Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 207
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Calgary, Canada

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
the simple answer is that they can not. The detailed answer is that no one is gay, that is like a driver of a car, he is only a driver when he is driving. Such is with gays, they are only gay when they are engaged in gay behavior.
Leviticus 18:22 Homosexuality is an abomination and a sin...the two shall be put to death.
18:2 ...incest is a sin and man shall not lie with kin folks.
18:20-24...sex with animals, women are periods and children.
How can people continue the choice of gay behavior?
If we are truly "born again" then we are in Messiah. As long as we are in Messiah, G-d does not see our sin. Although this is a complex issue we are forced by time and characters to limit our posts. Once we become born again we continue to sin and constantly need the grace of G-d to remain in him. We are commanded to be filled with the Spirit so we will not satisfy the lusts of the flesh, but no believer in Messiah is constantly filled with the Spirit and falls into sin.
The sin of homosexuality is no less deadly than gossip, lying, stealing, etc.
If you are "born again" and struggle with any sin:
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
First we are encouraged to sin NOT, but if we do he is faithful to forgive us if we are truly repentant. Don't be discouraged and think G-d does not love you, but get up and back in the race. G-d knows your weaknesses, he is not surprised or disappointed. He wants to change you from within in his time. Submit yourself to him and trust he will mold you into the person he created you to be and meet all your needs.

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 10, 2013
I am a newborn Christian (3 weeks today!) and gay. But I no longer PRACTICE homosexual acts.

Yet I still have the same attractions and temptations that any gay teenager has. That doesn't mean I'm not a Christian.

A heterosexual fornicator who is converted is still heterosexual and still tempted to sin, but that doesn't mean he's not a Christian.

A thief who converts is still tempted by opportunities for easy theft. A converted glutton is still tempted to overeat, but no less tempted than before his or her conversion.

I am not tempted to overeat. Gluttony just doesn't happen to be a weakness of mine. It is as foreign and unimaginable to me as homosexual acts are to a straight person. But I don't single out gluttons as special targets to be declared "impossible for them to be Christians."

I am not tempted to get drunk. It's just not something I struggle with. But I don't go around quoting 1st Corinthians 6:10 and emphasizing "no DRUNKARD shall inherit the kingdom of heaven!"

The Good News is in the verses that follow:
Such were some of you, but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God (verse 11).
Yes, homosexual acts are sinful. But not beyond God's power to forgive.

I am a Christian. And gay.

That is no different from an alcoholic Christian, a Christian who has committed adultery (King David), murder (Moses), fraud (Matthew), or even been the Chief of Sinners, as the Apostle Paul admits in one of his epistles.

I am not a judge of men's souls. I am just a beggar telling other beggars where I found bread.

And so are you.

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>This is not true. Cancer is the product of sin, so is a cold. It is cancer that kills. Also, one may lie or abuse drugs, but the drug abuse is the deadly one.
God called homosexuality an abomination and said that the two shall be put to death. God never said this about lying and gossiping.
So lying and gossip DON'T condemn people to hell? ANY sin is worthy of hell, true?

I really think you are mixing up the CIVIL law of ancient Israel with the MORAL law which applies to all people in all times. Do you have a fence around your rooftop? Did you know that you are guilty of manslaughter if you don't have a fence around it? See Deuteronomy 22:8!

Y'see, that was a CIVIL law in an ancient nation where the people entertained guests on their rooftops under a tent canopy. It was a safety regulation. It doesn't apply today, except in the sense that owners of swimming pools should fence them in, and owners of firearms should have trigger locks or keep their guns in a locked cabinet or something.

We don't live in ancient Israel. We don't put homosexuals to death any more than we execute children for being sassy to their parents or exile them because their parents failed to have them circumcised.

I will agree with you that some sins have far more dire consequences than others, homosexual acts being one of those. But homosexuality is not the Unpardonable Sin. Nor do we live in ancient Israel with a death penalty for children who talk back at their parents, nor are we to execute anyone who shares a sexual act with an unsanctioned partner.

In the eyes of God, ANY sin is worthy of everlasting torment in hell. When one sin is more dire than another, it is in THIS life, where the consequences differ with times and circumstances.

Calgary, Canada

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>This is not true. Cancer is the product of sin, so is a cold. It is cancer that kills. Also, one may lie or abuse drugs, but the drug abuse is the deadly one.
God called homosexuality an abomination and said that the two shall be put to death. God never said this about lying and gossiping. Also, I do not know of any club were stealing and lying is called genetic and normal.
When you go to the hospital, you tell the doctor to treat your 4th stage cancer just like a common cold, or perhaps you identify the difference in severity.
You are speaking strictly of the physical. Here again is not my opinion, but something everyone can read for themselves.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a LIE: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
(lying is deadly)

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to LIE to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not LIED unto men, but unto God.
5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
(lying is deadly)

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a LYING tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh LIES, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
(Of these seven abominations a liar is mentioned twice).
What I think you fail to realize is that ALL sin is deadly if untreated. One can die just as well from a cut that gets infected as a bullet to the brain, one is just faster than the other. The only difference in sin in this world are the consequences of that sin in this world.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from ALL sin.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#13 Feb 10, 2013
God wants all mankind to be saved.
Jesus Christ reaches out in love to everybody.

Jesus sacrificed his life for sinners.
Why do people feel the need to make judgments for God?

Why condemn others?

"Jesus heard this and said to them that,“Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”
Mk.2:17

Calgary, Canada

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Christ is above all sins wrote:
<quoted text>What I think is that you are playing games with satan.
The thread is about gays being Christians, so why are you avoiding that issue. You mentioned lying, so do you know of any 'Lying Christian' parades or any Christians who call themselves lying Christians. It seems rather ridiculous, but it is harder to not lie than it is to not act on gay urges.
That said, any person who belongs to the LGBT or Liars Gays Bisexual Tran brigade will go to hell unless they denounce all of those sins.
Why must you conclude that the cut got infected, when in fact must cuts do not get infected and lead to death. Most bullets to the head do lead to death. In any case, the person would have to be healed and the infection and bullet could not remain. This is what people who love their gay sin or drug addiction do. They want to continue with their sin and called it a part of Christianity.
You seem to be defending an evil sin which you have chosen to keep.
My advice is that you read the threads instead of jumping into the middle without knowing the past. Then you would know that no one has endorsed homosexuality yet.
For instance Tim already told you he is not a practicing homosexual. So why are you on his case? Which apostle do you think would be discouraging a believer 3 weeks into their walk with the Lord? We all struggle with sin. The majority of the NT is the apostles guiding us to a more observant life. That means people who haven't reached perfection.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus
<quoted text> but it is harder to not lie than it is to not act on gay urges.
How do you know this? Do you have any scripture to support your position?
<quoted text> Why must you conclude that the cut got infected
most (vitually all) cuts get infected. If this wasn't a problem we wouldn't need antiseptics or antibiotics.
I can guarentee you if you are scratched by a komodo dragon you will die unless treated. Satan is a more deadly dragon than the Komodo.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#15 Feb 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="Minister of idocy/DOC!"]?[/QUOTE]Hiya doc, another sock,, makes like 11 now? You sure aint a 'christian'.........so, you MUST be GAY!

Doc the gay!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#16 Feb 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="Minister of idiots/DOC"]<quoted text>Any person who can not and will not call God God but says G-d, does not know or respect him.[/QUOTE]You just did!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of DOC the idiot wrote:
<quoted text>This is not true. Cancer is the product of sin, so is a cold.
I hope it metastasizes quickly for you!

Gawd what a freakin whack job you are! Is your name Shirley?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
the simple answer is that they can not. The detailed answer is that no one is gay, that is like a driver of a car, he is only a driver when he is driving. Such is with gays, they are only gay when they are engaged in gay behavior.
Leviticus 18:22 Homosexuality is an abomination and a sin...the two shall be put to death.
18:2 ...incest is a sin and man shall not lie with kin folks.
18:20-24...sex with animals, women are periods and children.
How can people continue the choice of gay behavior?
Sweet I love the old testament. Do you follow all 613 laws? Strange fact only a few pertain gays. No heterosexuals are some real deviates.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#21 Feb 11, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
they can't be Christian.
You arent a christian

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23 Feb 11, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You arent a christian
You arent a man!

;)

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#25 Feb 11, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Jazybird,
Since you did not die for my sins then I guess you have no say in the matter. Just because I will not accept homosexuality as the norm does not mean I am not Christian. You are fighting against God not me.
<quoted text>
Who died and made you god?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#26 Feb 11, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Who died and made you god?
Gotta remember that she hears voices.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#27 Feb 11, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
they can't be Christian.
How long, do you think, until you get banned for a 3rd time? We have an office pool going.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#28 Feb 11, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How long, do you think, until you get banned for a 3rd time? We have an office pool going.
I think it's way more than three times. She's trying to meet a "banned" goal..........LOL

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#31 Feb 11, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
victorial,
I was not banned I was away in Colorado if you must know.
So tell me you get banned now for stating an opinion? When I have seen you and others say much worse. I am on topic and speaking my opinion no topix rules being broken. If I cannot say my opinion then we all should shut down because this is still America the land of the free and the right to say what I believe.
<quoted text>
Find any good kush in Colorado?

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#32 Feb 11, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
victorial,
I was not banned I was away in Colorado if you must know.
So tell me you get banned now for stating an opinion? When I have seen you and others say much worse. I am on topic and speaking my opinion no topix rules being broken. If I cannot say my opinion then we all should shut down because this is still America the land of the free and the right to say what I believe.
<quoted text>
FYI America isn't even in the top 5 free-ist countries in the world.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#33 Feb 11, 2013
Cookie Parker gray boxing wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus was written by jewish priests. You can't be a jewish priest and be gay.
Christ NEVER said homosexuality was a sin or an abomination, nor wrong. You CAN be gay and Christian.
Christ also didnt talk about bestiality either, but that doesnt make it right. Christ speaks against sexual immorality and homosexuality falls in that category.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#34 Feb 11, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet I love the old testament. Do you follow all 613 laws? Strange fact only a few pertain gays. No heterosexuals are some real deviates.
Of the 613 laws, some pertained to women, some men, and some to priests and kings. The rest applies to everyone. The only part of the law that doesnt apply to us as believers now, is the ceremonial and sacrificial ones.

Anything that is seen from the OT is the NT still applies, and sexual immorality is mentioned many times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 207
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 8 min paganbirdkeeper666 14,606
New Discovery Shows No God Needed To Create Life 19 min God the son 227
Atonement? 46 min God the son 172
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 50 min God the son 3,318
++++++++ THE PROPHET of JESUS CHRIST ++++++++ 1 hr hmmmmm 5
The Social Harm of Religion 2 hr Hardcore 84
Catholics Mobbing Church Pews 2 hr Hardcore 6
Houston Mayor Says City’s Church Sermon Subpoen... 12 hr 15th Dalai Lama 59

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE