Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5766 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pascal's Wager.
The problem with his wager is that it's a false dichotomy. What if you are wrong, and god only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand butt kissers?
And, you didn't provide any evidence at all that either heaven or hell exist.
Once you can tell me which of the thousands of existing gods to pick and demonstrate why I wouldn't be wasting my time let me know.

Once you can tell me how to believe in something like Santa let me know.

Pascal's wager is a logical fallacy. You support your belief on lie after lie because the foundation is weak and yuo have nothing but fallacies to resort to.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#5767 Mar 19, 2013
Good morning to all of my dear Brother's/Sister's in Christ Jesus. Do you know how to Bloom where God has planted you??

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#5768 Mar 19, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct....and some are just looking for a way out from the truth.
Jesus warned, "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him -- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day" (John 12:48). That includes Jesus' teachings as delivered by the apostles. "He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me" (Luke 10:16). Thus the continued warning, "See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven" (Hebrews 12:25). That rejection will result in punishment.
A BIG AMEN (FACT)......

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5769 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
Once you can tell me how to believe in something like Santa let me know.
Choose the real God who raised Israel from the dead just as He foretold. God of the Bible.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5770 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Choose the real God who raised Israel from the dead just as He foretold. God of the Bible.
ok - and you choose the 32nd dimensional fairy. What do you have to lose?

Location hidden

#5771 Mar 19, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
ok - and you choose the 32nd dimensional fairy. What do you have to lose?
Never heard of Israel?

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#5773 Mar 19, 2013
When people come into my office desiring to become part of our local church body, my first question always is, "What church do you come from, and who was your Pastor?" Then I tell them what our Sr. Pastor require of them. God must come first in your life nothing else will do. In my life God is number "ONE" then my family every thing else will find its place by Gods help and you must be a true Christian person that walks with Jesus. We help people to find/show them the real truth from Gods Holy Bible.....

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#5775 Mar 19, 2013
A real true Child of God never give up on trying to win souls for Gods Family. Do the job that God give you to do, that is the reason why you our on this earth to serve God, not the world!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5776 Mar 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>The Book of Revelation was written by John in A.D. 90....
And, there was no Bible at that time.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5777 Mar 19, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct....and some are just looking for a way out from the truth.
Jesus warned, "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him -- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day" (John 12:48). That includes Jesus' teachings as delivered by the apostles. "He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me" (Luke 10:16). Thus the continued warning, "See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven" (Hebrews 12:25). That rejection will result in punishment.
Your post is off topic.
The topic being that particular scripture quoted by dollarsbill from the book of Revelation.
That scripture pertained ONLY to the book of Revelation, not the entire Bible.
There WAS no Bible at the time the book of Revelation was written.

Do try to keep up, Laci.

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5778 Mar 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> A BIG AMEN (FACT)......
Thank you my friend......

Location hidden

#5779 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
And that's your Satanic opinion, again.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5780 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your Satanic opinion, again.
Then, you prove to us that there WAS a Bible at the time the book of Revelation was written.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5781 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you prove to us that there WAS a Bible at the time the book of Revelation was written.
We know from Peter's second epistle that some of Paul's epistles were already in circulation and that they were considered scripture even before their (Peter and Paul) deaths ~67 AD. The book of Revelation was written ~90-95 AD, so yes there were NT scriptures already in existence. Of course the OT was already completed long before that time.

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#5782 Mar 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
A real true Child of God never give up on trying to win souls for Gods Family. Do the job that God give you to do, that is the reason why you our on this earth to serve God, not the world!!
Faith is not a game, you cannot win souls. Only God can offer salvation by his grace. Humble yourself, you work for God, he does not work for you.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#5783 Mar 19, 2013
Spiritual Authority is back up by Jeremiah 33:3 it says. "Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." So what is Jer.33:3 saying to us??

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5784 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is off topic.
The topic being that particular scripture quoted by dollarsbill from the book of Revelation.
There WAS no Bible at the time the book of Revelation was written.
Do try to keep up, Laci.
no it is not I put it here for a reason........do wake up.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#5785 Mar 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Amen! The most important thing a Christian can do is win souls for Christ.

Proverbs 11:30- The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

James 5:20- Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#5786 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
We know from Peter's second epistle that some of Paul's epistles were already in circulation and that they were considered scripture even before their (Peter and Paul) deaths ~67 AD. The book of Revelation was written ~90-95 AD, so yes there were NT scriptures already in existence. Of course the OT was already completed long before that time.
2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
We know that there was no Bible at that time, and we know that the books chosen from hundreds in circulation and being used at that time had not been determined to be inspired and therefore to be included IN the Bible. You know, the Bible that came later. That Bible.

Go do a little research.
It's a blast.

“KNOW JESUS and KNOW PEACE”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5787 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you prove to us that there WAS a Bible at the time the book of Revelation was written.
The WORD was made FLESH and the WORD came with the BIRTH of CHRIST. The WORD has been with GOD from the beginning of TIME. WHY can't others comprehend this. I will find the scripture for PROOF.God says to all that will listen: I am the Way the Truth and the Life. What gives us reference to this?....The Bible gives witness to the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. Never a rocket scientist to figure this out....DUH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 4 min blacklagoon 2,048
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min Truth Doctor 4,380
Christian Fundamentalism 40 min Truth Doctor 64
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 1 hr Fire Wall 81
apokalypsis (May '09) 3 hr Halycon 1,125
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 4 hr dollarsbill 3,561
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 4 hr Liam R will return 213
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 6 hr Allen Richards 123
Challenge to all Christians 7 hr dollarsbill 385
More from around the web