Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6437 Mar 26, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I was going by your comment 6411, are you talking to me also or other wise? If you aren't talking to me then, I am sorry please forgive me....
I posted the scripture but never mentioned your church. If you felt convicted it was the Holy Spirit, not me.

If you are teaching people things that are not scriptural (like a guaranteed 30-60-100 fold return on offerings) then you are twisting scripture to manipulate and control people in order to get their money.

The 30-60-100 fold return has nothing to do with money. But you should know this. And if you know it, but teach it anyway, you are a liar and a thief.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#6439 Mar 27, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the scripture but never mentioned your church. If you felt convicted it was the Holy Spirit, not me.
If you are teaching people things that are not scriptural (like a guaranteed 30-60-100 fold return on offerings) then you are twisting scripture to manipulate and control people in order to get their money.
The 30-60-100 fold return has nothing to do with money. But you should know this. And if you know it, but teach it anyway, you are a liar and a thief.
Remember Benny Hinn? He preached that if you gave all your money to "God" aka Hinn, it would return tenfold or something. I had never heard of him when someone told me to do that and I would be set for life. I finally broke down and got one of his books and I couldn't even stomach my way through it.

>^o^<

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#6440 Mar 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> Does the RCC teach you to get on these threads and start trouble and make up lies and mock Gods Words??
No. The Catholic Church teaches me to pray for the wisdom to respond to halucinatory old farts who attack it.

God bless you.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6441 Mar 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Catholic Church teaches me to pray for the wisdom to respond to halucinatory old farts who attack it.
God bless you.
Who is your God? Don't know?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#6442 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is your God? Don't know?
The Lord GOD has given me a well trained tongue.
The Lord has opened my ears and I have not opposed Him.
I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
For the Lord GOD will help me;
Therefore I will not be confounded:
Therefore have I set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifieth me;
Who will contend with me?
Let us stand together: who is mine adversary?
Let him come near to me.
Behold, the Lord GOD will help me;
Who is he that shall condemn me?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6443 Mar 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord GOD has given me a well trained tongue.
The Lord has opened my ears and I have not opposed Him.
I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
For the Lord GOD will help me;
Therefore I will not be confounded:
Therefore have I set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifieth me;
Who will contend with me?
Let us stand together: who is mine adversary?
Let him come near to me.
Behold, the Lord GOD will help me;
Who is he that shall condemn me?
Ok, you don't know who your God is. Only that you created it to please yourself, like most Bible bashers.
15th Dalai Lama

Albuquerque, NM

#6444 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you don't know who your God is. Only that you created it to please yourself, like most Bible bashers.
I'm going to Mass now.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6445 Mar 27, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Benny Hinn? He preached that if you gave all your money to "God" aka Hinn, it would return tenfold or something. I had never heard of him when someone told me to do that and I would be set for life. I finally broke down and got one of his books and I couldn't even stomach my way through it.
>^o^<
I agree.

This so-called "Prosperity Gospel of health and wealth" that is rampant among independent Pentecostal and Charismatic “Word of Faith” churches and evangelists.

It's heresy taught by men who love this world and the things in it. They twist the Word of God and use it to manipulate and control others. These men are slaves to their flesh and are continually falling into sin. Their reward will be in the Lake of Fire.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#6446 Mar 27, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
This so-called "Prosperity Gospel of health and wealth" that is rampant among independent Pentecostal and Charismatic “Word of Faith” churches and evangelists.
It's heresy taught by men who love this world and the things in it. They twist the Word of God and use it to manipulate and control others. These men are slaves to their flesh and are continually falling into sin. Their reward will be in the Lake of Fire.
I really enjoy your posts. I don't think I've posted around until recently. I quickly notice those that share my particular beliefs, or come close, and I've found few on these forums. You're a breath of fresh air, and I do hope you continue posting here as I nearly left this forum it has become so contaminated. Perhaps there is hope yet.

>^o^<

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#6450 Mar 27, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
I never get convicted, I was wrong about your comment and for that I am sorry. The only thing I teach people is the Bible in truth, no man made lies. You don't read very good do you? I made a statement telling people we don't ask for money, never have and never will. If people want to give its up to them not any of the Pastor's!! Have you ever read the book of Malachi if not please read it, because it tell the story about how people is to give to the house of God!!

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#6451 Mar 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa, Benny needs lots of cash to do the Lords work. His private jet consumes a lot of fuel. White suits are not cheap, the dry cleaning alone could feed a few hundred children for a year. Not to forget 22 inch spinners for his Rolls, I mean really do you expect Benny to drive a Honda?
I actually had a woman email me about how her husband and her gave away all their savings, sold their vehicles and home and gave him the money. Then she claims they immediately got fabulous jobs, and brand new house, new vehicles, yadda, yadda .... you get the drift. Then she told me to do the same. I am a giver, but I will choose who I give to and they will be needy. Needless to say the baiting failed and I have a very strong feeling she was a Hinn salesperson. So sad.

