How do deal with Athiests & Gay Troll...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#109 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
I'm sorry lying gas atheists do not dictate what the Bible means. The passsge posted does NOT say that a man MUST marry a virgin. As I said the passage states what happens when a woman claims to be a virgin but is not!
Yes, it does state that the girl must be a virgin. Back then females where property that was sold. The girls (around 9 years old) where sold as virgins and if they where not the family had to return the money and the girl was valueless so they killed her rather than fed her.
You really do not understand your bible do you?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#110 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
{?QUOTE]
<><
The dietary laws were abrogated by Jesus, Mar 7:1-23, reiterated in Acts 10:3-15, Romans 14:1-4, and 1 Cor 10:23-29.
<><
So you have not proved me wrong on anything.
[QUOTE who="End Quote"]
<><
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the ACTUAL quotes. I want people here to see how wrong you are.
<><
I have provided the references. If you think they don't prove that the dietary laws were abrogated, then you must prove it!

On Mark 7:19

Origen Commentary on Matthew Book XI
http://ccel.org/fathers2/ANF-10/anf10-47.htm#...

and especially when, according to Mark, the Saviour said these things "making all meats clean,"[98]

US 62 @ US 81

#111 May 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it does state that the girl must be a virgin. Back then females where property that was sold. The girls (around 9 years old) where sold as virgins and if they where not the family had to return the money and the girl was valueless so they killed her rather than fed her.
You really do not understand your bible do you?
<><
Thank you for your unsupported opinions! PLease show me the precise words which state that a man MUST marry a virgin! Note what your proof text actually says.
<><
Deu 22:13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,
<><
It does not say MUST it says IF! If a man ... hate her.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#112 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Thank you for your unsupported opinions! PLease show me the precise words which state that a man MUST marry a virgin! Note what your proof text actually says.
<><
Deu 22:13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,
<><
It does not say MUST it says IF! If a man ... hate her.
It says the girl must be a virgin.
Do you often fantasize about 9 year olds?

US 62 @ US 81

#113 May 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It says the girl must be a virgin.
Do you often fantasize about 9 year olds?
<><
Since you brought it up, you must fantasize about 9 year old girls. Please show me the words in Deut 22:13-14 which requires a man to marry a virgin? Just saying "Neener, neener, neener I'm right and you're wrong! Am too! Nuh Huh!" does not prove it.
Thinking

Decatur, GA

#114 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
<quoted text>
<><
I have provided the references. If you think they don't prove that the dietary laws were abrogated, then you must prove it!
and especially when, according to Mark, the Saviour said these things "making all meats clean,"[98]
You need to read that in its context.

Mark 7 along with Matthew 15 is about: Not ceremonially washing your hands before you end doesn't make you unclean. Jesus would not get on them about breaking the commandments for God to do the tradition of men and turn right around and do the same exact thing and tell them to break Gods commandments and eat whatever they please. No where in either of those chapters was the issue even about eating clean vs unclean foods, it specifically states the issue is about:

Matthew 15
New King James Version (NKJV)
Defilement Comes from Within

15 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 He answered and said to them,“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

and

Mark 7

7 Then the Pharisees and some of the scribes came together to Him, having come from Jerusalem. 2 Now when[a] they saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault. 3 For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands in a special way, holding the tradition of the elders

But please reread all of them in its context and you will see we have been taught falsely to think we can east whatever we please as Christians.

-----
Mark 7, Matt 15: Just explained to you

Acts 10: About not calling Gentiles unclean

Acts 15: About circumcision not being required for salvation

Romans 14: About not judging others, but the issue was about fasting and feast days, not any argument about dietary laws or Sat vs Sun worship)

Col 2: About not letting others judge for actually keeping the Sabbath and Dietary laws

1 Tim 4: To give thanks before you eat(Pork and other unclean foods were never considered food, so once again there is no example in the Bible of Jews giving thanks for unclean foods)
----

I know you will respond back with a ignorant or rude comment and I don't mind as I used to do the same when someone confronted me on this same topic.

