How can a gay be a Christian??

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#2534 Mar 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about marriage but health. Homosexual practices need to be discouraged like we discourage smoking.
Really???? Then heterosexual practices should be discouraged too, which means no boom boom for you.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2535 Mar 27, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all parents become pro gay marriage when faced with a homosexual child. Some disown their children, kicked them out of the house, and refuse to have anything to do with them at all.
You are right and here is the evidence.

Here is the true story movie of Christian parents that had a gay son and rejected him. It was only after he jumped into the path of an 18 wheeler, from a throughway overpass, that the mother realized her wrong and became a gay advocate and marched in a gay parade..

There is nothing worse than a parent rejecting their child because of something they are not responsible for..

Reality

San Diego, CA

#2536 Mar 27, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text> As we all have discovered, you gays lie depending on what side of the page is flipped.
I'm not gay nor would I want to be. Everyone would choose to be normal (in every way) in this one life we have, but we do not get that choice. It's the luck of the draw..

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2537 Mar 27, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a fool.
If the definition of marriage includes anybody that loves their partner, the next step is pedophelia and bestiality being included in marriage.
Then comes the law suits against intelligent people with morals that refuse to bend to the new abridged grey secular morality, or lack of morality, more precisely.
This issue in front of the SCOTUS is just the tip of the spear.
Once the camel's nose is under the tent......
What are you putting in the Kool aid?

Are you saying God made a mistake. The obvious is very clear. God does not object to the marriage of children.Old enough to bleed old enough to breed. A local priest killed himself over this.Not really, killed himself for getting caught.
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to get married, find a person of the opposite sex.
Why is that so hard?
Otherwise, don't whine.
I did, 28 years ago. Your the whiner.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2538 Mar 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>If same sex marriages become law we should expect efforts to shut down churches that refuse to do them. Look at Canada. Pastors have been fined for speaking out against homosexuality.
Give me one reason should believe anything you say about the gay issue after you posted your lie in 2476 below....

2476
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2539 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right and here is the evidence.
Here is the true story movie of Christian parents that had a gay son and rejected him. It was only after he jumped into the path of an 18 wheeler, from a throughway overpass, that the mother realized her wrong and became a gay advocate and marched in a gay parade..
There is nothing worse than a parent rejecting their child because of something they are not responsible for..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gU-1ho0c9IkXX
Utah is full of teens living on the streets from being kicked out of house over their sexual orientation.

Utah sees rise in LGBT teens becoming homeless
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Utah-se...
little lamb

Mentone, Australia

#2540 Mar 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Pedophilia? Sunshine 90% of pedophiles are married heterosexuals. Look dummy marriage is a legal contract between two consenting adults. Find a farm animal that fits that broad description.
marriage is a legal covenant between a male and female

seed and egg.

And marriage is a three way bond ..man, woman and God..because Law is spiritual

very fact your nation is having a debate on the marriage arrangement, shows the break down of spirit of your nation.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2541 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one reason should believe anything you say about the gay issue after you posted your lie in 2476 below....
2476
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
I found it is not a lie. yea surprised me too.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/26/gay...
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2542 Mar 27, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Utah is full of teens living on the streets from being kicked out of house over their sexual orientation.
Utah sees rise in LGBT teens becoming homeless
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Utah-se...
That's a pretty sad legacy religion and the Utah state government is leaving for sure!!
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2543 Mar 27, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it is not a lie. yea surprised me too.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/26/gay...
It is a lie because it could never happened..Freedom of religious belief is the law of our land and for that reason a judge could not have ruled against a church that believes homosexual marriage is a sin. They have the right under the law to not allow it in their Church..

Jeff posted that fox news link with the story and it's widely known fox news is a republican pro Christian station..Here's what it said again which could not be true IMHO.

A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2544 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one reason should believe anything you say about the gay issue after you posted your lie in 2476 below....
2476
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
Here ya go: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/judge-rules-...

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#2545 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lie because it could never happened..Freedom of religious belief is the law of our land and for that reason a judge could not have ruled against a church that believes homosexual marriage is a sin. They have the right under the law to not allow it in their Church..
Jeff posted that fox news link with the story and it's widely known fox news is a republican pro Christian station..Here's what it said again which could not be true IMHO.
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
I **believe** this is the facts of the original story:

The issue was that church rented its building out to anyone who wished to use it, making it a public facility rented out for income. When a SS couple wished to use just the building for a wedding, the church said no thus discriminating in their use of their public rented facility. Had a Satanic heterosexual couple wished to wed or simply have a party in this building and the church declined, the same issue would have arisen since the church choose to delegate their building as a public facility to make money on the side.

