Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#4257 Feb 23, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that Jesus is “God” but Jesus never wrote a word. The Bible was written in human language by men. You need to get your nose out of that book and look around at the "real" world that you live in.
"Man has the power of making books, inventing stories of God, and calling them revelation, or the Word of God....Books, whether Bibles or Korans, carry no evidence of being the work of any other power than man. It is only that which man cannot do that carries the evidence of being the work of a superior power.”- Thomas Paine
RR comment Big Al is truth no lies in them! You my dear man need to read the Bible instead of the lies you believe in...
Paul

Indianapolis, IN

#4258 Feb 23, 2013
?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4259 Feb 23, 2013
Paul wrote:
?
^^^^^^^
Preacherdude.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4260 Feb 23, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^^^
Preacherdude.
Hi, Nettiebelle.

Absolutely. Paul is the first bogus named he used.

I'm off to the tamale marathon. I'm kind of late. I don't know if they're wanting a man or glad they don't have one.

God bless you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4261 Feb 23, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Absolutely. Paul is the first bogus named he used.
Pot/kettle? Absolutely. They will be coming for you hypocrite.
socci

Cameron, MO

#4263 Feb 23, 2013

What is Futurism?

The Futurist view of Revelation interprets the prophecies of Antichrist as a future literal man who deceives the world. The Futurist view interprets Revelation literally, not symbolically. There is a "gap" of over 2000 years between the 69th week and 70th week of Daniel 9. The Prince is the Man of Sin, Antichrist. The Futurist view was introduced by the Jesuits to counter the Reformation view of Papacy.

What is Historicism?

Historicism is the historical interpretation of many of the prophecies in the book of Revelation, particularly regarding Antichrist. The Anti-Christ, Man of Sin, or Mystery of Iniquity is the system of Papacy. The Reformers had the historical interpretation of the Antichrist. Historicism has no "gap" between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel 9. The Prince being cut off in the midst of the week is Christ, the Messiah, who died in the midst of the 70th week in favor of natural Israel at the first advent. Historicism treats Revelation as a Book of signs and symbols.
www.revelation-today.com/A6Ribera.htm

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4264 Feb 23, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
People on here are CLUELESS. The Bible is clear there will be a 7 yr period of great tribulation like the world has NEVER seen and before this happens the world will become a one world government. A man of peace will come on the scene and deceive MANY and even the elect if they are not in the WORD. This man will be the ANTICHRIST and he will make everyone take a mark on the right hand or on the forehead and if you do NOT take this mark you will not be able to SELL OR BUY anything. PEOPLE WAKE UP because the hour is drawing to close and these things are upon us. Why do you think the economy and the world is in the distress it is? THIS IS BEING set up to bring about things that man will wish he had God in his life because without God you will NOT make it.
Spinning Wheels?

Many spend much time looking for signs in the heavens and in the headlines. This is especially true of premillennialists, who anxiously await the tribulation because it will inaugurate the rapture and millennium.

A more balanced perspective is given by Peter, who writes, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.... Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace" (2 Pet. 3:8–14).
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4265 Feb 23, 2013
socci wrote:
What is Futurism?
The Futurist view of Revelation interprets the prophecies of Antichrist as a future literal man who deceives the world. The Futurist view interprets Revelation literally, not symbolically. There is a "gap" of over 2000 years between the 69th week and 70th week of Daniel 9. The Prince is the Man of Sin, Antichrist. The Futurist view was introduced by the Jesuits to counter the Reformation view of Papacy.
What is Historicism?
Historicism is the historical interpretation of many of the prophecies in the book of Revelation, particularly regarding Antichrist. The Anti-Christ, Man of Sin, or Mystery of Iniquity is the system of Papacy. The Reformers had the historical interpretation of the Antichrist. Historicism has no "gap" between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel 9. The Prince being cut off in the midst of the week is Christ, the Messiah, who died in the midst of the 70th week in favor of natural Israel at the first advent. Historicism treats Revelation as a Book of signs and symbols.
www.revelation-today.com/A6Ribera.htm
The scriptures are crystal clear that there will be a 7 year tribulation period......a time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). We know that Jacob is Israel(Genesis 35:10). We are currently in the age of grace, where salvation is a free gift through faith in Christ Jesus......hence the gap between Daniel's 69th and the final 70th week.(Daniel 9:24-27)

The Anti-Christ will come and make a firm covenant with Israel for 7 years (Daniel's 70th week, Daniel 9:27). Halfway through this 7 year period, he will sit in the rebuilt temple and claim to be God (Matt 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:4).........that's when the Jews realize they were fooled and head for the mountains(Matt 24:16-20). The Anti-Christ will issue a mark on/in the right hand or forehead and cause all to receive it in order to buy/sell.(Revelation 13:15-18) Those who take the mark will be forever damned.(Revelation 14:9-11)
----------
Also,

The book of Revelation is broken into 3 parts.