US 62 @ US 81

#115 May 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="Allen Richards][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE who="End Quote][/QUOTE]
<><
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read that in its context.
Mark 7 along with Matthew 15 is about: Not ceremonially washing your hands before you end doesn't make you unclean. Jesus would not get on them about breaking the commandments for God to do the tradition of men and turn right around and do the same exact thing and tell them to break Gods commandments and eat whatever they please. No where in either of those chapters was the issue even about eating clean vs unclean foods, it specifically states the issue is about:
Matthew 15
15 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 He answered and said to them,“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?
and
Mark 7
7 Then the Pharisees and some of the scribes came together to Him, having come from Jerusalem. 2 Now when[a] they saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault. 3 For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands in a special way, holding the tradition of the elders
But please reread all of them in its context and you will see we have been taught falsely to think we can east whatever we please as Christians.
-----
Mark 7, Matt 15: Just explained to you
Acts 10: About not calling Gentiles unclean
Acts 15: About circumcision not being required for salvation
Romans 14: About not judging others, but the issue was about fasting and feast days, not any argument about dietary laws or Sat vs Sun worship)
Col 2: About not letting others judge for actually keeping the Sabbath and Dietary laws
1 Tim 4: To give thanks before you eat(Pork and other unclean foods were never considered food, so once again there is no example in the Bible of Jews giving thanks for unclean foods)
----
I know you will respond back with a ignorant or rude comment and I don't mind as I used to do the same when someone confronted me on this same topic.
<><
Thank you for your copy/paste from some anti-Christian site. Simply saying this verse is about "something" without showing how it proves that and at the same time proves the opposite interpetation cannot be true. You have not done that.
<><
For example you claim that 1 Tim 4 is about "To give thanks before you eat." That is partially true but it also shows that ALL creatures, NOT just clean animals, are good.
<><
1Ti 4:3-5
(3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
(4) For EVERY CREATURE of God is good, and NOTHING to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
(5) For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
<><
If Paul wanted to teach gentiles not to eat what was considered unclean, here is where he would have made that clear. I will be waiting for your further clarification. OBTW I do my own work.

US 62 @ US 81

#116 May 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
... Acts 15: About circumcision not being required for salvation ...
<><
You claim that Acts 15 is only about "circumscision not being required for salvation" but the requirements that Paul, James and the Jerusalem council decided on did not even mention circumcision. But of the four requirements, three are about food, "abstain from pollutions of idols,... and from things strangled, and from blood."
<><
If Paul wanted gentile Christian to observe all OT dietary laws here is where it should be stated. These requirements are repeated three times and never once does Paul mention clean and unclean animals.
<><
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
<><
Act 15:19-20
(19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
(20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
<><
Act 15:28-29
(28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
(29) That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
<><
Act 21:24-25
(24) Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.
(25) As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.
Thinking

Decatur, GA

#117 May 5, 2013
If gentiles are only top be held accountable for the 4 things said in Acts 15, then since Paul was silent on other issues, you can now worship other Gods, lie, steal, and covet since gentiles are only accountable to those 4 things.

My info was not a cut and paste from a anti Christian website. I read everyone of those chapters in there context, unlike most of Christianity that takes 1 verse and runs with it...I read the verses before an after.

If you read Matt 15 and Mark 7 side by side there is no doubt that Jesus is talking about ceremonial hand washing and not washing your hands before you eat doesnt make you unclean.

As for 1 Tim 4 and ALL CREATURES, God gave us a list of creatures that is to be food in Leviticus. You wouldn't eat a snake or a rat, so why all off a sudden is the other unclean animals now clean.

Jesus teachings always triumphs Paul's teaching and Paul never went against Jesus teaching, it is just Christians that have twisted Paul's teaching to their own liking.