No public rented facility may discriminate as defined by their state laws. This was a public facility used to earn extra cash in its off hours and only was it a church when the members wished to gather there.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2546 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lie because it could never happened..Freedom of religious belief is the law of our land and for that reason a judge could not have ruled against a church that believes homosexual marriage is a sin. They have the right under the law to not allow it in their Church..
Jeff posted that fox news link with the story and it's widely known fox news is a republican pro Christian station..Here's what it said again which could not be true IMHO.
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
If you can't trust Fox news because its a republican pro Christian station then we can't trust CNN, USAToday etc because these stations are liberal and biased.

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#2547 Mar 27, 2013
Okay, now that Jeff provided the names of the couple via his link a google search shows it was not the church building, it was a public rented pavilion that the church owned.

"The Association postured that the public pavilion was private even though the Association had accepted a public subsidy for the facility and had signed an agreement to make it open to public on a nondiscriminatory basis."

http://www.gardenstateequality.org/2012/01/vi...
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2548 Mar 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't trust Fox news because its a republican pro Christian station then we can't trust CNN, USAToday etc because these stations are liberal and biased.
Lets get to the root of this..Do you disagree that the law of our land protects freedom of religious beliefs?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2549 Mar 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lie because it could never happened..Freedom of religious belief is the law of our land and for that reason a judge could not have ruled against a church that believes homosexual marriage is a sin. They have the right under the law to not allow it in their Church..
Jeff posted that fox news link with the story and it's widely known fox news is a republican pro Christian station..Here's what it said again which could not be true IMHO.
A Methodist church in New Jersey was sued for not offering its facility for use during same-sex weddings. A judge ruled against the church.
Freedom of religious belief is the law of our land only to a point.
We busted that Mormon compound in Texas for marrying girls while under age. Most states will bust parents for faith healing kids to death as well. Ya can't stone to death your rebellious teen. You can'r own slaves either no matter what you religious beliefs.

It happened.It is still in the courts. Was not a church but a beach front house owned by the church.The church would not rent to a gay couple to hold a wedding in.

the parties in the dispute are awaiting a ruling from the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on whether the issue should be decided in the division on civil rights or in federal courts. A lower federal court has ruled that the state could consider the case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/30/nj-r...
Libertarian

London, UK

#2550 Mar 27, 2013
Speaking as an atheist I don't understand why any right thinking gay person should want to worship some deity who made them that way so they have to spend eternity in hell unless they're celibate all their lives. Why on earth would you worship such as malign entity.

Gay people, you're better than that. Don't let these bronze age, blood sacrifice, death cult obsessives tell you the very deity who made you that way judges you for it. Have some self respect. They will be judged by history a lot more harshly than someone who cannot help who they are attracted to.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2551 Mar 27, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
Okay, now that Jeff provided the names of the couple via his link a google search shows it was not the church building, it was a public rented pavilion that the church owned.
"The Association postured that the public pavilion was private even though the Association had accepted a public subsidy for the facility and had signed an agreement to make it open to public on a nondiscriminatory basis."
http://www.gardenstateequality.org/2012/01/vi...
Thanks for that info..Apparently Fox forgot to include it in the news story that the facility had signed an agreement to make it open to public on a nondiscriminatory basis." If they had included that part, I wouldn't have had a problem with it..

What it boils down to is this. A church has the right to not allow gay marriages in their "Church building" if their religious believe forbids gay marriage..I believe this issue has been brought up because the supreme court is about to rule on gay marriage being legal..

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2552 Mar 27, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Speaking as an atheist I don't understand why any right thinking gay person should want to worship some deity who made them that way so they have to spend eternity in hell unless they're celibate all their lives. Why on earth would you worship such as malign entity.
Gay people, you're better than that. Don't let these bronze age, blood sacrifice, death cult obsessives tell you the very deity who made you that way judges you for it. Have some self respect. They will be judged by history a lot more harshly than someone who cannot help who they are attracted to.
Religious indoctrination runs deep is all I can come up with.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#2553 Mar 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
The fox news story you posted to me didn't include the fact it wasn't the church, but a facility that the church signed an agreement to make it open to public on a nondiscriminatory basis." If they had included that part, I wouldn't have had a problem with it..Do you have any idea why fox news would not have included that in the link you provided???????>?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence Against God 7 min Jesus Is 3,899
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 1 hr Atheistgirl 40
"Fruitful." And then multiply. 2 hr stophavingkids 1
Spirit bodies. 2 hr Atheistgirl 54
Why do you really believe in a god? 2 hr Hardcore 633
If the Bible is True Barnsweb is a ... 2 hr Hardcore 43
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 hr KAB 1,358
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 4 hr KAB 8,326
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 hr Cookie_Parker 20,066
GS, defend this defamation of my character with... (Oct '12) 17 hr GodSmacked 968
More from around the web