Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1878 Apr 25, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly is that on their website, nothing is stated about this...makes me wonder if it's an isolated case directly to the family...
My assumption is that few knew what was going on...
"A jury convicted the Schaibles of involuntary manslaughter in the January 2009 death of their 2-year-old son, Kent. The boy's symptoms had included coughing, congestion, crankiness and a loss of appetite. His parents said he was eating and drinking until the last day, and they had thought he was getting better. The Schaibles were sentenced to 10 years' probation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/herb...

It seems that a lot of people, including local law enforcement, knew about these sick scumbags.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1879 Apr 25, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
One can argue this until the cows come home. I have seen some amazing things happen due to the power of prayer. You can deny it or try to 'mathematically' convince yourself that it happened because of odds or whatever...that's what unbelievers/skeptics do...
It's been stated on TOPIX over and over by many different individuals actually seeing prayer healing someone...
Coincidence? We don't think so...GOD is at work...
Hindus have seen some amazing things happen too when they pray to Ganesh, Vishnu, Krishna, etc. Does that then affirm the existence of their gods?

The God of Abraham hasn't done anything or proved himself or revealed himself in any way that is any different from the gods of other religions.

The same anecdotes you cite as evidence of your God's existence are as equally valid as those from other people who worship other gods.

Either ALL the gods who grant wishes and perform miracles exist, or none of them do.

Obviously, none of them do.
little lamb

Australia

#1880 Apr 25, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
One can argue this until the cows come home. I have seen some amazing things happen due to the power of prayer. You can deny it or try to 'mathematically' convince yourself that it happened because of odds or whatever...that's what unbelievers/skeptics do...
It's been stated on TOPIX over and over by many different individuals actually seeing prayer healing someone...
Coincidence? We don't think so...GOD is at work...
Its useless throwing pearls before swine..because scripture states , they turn around and rip you open.

I believe that Gods house , his people , are to be a house of prayer.

And I believe Jesus said ' if we have faith the size of a mustard seed , we could tell a mountain to move into the sea, and it would be done for us, and he went on to say : nothing would be impossible for us'

but I wouldn't bother trying to share that with scoffers..but there should be other Christians on this forum , that you can share with and encourage one another's faith...
little lamb

Australia

#1881 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
"A jury convicted the Schaibles of involuntary manslaughter in the January 2009 death of their 2-year-old son, Kent. The boy's symptoms had included coughing, congestion, crankiness and a loss of appetite. His parents said he was eating and drinking until the last day, and they had thought he was getting better. The Schaibles were sentenced to 10 years' probation."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/herb...
It seems that a lot of people, including local law enforcement, knew about these sick scumbags.
And????

Jesus disciples tried to heal a boy and failed to..???
little lamb

Australia

#1882 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindus have seen some amazing things happen too when they pray to Ganesh, Vishnu, Krishna, etc. Does that then affirm the existence of their gods?
The God of Abraham hasn't done anything or proved himself or revealed himself in any way that is any different from the gods of other religions.
The same anecdotes you cite as evidence of your God's existence are as equally valid as those from other people who worship other gods.
Either ALL the gods who grant wishes and perform miracles exist, or none of them do.
Obviously, none of them do.
Well he certainly doesn't have to prove himself to you does he???

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1883 Apr 25, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>So have I NDanger.......
So have Hindus. In fact, there have been more recorded miracles by Hindus than any other religious group in the past 100 years. So why are you not a Hindu?

I once saw an Indian fakir conjure a snake from out of a rock. It couldn't possibly have been a magic trick, therefore it had to be a miracle. Therefore the Hindu gods are just as real as yours.

Of course I am being sarcastic. There was a trick, but I couldn't figure it out. Just because I couldn't explain how it was done doesn't mean it was "real" magic.

Millions of children believe that Santa Claus is real. They write a letter, send it to the North Pole, and wake up Xmas morning to gifts under the tree.

How could you possibly prove to those kids that Santa Claus isn't real? By torturing their parents to admit that THEY put the gifts there? Everyone knows that torture isn't an effective method for finding the truth, so how do you do it?

