How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

#2668 Mar 28, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
You are painting with too broad a brush.
Jesus only referred to some of the religious leaders of Judaism as hypocrites.
Yes, I agree. The point that I was making was simply that it was the religious leaders, not sinners, that Jesus often rebuked, right?
Cisco Kid wrote:
True that others have put on that cloak over the years, but Jesus did not call ALL religious leaders hypocrites.
Again, I agree. However, it was the religious right (not the secular left) that Jesus often rebuked, right?

Spring Hill, FL

#2669 Mar 28, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are painting with too broad a brush.
Jesus only referred to some of the religious leaders of Judaism as hypocrites.
True that others have put on that cloak over the years, but Jesus did not call ALL religious leaders hypocrites.
Well, actually, I was not using a brush, but rather simply stating a biblical claim.

Spring Hill, FL

#2670 Mar 28, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't help it if you are ignorant of the fact that Paul was an Apostle to the nations..
Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever...
Jesus does call religious Leaders hypocrites , because he set the example of a true Leader being the servant of all
It appears to be a human failing, to see being in any office religious or secular , as a position to feather your own nest and for people to kow - tow to you..
Jesus shows its the opposite it really means to minister, to others ..
Paul also knew that , he expended himself , and suffered much to minister to the Gentiles with the gospel.
Yes, Paul was a self-appointed Apostle, right?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

Brasília, Brazil

#2671 Mar 28, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to lose your job, but that's not let it stop you from coming here posting on my forum. So tell me retard will have to happen to you to keep you from posting on my forum.
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#2672 Mar 28, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you accept the testimony of the scriptures as a legal document based on eye-witness accounts..

Paul was on the way to Damascus , when he encountered the risen Christ..others were with him at the time...

The account of Pauls encounter was written by Luke...
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#2673 Mar 28, 2013
And to lay with a man the same as a woman is against the Law of God..

and Jesus said ' he has not come to destroy the law , but fulfill it."

the Law on homosexual sin is still standing..
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#2676 Mar 28, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>How does having sex with your mother or sister involve physique
Who's even talking about that besides you?
Why are you obsessed with incest?
Is it a family tradition with you?

No wonder your IQ hovers below the tepid range.

Hopefully you neither vote nor breed.

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#2678 Mar 28, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Murphy, you can believe what you want, but that would be your opinion. If you tried to sell your opinion that would be a cheap trick.
No, Murphy, they just have not figured out that you are Murphy.
Too bad you're pissed and since we know about your azz you best set it beside a donkey.
HAHA, it is not fishing season. I think we are shooting quirrels this season.
Sorry, I'm not Murphy and those who know me.....know that!!!
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#2679 Mar 28, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. The point that I was making was simply that it was the religious leaders, not sinners, that Jesus often rebuked, right?
<quoted text>
Again, I agree. However, it was the religious right (not the secular left) that Jesus often rebuked, right?
Jesus rebuked the religious establishment of the time because of their pious assumption of righteousness.

As far as whatever 'secular left' may have existed at the time, Jesus was busy healing them of what ailed them.
Which was much less than the ills of today's secular left.

You're trying to paint into a corner.

#2680 Mar 28, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>OhRose, relax, the pain will be over soon.
Wow, I'm now this poster to.......sorry, I'm just me!!!
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#2681 Mar 28, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, I was not using a brush, but rather simply stating a biblical claim.
Yeah, right. You're a regular Vincent Van Goof.

#2685 Mar 28, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>No Troth, we know it is you and you are trying to sneak back in. Time to report you...har har. Yes, you are just you posting under at least 10 socks and looking for your azz which got whipped by the Justices this week.
Bye bye birdie, now stop your gay trolling around our Christian forum. I know that you wish you were us, so here you are in our house. TEEHEE.
Sorry "doc", but I don't have but 2 registered accounts, don't post using a grey box and can post anywhere I want.......and I'm not violating the TOS of topix........so, please continue to do what it is you do.......it won't affect me:-)

Oh and if Troth wants to post on topix, he has as much right as you do......I mean how many socks have you had banned? More than enough and you still seem to be able to post......lol!!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2688 Mar 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
And to lay with a man the same as a woman is against the Law of God..
and Jesus said ' he has not come to destroy the law , but fulfill it."
the Law on homosexual sin is still standing..
As is the law on not eating shrimp or lobster, which God considered abominations.

But you eat them anyway, don't you?