There is a reason the Bible clearly states the rich would not enter heaven. There is a prime example. Jesus came for the poor and the meek.

Luke 3:

11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Matt. 25:

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

>^o^<

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#6453 Mar 27, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Catholic Church teaches me to pray for the wisdom to respond to hallucinatory old farts who attack it.
God bless you.
You must forgot 15th I was in the RCC for 6 years, and what you said in this comment is lies. I warn you before to stop your lies on these threads, God see all sonny and you will answer for it FACT!!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#6454 Mar 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>I never get convicted, I was wrong about your comment and for that I am sorry. The only thing I teach people is the Bible in truth, no man made lies. You don't read very good do you? I made a statement telling people we don't ask for money, never have and never will. If people want to give its up to them not any of the Pastor's!! Have you ever read the book of Malachi if not please read it, because it tell the story about how people is to give to the house of God!!
Hahahaha!!! You' really think you're slick, but you just proved you're a snake. Using the ole' Malachi babble to get the almighty dollar so you can say you didn't outright ask for it..........hahahahaha.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#6455 Mar 27, 2013
Gossip = Accountability, before you open your mouth think first, because it will cost you more than you think!!
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6456 Mar 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>I never get convicted, I was wrong about your comment and for that I am sorry. The only thing I teach people is the Bible in truth, no man made lies. You don't read very good do you? I made a statement telling people we don't ask for money, never have and never will. If people want to give its up to them not any of the Pastor's!! Have you ever read the book of Malachi if not please read it, because it tell the story about how people is to give to the house of God!!
I read fine. And I understand what I read.

You point me to Malachi ... so you teach tithing?

Let me guess. You tell people they must give ten percent of their income/increase to the local church if they want God to bless them? You appeal to their FEAR to get them to GIVE.

And we already know you teach that God will give them a 30-60-100 fold return on their giving. So you appeal to their GREED to get them to give even more.

But you don't ASK for money????

No, you just use God's Word to "convince" them to give you their money. If you are NOT convicted, it's because God has hardened your heart and you are perishing.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#6457 Mar 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> You must forgot 15th I was in the RCC for 6 years, and what you said in this comment is lies. I warn you before to stop your lies on these threads, God see all sonny and you will answer for it FACT!!
You were ignorant then and you are ignorant now.

You know what would by hysterical? if you turned off your spell checker.

God bless you.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6458 Mar 27, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!!! You' really think you're slick, but you just proved you're a snake. Using the ole' Malachi babble to get the almighty dollar so you can say you didn't outright ask for it..........hahahahaha.
LOL ... caught that did you. Good for you.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#6459 Mar 27, 2013
Benny Hinn and the rest of these Pastor's on TV our they doing what is Bible or not? Do we have a bunch of unlearning jealousy people on here, what is the real answer to this question. Let us read what God says about the mess we got here, turn your Bible to Malachi 3. I will be reading from the NIV Bible.....
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6460 Mar 27, 2013
Sowing guilt and shame into the Body of Christ by quoting Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask,`How do we rob you?' In tithes and offerings."

What devoted Christian wants to rob God?

The net effect of sowing guilt has been to extort money from the Body of Christ, thereby robbing the Body of the joy and blessing of giving as God leads.

The practice ignores Paul’s instructions to the church at Corinth: "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 )."
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6461 Mar 27, 2013
Blaming the "laity" for the financial troubles in the Body of Christ , by telling the Body they are not blessed by God because they do not tithe.

Often Malachi 3:10 is emphasized "Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

In so doing, believers are challenged to tithe, with the promise that God will bless them if they do.

Such giving is not out of love for God, but out of selfishness. It implies a reward for works, which contradicts Ephesians 2:8-9 , and completely ignores our status as sons of God by faith in Christ ( Galatians 3:26 ) and joint heirs of God with Christ ( Romans 8:17 ).

The practice also ignores Christ’s words in Matthew 4:7 "Do not put the Lord your God to the test".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jesus will never return 3 hr blacklagoon 3 481
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 5 hr blacklagoon 3 1,603
Our time is here, prophecy fulfilled! 5 hr blacklagoon 3 36
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? Sat ZDF 601
America is a constitutional republic, based on ... Fri Bloodflower 43
Gambler's Abyss: Deuteronomy Fri Bloodflower 2
>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK the PROPHET <<<<<<<<<<<< (Nov '13) Fri Bloodflower 25
More from around the web