Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

Since: Oct 07

Glasgow, UK

#4044 Feb 19, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou?
Good point
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#4045 Feb 19, 2013
Tense.
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I better try to get some sleep I was up all night later...

Glasgow, UK

#4046 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>"1 Peter 3:12"...Eph. 4:27...Lk.11:9-10...PS. 34:17...Mat.6:12,14-15...Read all this and the key word to this is "understanding"....
Hi Preacherman ...

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Eph. 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Luke 11 :9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 6 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Thanks for these scriptures ...though I fail to see where they confirm your statement that God only speaks to true Christians.

Daliah brought up a good point where God speaks to Satan ..how does that fit with your claim?

Glasgow, UK

#4047 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I better try to get some sleep I was up all night later...
Later Preacherman hope you get a peaceful sleep..ask the Lord to show you scriptures where he does speak to people regardless of their religious beliefs ..Ive given you him speaking to Saul as an example ...Dalia has given you where he speaks to Satan as another ..think about it ..God bless you

“It is well with my soul”

Since: Feb 10

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4048 Feb 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not look them up yourself? If you don't own a bible then use biblegateway.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/
I'm very well acquainted with the scriptures of the bible, thank you very much.

It is common courtesy and proper etiquette when postng in a public literary forum such as this. It not only saves time for the reader(s) but is also beneficial for those who may just be curiously passing through.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4049 Feb 19, 2013
Ibborbi wrote:
<quoted text>
It is common courtesy and proper etiquette when postng in a public literary forum such as this. It not only saves time for the reader(s) but is also beneficial for those who may just be curiously passing through.
Hi schweetheart!

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4050 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
You seldom seem to know what you're talking about.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4051 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
The Bible tells us don't give place to evil! Now God tell us this, why would God go against his own word? If you aren't a true believer God will not talk to you because if He did then He would go against His own word and that will never happen end of story!!
You are so spiritually blind that it's not even funny.

Glasgow, UK

#4052 Feb 19, 2013
Ibborbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ibborbi ...Good to "see you " ..hope all is well with you ...I agree

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4053 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
The Bible tells us don't give place to evil! Now God tell us this, why would God go against his own word? If you aren't a true believer God will not talk to you because if He did then He would go against His own word and that will never happen end of story!!
How does one become a "true believer" if they don't hear from God?

I know very many "true believers" who say they don't hear from God. Well, they probably do, but they choose to ignore him.

Many of your so-called "true believers" have been misled to believe that they can't hear from God unless the word comes to them via the leadership, i.e. pastors, bishops, priests, etc.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4054 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I will always love to have friendly discussions with anyone. But let it be known to anyone who going to use dirty words or calling names, I will just pass there evil comment by FACT!! I will not answer dumb question or Mocking or making fun of me or others! I show respect to everyone on these threads with truth and I expect the same from them. We are all to be adults here with good behavior and attitude. Thank you for your comment The Preacherman01
You don't see the sin in yourself.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4055 Feb 19, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Hi schweetheart!
Howdy, my love!

:)

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4056 Feb 19, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Preacherman ...
1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
Luke 11 :9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses
Thanks for these scriptures ...though I fail to see where they confirm your statement that God only speaks to true Christians.
Daliah brought up a good point where God speaks to Satan ..how does that fit with your claim?
Thank you for posting the scriptures.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4057 Feb 19, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ibborbi ...Good to "see you " ..hope all is well with you ...I agree
Aw, thanks, loveismygoal. I didn't want to interrupt your flow.

All is well.

Love you !!!

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4058 Feb 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Because all powerful beings don't get enough glory, do they?
<quoted text>
While I was posting yesterday or today, I am not here to be a trouble maker. To answer the part of the comment you have questioned...it is the way I believe, my faith. In saying the comment to the person it was directed, I meant no ill will to that person or to anyone. If you choose to live differently than me, I will respect your choices. I've had so many people from all types of backgrounds and life choices make positive and substantial differences in my life. I hope this post finds you having a good morning.

Location hidden

#4059 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Powerful things don't seek glory.
If they do, they aren't really powerful, are they?
I like Cooterdog
:-)
I said something else and changed it. Here's why:
Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
Hello River Tam. You have been so good to me from the first day I started posting. I think the world of you, RT. I hope you're having a fun day.

Whereabouts in Jersey

#4060 Feb 19, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Correction: Ask God to open the eyes of your heart and increase your spiritual understanding.

Location hidden

#4061 Feb 19, 2013
loveismygoal wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Preacherman ...
I appreciate you posting these scriptures and and I also think 15th brought up a good point, LoveIsMyGoal.

Location hidden

#4062 Feb 19, 2013
Folks, I'm going to leave the thread because it was not my intent to stop the flow of conversation with one another. It has and is a blessing to be able to meet each of you and having an opportunity to learn new things. God bless everyone.

Location hidden

#4063 Feb 19, 2013
Ibborbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Ask God to open the eyes of your heart and increase your spiritual understanding.
Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Sheilaa 17,939
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible (Jul '15) 6 min Sheilaa 2,206
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 9 min Sheilaa 4,205
I'M PREPARED TO MEET GOD to defend my rejection... 27 min DANNO 219
Nutter alert - headteacher claims Evolution is ... 35 min little lamb 145
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking 41 min little lamb 5,856
ACTS 9: 7 or Acts 22: 9? 1 hr Barnsweb 505
Evidence Against God 2 hr blacklagoon 920
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security 3 hr Passing thru 3,225
More from around the web