Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#7558 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"delusional about my experience and I wasn't having a mental breakdown."
you obviously didn't watch the presentation on TED by the scientist....like you would know if you had a mental breakdown...another mental giant....
your ghost stories are best saved for the flying saucer and ghost clubs..
I'm sorry that you feel that way about it.
Just so you know my interactions with you was not to demean you or go holy hell on you like I'm sure that you're use to.
You believe that science can prove everything and anything that science can not prove is not real and I can respect that.
I understand your take on religion and though I believe there is a lot that you seem to not understand about it other than what you allow yourself to know,however I'm sure you have your own personal reasons for attacking religious people,especially Christians and their beliefs and so I leave you to it.

Location hidden

#7560 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
when you can demonstrate one of your ghosts or anything else you think you are seeing, we will take you seriously....the mental hospitals are filled with visionary mental giants...all see or have seen many bizarre things....the mental hospital is the right place for them...they all insist they are not sick and really saw those things...
there are many things science can not explain, but jumping on the supernatural bandwagon is not the solution....science will explain everything as technology advances and we explore/learn more..takes time and money......
I'm not asking you to take me serious nor do I expect you to.
Here is my thoughts and I'm sticking to it like I expect you would with yours.
I do believe in ghosts,I don't believe in space aliens or giant lizards that are tall as the Eiffel tower yet I believe that the raptors and the mammoths existed.
I believe that there is not a single person on this Earth living that understands the Bible from cover to cover completely nor do I believe that science can solve and explain everything.
You can't believe everything that every person says that wears a lab coat and has a PhD nor can you go along with everything a person that carries around a Bible and quotes scriptures says either.
You have to use your own judgment and walk your own path,no one else can walk your path for you.
Also,there is a country song that really says it all...

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#7561 Apr 25, 2013
Hardie-Har-Har wrote:
<quoted text>
TOUCHÉ, Janeebee!
Like a Jackass is a Jackass all the time,
but only a stubborn jackass sometimes.
But since he's "stupid all of the time" then that's apropos too!
Harr!
H-H-H: "TOUCHÉ, Janeebee!"

Thank-you for the positive feedback.
And while I appreciate your complimentary acknowledment, please know that I replied to your comment simply for the enjoyment of conversing with you, not to score a competitive hit.
xo

Chicago, IL

#7562 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
God is, at times, unjust.
When God is merciful he is unjust. It is impossible to deliver justice AND mercy at the same time, by definition.
Mercy occurs when a punishment is meted out that is LESS THAN what justice calls for.
So, if you define God as always just and sometimes merciful, then you're defining a God that cannot possibly exist. Like a five-sided square.
As usual, you continue to proclaim that your God exists, but again as usual I have demonstrated that your God is an impossibility and therefore does not exist.
God is ALWAYS merciful and ALWAYS just.
His mercifulness and justness are perfect and constant.
His mercy is demonstrated in His compassionate understanding.
His justness is demonstrated in His merciful judgment.
God is a just and merciful judge.
His judgment is merciful and His mercy is justified.
His justice takes everything into account and is fair and right in every separate case, rendering to each one that which is their due.

Location hidden

#7565 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
scientific method relies on verification from independent sources...no on relies on any single lab coat or PhD...when NASA proved the BIg bang several years ago, their data was published and verified by independent sources world wide....you are obviously ignorant of how science and scientists operate..
you believe in ghosts?...bwhahahahah....good for you...fortunately I don't operate on beliefs....I function on what I can demonstrate and prove via the scientific method....there is a solid reason you can't prove or demonstrate anything....YOU CAN'T DEMO A FANTASY OR DELUSION...you obviously have mental issues...seek some medical help....scary to think with your visions you sit behind a steering wheel and risk other people's lives...
Believe what you want,there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but word of advice,don't assume anything about others because when you assume in your attempt to make an ass out me you will always end up making an ass out of yourself.
Now,I don't know what your problem with me is about that you feel the need to run me down like you did.
All I ever done was shared my experience with encounters of the paranormal,I am aware that those like you are skeptic about that and I respect that.
I'm not trying to make you believe anything that you do not want to believe.
I am not one of those fundies and I believe that is what you are assuming about me but feel free free to believe or not to believe what you want.
Fremont Rose

