Bible Facts and Promises, Study!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#2532 Jan 20, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Unclean meant unclean in heart, not sexual orientation. The unclean are those who don't preach what God/Christ taught.
God and Christ were NOT against homosexuality NOR abortion. This is the biggest charge against born again evangelism that they are NOT Christian, but a political cult created to get wedge issues sided with the republicans to make the rich richer..nothing more, nothing less.
Someone have been tell you a bunch of lies like Satan. This comment only tells me who is controlling your life and that is Satan!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2533 Jan 20, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Someone have been tell you a bunch of lies like Satan. This comment only tells me who is controlling your life and that is Satan!!
Lying for Jesus..........

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2538 Jan 20, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:2 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Really? Does this mean they shouldn't tell lies to one another? like they do with the womenfolk?
Gay men DON'T lie with a woman, so how can the scripture be discussing them?

Remember that during the war with the Canaanites, raping the captured Warrior was a way to humiliate them and break their fighting spirits......this is what I believe God was speaking of.

Today, only those who enjoy bashing Gays with the bible use that verse, but ignore the rest of the chapter and claim it doesn't apply to them......well, guess what....if Leviticus DOESN'T apply to you.....THEN it DOESN'T apply to Gay or Lesbians.

I know your mind can't think on it's own......but unless you, who claim you are a Christian follow the bible cover to cover and word for word, why should others have to live by the letter of the scripture? I mean if you don't, why should I, when I don't believe in that book?

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2540 Jan 20, 2013
To night when you get ready to go to bed dear old Dad, take a good look at your family. Ask your self this question "Will they be left behind with you" (Matthew 24:40-42). It will be a grave-bursting rescue scene and a "catching away" of the living people of God--all in the twinkling of an eye!!
Jesus said that men with totally sin-filled hearts and whose thoughts are only evil continually won't know what hit them Jesus is coming! He is coming to raise the dead in Christ! He is coming to translate those with faith in God, which is our righteousness!
God the Father knows the time. He is watching. He is seeing. He is grieving in His heart over a world that has gone astray. It has caused Him to regret that He has let man desecrate the earth--His earth. But thank God, there is more Jesus tells us so, in His Fathers Bible.....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2541 Jan 20, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Someone have been tell you a bunch of lies like Satan. This comment only tells me who is controlling your life and that is Satan!!
Imaginary boogie men control nothing.

Location hidden

#2542 Jan 20, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
To night when you get ready to go to bed dear old Dad, take a good look at your family. Ask your self this question "Will they be left behind with you" (Matthew 24:40-42). It will be a grave-bursting rescue scene and a "catching away" of the living people of God--all in the twinkling of an eye!!
Jesus said that men with totally sin-filled hearts and whose thoughts are only evil continually won't know what hit them Jesus is coming! He is coming to raise the dead in Christ! He is coming to translate those with faith in God, which is our righteousness!
God the Father knows the time. He is watching. He is seeing. He is grieving in His heart over a world that has gone astray. It has caused Him to regret that He has let man desecrate the earth--His earth. But thank God, there is more Jesus tells us so, in His Fathers Bible.....
With some 85% of the US population being Christian, not too hard to see who caused the world to go astray.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2543 Jan 20, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>Leviticus 18:2 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Really? Does this mean they shouldn't tell lies to one another? like they do with the womenfolk?
Crikey!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2544 Jan 20, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Come up hither.
----------

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

----------

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2545 Jan 20, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
There is no 'left behind' since there is no separate Rapture.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2546 Jan 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>There is no 'left behind' since there is no separate Rapture.
PROVE IT!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2547 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>PROVE IT!
Read the Gospel accounts and get back to us if you're still confused.

Preacherman? Still confused? What could I possibly have been thinking?

Matthew 24
Luke 17
QED

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2548 Jan 21, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Gospel accounts and get back to us if you're still confused.
Preacherman? Still confused? What could I possibly have been thinking?
Matthew 24
Luke 17
QED
Were have you been? and you better have a good reason! You couldn't get me confused on your best day sonny!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2549 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>PROVE IT!
The Rapture

Premillennialists often give much attention to the doctrine of the rapture. According to this doctrine, when Christ returns, all of the elect who have died will be raised and transformed into a glorious state, along with the living elect, and then be caught up to be with Christ. The key text referring to the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17, which states, "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord."

