Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

The reason for not securing Our Borders...

Biometric National ID Card could be mandated on all American workers

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039683_biometrics_...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
The reason for not securing Our Borders...
Biometric National ID Card could be mandated on all American workers
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039683_biometrics_...
If it weren't for bunk, you'd have nothing to post at all.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Happy Good Friday!!

Celebrating Good Friday means you understand the crux of Christianity. Good Friday is good because that is the day that we celebrate and honor the fact that Jesus Christ chose to die for us.

28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

19:19-30 Here are some remarkable circumstances of Jesus' death, more fully related than before. Pilate would not gratify the chief priests by allowing the writing to be altered; which was doubtless owing to a secret power of God upon his heart, that this statement of our Lord's character and authority might continue. Many things done by the Roman soldiers were fulfilments of the prophecies of the Old Testament. All things therein written shall be fulfilled.

Christ tenderly provided for his mother at his death. Sometimes, when God removes one comfort from us, he raises up another for us, where we looked not for it. Christ's example teaches all men to honour their parents in life and death; to provide for their wants, and to promote their comfort by every means in their power.

Especially observe the dying word wherewith Jesus breathed out his soul. It is finished; that is, the counsels of the Father concerning his sufferings were now fulfilled. It is finished; all the types and prophecies of the Old Testament, which pointed at the sufferings of the Messiah, were accomplished. It is finished; the ceremonial law is abolished; the substance is now come, and all the shadows are done away. It is finished; an end is made of transgression by bringing in an everlasting righteousness. His sufferings were now finished, both those of his soul, and those of his body. It is finished; the work of man's redemption and salvation is now completed. His life was not taken from him by force, but freely given up.

http://mhc.biblecommenter.com/john/19.htm

>^o^<

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

God says there have been many witnesses already extant in the world. For instance, let us look in Colossians the first chapter and read about a witness the apostle Paul discusses:

"If indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under Heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minster." (Colossians 1:23, NKJV)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did your "god" make you that way?
Ignorant question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument from me on that!
That you're a liar? Amen!
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

QUESTION:Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

Genesis 18:20-21

"Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin is very grave, I will go down to see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry that has come to me. And if not, I will know."

Because of their wickedness people were crying out. What did they do that was so wicked?

Ezekiel 16:49

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

ANSWER: God destroyed Sodom on behalf of the oppressed. Sodom's prosperity had caused them to grow prideful and neglect the poor and needy.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

QUESTION: WHAT DID JESUS SAY ABOUT HELPING THE POOR AND NEEDY?

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him,“If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer them,‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him,“When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Luke 12:33-34 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

QUESTION: WHAT DOES THE OLD TESTAMENT SAY ABOUT HELPING THE POOR AND NEEDY?

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say,‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you,‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 “At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

Leviticus 19:9-10 “When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

Isaiah 1:16-17 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Psalm 41:1 To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him;

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 22:9 Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

Proverbs 29:7 A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.

Proverbs 28:27 Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

QUESTION: WHAT DOES THE NEW TESTAMENT SAY ABOUT HELPING THE POOR AND NEEDY?

Acts 20:35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said,‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

1 John 3:17 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them,“Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

1 Timothy 6:17 As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

Acts 2:44-45 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.

Acts 4:32-35 Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common. And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
The were Sodomites, like gays.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

QUESTION:

If God destroyed Sodom on behalf of the oppressed,

because Sodom's prosperity had caused them to grow

prideful and neglect the poor and needy....

Will God spare America,

when it is guilty of the same sin?

HAPPY EASTER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
QUESTION:
If God destroyed Sodom on behalf of the oppressed,
Your question is Biblically illiterate. I.E. ignorant.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
Genesis 18:20-21
That's part of it, but not all of it.

Question: "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?"

Answer: The biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is recorded in Genesis chapters 18-19. Genesis chapter 18 records the Lord and two angels coming to speak with Abraham. The Lord informed Abraham that "the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous." Verses 22-33 record Abraham pleading with the Lord to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his family lived in Sodom.

Genesis chapter 19 records the two angels, disguised as human men, visiting Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot met the angels in the city square and urged them to stay at his house. The angels agreed. The Bible then informs us, "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot,'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'" The angels then proceed to blind all the men of Sodom and Gomorrah and urge Lot and his family to flee from the cities to escape the wrath that God was about to deliver. Lot and his family flee the city, and then "the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah — from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities..."

In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 declares, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..." The Hebrew word translated "detestable" refers to something that is morally disgusting and is the exact same word used in Leviticus 18:22 that refers to homosexuality as an "abomination." Similarly, Jude 7 declares, "...Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion." So, again, while homosexuality was not the only sin in which the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah indulged, it does appear to be the primary reason for the destruction of the cities.

Those who attempt to explain away the biblical condemnations of homosexuality claim that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah were certainly being inhospitable. There is probably nothing more inhospitable than homosexual gang rape. But to say God completely destroyed two cities and all their inhabitants for being inhospitable clearly misses the point. While Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of many other horrendous sins, homosexuality was the reason God poured fiery sulfur on the cities, completely destroying them and all of their inhabitants. To this day, the area where Sodom and Gomorrah were located remains a desolate wasteland. Sodom and Gomorrah serve as a powerful example of how God feels about sin in general, and homosexuality specifically.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Sodom-and-Gomorra...
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The were Sodomites, like gays.
To say the cities were destroyed because of homosexuality or because of sexual immorality shows blatant ignorance of scripture. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because the people had become terribly evil and had totally turned away from God. They had forsaken Him completely.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
To say the cities were destroyed because of homosexuality or because of sexual immorality shows blatant ignorance of scripture. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because the people had become terribly evil and had totally turned away from God. They had forsaken Him completely.
Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
You don't know what sodomy is? Willful ignorance won't be accepted on Judgment Day.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
That's part of it, but not all of it.....
Do you understand the difference between consensual sex and rape?

God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality or because of sexual immorality. He destroyed them because the people had become had become terribly evil.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful ignorance won't be accepted on Judgment Day.
Well, then there is no hope for you, bill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference between consensual sex and rape?
God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality or because of sexual immorality. He destroyed them because the people had become had become terribly evil.
It was men who wanted to commit sodomy with men. Now you know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then there is no hope for you, bill.
Your Biblically illiterate opinion noted and rejected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 4 min Gary Coaldigger 1,339
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 min buck 10,563
A Message from Nettie 7 min loveismygoal 862
What do you think about Dollarsbill? 4 hr suomynona 4
jebus crise the christian 4 hr suomynona 5
About Dollarsbill .... 7 hr joe 7 52
Religion and the New World Order (Feb '12) 7 hr Anita in Tongzhou 11
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 9 hr stupid is not a disease 236
•••