Im a Christian as well, but I am looking at the bible in it proper context now

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#118 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
This does not say that a man MUST marry a virgin. This is what happens when a woman claims to be a virgin but is not.
<><
Still waiting for proof of the lies whcuh ahve been posted, Eating shellfish is not an abomination. Wearing mixed fabric was not an abomination. A woman showing her hari was not an abomination! The claim was that the three things were an abomination!
Scroll up. Been there, proved that. Sorry you missed it.

US 62 @ US 81

#119 May 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If gentiles are only top be held accountable for the 4 things said in Acts 15, then since Paul was silent on other issues, you can now worship other Gods, lie, steal, and covet since gentiles are only accountable to those 4 things.
<><
You claim to be a Christian and you post infantile garbage like this. If you had read the NT you would have known that Paul addresses the full range of sins in various parts of the NT. Here are a few examples.
<><
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
…
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
…
Gal 5:19-21
(19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
(20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
(21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
<><
My info was not a cut and paste from a anti Christian website. I read everyone of those chapters in there context, unlike most of Christianity that takes 1 verse and runs with it...I read the verses before an after.
<><
If you have read the Bible in context why did you not know about the scriptures I cited in the previous answer?
<><
If you read Matt 15 and Mark 7 side by side there is no doubt that Jesus is talking about ceremonial hand washing and not washing your hands before you eat doesnt make you unclean.
<><
Merely saying this does not disprove my argument. It includes but is not limited to that.
<><
As for 1 Tim 4 and ALL CREATURES, God gave us a list of creatures that is to be food in Leviticus. You wouldn't eat a snake or a rat, so why all off a sudden is the other unclean animals now clean.
<><
More infantile garbage, about rats and snakes. There is something called common sense. The NT was also written to gentiles and unless Paul and the other NT writers told them, gentiles would not have known about clean and unclean animals and other Jewish laws. Read Acts 15 Paul and the council only mentioned not eating blood, things strangled and things offered to idols they said nothing to the gentiles about clean and unclean animals.
<><
Jesus teachings always triumphs Paul's teaching and Paul never went against Jesus teaching, it is just Christians that have twisted Paul's teaching to their own liking.
Im a Christian as well, but I am looking at the bible in it proper context now
<><
Evidently you are not looking at the Bible in its proper context because you don’t seem to know that gentiles would not know anything about clean and unclean animals, or other Jewish laws. You have not offered any proof that anything has been twisted!
<><
You are right Paul’s writings never trump the words of Jesus. Let us read Mar 7:19
<><
NASB Mar 7:19 because it goeth not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught?[This he said,] making all meats clean.
<><
The word translated “clean” is “katharizon” it means to cleanse. Eating food does NOT make anything clean unless it was already clean. Not in the body and certainly not in the waste product. What Jesus “said” made ALL foods clean.
<><
Origen [A.D. 185-230-254] Commentary on Matthew Book XI
…
Thinking

Decatur, GA

#120 May 5, 2013
Well here is a website that counters your argument.

Did Jesus Declare All Foods Clean?
http://www.biblelight.net/unclean-foods-jesus...

It is not biased either, it just compared scriptures of Matthew 15,Mark 7 & 1 Tim 4 sided by side and is 100% proof those words were added those words into Mark 7:19. If Jesus or Paul taught against the Torah to break it and eat unclean foods they would have been labeled false teachers and no one would have listened to them. Since Jesus never sinned, he followed the law which included not eating unclean foods. Pork and shellfish could make you super sick back then, so i know for sure they didnt eat it or tell others to eat it as well.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#121 May 5, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
This does not say that a man MUST marry a virgin. This is what happens when a woman claims to be a virgin but is not.
<><
Still waiting for proof of the lies whcuh ahve been posted, Eating shellfish is not an abomination. Wearing mixed fabric was not an abomination. A woman showing her hari was not an abomination! The claim was that the three things were an abomination!
"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:"
Leviticus 11:10
That would include shellfish.

"You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together." Leviticus 19:19
Everybody who wears a poly/cotton T shirt is doomed to hell!

