Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#7535 Apr 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be saved if you don't know what you're being saved from?
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
How can you believe in a God who cannot possibly exist, as your posts all show?
Fremont Rose

San Jose, CA

#7536 Apr 25, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
The more wicked a person is, the more painful their punishment will be?
By God! And you believe that? How very wicked of you.
So, are you saying that Hitler should have a lesser punishment than you, because you are more evil or because he is more evil?

No, not by God, He is My God and I am His child.
Fremont Rose

San Jose, CA

#7537 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize and my admission that I cannot prove a single claim I have made.
Well, what do you expect. You make self serving and outlandish claims out of your fear.
Fremont Rose

San Jose, CA

#7538 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in a God who cannot possibly exist, as your posts all show?
How can you believe your mom exists when you cannot possibly prove she loves you, as your posts all prove?
Fremont Rose

San Jose, CA

#7539 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
God is, at times, unjust.
When God is merciful he is unjust. It is impossible to deliver justice AND mercy at the same time, by definition.
Mercy occurs when a punishment is meted out that is LESS THAN what justice calls for.
So, if you define God as always just and sometimes merciful, then you're defining a God that cannot possibly exist. Like a five-sided square.
As usual, you continue to proclaim that your God exists, but again as usual I have demonstrated that your God is an impossibility and therefore does not exist.
By your post, you have proven that God exists, because He is merciful and He is just.

You see, He will show His mercy by punishing you to hell. Mercy has nothing to do with than what is just. For instance, the death sentence is a punishment, but mercy is in not chopping their head off slowly and torturing them.

You have proven that gays are all mentally ill.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#7541 Apr 25, 2013
Every word that comes out of your mouth should be to glorify God. If your words is to attack Gods Children or anyone without love in those words, then Satan is controlling your life. The power of the "TONGUE" can put you into Heaven or hell, it all depends on how you use your "TONGUE" toward others!!

Location hidden

#7542 Apr 25, 2013
Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>How can you believe your mom exists when you cannot possibly prove she loves you, as your posts all prove?
I have her DNA, you idiot.

Location hidden

#7543 Apr 25, 2013
Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>By your post, you have proven that God exists, because He is merciful and He is just.
You see, He will show His mercy by punishing you to hell. Mercy has nothing to do with than what is just. For instance, the death sentence is a punishment, but mercy is in not chopping their head off slowly and torturing them.
You have proven that gays are all mentally ill.
First of all, you hateful idiotic bigot, I'm not gay.

Second, someone who is in favor of gay rights is automatically gay, just as someone who is an advocate of women's rights is not automatically a woman.

Third, you're an idiot and a hateful bigot.

Fourth, what I stated is absolutely true: it is impossible to always be just AND sometimes show mercy when determining the punishment for a crime. Mercy is not justice, it's an abrogation of justice. A merciful sentence is LESS punitive than a just sentence. If justice calls for a five-year prison term for stealing, and the judge gives the convicted person a three-year sentence instead, then the judge showed MERCY, and JUSTICE wasn't served. An intelligent person would comprehend that. You don't comprehend it, which means you're an idiot.

Fifth, just because I stated that your God cannot be always just yet sometimes merciful does NOT prove he exists. I could state that Harry Potter's eyes are blue - does that mean I proved he exists? What a idiotic conclusion you've reached!

And sixth, you're an idiot and a hateful bigot.

Location hidden

#7544 Apr 25, 2013
Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Well, what do you expect. You make self serving and outlandish claims out of your fear.
Typical cowardly fundie Christard - you have to alter my posts to comment on them.

That's a form of fraud, you idiot. It's a type of lying. You clearly don't really believe your God exists, because if you did you would believe that he saw you change my post. He would have seen you lie and distort and commit fraud.

So it's YOU who have proved that your God cannot possibly exist, because you are clearly unafraid to lie and commit fraud and risk his wrath.

You are an abhorrent and wretched person. You use the Christian faith, or at least what you can cherry-pick from it, to justify your evil thoughts and the judgments you pass on others.

I will grant you one thing: hell exists. I know that for a fact because you are obviously living in one of your own making.