Revelation 1:19- Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

1) things thou hast seen, PAST......Chapter 1
2) things which are, PRESENT........Chapters 2 and 3
3) things which shall be hereafter, FUTURE.....Chapters 4 to 22

Of course the seven churches in chapters 2 and 3 were literal churches during Apostle John's day but they are also church periods throughout church history. Obviously chapters 4-22 didn't happen yet.........

***Chapters 6-18 of Revelation deal with the tribulation period.......of which the church isn't even mentioned at all. That's because, I believe, we are raptured prior to the start of the 7 year trib.(Rev 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, 1 Cor 15:51-55, 1 John 3:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:9)
----------

p.s.- I want to stress that end times (pre, mid ,post, no, rapture etc) views are not a salvation issue.

#4266 Feb 23, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that Jesus is “God” but Jesus never wrote a word. The Bible was written in human language by men. You need to get your nose out of that book and look around at the "real" world that you live in.
"Man has the power of making books, inventing stories of God, and calling them revelation, or the Word of God....Books, whether Bibles or Korans, carry no evidence of being the work of any other power than man. It is only that which man cannot do that carries the evidence of being the work of a superior power.”- Thomas Paine
Jesus is the Word! Go read John 1:1-14 and then keep on reading until you understand what you're talking about.

Here's a link to the Word:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

#4267 Feb 23, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
People on here are CLUELESS. The Bible is clear there will be a 7 yr period of great tribulation like the world has NEVER seen and before this happens the world will become a one world government. A man of peace will come on the scene and deceive MANY and even the elect if they are not in the WORD. This man will be the ANTICHRIST and he will make everyone take a mark on the right hand or on the forehead and if you do NOT take this mark you will not be able to SELL OR BUY anything. PEOPLE WAKE UP because the hour is drawing to close and these things are upon us. Why do you think the economy and the world is in the distress it is? THIS IS BEING set up to bring about things that man will wish he had God in his life because without God you will NOT make it.
Amen Native!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4269 Feb 23, 2013
Truth Be Told wrote:
<quoted text>They will never get it, which is why most atheists and satanists fear the aging and decaying of their bodies. God made man out of his word, then gave him a house to live in,his body. Before sin, Adam did not see himself as naked, because he knew that his body was his house and not him. God said "let there be" and all was....
I've known a good deal of fundies who, when faced with death, feared their demise as well.

There's no stopping the fear of death..especially to those who have violated Christ's commandments to love other and have spent their time just judging...;)

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#4270 Feb 23, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
The Preacherman
I am looking forward to it.
Hey, IGNORE tickedoffchic I know you are not that other person that she is accusing you of being and she has also done that to me. I love reading your post and have grown so much spiritually. Someone said you had a website where you and the wife post alot of things may I look at that?
<quoted text>
I ignore a lot of people on these threads, I can only say this to those people Isaiah 54:17. Now about my website, I did had plans to make one but never got around to it. Being a Pastor like I am I just haven't found the time to do so sorry I didn't mean to let you down like that. But just as soon as I can we will get it up and going, that is if I can find the time....

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#4271 Feb 23, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one God and only one Son of God.
There has always been wrongdoing and hard times on Earth, since its beginning as a matter of fact.
You, Laci, no one, can know where another soul goes after death. It is not yours to know beforehand. Never will be.
FALSE...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#4272 Feb 23, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>FALSE...
TRUE!

