15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Hogwash.

no, is fact.
socci

Everton, MO

#5037 Mar 8, 2013

Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD

Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.

We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...

Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.

"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.

The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29

"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...

"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."

continues:

http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm

http://www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creat...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Rio Rancho, NM

#5038 Mar 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
no, is fact.
Put up your 'facts'.

“Wear white at night.”

Rio Rancho, NM

#5039 Mar 8, 2013
It's Friday, Stations of the Cross tonight. They will be prayed at the home of a member of the congregation who lives rather far away and I don't like driving at night so I'll go to the mission and if I can't hitch a ride I'll pray them there.

That should give you enough time, socci, to arrange your facts and thoughts and prepare yourself for a spirited debate.

God bless you.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5040 Mar 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The scribes were the translators & copyists. They did not write the books of the Bible.
We were not there to see Adam, but unlike your 'caveman' all the science supports the biblical account of world history.
Noah's sons founded Babylon and Sumeria. Nimrod's name has been found there confirming this and more.
The Exodus artifacts confirms the biblical account that says Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt.
• The Search for the Real Mt Sinai
(video)
http://archive.org/details/The_Search_for_the...
The Exodus route, Red Sea crossing, surrounding artifacts, Split Rock at Horeb, and much more.
(illustrated)
http://pinkoski.com/the-real-mt-sinai.html
GENESIS: Oldest Text on the Planet
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...
LOL
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#5041 Mar 8, 2013
Rare ‘Zodiacal Light’ will be visible in night sky soon

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...

Fireballs With Sonic Booms Increase Over 500% From 2005 To 2012

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013/03/fireba...

Monster Comet may have Mars in its Crosshairs

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/...

Large Release of Methane Gas of Los Angeles Coast Could Signal Tectonic Plate Shifting

http://enenews.com/officials-large-release-of...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5043 Mar 9, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have all the dunamis and exousia you like, but I would like to see how you get on if you were bitten by a little Aussie crawler called a Taipan. If it's not too "sinful" for you, perhaps you would like to make a little wager on the outcome of you receiving such a bite?
No, I'm good...:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#5044 Mar 9, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent post!
:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#5045 Mar 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all good but understand natural selection only preserves the best of the species and really has nothing to do with evolution as Darwin claimed. Natural selection is at work to weed out the weak and keep the species strong.
Here's an article about it if interested..
http://creation.com/natural-selection
Thank you Socci, I will look at the link, and get back to you tomorrow...:) I just logged on not to long ago, and I am ready for some Zzzz... I also need to answer my new buddy (lol) DL... I think someone stole his/her lolly pop...:)

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#5046 Mar 9, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm good...:)
No you are not. You are a fraud.

You posted a laundry list of so called scientific facts in the Bible.

You said you have a science degree.

You said you were very knowledgable regarding the Old and New Testaments.

Would you care to apply your science degree and your vast knowledge of the Old and New Testament to an item on your laundry list? Probably not, right, because you're a fraud.

God bless you.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#5047 Mar 9, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven." Mark 13:24-27
Yes they will fall......
The farthest end of the earth??? A sphere has no ends. It would be more believable if those ancients said "from every place around the earth" but they didn't..

The stars will fall to where? Gravity is needed for something to fall..

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5048 Mar 9, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Whether you are walking the path of spiritual growth, seeking guidance or comfort, telling someone or a group about God's Word, or merely wanting to quote a timely passage from the Bible, this thread will provide the Scripture's for every need in life...
This thread is meant to encourage in depth study of the Bible and a deeper hunger for the Word's of GOD. Each Scripture selection by my staff and myself will bring the truth of God Bible to you. May the LORD bless each Christian as He speaks to you through His living Word on this thread.
As we know the "Promises" of God is still truth to every Christian on this earth! Today we will start off with "ALMIGHTY GOD'S AUTHORITY, do you know what is Gods Authority?
Exodus 3:14...And God said unto Moses I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Will you and your staff prove any of it is actually true?

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#5049 Mar 9, 2013
A Prophecy Against Gog, Later to Day!!

“No stalking allowed.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5050 Mar 9, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The farthest end of the earth??? A sphere has no ends. It would be more believable if those ancients said "from every place around the earth" but they didn't..
The stars will fall to where? Gravity is needed for something to fall..
Simply through a mighty act of God. God's wrath will be poured out with great intensity there will be many things that happen that have never happened before. It is my opinion from what I understand of the Bible that before all this happens to the world God will rapture His Church.....Great and terrible things will happen to mankind at this time. The time of the Great Tribulation.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#5051 Mar 9, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you and your staff prove any of it is actually true?
The "Prophecy" proves the word of God to be truth FACT. Some people think they can get the truth of the Bible from some place else and that isn't true! Any Scripture that I put on here comes from the Bible and its the turth. We are not to question the word of God or mock it or make fun of it, if anyone does this its called "The Unpardonable sin". That kind of sin can not and will not be forgiven ever!!
Paul

Indianapolis, IN

#5052 Mar 9, 2013
It look like someone got banned and come back under another name, I see two of them so far?

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#5053 Mar 9, 2013
Paul wrote:
It look like someone got banned and come back under another name, I see two of them so far?
You mean like you grayboxing here instead of using your registered account? You fool no one. Your posts can not be duplicated in whatever that language you seek to display.

Location hidden

#5054 Mar 9, 2013
"The "Prophecy" proves the word of God to be truth FACT. "

I ask you to demonstrate how you have eliminated each and everyone of these reasonable explanations below. If Prophecy is proof then surely you can be methodical and demonstrate how each prophecy you mentioned does not meet one of the reasonable explanations below. If you can't discount the obvious and want to assert the extraordinary (if not impossible), then what you have is an irrational belief...not proof.

Here is the list...
1. Self-fulfilling
2. Vague wording and/or lack of specific details that can be interpreted countless ways
3. Written about AFTER the event occurred (often by people that never even witnessed the event!) especially when there is an interest in creating the appearance of a prophecy
4. A lucky guess
5. "Predicting" the obvious
6. Predicting something subjective will happen while providing no specific measurement to determine it's validity

Once you get over this hump...where is the evidence of this being related to the supernatural....and not someone having access to a time machine or aliens?

tick tock

Location hidden

#5055 Mar 9, 2013
So -- here you assert the claim as evidence! Prophecy is the claim not the evidence.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5056 Mar 9, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>"Immediately after the distress (tribulation) of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the (stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.) At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." Matthew 24:21-31
"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven." Mark 13:24-27
Yes they will fall......
Yet, those same Apostles really believed that Jesus was going to return in their lifetime, but when they and their followers realized this was not the case, that is when it was determined that their oral teachings should be written down for preservation of them, for the present Christians of their day and for future Christians/believers.

That scripture you posted is symbolic language, Laci.

Too many seem to wish to look at "end times" in fear.
Really, what is going to happen is that our "world" will change dramatically because, instead of Jesus reigning in heaven, He will reign on earth and our whole known existence will change because of this.
And, God and Son will be made known/revealed to all so that it will be absolutely certain of their existence to all.

Too many leave out God's mercy and never ending love for mankind and replace it with fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 2 min Your mommas pussi 103
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 6 min dollarsbill 84
How Christians are to Test the Spirits - 1 John... 10 hr AlertChristians 1
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 11 hr Big Al 867
Atheist should be treated as Addicts 21 hr blacklagoon 3 12
All Anonymous Fellowships Like Alcoholics Anony... Tue AlertChristians 1
Battling Life Threatening Flesh Eating Sex Demo... Tue trumpthedotard 20
More from around the web