"For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered."
1 Corithians 11:6

US 62 @ US 81

#123 May 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Well here is a website that counters your argument.
Did Jesus Declare All Foods Clean?
http://www.biblelight.net/unclean-foods-jesus...
It is not biased either, it just compared scriptures of Matthew 15,Mark 7 & 1 Tim 4 sided by side and is 100% proof those words were added those words into Mark 7:19.
<><
I do not have discussions with links! You have ignored everything I said without proving anything! The one early church father, Origen, who quotes Mark 7:19 says "according to Mark, the Saviour said these things "making all meats clean," NOT "purged" but "clean." The opinion of your anonymous website does not disprove this! The word katharidzo, cleanse, occurs 29 times in the NT and it always means "to cleanse" NOT "purge!"
If Jesus or Paul taught against the Torah to break it and eat unclean foods they would have been labeled false teachers and no one would have listened to them. Since Jesus never sinned, he followed the law which included not eating unclean foods. Pork and shellfish could make you super sick back then, so i know for sure they didnt eat it or tell others to eat it as well.
You do not "know for sure" about anything Paul or Jesus did unless it is stated in the Bible. Where did Jesus or Paul tell gentiles to follow the clean/unclean laws of the OT? Unless Paul or the other disciples told them not eat shellfish, etc. the gentiles would not have known anything about the OT laws. The only dietary laws given to the gentiles, by Paul, James and the Jerusalem council, was do not eat blood, things starngled, or things offered to idols. If the gentiles were required to referain from unclean animals, seafood etc. it would have to be stated in Acts 15,and 21. It was not and it is not stated anywhere in the NT!
<><
In 1 Tim 4:4-6, when Paul said "EVERY creature of God is good, and NOTHING to be refused", gentiles would have understood that exactly as written. They had no knowledge of any clean and unlcean creatures!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#124 May 6, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
I'm sorry lying gas atheists do not dictate what the Bible means. The passsge posted does NOT say that a man MUST marry a virgin. As I said the passage states what happens when a woman claims to be a virgin but is not!

Sad because a female hymen can and is broken without the female having any kind of sex.Most hymens are gone by the time a girl reaches her teen years. To bad for her it's time to stone her to death.

That's okay science can fix that now. Want to be a virgin again is as easy as making an appointment. Hymenoplasty procedure is a surgery that allows a woman to become a virgin again. It repairs the hymen to look and feel like a virgin.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#125 May 6, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad because a female hymen can and is broken without the female having any kind of sex.Most hymens are gone by the time a girl reaches her teen years. To bad for her it's time to stone her to death.
That's okay science can fix that now. Want to be a virgin again is as easy as making an appointment. Hymenoplasty procedure is a surgery that allows a woman to become a virgin again. It repairs the hymen to look and feel like a virgin.
The christian cult likes to break their hymen before they become teens

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#127 May 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You should have ALL your posts like that. Blank.

Otherwise you are just wasting perfectly good Topix space with your sewage.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#128 May 6, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
I do not have discussions with links! You have ignored everything I said without proving anything!
Bahahahahahahahahahaha...

What's the matter liddle crybaby, don't like it when someone copies YOUR MO of ignoring everything others say, without proving anything. Right Mr. Bulk Wrap?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#129 May 6, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't mention virgin boys or the "Doc" will show up here. Like a moth to a flame.

US 62 @ US 81

#130 May 7, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahahahahahahahahaha...
What's the matter liddle crybaby, don't like it when someone copies YOUR MO of ignoring everything others say, without proving anything. Right Mr. Bulk Wrap?
<><
Recite this mantra few times. Elf Gopher Cures

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do you really believe in a god? 22 min Allen Richards 598
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 56 min TheLordsAnointed 13
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr Big Al 1,320
happiness does not exist 2 hr Barnsweb 10
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr Barnsweb 170
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 3 hr Big Al 8,211
Evidence Against God 3 hr Doubting Thomas 3,780
More from around the web