Comments
2,181 - 2,200 of 4,130 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2697
Mar 29, 2013
 
correction: Presidents are not required to swear, but rather they can "affirm" the oath of office
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2698
Mar 29, 2013
 
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually it was an abomination for a Israelite "man" to lie with a "sacred male" in the worship of a fertility sex God, according to Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13 (KJV). On the other hand, I totally agree that Jesus did not abolish this Law, which had absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality.
Let God be true and every man proved a liar..

..Sodom and Gomorrah scripture tells us in the new testament are warning examples of those who went after fornication and flesh for UNNATURAL practices
..
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2699
Mar 29, 2013
 
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, then the bible would take precedence over the Constitution, right? In other words, it would be okay to murder a man or woman who had committed adultery, especially since Jesus did not abolish the Law, right?]
Jesus said he came to 'save' but he did warn the woman caught in adultery ..'go and sin no more'

Because sin produces death.

Every adulterer has the death penalty upon them..
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

President are not required to swear, but rather they can confirm the oath of office. And by way, Jesus taught “not to swear” anyway, instead let you word be yea or nea, right?/QUOTE]

I agree ..Let your yes means yes and no means no ...But your Presidents do swear or if you like confirm,,, they still use the Bible to affirm their legitimacy.

[QUOTE who="gundee123"]
Please know that you are speaking to traditions, not law.
Traditions are based on a religious belief..its where tradition comes from..people do things , because its always been done that way from their Fathers..but somewhere the tradition started from a religious belief..

[QUOTE who="gundee123"
Well, actually the basis of western cultures is based on traditions. And please know that all of their traditions are not noble, to put it kindly.[/QUOTE]

Disagree ..America in particular was based on the Puritans seeking a new world ..and built their foundation on their beliefs.

QUOTE...Biblical absolutes enshrined into law offered a consensus that meant freedom without chaos. One aspect of this is that, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, there exists "unalienable rights" of men. Rights were unalienable because they were given by God. This is very significant because in most societies up until that time (and indeed even today), rights are only conferred by whoever is in power at the time.

And I agree not all traditions are noble
gundee123 wrote:
The biblical God name was Jealous and He was revengeful, right? And if so,“What type of example do you suppose that this set for His followers to emulate,” if you do not mind my asking?
Correct God is a jealous God..and will not share his glory with any other trying to be god...

And what sort of example that sets for us..is recognition ..that we do not have to seek revenge ourselves ..which is a great freedom

For ' vengeance is mine says Jehovah."

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2700
Mar 29, 2013
 
little lamb wrote:
Let God be true and every man proved a liar..
Well, if the God of Israel is true, then all the other religious Gods must be a liar, right? And if so, then why is “all religions” based on faith and beliefs, rather than facts and evidence, if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
..Sodom and Gomorrah scripture tells us in the new testament are warning examples of those who went after fornication and flesh for UNNATURAL practices
Well, actually Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed because of anything unnatural according to the prophet named Ezekiel. And since his claim is closer to the event than Jude, I think that his claim carries more weight.

In fact, what Ezekiel claimed was the reason for Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed is very evident in the church today. And get this, I am not referring to homosexuality. Now, what I find to be very interesting is that many Christians claim that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, which is a claim that is neither substantiated by Jesus or the OT scripture, right?

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2701
Mar 29, 2013
 
little lamb wrote:
Jesus said he came to 'save' but he did warn the woman caught in adultery ..'go and sin no more'
Yes, Jesus did tell the woman to go and sin no more. Unfortunately, the adultery story did not appear in the earliest Greek MSS, right?
little lamb wrote:
Because sin produces death.
Every adulterer has the death penalty upon them..
I trust that you did not know that a married man was only considered an adulterer if he slept with another man’s wife. However, a married man was not considered an adulterer if he slept with a woman who not married or engaged to be married, which in my humble opinion reveal the sexism in the bible, with all due respect. And if you would like an example of a married man engaging in sex with someone who was not his wife, yet it was not a sin, then I give your Father Abraham.
little lamb wrote:
Traditions are based on a religious belief..its where tradition comes from..people do things , because its always been done that way from their Fathers..but somewhere the tradition started from a religious belief..
Yes, I agree. After all, slavery in America was based on religious belief, lies, greed, etc., right?
little lamb wrote:
Disagree ..America in particular was based on the Puritans seeking a new world ..and built their foundation on their beliefs.
Well, after they killed off the rightful owners of the land, i.e., the Native Americans, then I guess they were free to decide what was moral, right?
little lamb wrote:
QUOTE...Biblical absolutes enshrined into law offered a consensus that meant freedom without chaos. One aspect of this is that, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, there exists "unalienable rights" of men. Rights were unalienable because they were given by God. This is very significant because in most societies up until that time (and indeed even today), rights are only conferred by whoever is in power at the time.
If I may very respectfully ask,“Did the countless Black men who were captured, enslaved, tortured, killed, etc., have these “unalienable rights” that you are talking about?”
little lamb wrote:
And I agree not all traditions are noble
Yes, especially when the traditions are based in ignorance, fear, dependency, intolerance, bigotry, and hatred, right?
little lamb wrote:
Correct God is a jealous God..and will not share his glory with any other trying to be god...
Well, actually His name is “Jealous,” right?
little lamb wrote:
And what sort of example that sets for us..is recognition ..that we do not have to seek revenge ourselves ..which is a great freedom
For ' vengeance is mine says Jehovah."
Perhaps, this is the example it sets for those who will commit murder in order to take the rightful owners land, as well as enslave others for free labor, right?

In other words, God commanded Moses to kill the Canaanites and take their land, right? Thus, it was okay for the European to kill the Native Americans and take their land, righ
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2705
Mar 29, 2013
 
MESSIANIC114 wrote:
<quoted text>
.
If we are truly "born again" then we are in Messiah. As long as we are in Messiah, G-d does not see our sin. Although this is a complex issue we are forced by time and characters to limit our posts. Once we become born again we continue to sin and constantly need the grace of G-d to remain in him. We are commanded to be filled with the Spirit so we will not satisfy the lusts of the flesh, but no believer in Messiah is constantly filled with the Spirit and falls into sin.
.
The sin of homosexuality is no less deadly than gossip, lying, stealing, etc.
.
If you are "born again" and struggle with any sin:
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
.
First we are encouraged to sin NOT, but if we do he is faithful to forgive us if we are truly repentant. Don't be discouraged and think G-d does not love you, but get up and back in the race. G-d knows your weaknesses, he is not surprised or disappointed. He wants to change you from within in his time. Submit yourself to him and trust he will mold you into the person he created you to be and meet all your needs.
1John tells us that we all sin..but a Christian doesn't practice sin because Gods reproductive seed THE WORD is in us...
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2706
Mar 29, 2013
 
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if the God of Israel is true, then all the other religious Gods must be a liar, right? And if so, then why is “all religions” based on faith and beliefs, rather than facts and evidence, if you do not mind my asking?
It was Nimrod that started ' religion' off in the earth as a way of REACHING GOD...mans way has never been Gods way.

But the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob..is a God who rewards FAITH in him with agreements ..covenants.

Jesus came to mediate a new covenant..

Its the blood of Jesus whose blood is the covenant , where God gives us better promises..So this is initiated by God and not man.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed because of anything unnatural according to the prophet named Ezekiel. And since his claim is closer to the event than Jude, I think that his claim carries more weight.
In fact, what Ezekiel claimed was the reason for Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed is very evident in the church today. And get this, I am not referring to homosexuality. Now, what I find to be very interesting is that many Christians claim that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, which is a claim that is neither substantiated by Jesus or the OT scripture, right?
WRONG ..Sodom and Gomorrah and surrounding districts were destroyed because of rampant wickedness..of which homosexuality was one sin among many

So both Ezekiel and Jude are correct ..'all scripture is inspired of God.'
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2707
Mar 29, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Gimme the addy to your funeral home!
Lets talk about dead horses!
Funeral Home? WTF!
I can deliver a horse head to your bed before you get home.

Which side is yours?
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2712
Mar 29, 2013
 
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus did tell the woman to go and sin no more. Unfortunately, the adultery story did not appear in the earliest Greek MSS, right?
It is there today and Psalm 12 tells us God protects his sayings

" All scripture is inspired of God ...."
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust that you did not know that a married man was only considered an adulterer if he slept with another man’s wife. However, a married man was not considered an adulterer if he slept with a woman who not married or engaged to be married, which in my humble opinion reveal the sexism in the bible, with all due respect. And if you would like an example of a married man engaging in sex with someone who was not his wife, yet it was not a sin, then I give your Father Abraham.
Covenant of Law was not given until Moses..and Jesus went further in new covenant and stated just looking at a woman to desire her , has already committed is adultery in his heart...
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree. After all, slavery in America was based on religious belief, lies, greed, etc., right?
You need to distinguish between acts of sinful greedy men and the sayings of God.

Because what freed the slaves in the end was the WORD of God working on the conscience of men.

The abolition movement was a Christian movement.

Slavery was stopped in England by the work of a Christian .. William Wilburforce.

Through his work in Parliament, England stopped the slave trade in 1807 and abolished slavery totally in 1833.

America's phrase "created equal" in the Declaration of Independence was instrumental thought in changing Law....

and it was Christian thinking that believes all men are created equal..that they could reason with others due respect for a person of any race..
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, after they killed off the rightful owners of the land, i.e., the Native Americans, then I guess they were free to decide what was moral, right?
No..the word of God states " Thou shalt not murder..blame men for not obeying
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>If I may very respectfully ask,“Did the countless Black men who were captured, enslaved, tortured, killed, etc., have these “unalienable rights” that you are talking about?”
<quoted text>
Yes, especially when the traditions are based in ignorance, fear, dependency, intolerance, bigotry, and hatred, right?


