“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7590 Apr 26, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, Chapter 7
6: He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7: Howbeit in vain do they worship me
Yes Prophet, My walk and talk are close with the Lord... I'm well aware of 'actions speak louder than words.' But thank you...:)

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#7592 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
when you start believing the impossible and claiming you have supernatural experiences, you have issues. If I proclaimed I was abducted by martians or can levitate object or see the future, you would say I am a mental case, and rightfully so...there is a reason you can't prove or demonstrate jack $-hit....
Again,I'm sorry that you feel that way and I have no beef about your disbelief of anything.
You are your own person and you have to choose your own path and,no,I wouldn't say that you are a mental case,I never once thought of that of you.
Skeptical,yes,but not a mental case.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#7595 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
The original letter from Einstein was posted on this and is available to view:
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.
Mr. Einstein thought that the concept of a personal “God” was childish but as an agnostic did not rule out the possibility of the existence of a consciousness and intelligence which is presently beyond our comprehension that is responsible for the creation and laws of the universe. I think that means he didn’t claim to know about “God”. I don’t think that makes him a Pantheist I think that makes him and agnostic.

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity.”- Albert Einstein
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7596 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Prophet, My walk and talk are close with the Lord... I'm well aware of 'actions speak louder than words.' But thank you...:)
Walking with the devil is not nothing to brag about.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#7597 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I have my 'Quiet Time-Hour of Power' with him every morning... so he is not second...:)
AMEN...

Location hidden

#7599 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
and the issue is not about my disbelief, but your lack of proof or evidence....read the first and last sentence...
Science begins with the null hypothesis, which assumes that the claim under investigation is not true until demonstrated otherwise.
The statistical standards of evidence needed to reject the null hypothesis are substantial. Ideally, in a controlled experiment, we would like to be 95 to 99 percent confident that the results were not caused by chance before we offer our provisional assent that the effect may be real. Failure to reject the null hypothesis does not make the claim false, and, conversely, rejecting the null hypothesis is not a warranty on truth. Nevertheless, the scientific method is the best tool ever devised to discriminate between true and false patterns, to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and to detect baloney.
The null hypothesis means that the burden of proof is on the person asserting a positive claim, not on the skeptics to disprove it.
To each to his or her own.

Location hidden

#7601 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Academy of Science has over 300+ Nobel prize winners and the highest IQ membership....they would love to hear from a mental giant like yourself with your supernatural fantasies....you can entertain them with your stories...they need a good laugh
That's cute.
Evidently I have rubbed you the wrong way and I don't know what I said to cause you to attack me like this,I haven't said anything to downgrade you at all but if that is what you are looking for from me then all I can say is that you must have been born an asshole and just grew bigger.
Now,does that make you feel better,is that what you wanted from me?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#7602 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you personal opinion and interpretation....again, I posted his letter, in his own writing, where he clearly stated there is no god...everything you are quoting are philosophical interpretations...
“You may call me an agnostic”

September 28, 1949
Mr. Guy H. Raner, Jr.USS Bougainville (CVE 109)
6850 Chimineas Ave.
Reseda, Cal.

Dear Mr. Raner:

I see with pleasure from your letter of the 25th that your convictions are near to my own. Trusting your sound judgment I authorize you to use my letter of July 1945 in any way you see fit.

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being.

Sincerely Yours,
EINSTEIN
Albert Einstein

http://www.shapell.org/manuscript.aspx...
Fremont Rose

Anonymous Proxy

#7603 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Academy of Science has over 300+ Nobel prize winners and the highest IQ membership....they would love to hear from a mental giant like yourself with your supernatural fantasies....you can entertain them with your stories...they need a good laugh
You do know that not one of these scientists in the field of biology can make the same claim in the field of physics. They darn sure can not make any claims in the field of Christianity or the supernatural. Many of these people you mention die in mental institutions.
Fremont Rose

Anonymous Proxy

#7604 Apr 26, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute.
Evidently I have rubbed you the wrong way and I don't know what I said to cause you to attack me like this,I haven't said anything to downgrade you at all but if that is what you are looking for from me then all I can say is that you must have been born an asshole and just grew bigger.
Now,does that make you feel better,is that what you wanted from me?
You have been here long enough to know, that when truth and facts threaten them their only retort is to attack.
Fremont Rose

Anonymous Proxy

#7605 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you personal opinion and interpretation....again, I posted his letter, in his own writing, where he clearly stated there is no god...everything you are quoting are philosophical interpretations...
Your personal opinion and interpretation has no more meaning.

He posted Einstein's quote in his own writing, which clearly says that he believes in a God, but he just does not know him.

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity.”- Albert Einstein
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#7606 Apr 26, 2013
Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Your personal opinion and interpretation has no more meaning.
He posted Einstein's quote in his own writing, which clearly says that he believes in a God, but he just does not know him.
Incorrect!

Einstein did not believe in any “God”; he was an agnostic. An agnostic simply does not profess to know if there is a “God” or not. That is what Einstein was referring to when he wrote,“I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being”. An agnostic simply says “I don’t Know”.

"What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism." - Albert Einstein

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7611 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Walking with the devil is not nothing to brag about.
I don't see where I posted devil, do you?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7612 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see where I posted devil, do you?
The devil can be your Lord can it not?

You do not walk with God and you are not even close to him.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7613 Apr 26, 2013
In fact you are disobedient to the commandments of Jesus the Christ and the word of God.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7614 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The devil can be your Lord can it not?
You do not walk with God and you are not even close to him.
The devil is not my Lord, and you know I am close to him...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7615 Apr 26, 2013
In fact you are disobedient to the commandments of Jesus the Christ and the word of God.
not true, and you know it...

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#7616 Apr 26, 2013
You are a tool of the anti-Christ.

A. True

B. False
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7617 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil is not my Lord, and you know I am close to him...
Yes I know you are close to the devil. You do not obey God.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7618 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
not true, and you know it...
Are you calling me a liar?

yes or no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 4 min messianic114 3,114
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 6 min Gillette 694
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr Hell-Sucks 1,006
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr Laci Ann 7 565
Proof of miracles. 1 hr Jake999 148
I don't understand 1 hr Hardcore 34
Do You Support Military Action Against ISIS 2 hr Strel 134
•••

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE