Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3030 Jan 31, 2013
It is of course a fact that he Bible exists and that certain claims and promises are written there, but how does it relate in detail to the actual sources, the initial real story and not least; how does it relate to the reality of this world as known to us thru our daily experiences and to the facts described by science.

Is it possible to believe blindly in the Bible without denying much of the real world that we are living in?

It sounds almost impossible to live happily within the logical discrepancy between these two.

It is of course possible to live happily with one of these and ignoring the other, but reality would always come to nag with the believers of the Bible in one way or another.

This is in essence the universal conflict between religion and the facts of the modern world that we are living in.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3031 Jan 31, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Still looked more like you bragging about what folks are praising to you.......and you don't truly know God's message, hell, you don't even know what Jesus's message is........you are solely focused on what's in your book.....but what about the message in the Gospels of Peter, Thomas, Judas or Mary Magdalene? What about the Book of Enoch or Jasher? The Teachings of the 12 Apostles? Which bible is the "ONE TRUE" bible? The King James? or one of the others? See there are so many questions and they are not easily just because someone says "READ THE BIBLE" the answers are there.......and the answers aren't!!!
The only way someone find what it is that they are searching for is to follow the path that God gave them or what they themselves know to be true if they have different beliefs!!!
Proverbs
25 There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3032 Jan 31, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>This is silly.
You have no power over me or anyone else except yourself.
What weak faith you must have.
The Blood of Jesus against you.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3033 Jan 31, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You already are in my prayers, but, yes, that is okay with me.:)
I might try to quit smoking for Lent as well.
I will let you know how I do.
I think you just really have to want to, and I have never really wanted to I guess.
God doesn't answer your prayers.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3034 Jan 31, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Blood of Jesus against you.
cram it clownie.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3035 Jan 31, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>cram it clownie.
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3036 Jan 31, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
The Blood of Jesus against you and your loved ones.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Placitas, NM

#3037 Jan 31, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
Now that I've been saved I can't say stuff like that and though I'm obliged to pray for your eternal salvation I'm sure gonna miss you telling the dipstick fundies the facts of life.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3038 Jan 31, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I've been saved I can't say stuff like that and though I'm obliged to pray for your eternal salvation I'm sure gonna miss you telling the dipstick fundies the facts of life.
You are an agent of Satan. You are doomed to the eternal Hell fire. The Blood of Jesus against you.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#3039 Jan 31, 2013
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you....

“Wear white at night.”

Placitas, NM

#3040 Jan 31, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an agent of Satan. You are doomed to the eternal Hell fire. The Blood of Jesus against you.
No I'm not and no it is not. The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was dedicate this day to the greater glory of God and then I made some coffee. I washed all my clothes over the last several days and put the better half, nothing threadbare or stained, into bins. Now all I have to do is try on the jeans and keep a few pair for myself and put the rest in the bins and take the whole shebang to the mission for sorting to benefit the poor, first by selling what we can at the flea market and then giving the remainder away.

I've got a really nice leather jacket but it doesn't scream Christian charity. It screams motorcycle gang. Thirty bucks easy.

Anyway, what have you been up to besides making a complete and total ass of yourself?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3041 Jan 31, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs
25 There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.
Really? This is all ya got? No thought process on your own......good to know.......I won't expect anything but brainwashed crap from ya!!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#3042 Jan 31, 2013
Yesterday day I was in the Hostpial talking to people. One lady was going under the knife for heart trouble. Before that we pray for her 15 minutes later on the nurse's bought her back to her room. We walk back into her room and her family was there, they told me that she didn't need to go under the knife. I ask what happen to her, they said the doctor's said she was heal 100% and they don't know what happen to her.
I know what happen to her, God heal her yesterday right there in the Hostpial. It goes to prove that God is in control of the life of His children. Praise be to God, thank you Jesus for healing that lady.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3043 Jan 31, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? This is all ya got? No thought process on your own......good to know.......I won't expect anything but brainwashed crap from ya!!!
cant improve on Gods word it is clear so no need for my commentary.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#3044 Jan 31, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not and no it is not. The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was dedicate this day to the greater glory of God and then I made some coffee. I washed all my clothes over the last several days and put the better half, nothing threadbare or stained, into bins. Now all I have to do is try on the jeans and keep a few pair for myself and put the rest in the bins and take the whole shebang to the mission for sorting to benefit the poor, first by selling what we can at the flea market and then giving the remainder away.
I've got a really nice leather jacket but it doesn't scream Christian charity. It screams motorcycle gang. Thirty bucks easy.
Anyway, what have you been up to besides making a complete and total ass of yourself?
The last part of this comment, you tell me does it sound like a real Christian talking in kindness? I don't think so, it sound like a lost soul, that have been brainwash to believe in lies and it does show. Ask me 15th why did you tell those lies to God for??

“Wear white at night.”

Placitas, NM

#3045 Jan 31, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you....
Does that mean you're going to change your evil ways and start acting like a Christian? You've got a real problem with lying. I guess I'll pray the Holy Spirit leads you to truth.

“Wear white at night.”

Placitas, NM

#3046 Jan 31, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Yesterday day I was in the Hostpial talking to people. One lady was going under the knife for heart trouble. Before that we pray for her 15 minutes later on the nurse's bought her back to her room. We walk back into her room and her family was there, they told me that she didn't need to go under the knife. I ask what happen to her, they said the doctor's said she was heal 100% and they don't know what happen to her.
I know what happen to her, God heal her yesterday right there in the Hostpial. It goes to prove that God is in control of the life of His children. Praise be to God, thank you Jesus for healing that lady.
Personal testimony is not evidence, especially when it comes from an arrogant compulsively lying fake preacher.

“Wear white at night.”

Placitas, NM

#3047 Jan 31, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> The last part of this comment, you tell me does it sound like a real Christian talking in kindness? I don't think so, it sound like a lost soul, that have been brainwash to believe in lies and it does show. Ask me 15th why did you tell those lies to God for??
You should know by now I don't give a flying duck what you think and neither does anyone else.

“Wear white at night.”

Placitas, NM

#3048 Jan 31, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> The last part of this comment, you tell me does it sound like a real Christian talking in kindness? I don't think so, it sound like a lost soul, that have been brainwash to believe in lies and it does show. Ask me 15th why did you tell those lies to God for??
What lies? Don't you think that leather jacket is worth thirty bucks? I happen to think it is.

“No stalking allowed.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3049 Jan 31, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Look, hon, the Catholic Church does not teach only from the Bible. It also has Sacred Tradition as well as Sacred Scripture.
The Authority is the Church, not the Bible.
BTW, the Bible is a Catholic document.
I know, that is why I reject it.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does God Hate? 12 hr Cujo 145
God has Granted Repentance that Leads to Life -... 14 hr Sheriff Joe 529 14
My Dream 1, part 1 and 2, the meaning? May 22 rickpilgrim 1
The People's Lounge (Mar '09) May 22 Roadie 4,441
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) May 22 RiccardoFire 199
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) May 21 religiousnuts 191
News New figures show debt crises are growing across... May 19 nanoanomaly 1