Yes ..especially helped were areas of the globe that practiced cannibalism and witchcraft and mistreatment of widows like the sati in India..or in the Solomon Islands the abuse on widows

Without the work of missionaries shining the light of the gospels on people , ignorance, fear, dependency, intolerance, bigotry, and hatred would still abound.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, this is the example it sets for those who will commit murder in order to take the rightful owners land, as well as enslave others for free labor, right?
In other words, God commanded Moses to kill the Canaanites and take their land, right? Thus, it was okay for the European to kill the Native Americans and take their land, righ
God is sovereign..he sends both blessings and calamity..war is sent to punish nations..even his own people Israel were punished by sending nations to war against her.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2714
Mar 29, 2013
 
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

If I may very respectfully ask,“Did the countless Black men who were captured, enslaved, tortured, killed, etc., have these “unalienable rights” that you are talking about?”

Perhaps, this is the example it sets for those who will commit murder in order to take the rightful owners land, as well as enslave others for free labor, right?
h
The above words of Gundee refuses to take in consideration that it was the black man himself who sold his fellowman into slavary to the whites..and they still do today to some Islamic countries

There is a lack of taking responsibility for their own actions prevalent in some races..and they find it easier to blame the bad white man for all their ills...

But until they do..they will always have a slave mentality ..never growing up..

This one God exalts and that one he abases...whinging and moaning never exalts a man nor playing the blame game..scripture states by the action of one man all men were sold into slavery of sin.
hubbub

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2715
Mar 29, 2013
 
youtube.com/watch... … Sometimes you get lucky
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2718
Mar 29, 2013
 
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, there is lack of taking responsibility among your race. Do you mean like the royal family of England enslaves its people? Or do you mean like when all the world ended slavery and make it illegal, but white Americans continued?
Do you also mean like when some Jews saved their families lives and turned in Jews, who were later put in gas chambers.
Do you mean like the first people in America referred to as the N'word, white Irish slaves who were slaves to whites? Do you mean like when the Vikings enslaved Scots?
Or, do you mean that you are a racist, or maybe when a white father gives his daughter away to a man, who later beats her and even kills her, then that white father gave his daughter away for that purpose, right?
Now, you are telling us that the white slave hunters traveled all the way to Africa, in hopes of finding some black tribes who had slaves to trade? I mean, according to you, they would have just turned around.
Now, racist, please explain South Africa and the Dutch murder and invasion, and apartheid. You know, the Dutch came to South Africa and killed over a million Zulus and took over. Hmm, very much like the Native Americans here....so which almost extinct Native Americans killed other Native Americans while the good white man said "no please don't"
Strange thing, wasn't Hitler just another white who hated Jews, just like the Southern whites hated blacks.
Now, after slavery was over, white dude, how do you explain segregation, Jim Crowe laws, the rapes, beating, and lynching of blacks by your evil devil family members?
Racist hate keeps Christ out, so your religion is one of hate without Christ, but I forgive you, because you could not possibly know how much hate you have inside.
Thats correct without Christ i would be a bigot for sure..

Its Jesus who brings all our thoughts into captivity to him

It is him who teaches us " that out of one man all nations of men were created'

its his word that teaches me that " if you despise your fellow man then you despise God who created him"

Yes its thanks to God , that I am not the rampant racial creature I know I am quite capable og being...

So thank God that he through Jesus Christ forgives us our sins and recreates us us back to be conformed in his image.

You see I am not frightened to take personal responsibility of the evil that can reside in me,,without Christ.
Uncircumcised Philistine

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2721
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Go buy a tampon..
All drama queens like you need them.
Did i hit a nerve for you. How dare i quote scripture in a christian forum.. i mean seriously, what is wrong with me.

I would rather you be mad and hear the truth, and be held accountable judgement day for living a lifestyle of sexual immorality.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2725
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>i dont hear any truth from you. I hear drama queen bullpucky. Whats wrong with you? loads.
You don't hear Truth period.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2727
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Your 'truth' is outside my frequency range. I cant hear bullcrap that high.
Thank you Jesus!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2729
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>He just mowed the lawn. Did you tip him, you cheapo?
Are you really this ignorant?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2731
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. But you are.
It was your comment LOL
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2732
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homosexuals can be saved by Jesus just like anyone else can.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2734
Mar 30, 2013
 
Phoenix wrote:
Homosexuals can be saved by Jesus just like anyone else can.
"God gave them up to VILE affections"

Romans 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2735
Mar 30, 2013
 
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>I dont 'comment'..
There ya go folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Jesus pray like a Muslim? (May '09) 10 min stupid is not a disease 100
Should I throw bible? 10 min susanblange 17
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 13 min Gary Coaldigger 10,446
BIBLE CONTRADICTION: Mark 4:11-12, 2 Peter 3:9 14 min stupid is not a disease 22
God is just 15 min stupid is not a disease 53
A Message from Nettie 17 min stupid is not a disease 802
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 21 min stupid is not a disease 1,327
If Jesus said few would find the "road that lea... 5 hr stupid is not a disease 311
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 7 hr stupid is not a disease 231
•••
•••