Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

“It is well with my soul”

Since: Feb 10

Whereabouts in Jersey

#6113 Mar 22, 2013
anon7 wrote:
1 Timothy, chapter 2
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle,(I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
1 Corinthians, chapter 14
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Do you see all these women on Christian television claiming to be
preachers and pastors and bishops and
prophets and
evangelist
and
whatever else they claim?
And they do it all the while saying that the bible is the word of God.
Look up there and read in the bible what it says about them.
Do you read all the posts on all these christian web sites that these women that claim the bible is the word of God?
Yet there they are doing exactly as what is written in the bible said for them not to do.
THEY ARE NOT WOMEN OF GOD.
And these men that encourage them and tempt them and provoke them to disobey the word of God.
THEY WILL BE A PARTAKER OF THOSE SINS OF THESE DISOBEDIENT WOMEN ON THEIR DAY OF JUDGEMENT.
I disagree with you.

You do realize that Mary was the first recorded preacher of the NT Church, right? And that there are women prophets (aka prophetesses), apostles and evangelists mentioned in the bible - both OT and NT, right?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6114 Mar 22, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick with the Bible. We can't lose!
what makes you believe/opine that you can't lose?

Since: Oct 07

Bristol, UK

#6115 Mar 22, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You can count on it......never did even drink a beer in my life and I never been on drugs. They both destroy. So do I. I have seen the power of God change loose bound by their addictions.
Thats nice dear ....do you or have you ever drank coffee? do have take prescribed medication or have you ever took prescribed medications ? do you take sugar or have you ever took suger ? do you take crack cocaine or have you ever took crack cocaine ? and so on and so forth ..are you 100% certain you have never been on drugs? if so congratulations you are in the minority in the western world .
anon11

Tokyo, Japan

#6116 Mar 22, 2013
John, Chapter 6, 27: Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Will a child of God with the Spirit of God dwelling within them, labour for anything that does not endureth unto everlasting life?

Sports and Games.

No sports are of God and endureth unto eternal life.

Entertaining yourself by watching people play sports.

Not of God and does not endureth unto eternal life.

Video games.

Movies and tv shows that are fictional and make believe.

Laboring for money and gold and silver.

Laboring for anything of this world.

Listening to music that is not of God.

Anything make believe and fictional.

entertaining yourself with it in anyway.

Any entertainment of this world.

Houses - land - cars - clothes - food - jewelry - gold - entertainment - stocks - bonds etc etc etc

all things of this world

If the fire can burn it up...it is not

If anything you are doing in your day can not pass through the fire...

People who do not love God with all their heart are not going to give up everything of this world.

If you love God with all your heart, how could anything or anyone else have any part of it.

God would have it all to himself.

If you love God with all your heart then that would mean there is no part of your heart for no one else or anything else.

If you love God with all your heart with all your mind with all your soul and with all your strength

God will be the only thing in your life everyday.

Bristol, UK

#6119 Mar 22, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes you believe/opine that you can't lose?
past experiance ..I may fall down and crawl on skinned knees be battered and torn but God will pick me up brush me down show me my mistakes and what to learn from them just as he has done for years now and get me there in the end
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#6120 Mar 22, 2013
anon9 wrote:
Sin - Curses - Evil Spirits - Demons
The reason people have evil spirits upon them, is because of the evil they have done.
When you do evil,
you open the door for evil spirits to come into your life.
That is called being cursed.
Or having a curse upon you.
Anything that is not a blessing is a curse and anything that is not a curse is a blessing.
Doing any evil is a curse.
If you do any evil you are cursed.
And have a curse or curses upon your life.
For example
Sickness is a curse.
Depression is a curse.
Any addiction is a curse.
Stupidity is a curse.
Disobedience is a curse.
Rebellion is a curse.
Speaking idle words is a curse.
Acting silly and foolish is a curse.
Not honoring your parents is a curse.
Sin is a curse.
Entertaining yourself with evil and sin is a curse.
And for ever curse you have upon you there is a evil spirit that has a right to your life.
And that evil spirit is why you find yourself in the situations you are in when it all comes to the point that your fun in the evil you are doing or did becomes your nightmare.
And these curses can be passed on to your children and their children.
To the third and fourth generation.
That is all there is in life.
Good an evil. Blessings and curses.
Either it is a curse or either it is a blessing. Either it is good or either it is evil. Nothing else.
I see many people who think they are blessed but in actuality they are cursed. They do not know they are cursed. Their eyes are not opened, so they can not see it.
If God does not open your eyes to see it, you will not know that you are cursed and have curses upon you.
You are cursed. Can you see it?

.... if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6121 Mar 22, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Dont forget the sugar addicts ..seems to be one of the top drug addcitions in the western world particularly the USA ..then theres caffiene addicts another big one
So you are comparing sugar and caffeine to drug and alcohol? Hardly comparable. Caffeine dose not make you pass out while under the wheel of a car. It has not been linked to 1000's of injuries and deaths each year. I hope you know there is a big differences.