“honestly politically incorrect”

Location hidden

#7545 Apr 25, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Every word that comes out of your mouth should be to glorify God. If your words is to attack Gods Children or anyone without love in those words, then Satan is controlling your life. The power of the "TONGUE" can put you into Heaven or hell, it all depends on how you use your "TONGUE" toward others!!
...and what of the words that comes out of your mouth and what you post on topix?
It states in the Bible that the Lord says "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm."
You,dollarsbill and the others on here are no prophet nor are you anointed by God.
There is a big difference in those who are truly anointed by God and those,like you and others on here,who anoints oneself and each other of which God had nothing to do with it.
That is why they are coming against you because they can see right through you all and I'm glad that you and dollarsbill are getting your asses handed to you every time you come on here and post your gloom and doom and Christian misconduct and I hope they continue to keep whooping that ass of yours each and every time because if gloom and doom and hatefulness is all you have to offer in advocating Christianity then its no wonder why they refuse to listen and continue on to disrespect Christianity because folks like you don't have the right temperament when it comes to spreading the good news to the world.

Location hidden

#7546 Apr 25, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what of the words that comes out of your mouth and what you post on topix?
It states in the Bible that the Lord says "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm."
You,dollarsbill and the others on here are no prophet nor are you anointed by God.
There is a big difference in those who are truly anointed by God and those,like you and others on here,who anoints oneself and each other of which God had nothing to do with it.
That is why they are coming against you because they can see right through you all and I'm glad that you and dollarsbill are getting your asses handed to you every time you come on here and post your gloom and doom and Christian misconduct and I hope they continue to keep whooping that ass of yours each and every time because if gloom and doom and hatefulness is all you have to offer in advocating Christianity then its no wonder why they refuse to listen and continue on to disrespect Christianity because folks like you don't have the right temperament when it comes to spreading the good news to the world.
Although you and I disagree on the existence of God, I certainly agree with you about self-anointed faux Christians such as dollarsbill.

I cannot conceive of a being of pure love that would revel in the destruction of its own creation, and I have zero tolerance for those who glorify in the childish revenge fantasy that the book of Revelation depicts to those who take it literally.

I know many Christians, and people of other faiths, who are humanists. Most of the time I don't even refer to myself as an atheist, because that term is almost meaningless.(I always get questions such as, "So, you have no theistic beliefs? Okay, then how do you align your moral compass? Form where do you derive your values? Where does your compassion come from? How do you make sense of life?")

Humanism, in my opinion, offers the best path for human understanding and coping with life on Earth as well as making sense of our physical and material realm.

Beyond that is anyone's guess, and that "beyond" - not the here and now - is the proper purview of religious thought.

Location hidden

#7547 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Although you and I disagree on the existence of God, I certainly agree with you about self-anointed faux Christians such as dollarsbill.
I cannot conceive of a being of pure love that would revel in the destruction of its own creation, and I have zero tolerance for those who glorify in the childish revenge fantasy that the book of Revelation depicts to those who take it literally.
I know many Christians, and people of other faiths, who are humanists. Most of the time I don't even refer to myself as an atheist, because that term is almost meaningless.(I always get questions such as, "So, you have no theistic beliefs? Okay, then how do you align your moral compass? Form where do you derive your values? Where does your compassion come from? How do you make sense of life?")
Humanism, in my opinion, offers the best path for human understanding and coping with life on Earth as well as making sense of our physical and material realm.
Beyond that is anyone's guess, and that "beyond" - not the here and now - is the proper purview of religious thought.
To be honest,I don't really know if God exist or not,I'm more leaning towards believing what the Deists believes that God does exist in evidence of reason and nature,that God created the world and all that is in it but has very little to no interest in it for neither good nor bad.
I know that sounds crazy but in a way it seems more logical than some others.
These gloom and doom fanatics are are by far the worst and the poorest advocators of Christianity that is ever known.
They are more concerned about striking fear into you about hell and judgment day than they do anything else.
When I read the Bible which starts in the first chapter of the first verse,it does not say,"In the beginning,God created Heaven and Earth and you all are going to hell to burn in the lake of fire." nor does it say in the last verse of Revelation,"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,Dee Snyder,You're Gonna Burn In Hell!"
If you go by preacherman and dollarsbill assessments then they would have you to believe it seems that every verse in the Bible either begins or ends with the mention of God's wrath and judgment then going to hell and burn in a lake of fire forever.
You don't even see them posting about Heaven,God's love and mercy,Jesus dying on the cross for our sins,about loving thy neighbor,forgiving those who trespass against you and a whole lot of other things that they fail to express or mention about that is aside from gloom & doom.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#7548 Apr 25, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest,I don't really know if God exist or not,I'm more leaning towards believing what the Deists believes that God does exist in evidence of reason and nature,that God created the world and all that is in it but has very little to no interest in it for neither good nor bad.
These gloom and doom fanatics are are by far the worst and the poorest advocators of Christianity that is ever known.
They are more concerned about striking fear into you about hell and judgment day than they do anything else.
When I read the Bible which starts in the first chapter of the first verse,it does not say,"In the beginning,God created Heaven and Earth and you all are going to hell to burn in the lake of fire." nor does it say in the last verse of Revelation,"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,Dee Snyder,You're Gonna Burn In Hell!"
If you go by preacherman and dollarsbill assessments then they would have you to believe it seems that every verse in the Bible either begins or ends with the mention of God's wrath and judgment then going to hell and burn in a lake of fire forever.
You don't even see them posting about Heaven,God's love and mercy,Jesus dying on the cross for our sins,about loving thy neighbor,forgiving those who trespass against you and a whole lot of other things that they fail to express or mention about that is aside from gloom & doom.
That's OK! The difference between you and the doom and gloom cult is that you're secure with yourself. Gloom and doom fundies are insecure with themselves and want control. There are some very nice Christians here as there are in other religions who accept people for who they are and not what their religious beliefs are.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#7549 Apr 25, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The Deist concept of “God” does not sound crazy at all. It is much more reasonable than the usual concept of a personal god. As Albert Einstein one of the greatest examples of the human ability to reason of all time said…