Pioneer, CA

#7566 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
scientific method relies on verification from independent sources...no on relies on any single lab coat or PhD...when NASA proved the BIg bang several years ago, their data was published and verified by independent sources world wide....you are obviously ignorant of how science and scientists operate..
you believe in ghosts?...bwhahahahah....good for you...fortunately I don't operate on beliefs....I function on what I can demonstrate and prove via the scientific method....there is a solid reason you can't prove or demonstrate anything....YOU CAN'T DEMO A FANTASY OR DELUSION...you obviously have mental issues...seek some medical help....scary to think with your visions you sit behind a steering wheel and risk other people's lives...
Why lie? The Big bang has never been proved.In fact, scientists not science have never proven even the seemingly obvious things.

I know that you do not deal in facts or truth, but here is some.

It is often said that proof is for alcohol and mathematics, as these are really the only areas where proof has any real meaning. "Proof" is something that the opponents of science are always clamouring for, yet is not actually something that science suggests it will give - specifically in the common sense definition of "proof" that suggests that a claim has been proven 100%.
Surprisingly to some, science does not deal in proof, in spite of the word being associated with science a whole lot more than perhaps it should be. Scientists will throw around phrases like "we've just proved our theory" when they should know better, but this can be excusable human nature. With some theories its very difficult to not think of them as proven, Newton's laws of motion, for instance, which have always and will always describe objects within the limits of those theories. Science as a method, however, deals not in proof but in evidence, and perhaps disproof when the evidence contradicts a hypothesis.
For example, finding a fingerprint at the scene of a crime may be construed by most people as proof that the owner of the fingerprint was, at some stage, at that location. Science would say that the fingerprint is evidence that somehow a means of leaving that fingerprint was at that location. More evidence can be collected that shows a person was there at the right time, or perhaps some evidence is shown that they weren't there. It is up to someone working in the world of science to put together a hypothesis which is consistent with this evidence when taken together. A scientist hasn't strictly proved anything by putting together this hypothesis, but they have constructed a realistic scenario based on their available evidence.

Location hidden

#7567 Apr 26, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
God is ALWAYS merciful and ALWAYS just.
It is impossible to be ALWAYS merciful and ALWAYS just.

The definitions of "justice" and "mercy" make that very clear.

To be just, one has to mete out precisely the punishment that the crime calls for.

To be merciful, one has to mete out LESS THAN the punishment that the crime calls for.

For example, if you got a speeding ticket and the fine was $100, then the just thing for the judge to do would be to fine you $100.

However, if the judge shows mercy (first offense, etc.) then you would pay less than $100 or no fee at all.

It is impossible in that example for the judge to charge you $100 and also less than $100 at the same time.

Mercy and justice are mutually exclusive. It is impossible to be always just and always merciful.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#7570 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was a scientific Pantheist...same as me....Universe is god...proven and demonstrated...no argument there...
http://www.pantheism.net/paul/index.htm
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being. " - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner, Jr., September 28, 1949

Location hidden

#7572 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
as I explained to you, I don't operate on beliefs...and stop with your cute sayings...dolts refer to those when they get trapped in your idiocy and are unable to substantiate their assertions....
not a single person has ever proved or demonstrated any ghosts, or any paranormal for that matter....it has been investigated many times and everyone has been exposed as a fraud....you want to keep believing nonsense, go for it....you are obviously dealing with some mental issues...
Believe what you want,walk your own path as for me,I don't have any mental issues,you don't know me that well enough nor anyone else to draw personal conclusions on the internet of whom you don't personally know.
I may have a bad attitude from time to time and that's normal because everybody gets into a bad attitude and then they snap out of it or cool off,no big deal for as long as you don't break the law.

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#7574 Apr 26, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want,walk your own path as for me,I don't have any mental issues,you don't know me that well enough nor anyone else to draw personal conclusions on the internet of whom you don't personally know.
I may have a bad attitude from time to time and that's normal because everybody gets into a bad attitude and then they snap out of it or cool off,no big deal for as long as you don't break the law.
Organized religion is the only socially acceptable mental illness and you sir, are in stage 4.