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#4273 Feb 23, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures are crystal clear that there will be a 7 year tribulation period......a time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). We know that Jacob is Israel(Genesis 35:10). We are currently in the age of grace, where salvation is a free gift through faith in Christ Jesus......hence the gap between Daniel's 69th and the final 70th week.(Daniel 9:24-27)
The Anti-Christ will come and make a firm covenant with Israel for 7 years (Daniel's 70th week, Daniel 9:27). Halfway through this 7 year period, he will sit in the rebuilt temple and claim to be God (Matt 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:4).........that's when the Jews realize they were fooled and head for the mountains(Matt 24:16-20). The Anti-Christ will issue a mark on/in the right hand or forehead and cause all to receive it in order to buy/sell.(Revelation 13:15-18) Those who take the mark will be forever damned.(Revelation 14:9-11)
----------
Also,
The book of Revelation is broken into 3 parts.
Revelation 1:19- Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
1) things thou hast seen, PAST......Chapter 1
2) things which are, PRESENT........Chapters 2 and 3
3) things which shall be hereafter, FUTURE.....Chapters 4 to 22
Of course the seven churches in chapters 2 and 3 were literal churches during Apostle John's day but they are also church periods throughout church history. Obviously chapters 4-22 didn't happen yet.........
***Chapters 6-18 of Revelation deal with the tribulation period.......of which the church isn't even mentioned at all. That's because, I believe, we are raptured prior to the start of the 7 year trib.(Rev 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, 1 Cor 15:51-55, 1 John 3:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:9)
----------
p.s.- I want to stress that end times (pre, mid ,post, no, rapture etc) views are not a salvation issue.
A good Job Amen..........
socci

Cameron, MO

#4275 Feb 23, 2013
Romans Road wrote:

Nooope, no gap - no 7 years.

The 70 weeks of Daniel is about the Messiah coming the first time, not about any antichrist.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#4277 Feb 23, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
How many comic books do you read?
Bring on the end while I enjoy life... to the very end of the doom and gloom. Paranoia will not destroy my living.
You guys are very strange indeed.

#4278 Feb 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooope, no gap - no 7 years.
The 70 weeks of Daniel is about the Messiah coming the first time, not about any antichrist.
The Anti-Christ is the little horn of Daniel 7:8, that comes from the last world empire...the Revived Roman Empire. He is also called the 'king of fierce countenance'(Daniel 8:23), man of sin, the son of perdition (2 Thessalonians 2:3), the Wicked (2 Thessalonians 2:8), and of course Jesus spoke about Anti-Christ committing the abomination of desolation (Daniel 11:31, Daniel 11:36, Daniel 12:11) in Matthew 24:15. Paul also spoke of this same thing in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Thus we know that Anti-Christ is coming.........."For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." -Matt 24:21

----------
Yes I'm aware of Antiochus IV Epiphanes fulfilling scriptures regarding desecrating the Temple, but Jesus and Paul both talked about the future anti-Christ desecrating the temple......thus we know that it will happen during the tribulation period.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#4279 Feb 23, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Anti-Christ is the little horn of Daniel 7:8, that comes from the last world empire...the Revived Roman Empire. He is also called the 'king of fierce countenance'(Daniel 8:23), man of sin, the son of perdition (2 Thessalonians 2:3), the Wicked (2 Thessalonians 2:8), and of course Jesus spoke about Anti-Christ committing the abomination of desolation (Daniel 11:31, Daniel 11:36, Daniel 12:11) in Matthew 24:15. Paul also spoke of this same thing in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.
Thus we know that Anti-Christ is coming.........."For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." -Matt 24:21
----------
Yes I'm aware of Antiochus IV Epiphanes fulfilling scriptures regarding desecrating the Temple, but Jesus and Paul both talked about the future anti-Christ desecrating the temple......thus we know that it will happen during the tribulation period.
Does he pee on the temple or crap on the temple?
Which temple?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#4280 Feb 23, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Let's just say the things you say are true. It's prophesized. There is nothing you can do about it, so why fear it or instill fear in others that don't believe it.
You push this fear thingy on good people that refuse to live their tremendous God given life in that fear you monger.
Personally, I don't have time for that bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
happiness does not exist 19 min janeebee 12
Let's have a discussion, HG. (Oct '12) 59 min janeebee 176
Why do you really believe in a god? 1 hr Jesus Is 623
Mr. and Mr. Obama? 1 hr Liberace 1
There is no god 2 hr Jesus Is 10
GOD'S RESTORATION for BACKSLIDEN CHRISTIANS 2 hr Jesus Is 31
Spirit bodies. 3 hr janeebee 23
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 5 hr janeebee 1,341
Evidence Against God 5 hr little lamb 3,826
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 6 hr janeebee 8,242
More from around the web