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

As an agnostic I do deny the existence of Zeus, Thor and all other gods to which human characteristics are ascribed but I cannot deny the possible existence of the Deist “God” as explained by the Father of the American Revolution and famous Deist Thomas Paine…

"The only idea man can affix to the name of God is that of a first cause, the cause of all things.”

And…

"I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness. I leave all these matters to Him, as my Creator and friend, and I hold it to be presumption in man to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter." - Thomas Paine

Location hidden

#7551 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"As an agnostic I do deny the existence of Zeus, Thor and all other gods to which human characteristics are ascribed but I cannot deny the possible existence of the Deist “God” as explained by the Father of the American Revolution and famous Deist Thomas Paine…"
existence based on what evidence?...opinions and beliefs don't translate to reality....an intellectual relies on credible evidence, demo or proof via the scientific method....a hypothesis is fine, but you need to back it up.... there is no supernatural..you cannot violate the laws of science...
and philosophy is not a science and proves nothing...
Everything does not have to be totally based on your reality nor anyone else's.
There will always be a time when you will have to go beyond that what you veer as reality and take that leap of faith.
There are many things that absolutely can not truly be explained by scientific means.
There is nothing wrong with believe in that which others do not but it becomes a problem when that belief is forced on others to believe and/or abide by even if you don't believe.
Now this is a non religious example,I truly believe and still will believe that I grew up in a haunted house.
I have seen things manifest itself before my eyes and then disappear,I don't recall hearing voices in the house but even when I did not see anything at times there would be times when I felt an eerie presence close by and very brief would I feel coldness and then everything returned to normal and it would be alright for a awhile maybe even longer and then sure enough I start seeing something that had manifested itself right in front of me and then disappear and/or I would get that same eerie cold feeling again very brief then it would go away.
I don't mind if you or anyone else doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever it was in that house,there were actually three of them.
Yet,I have gone over the skeptical reason and tried to figure out what might have caused it and so far nothing adds up,to this day I still can not explain what it was and why.
We have sold that house and moved out of it and since then I am hearing other people who has moved in there only to move out.
They too say it is haunted and some say they have heard voices,seen things appear then disappear and they too felt an eerie cold presence there and now I don't know if anyone is living in that house or not but I wouldn't doubt it if no one is living there,I sure as hell wouldn't move back in there and go thru all that over again.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#7553 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"As an agnostic I do deny the existence of Zeus, Thor and all other gods to which human characteristics are ascribed but I cannot deny the possible existence of the Deist “God” as explained by the Father of the American Revolution and famous Deist Thomas Paine…"
existence based on what evidence?...opinions and beliefs don't translate to reality....an intellectual relies on credible evidence, demo or proof via the scientific method....a hypothesis is fine, but you need to back it up.... there is no supernatural..you cannot violate the laws of science...
and philosophy is not a science and proves nothing...
That’s just it Thomas Paine’s “God” does not on require faith. It is simply based on logic and the law of cause and effect. Thomas Paine merely says…

“Since we know we did not create the creation or ourselves, yet we and the creation do exist, it is logical to believe that God, or an Eternal Cause or Creator created us.”