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#7575 Apr 26, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
when you start believing the impossible and claiming you have supernatural experiences, you have issues. If I proclaimed I was abducted by martians or can levitate object or see the future, you would say I am a mental case, and rightfully so...there is a reason you can't prove or demonstrate jack $-hit....
Luv right back at ya. I like what you're doing and don't intend to interrupt. Carry on.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#7579 Apr 26, 2013
Anyone can say they are born again, there lifestyle and the words they use and how they treat others will tell the truth about there life...AMEN

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7580 Apr 26, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
Organized religion is the only socially acceptable mental illness and you sir, are in stage 4.
Well lookie' here, what do we have? lol

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#7581 Apr 26, 2013
There is only one way to Heaven and that way is through Jesus Christ the only Son Of the living God FACT!! There is a born fact, if Jesus isn't in your life "you will not make it Heaven FACT"!!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7582 Apr 26, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Anyone can say they are born again, there lifestyle and the words they use and how they treat others will tell the truth about there life...AMEN
amen!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7584 Apr 26, 2013
Numbers 11:23

* This is for all eyes to see...

“Is the LORD’S power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not."

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#7585 Apr 26, 2013
Numbers 11:23 and what it means.....

How strong is God? It is easy to trust God when we see his mighty acts (the Israelites saw many), but after a while, in the routine of daily life, his strength may appear to diminish. God doesn't change, but our view of him often does. The monotony of day-by-day living lulls us into forgetting how powerful God can be. As Moses learned, God's strength is always available....

Chicago, IL

#7586 Apr 26, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible to be ALWAYS merciful and ALWAYS just.
The definitions of "justice" and "mercy" make that very clear.
To be just, one has to mete out precisely the punishment that the crime calls for.
To be merciful, one has to mete out LESS THAN the punishment that the crime calls for.
For example, if you got a speeding ticket and the fine was $100, then the just thing for the judge to do would be to fine you $100.
However, if the judge shows mercy (first offense, etc.) then you would pay less than $100 or no fee at all.
It is impossible in that example for the judge to charge you $100 and also less than $100 at the same time.
Mercy and justice are mutually exclusive. It is impossible to be always just and always merciful.
HE: "To be just, one has to mete out precisely the punishment that the crime calls for.
To be merciful, one has to mete out LESS THAN the punishment that the crime calls for."

To be just, is to determine, and mete out the punishment proportionate to the crime.
To be merciful is to mitigate a punishment, to lessen the severity or harshness of the punishment being meted out, to make it proportionate to the crime in particular individuals' cases .

HE: "... if you got a speeding ticket and the fine was $100, then the just thing for the judge to do would be to fine you $100."

If fines for offenses were pre-set and mandatory, it would not only be unjust, there'd be no need for judges.
EVERYONE who got a speeding ticket would HAVE TO pay the $100 fine - whether they'd been speeding 7 miles over the speed limit, or 40; whether they were rushing an injured child to the emergency room, or they habitually did 95 mph to get where they're going faster - the same penalty would still be imposed on all of them.
Without mercy, there would be no justice. It would not be just, were it unmerciful. Nothing unmerciful is just.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#7588 Apr 26, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Numbers 11:23 and what it means.....
How strong is God? It is easy to trust God when we see his mighty acts (the Israelites saw many), but after a while, in the routine of daily life, his strength may appear to diminish. God doesn't change, but our view of him often does. The monotony of day-by-day living lulls us into forgetting how powerful God can be. As Moses learned, God's strength is always available....
This is why I have my 'Quiet Time-Hour of Power' with him every morning... so he is not second...:)
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7589 Apr 26, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I have my 'Quiet Time-Hour of Power' with him every morning... so he is not second...:)
Mark, Chapter 7
6: He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7: Howbeit in vain do they worship me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATHEISM: a cold and empty belief 3 min dadmans abode 38
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 11 min Kalzyturk 3,388
Proof of God 19 min Big Al 314
Faith vs Rationality 19 min Pastor LDM 130
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr janeebee 15,452
WORD FROM GOD to TV CHRISTIAN - JOEL OSTEEN 1 hr dadmans abode 3
Y European Christians want to impose their Semi... 1 hr God the son 12

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE