Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6608 Mar 30, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It was men who wanted to commit sodomy with men. Now you know.
To use the Sodom story as evidence that the Bible condemns homosexuality is totally inaccurate. Even if the story were about lust, it is about rape, not homosexuality. The Sodomites were not “gay”. They were rapists.

The Bible condemns many things in the story of Sodom (lack of hospitality, humiliation of fellow human beings, brutality and violence toward others, pride, decadence, serious breech of human ethical obligations), but homosexuality is not one of them.

Ezekiel’s condemnation of Sodom bears this out.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

The prophet Amos also links Sodom with oppression of the poor, crushing the needy, and ethical wickedness.

“Hear this word, children of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, bring and let us drink.... I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.”(Amos 4)

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#6609 Mar 30, 2013
Sodomy: Anal or oral intercourse between human beings, or any sexual relations between a human being and an animal, the act of which may be punishable as a criminal offense.

The word sodomy acquired different meanings over time. Under the Common Law, sodomy consisted of anal intercourse. Traditionally courts and statutes referred to it as a "crime against nature" or as copulation "against the order of nature." In the United States, the term eventually encompassed oral sex as well as anal sex. The crime of sodomy was classified as a felony.

Because homosexual activity involves anal and oral sex, gay men were the primary target of sodomy laws. Culturally and historically, homosexual activity was seen as unnatural or perverse. The term sodomy refers to the homosexual activities of men in the story of the city of Sodom in the Bible. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their residents' immorality became a central part of Western attitudes toward forms of non-procreative sexual activity and same-sex relations.

Beginning with Illinois in 1961, state legislatures reexamined their sodomy statutes. Twenty-seven states repealed these laws, usually as a part of a general revision of the criminal code and with the recognition that heterosexuals engage in oral and anal sex. In addition, state courts in 10 states applied state constitutional provisions to invalidate sodomy laws. As of early 2003, eight states had laws that barred heterosexual and homosexual sodomy. Three other states barred sodomy between homosexuals.

In Bowers v. Hardwick, 478 U.S. 186, 106 S. Ct. 2841, 92 L. Ed. 2d 140 (1986), the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Georgia sodomy statute. Michael Hardwick was arrested and charged with sodomy for engaging in oral sex with a consenting male adult in his home. A police officer was let into Hardwick's home to serve a warrant and saw the sexual act. Although the state prosecutor declined to prosecute the case, Hardwick brought suit in federal court asking that the statute be declared unconstitutional.

On a 5–4 vote, the Court upheld the law. Writing for the majority, Justice byron r. white rejected the argument that previous decisions such as the Court's rulings on Abortion and contraception had created a right of privacy that extended to homosexual sodomy. Instead, the Court drew a sharp distinction between the previous cases, which involved "family, marriage, or procreation," and homosexual activity.

The Court also rejected the argument that there is a fundamental right to engage in homosexual activity. Prohibitions against sodomy were in the laws of most states since the nation's founding. To the argument that homosexual activity should be protected when it occurs in the privacy of a home, White stated that "otherwise illegal conduct is not always immunized whenever it occurs in the home." Because the claim in the case involved only homosexual sodomy, the Court expressed no opinion about the constitutionality of the statute as applied to acts of heterosexual sodomy.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6610 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite. Not all the sin was of rape. That was just one example. If you researched it you would find much more than that.
I never said it was. But to say that God destroyed Sodom because of homosexuality it totally inaccurate.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6611 Mar 30, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bill, do you enjoy oral sex with your wife or girlfriend??
"God gave them up to VILE affections" "men with men"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6613 Mar 30, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
To use the Sodom story as evidence that the Bible condemns homosexuality is totally inaccurate.
1 Corinthians 6:9
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

(NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6616 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Bill is GAY.. she does NOT have.. oh wait a minute...
Thank you Jesus for revealing this lost soul's heart filled with lies.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6617 Mar 30, 2013
QUESTION: What does the Bible say is the root of all evil?
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6620 Mar 30, 2013
For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray {and} have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many acute [mental] pangs.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6621 Mar 30, 2013
2 Timothy 3:1-5

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful,

proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control,

brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited,

lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—

having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Have nothing to do with such people.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6622 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Whos lying.. you are gay!
You are.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6623 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>dollarsbill's BS.
Why did you use my name? Jealousy?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6625 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on billie jean. Come up with something that's not so sophomoric!
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6627 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>are ya 'cherry picking' again? Use COMPLETE quotes, not partials ya lazy cheapo.
Ok

Romans 1 "men with men"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6629 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>nope. incomplete. try again.
Ok "God gave them up to VILE affections"

Romans 1

"men with men"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6631 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>nope. incomplete. try again.
You want me to cite the entire Bible? Ok I'll try.

Leviticus 20:13 (NKJV)
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6633 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait.. christians do NOT live by the old testament remember? Do you camp outside while you are menstruating?
Wherever you go your Biblical illiteracy follows you.

You follow me like a puppy and worship my name. LOL

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#6635 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait.. christians do NOT live by the old testament remember? Do you camp outside while you are menstruating?
I agree about the laws to the Jews of the time that are not carried over to the New Covenant. Some are though. This would be an example of that.

Romans 1:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Cor. 6:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Jude 1:

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

What unbelievers and others chose to do that is legal is their life to live and not for me to judge. Changing the Word of God to accommodate sin or for any other reason is quite another. Unless one believes in the Word of God then it shouldn't matter to those that do not follow it anyway. Right??

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#6637 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Do you stay outside while menstruating? well? I love how you dodge questions!
I don't "menstruate". Your ignorant question noted.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#6639 Mar 30, 2013
cheapdollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait.. Christians do NOT live by the old testament remember? Do you camp outside while you are menstruating?
FALSE, Anyone who is a true Christian person should live by all the Bible OT/NT. The Bible does say that Jesus come to fulfill the law not to do away with it! There is no place in the Bible that say we are to live by the NT only!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6640 Mar 30, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>FALSE, Anyone who is a true Christian person should live by all the Bible OT/NT. The Bible does say that Jesus come to fulfill the law not to do away with it! There is no place in the Bible that say we are to live by the NT only!!
How many livestock did your wife cost ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 4 hr Natalie 1,403
There is a National Rejection of God in America!! 7 hr Taranis 79
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 7 hr RiccardoFire 2,702
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 10 hr Natalie 401
jesus will never return 14 hr Natalie 160
"The love of many shall wax cold." It's REAL m... Thu Seentheotherside 9
breath of god, and how we come to light. Thu Seentheotherside 241
More from around the web