This may or may not be correct but it is a logical syllogism and does not ask for faith. Stephen Hawking said…

"So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be."

I think Albert Einstein (self- proclaimed agnostic) and Thomas Paine were on the same page in relation to a concept of “God”.

“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.”- Albert Einstein

Location hidden

#7554 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"There are many things that absolutely can not truly be explained by scientific means"
bull$-hit....your fantasies and delusions are explained by your mental breakdown ..watch this video presentation from TED where a real scientist explain how the brain and stroke she suffered can deceive someone into seeing bizarre things....
http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_...
Well,that is your perspective and I respect that and there was nothing fantasy or delusional about my experience and I wasn't having a mental breakdown.
I'm sure there are many things that can happen to a person that can cause a person to see things like exposed to chemicals,taking drugs or stress but I was never exposed to any drugs or chemicals during that time nor was I under any kind of stress.
What I saw didn't have red eyes glowing or huge bat wings and horns.
None of that stuff in scary movies was going on in the house.
It was just simple manifestation of that of a woman,then a tall slim man and then a small child around about estimate 8-9 yrs. of age and sometimes,like I said,there would be an eerie cold feeling then it would disappear.
I wish I was making this up,I wish I could believe that it was a mental breakdown because I can understand that.
However,I do respect your skepticism about it,not everybody believes in ghosts or spirits and that's very understandable.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#7557 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was a scientific Pantheist...same as me....Universe is god...proven and demonstrated...no argument there...
http://www.pantheism.net/paul/index.htm
I agree! Sure beats all that belief in mythical stuff. It does make for some good stories though.

Location hidden

#7558 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"delusional about my experience and I wasn't having a mental breakdown."
you obviously didn't watch the presentation on TED by the scientist....like you would know if you had a mental breakdown...another mental giant....
your ghost stories are best saved for the flying saucer and ghost clubs..
I'm sorry that you feel that way about it.
Just so you know my interactions with you was not to demean you or go holy hell on you like I'm sure that you're use to.
You believe that science can prove everything and anything that science can not prove is not real and I can respect that.
I understand your take on religion and though I believe there is a lot that you seem to not understand about it other than what you allow yourself to know,however I'm sure you have your own personal reasons for attacking religious people,especially Christians and their beliefs and so I leave you to it.

Location hidden

#7560 Apr 25, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
when you can demonstrate one of your ghosts or anything else you think you are seeing, we will take you seriously....the mental hospitals are filled with visionary mental giants...all see or have seen many bizarre things....the mental hospital is the right place for them...they all insist they are not sick and really saw those things...
there are many things science can not explain, but jumping on the supernatural bandwagon is not the solution....science will explain everything as technology advances and we explore/learn more..takes time and money......
I'm not asking you to take me serious nor do I expect you to.
Here is my thoughts and I'm sticking to it like I expect you would with yours.
I do believe in ghosts,I don't believe in space aliens or giant lizards that are tall as the Eiffel tower yet I believe that the raptors and the mammoths existed.
I believe that there is not a single person on this Earth living that understands the Bible from cover to cover completely nor do I believe that science can solve and explain everything.
You can't believe everything that every person says that wears a lab coat and has a PhD nor can you go along with everything a person that carries around a Bible and quotes scriptures says either.
You have to use your own judgment and walk your own path,no one else can walk your path for you.
Also,there is a country song that really says it all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul - scholar or ignoramus? 4 min Franco 100
The Nativity Story 14 min The Tongue 327
gen 49: 27 17 min Armand 943
Intelligent People Question Everything 38 min truth 1,222
Not Even Remotely Historic 2 hr DESIGNED 25
Is the Antichrist a real person? 2 hr little lamb 3
Did you know Jesus was a MURDERER as a child? (Aug '07) 2 hr JESUS IS 173
Early Christianity 2 hr DESIGNED 406
More from around the web