Premillennialists hold, as do virtually all Christians (except certain postmillennialists), that the Second Coming will be preceded by a time of great trouble and persecution of God’s people (2 Thess. 2:1–4). This period is often called the tribulation. Until the nineteenth century, all Christians agreed that the rapture—though it was not called that at the time—would occur immediately before the Second Coming, at the close of the period of persecution. This position is today called the "post-tribulational" view because it says the rapture will come after the tribulation.

But in the 1800s, some began to claim that the rapture would occur before the period of persecution. This position, now known as the "pre-tribulational" view, also was embraced by John Nelson Darby, an early leader of a Fundamentalist movement that became known as Dispensationalism. Darby’s pre-tribulational view of the rapture was then picked up by a man named C.I. Scofield, who taught the view in the footnotes of his Scofield Reference Bible, which was widely distributed in England and America. Many Protestants who read the Scofield Reference Bibleuncritically accepted what its footnotes said and adopted the pre-tribulational view, even though no Christian had heard of it in the previous 1800 years of Church history.

Eventually, a third position developed, known as the "mid-tribulational" view, which claims that the rapture will occur during the middle of the tribulation. Finally, a fourth view developed that claims that there will not be a single rapture where all believers are gathered to Christ, but that there will be a series of mini-raptures that occur at different times with respect to the tribulation.

This confusion has caused the movement to split into bitterly opposed camps.

The problem with all of the positions (except the historic, post-tribulational view, which was accepted by all Christians, including non-premillennialists) is that they split the Second Coming into different events. In the case of the pre-trib view, Christ is thought to have three comings—one when he was born in Bethlehem, one when he returns for the rapture at the tribulation’s beginning, and one at tribulation’s end, when he establishes the millennium. This three-comings view is foreign to Scripture.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture

Location hidden

#2550 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Were have you been? and you better have a good reason! You couldn't get me confused on your best day sonny!
Ha, you are confused even without him trying to confuse you.

So who else "famous" is in your imaginary ancestry?

Batman & Robbin?

Jesus?

Mickey Mouse?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2551 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
When reading your post some funny ideas came to my mind.
Everybody I know has daydreams, a lot of time every day is about daydreaming, and sometimes relating to that; speculations of more negative nature.
Without our daydreams I believe that most of us would find life unbearable boring or hopeless.
When it comes to religious belief we can also see a strong element of daydreams and speculations, a kind of common platform for daydreams, attempting to turn the negative speculations into the more positive by the promises given by the scriptures.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2552 Jan 21, 2013
We can run all we want, but God still knows were you are at all times. We can believe in God any way we want, but at the end we will see the truth and it will not be the way we think. Every word we say or the things we do to other God can hear or see the things we do. And you can count on one thing we will face God and that day isn't to far away.........

Location hidden

#2553 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
We can run all we want, but God still knows were you are at all times. We can believe in God any way we want, but at the end we will see the truth and it will not be the way we think. Every word we say or the things we do to other God can hear or see the things we do. And you can count on one thing we will face God and that day isn't to far away.........
And I'll take my spiritual experiences with God, and what has been shown to me, over your insane man made mythology any day.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2554 Jan 21, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I am running the fastest I can but my mind and my daydreams and sorrows will follow me all the way.
I can work the hardest I can to make my daydreams come thru and to win over my sorrows.
Living in the arctic zone we can daydream about strolling under the sun and under the palms.
Work hard, by a ticket and go there, make your dreams come thru!
Work for realism, and leave the dreams of triumph and revenge over to the cold arctic winds.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2556 Jan 22, 2013
Our personal sins have destroyed the only bridge to heaven, but God's grace has reconstructed it!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2557 Jan 22, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Our personal sins have destroyed the only bridge to heaven, but God's grace has reconstructed it!
God never destroys any means to get/go to Him.
Salvation is open to all, and God loves all, even before they love Him.
The way to God is always open to everyone.
Yes, sin is offensive to God; yet, God is all about mercy and forgiveness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the pauline paradox 1 hr Ben Avraham 105
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr Ben Avraham 1,695
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 3 hr Barmsweb 2,467
Faith during hard times 7 hr Scientist 114
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 7 hr Frindly 1,686
The truth is difficult, I understand. 8 hr Jake999 64
George Washington and the duty of prayer 8 hr Big Al 18
More from around the web