Hypocrite!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2689 Mar 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>Why are all the bigots gays and why do all gays hate Blacks?
If all the bigots are christians, fool, then you should be saving all your peanuts for a life in Iran, Iraq, India and China.
The fact that you continue to live in a predominantly Christian nation, where all the bigots live and 81% of the nation are Christians, makes you a mentally ill gay.
Thanks for proving that religious people suck at logic.

"All bigots are Christians" is not the same as "All Christians are bigots."

But I should clarify my position - I meant to say that the Christians, meaning evangelical Christians, who post on this thread are bigots. And that's true - go back and read the posts made by evangelical Christians and you will see that every single one of them does not believe that a gay man or lesbian can be a Christian.

That's a bigoted position. I stand by my (amended) statement.

Spring Hill, FL

#2690 Mar 29, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
You're going to lose your job, but that's not let it stop you from coming here posting on my forum. So tell me retard will have to happen to you to keep you from posting on my forum.
Please know that name calling only demonstrates your inability to debate an issue, right?

Spring Hill, FL

#2691 Mar 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Not if you accept the testimony of the scriptures as a legal document based on eye-witness accounts..
Paul was on the way to Damascus , when he encountered the risen Christ..others were with him at the time...
The account of Pauls encounter was written by Luke...
Well, perhaps, you are not aware that the alleged "eye-witness accounts" is nothing more than "hearsay" evidence. And I think that you know that "hearsay" evidence is not admissible in court, except under very strict circumstance, right? Besides, their more than one account as to what happened on the road to Damascus.
little lamb

Australia

#2692 Mar 29, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, perhaps, you are not aware that the alleged "eye-witness accounts" is nothing more than "hearsay" evidence. And I think that you know that "hearsay" evidence is not admissible in court, except under very strict circumstance, right? Besides, their more than one account as to what happened on the road to Damascus.
I know both the new covenant and the old covenant..have been used in every court in the west..and recognized by the judiciary as a legal document

it has also been used to swear in your presidents..which you claim they are doing so on a piece of 'hear say'...which would make your whole system a laughing stock

And I know that most people who swear the oath of allegiance use the words ",,,, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

So I suppose mocking the bases of western culture comes easy to a . TRAITOR.

All because of acknowledging God means a restriction on your moral behavior...
little lamb

Australia

#2694 Mar 29, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>After reading the US Constitution, I can say that no we don't use the OT, or NT as a basis for our laws.
The oath of office allows you to swear or affirm. Allegiance to god is not required.
Have a nice day
John Adams ..second president ..had this to say about your constitution..

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Get that??

your constitution was made for a moral and religious people..so don't give me your immoral atheist rot..

Spring Hill, FL

#2695 Mar 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
And to lay with a man the same as a woman is against the Law of God..and Jesus said ' he has not come to destroy the law , but fulfill it."the Law on homosexual sin is still standing..
Well, actually it was an abomination for a Israelite "man" to lie with a "sacred male" in the worship of a fertility sex God, according to Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13 (KJV). On the other hand, I totally agree that Jesus did not abolish this Law, which had absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality.

Spring Hill, FL

#2696 Mar 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
I know both the new covenant and the old covenant..have been used in every court in the west..and recognized by the judiciary as a legal document
If this is true, then the bible would take precedence over the Constitution, right? In other words, it would be okay to murder a man or woman who had committed adultery, especially since Jesus did not abolish the Law, right?
little lamb wrote:
it has also been used to swear in your presidents..which you claim they are doing so on a piece of 'hear say'...which would make your whole system a laughing stock
President are not required to swear, but rather they can confirm the oath of office. And by way, Jesus taught “not to swear” anyway, instead let you word be yea or nea, right?
little lamb wrote:
And I know that most people who swear the oath of allegiance use the words ",,,, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Please know that you are speaking to traditions, not law.
little lamb wrote:
So I suppose mocking the bases of western culture comes easy to a . TRAITOR.
Well, actually the basis of western cultures is based on traditions. And please know that all of their traditions are not noble, to put it kindly.
little lamb wrote:
All because of acknowledging God means a restriction on your moral behavior...
The biblical God name was Jealous and He was revengeful, right? And if so,“What type of example do you suppose that this set for His followers to emulate,” if you do not mind my asking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min Chrome duqquetto 4,820
Real Fundies 18 min no-one-special 77
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 36 min truthandcommonsense 2,656
What about all these hypocrites that claim the ... 1 hr truthandcommonsense 44
Mathew 5:17 – Why do some Christians not preach... 3 hr Hotel Practical 31
Natural Morality As Evidence Against The Existe... 4 hr RELIGION OF ARROG... 13
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 7 hr truthandcommonsense 210
More from around the web