Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5809 Mar 19, 2013
Nettie,
I don't read your RCC propaganda copy/paste spam posts. God has preserved His Word just as promised.

Psalm 12:6-7
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5811 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus already verified the Old Testament when He stated "the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias" in Luke 11:51 and Matthew 23:35.
The Jewish canonical order of the OT was from Genesis to 2 Chronicles. Hence "the blood of Abel" (Genesis 4:8) to "the blood of Zacharias" (2 Chronicles 24:21). The Jewish OT contained the same 39 books as our Christian bible, but they are arranged in a different order.
And of course the New Testament was written by actual eye-witnesses of the events of Jesus (John, Matthew, Peter, James, Jude, Paul) and those who were with the disciples and got to interview other eye-witnesses (Luke and Mark).
**Oh, but we are supposed to believe a fake Catholic Topix troll over the Word of God.
The Church Calls A Council

In the early centuries there were festering controversies in the Church over what the New Testament canon should be. The Church finally settled the matter in 3 local (as opposed to an ecumenical) councils. They were the council of Rome (382 A.D.), the council of Hippo (393 A.D.), and the council of Carthage (397A.D.). In these councils the Catholic
Church authoritatively and infallibly declared what books are to be considered divinely inspired and authoritative. The 27 books that make
up our New Testament were declared canonical in these councils
14. And as such the matter was considered closed. But the
Church didn’t just list the New Testament books; she also listed the Old Testament books. And that list contained the Deutercanonical
books found in Catholic Bibles today. It is ironic that the same councils Protestants point to as authoritative in settling the
New Testament canon were also used by the Church to authoritatively settle the Old Testament canon.

The Reformation

For the following centuries Christendom made no distinction between the
Deutercanonical books 15 and the rest of the Bible as handed down in the Latin Vulgate.

But this changed at the Reformation when Luther rejected the canonicity of the Deutercanonical books. Luther used three arguments
for his decision. First of all the Deutercanonicals gave strong Biblical support for purgatory 16. This was proof to Luther that the books were in error, as Luther had no room for purgatory in his theology. As
God’s Word cannot contain error and these books obviously had such an error (according to Luther), the Deutercanonical books had to go 17. Luther also appealed to the fact that the Jews had rejected the Septuagint (with its Deutercanonical books) at the council of
Jamnia. Finally, Luther pointed out that some of the Church Fathers doubted the inspiration of the Deutercanonicals 18. In time the rest of the Protestant Reformers fell in line. The result is that today the Protestant Bible has 66 books while the Catholic Bible steadfastly maintains the 73 books she has had for 2,000 years.
http://www.holytrinityparish.net/Links/Our%20...
----------

RR, you are following the opinions of scripture based on the thoughts of who?
lol
Luther..........

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5812 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Nettie,
I don't read your RCC propaganda copy/paste spam posts. God has preserved His Word just as promised.
Psalm 12:6-7
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Luther changed some of it; you follow the opinions of scripture of a man........Luther.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#5813 Mar 19, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
All he ever proves is there SHOULD be a Hell!
LOL. So true.

Panorama City, CA

#5814 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you didn't hear? "Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein".
Provide some evidence hell exists.

Panorama City, CA

#5815 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you can tell me which of the thousands of existing gods to pick and demonstrate why I wouldn't be wasting my time let me know.
Once you can tell me how to believe in something like Santa let me know.
Pascal's wager is a logical fallacy. You support your belief on lie after lie because the foundation is weak and yuo have nothing but fallacies to resort to.
You didn't pay close attention when you read my post, I said:
"The problem with his (Pascal's) wager is that it's a false dichotomy."
People who propose it give only two options:
1. Their version of god and salvation.
2. Extinction.

As you said, there are thousands of possibilities. And I say one of them could be that god only let's atheists into heaven, because he can't stand suck ups.

Panorama City, CA

#5816 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're looking for excuses to not believe the Bible. Won't work. You have been warned. You are accountable.
The buy-bull indicates the earth is flat. Why should I believe it?

#5817 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Luther changed some of it; you follow the opinions of scripture of a man........Luther.
I'm following the preserved Word of God, not Martin Luther.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven! It's a free gift that none of us can earn, we are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus (Rom 10:9-13, John 14:6, Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Rom 11:6).

Titus 1:2- In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Panorama City, CA

#5818 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven! It's a free gift that none of us can earn, we are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus (Rom 10:9-13, John 14:6, Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Rom 11:6).
Titus 1:2- In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Do aborted fetuses go to hell? They don't accept Jesus.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5819 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't pay close attention when you read my post, I said:
"The problem with his (Pascal's) wager is that it's a false dichotomy."
People who propose it give only two options:
1. Their version of god and salvation.
2. Extinction.
As you said, there are thousands of possibilities. And I say one of them could be that god only let's atheists into heaven, because he can't stand suck ups.
sorry--- i just saw the stupidity you quoted and didn't pay much attention :)

Location hidden

#5821 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
yup...and this impacts my comment how?
must be hard for you
still waiting

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5822 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
yup...and this impacts my comment how?
must be hard for you
That the Bible is true.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5823 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide some evidence hell exists.
"He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone" "forever and ever"

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5824 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proof?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5825 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You are following what Luther left of the Bible after he finished changing some of it.
Nope.
You follow the notions of Luther as to what the Bible is.

The Bible was already preserved before he decided to mess with it.

#5826 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times are you going to repeat the same nonsense?

1) The word circle in Isa 40:22 was chuwg, which can also mean a sphere. The Hebrews didn't have a specific word to use for sphere.

2) When David and Bathsheba's child died in 2 Samuel 12:18, David stated "I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." (2 Sam 12:23)

Location hidden

#5827 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That the Bible is true.
yeah-----compelling argument

the bible is true--because the bible tells me...how do you know...because it is true........how come.....the bible tells me

cult loser

Location hidden

#5828 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>

1) The word circle in Isa 40:22 was chuwg, which can also mean a sphere. The Hebrews didn't have a specific word to use for sphere.
being that it was inspired by god I think they could have came up with a correct word at least..especially since god new people would be reading what they wrote for thousands of years

your god was wrong.....because your god was a fabrication from people with primitive knowledge and today people are still twisting these words so they can keep worshiping it

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5829 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah-----compelling argument
the bible is true--because the bible tells me...how do you know...because it is true........how come.....the bible tells me
cult loser
Israel is back to stay whether you like it or not.

“No stalking allowed.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5830 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No... but the doctors, nurses and mothers do......if not repented for. I almost forgot, so do all those who agree with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Experiences When Praying (Jan '11) 38 min Big Al 73
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 2 hr dollarsbill 197
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 4 hr dollarsbill 165
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) 18 hr Big Al 54
Christianity Wed dollarsbill 2
The Jesus Delusion Wed dollarsbill 11
dealing with homosexual child Wed dollarsbill 3