Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3010 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be the geriatric token white guy.
Your beard is light, not dark.
I know which one you are now!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3011 Jan 30, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. The Blood of Jesus against you!
A 'dollarsbill' with no cents.......

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3012 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I have learned a lot more about the Catholic faith these past three or four years just looking up things on Catholic websites to better explain the faith.
And, that part that I post often about our Moral Conscience so well explains God and how He can reach anyone.
:)
Berna and I were just chit chatting on the bus ride home and I mentioned that Padre thinks a lot like I do but sometimes messes up some technical details like the other day when he said a prophecy in Jeremiah was written fifteen hundred years before the birth of Jesus when it says at the very beginning of Jeremiah:'In the days of Josias', which puts Padre off by about eight hundred years. Berna's been a practicing Catholic all her life and remarked she doesn't really know much about the Bible and I told her everything we need to know will be found in Padre's sermons. A lot of people thank God often for putting that Padre in our midst including yours truly. Of course we don't do that when he's around.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3013 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>A 'dollarsbill' with no cents.......
The Blood of Jesus against you Satan.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3014 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>A 'dollarsbill' with no cents.......
You will learn. Do you have loved ones?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3015 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Berna and I were just chit chatting on the bus ride home and I mentioned that Padre thinks a lot like I do but sometimes messes up some technical details like the other day when he said a prophecy in Jeremiah was written fifteen hundred years before the birth of Jesus when it says at the very beginning of Jeremiah:'In the days of Josias', which puts Padre off by about eight hundred years. Berna's been a practicing Catholic all her life and remarked she doesn't really know much about the Bible and I told her everything we need to know will be found in Padre's sermons. A lot of people thank God often for putting that Padre in our midst including yours truly. Of course we don't do that when he's around.
That's true.
When growing up Baptist, I was taught in church and Sunday School the Baptist viewpoint on scripture/faith.
And, in going to Mass for so long before converting, I learned about the Catholic faith in Mass and I can't leave out helping my children along the way for their own Catholic faith.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3016 Jan 30, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You will learn. Do you have loved ones?
I will learn nothing from you.
I already know pretty much what you believe.
I was once a fundie too.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3017 Jan 30, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Blood of Jesus against you Satan.
This is silly.
You have no power over me or anyone else except yourself.

What weak faith you must have.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3018 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Your beard is light, not dark.
I know which one you are now!
I had to take another look. I don't have a beard but I can see how the light might make it appear so. Heck, I even got a haircut Monday so I wouldn't look too much like Albert Einstein. When I did have a beard I kind of looked like Charlie Manson. I also noticed that right at 0:37 Laura crosses behind that Luis Carlos guy so at that one point the four of us are in the same frame, Viejo and I just barely. Berna's about as wide as she is tall so she's going to give up sweets for Lent and I'm going to quit smoking by the grace of God.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3019 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to take another look. I don't have a beard but I can see how the light might make it appear so. Heck, I even got a haircut Monday so I wouldn't look too much like Albert Einstein. When I did have a beard I kind of looked like Charlie Manson. I also noticed that right at 0:37 Laura crosses behind that Luis Carlos guy so at that one point the four of us are in the same frame, Viejo and I just barely. Berna's about as wide as she is tall so she's going to give up sweets for Lent and I'm going to quit smoking by the grace of God.
Got it now!
I was wrong before but now I know where you are in the video.
Good luck with quitting smoking.
I can't.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3020 Jan 30, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you can't follow the Bible does not mean I can't.
I can understand the bible just fine.......I don't follow it because it's NOTHING more than words from men who wanted to CONTROL the masses....Constantine was the first Roman emperor to support Christianity and become Christian. From the time of Constantine, Christianity became an accepted Roman religion......and it was under his authority that he had the Priest set the standard of what would be practiced under HIS CHRISTIAN BELIEFS.

Maybe you should do some studying on Religion in general and understand that Christianity was the reason Jesus was KILLED!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3021 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Got it now!
I can't.
I can't quit smoking either but drawing on the faith of the people surrounding me I think I've got a fighting chance. Withdrawal is an ugly thing so I've clued Gloria into the fact that if I lash out at her it won't really be me doing the talking. I haven't raised my voice to anyone for quite some time so maybe I can keep that too under some degree of control. In the not too distant future I'll be asking you to pray for me. I hope that's OK.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3022 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't quit smoking either but drawing on the faith of the people surrounding me I think I've got a fighting chance. Withdrawal is an ugly thing so I've clued Gloria into the fact that if I lash out at her it won't really be me doing the talking. I haven't raised my voice to anyone for quite some time so maybe I can keep that too under some degree of control. In the not too distant future I'll be asking you to pray for me. I hope that's OK.
You already are in my prayers, but, yes, that is okay with me.:)

I might try to quit smoking for Lent as well.
I will let you know how I do.
I think you just really have to want to, and I have never really wanted to I guess.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3023 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Got it now!
I can't.
Pretty cool, huh? You probably remember the incident of my first date nearly fifty years ago with that racist chickadee from Opelika, Alabama. I've pretty much been a champion of oppressed minorities ever since.

Thank God for Opelika.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3024 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You already are in my prayers, but, yes, that is okay with me.:)
I might try to quit smoking for Lent as well.
I will let you know how I do.
I think you just really have to want to, and I have never really wanted to I guess.
Aren't you out there in Terbackee Country somewhere? It's not you, it's them that don't want you to quit.

You should know by now it's no sweat getting this entire congregation praying for your success. That should help.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3025 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty cool, huh? You probably remember the incident of my first date nearly fifty years ago with that racist chickadee from Opelika, Alabama. I've pretty much been a champion of oppressed minorities ever since.
Thank God for Opelika.
LOL

My first date was with an enlisted dude who transferred to Germany, so I dated local guys a few times. Ended up going back to dating soldiers and ended up marrying one.

A, gasp, Yankee. lol

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3026 Jan 30, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you out there in Terbackee Country somewhere? It's not you, it's them that don't want you to quit.
You should know by now it's no sweat getting this entire congregation praying for your success. That should help.
Nope, I live in peanut land.
Half the world's crop of peanuts grow in a hundred mile radius of where I live.

I need all the help I can get in quitting smoking, for sure!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3027 Jan 30, 2013
Correction: maybe a third
Still, that's a lot of peanuts.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3028 Jan 30, 2013
Good night all!
Sleep well.
15th Dalai Lama

Placitas, NM

#3029 Jan 30, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Correction: maybe a third
Still, that's a lot of peanuts.
Holy mackerel, I've been having so much fun I didn't realize it's past midnight, Mountain Standard. I think I'll hit the sack and see if the Holy Spirit has anything to say about tossing our shared demon into a mess of peanuts or pigs and marching them into the sea.
Goodnight Nettiebelle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 1 hr Barmsweb 485
Scripture 1 hr Barmsweb 134
The Moral Failure Of Christians 1 hr Barmsweb 181
Why christians think they're so much better tha... (Jul '08) 2 hr Nara 111
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 18,768
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security (Sep '15) 4 hr 0smius 4,024
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 4 hr Allen Richards 175
More from around the web