This was three yrs. ago.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.

Bristol, UK

#6122 Mar 22, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 7:20-23
It is what comes out of a person, he went on, that makes him unclean.
For from within, out of a person’s heart, come forth wicked thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, indecency, envy, slander, arrogance, foolishness….
All these wicked things come from within, and they make a person unclean.
Yes thats true ..I once blamed a drug given to me as a premed before an op for my behaviour ..I had a fit of rage ...it took me a long time to learn it wasnt the drug but the rage came from my heart within..I was sitting in front of a herion addict on a bus on Sunday ..I loved and admired his honesty ..not many herion addicts round here admit the truth ..they are treated by most as scum ..they are too ashamed and scared to tell anyone their struggles..that saddens me
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#6123 Mar 22, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Nettie........I know HOPE (Jesus) and "He" will always be my "HOPE" so get over it. Fact is, there is no hope for you in make believe purgatory. You don't know who is who on here. Loveis, was insinuating I was Native yesterday.
Nettie you post with Trough and Seen.......ooops, did you forget their evil posts? Oh their your friends so that does not count...
wrong ... I believe in purgatory, though it is not a "place". I made the comparison of your posts to those of Native's.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#6124 Mar 22, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Nettie........I know HOPE (Jesus) and "He" will always be my "HOPE" so get over it. Fact is, there is no hope for you in make believe purgatory. You don't know who is who on here. Loveis, was insinuating I was Native yesterday.
Nettie you post with Trough and Seen.......ooops, did you forget their evil posts? Oh their your friends so that does not count...
an apology to Love is called for.

Bristol, UK

#6125 Mar 22, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>So you are comparing sugar and caffeine to drug and alcohol? Hardly comparable. Caffeine dose not make you pass out while under the wheel of a car. It has not been linked to 1000's of injuries and deaths each year. I hope you know there is a big differences.
This was three yrs. ago.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.
your kidding your asking me not to compare sugar and caffiene to drugs and alcohol ..what about the sugar how many deaths and diseases does that ..cause diabetes for one and no disrespt to your fellow countryman but america has the highest obesity rate ..are you telling me this doesnt kill

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#6126 Mar 22, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Thats nice dear ....do you or have you ever drank coffee? do have take prescribed medication or have you ever took prescribed medications ? do you take sugar or have you ever took suger ? do you take crack cocaine or have you ever took crack cocaine ? and so on and so forth ..are you 100% certain you have never been on drugs? if so congratulations you are in the minority in the western world .
This post here to me makes me wonder if you are guilty.....CRACK COCAINE!!?? You jumped from sugar to cocaine. If I were drug user I would repent and give my life to Jesus.........If I were a drug user I would know that I could be a heartbeat from an overdose. You might want to seek some help.

I do drink about 2 cups of coffee a day.....do you do drugs and drink? Just asking.......

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#6127 Mar 22, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>dont forget sugar and coffee addiction in your not wanting part of that stuff .
SMH.......
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#6128 Mar 22, 2013
prince0fdarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
you pray for them all?... how is that working out for you?...tell us your success rate....is that you pretend you are accomplishing something when you can't do jack...
Works out quite well for me. I will add you to my prayer list. Hmmm... let's see... I pray you find a frind and hapiesss in ie.
Punisher

Brasília, Brazil

#6130 Mar 22, 2013
How Much do You Love God?

Matthew, Chapter 10
39: He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

John, Chapter 12
25: He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Are you ready to walk away from your life and all your possessions and become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ?
Punisher

Brasília, Brazil

#6131 Mar 22, 2013
The Name of The Lord Jesus

Colossians, Chapter 3
1: If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2: Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

17: And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Bristol, UK

#6132 Mar 22, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
"...Loveis, was insinuating I was Native yesterday..." post please in which you say I was insinuating you were Native ..I have neither insinuated or even thought such a thought ..I do now wonder though where such an idea has sprung from in your mind

Location hidden

#6133 Mar 22, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>your kidding your asking me not to compare sugar and caffiene to drugs and alcohol ..what about the sugar how many deaths and diseases does that ..cause diabetes for one and no disrespt to your fellow countryman but america has the highest obesity rate ..are you telling me this doesnt kill
can't argue with that! just because it doesn't impair judgment doens't mean it isn't in many ways comparable!

Location hidden

#6134 Mar 22, 2013
Punisher wrote:
Are you ready to walk away from your life and all your possessions and become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ?
Nope. When you are let me know---- you can send me all your stuff

Bristol, UK

#6135 Mar 22, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong ... I believe in purgatory, though it is not a "place". I made the comparison of your posts to those of Native's.
Glad you cleared that one up ..I was wondering where that one had came from

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Cookie_Parker 19,893
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 2 hr janeebee 25
Religious Freedom 3 hr janeebee 39
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 5,757
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr janeebee 2,541
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 6 hr EVERLASTING FATHER 166
Welcome all to the new CF 9 hr Huntington Guy 5
More from around the web