Eventually those kids come to realize that their parents were indeed putting the gifts there all along, and they understand that Santa Claus is a myth. Your belief in God is different from a child's belief in Santa Claus in two ways - your parents never admitted to you that's it's all made up, and you were never intelligent enough to figure it out for yourself.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1884 Apr 25, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its useless throwing pearls before swine..because scripture states , they turn around and rip you open.
I believe that Gods house , his people , are to be a house of prayer.
And I believe Jesus said ' if we have faith the size of a mustard seed , we could tell a mountain to move into the sea, and it would be done for us, and he went on to say : nothing would be impossible for us'
but I wouldn't bother trying to share that with scoffers..but there should be other Christians on this forum , that you can share with and encourage one another's faith...
Ironically, YOU are the swine. The atheists on this forum have been sharing pearls of wisdom, but your stubborn and blind adherence to your fairy tales precludes you from understanding that your faith is based on myths and legends, none of which are true.

I can prove that gravity, not God, is what keeps the Earth and its moon in proximity.

Can you prove that your God answers prayers? Can you prove that EVERY prayer answered by EVERY person of EVERY faith was answered by your God, and not some other?

Can you explain why your God would pretend to be Dhanvantari, and why he would heal a sick Hindu child?

Or maybe it's Satan pretending to be Dhanvantari. If so, then why would Satan heal a sick child if he is pure evil? And since when does Satan have the power to heal?

Can you prove that your God exists, and that no other gods do? If you can I'd like to see your proof.
little lamb

Australia

#1885 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
So have Hindus. In fact, there have been more recorded miracles by Hindus than any other religious group in the past 100 years. So why are you not a Hindu?
I once saw an Indian fakir conjure a snake from out of a rock. It couldn't possibly have been a magic trick, therefore it had to be a miracle. Therefore the Hindu gods are just as real as yours.
Of course I am being sarcastic. There was a trick, but I couldn't figure it out. Just because I couldn't explain how it was done doesn't mean it was "real" magic.
Millions of children believe that Santa Claus is real. They write a letter, send it to the North Pole, and wake up Xmas morning to gifts under the tree.
How could you possibly prove to those kids that Santa Claus isn't real? By torturing their parents to admit that THEY put the gifts there? Everyone knows that torture isn't an effective method for finding the truth, so how do you do it?
Eventually those kids come to realize that their parents were indeed putting the gifts there all along, and they understand that Santa Claus is a myth. Your belief in God is different from a child's belief in Santa Claus in two ways - your parents never admitted to you that's it's all made up, and you were never intelligent enough to figure it out for yourself.
So what ..the magic Priests of Egypt were able to do a couple of magic tricks with snakes as well..didn't mean the Egyptians had the right religion..
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1887 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do you know that for sure? Can you prove that 2+2 is 4?
I can prove that 2+1=14.
In Britain there was only one day between September 2, 1752 and September 14, 1752. Do you know why?
Because Britain was still using the Julian calendar although the rest of continental Europe had already adopted the Gregorian calendar.
The day after September 2, 1752 in Britain was September 14, 1752.
Hence, 2+1=14.
So, if 2+1=14, and 14 is larger than 4, how can you prove that 2+2=4?


Which explains why many British like to wear powdered wigs and cross dressed.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1888 Apr 25, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. He's saying that God is unnecessary when it comes to the good things that come from religion. Maybe you should learn to read before you say things.


Yet he believed in a higher power which goes by different names to different people.. We call that power God, Einstein called him the Old One.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1889 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you stop molesting children?


More importantly, when are you going to stop molesting children and domestic animals?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1890 Apr 25, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was raised Jewish and gradually became an atheist. Seems simple enough.
Liar and that seems simple enough. too.

"I want to know how God created this world. I'm not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details."
From E. Salaman, "A Talk With Einstein," The Listener 54 (1955), pp. 370-371, quoted in Jammer, Max, Einstein and Religion (Princeton University Press, 1999)p. 123.

LGK

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1891 Apr 25, 2013
when jesus took a dump, is that the origin of the term "H0LY S-H-I-T"? praise jesus.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#1892 Apr 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar and that seems simple enough. too.
"I want to know how God created this world. I'm not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details."
From E. Salaman, "A Talk With Einstein," The Listener 54 (1955), pp. 370-371, quoted in Jammer, Max, Einstein and Religion (Princeton University Press, 1999)p. 123.
“Thus I came - though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents - to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking…”- Albert Einstein, excerpt from Albert Einstein's Autobiographical Notes, 1979

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them." — Albert Einstein, letter, handwritten in German to Eric Gutkind in January 1954

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being. " - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner, Jr., September 28, 1949
little lamb

Australia

#1893 Apr 25, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
“Thus I came - though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents - to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking…”- Albert Einstein, excerpt from Albert Einstein's Autobiographical Notes, 1979
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them." — Albert Einstein, letter, handwritten in German to Eric Gutkind in January 1954
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being. " - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner, Jr., September 28, 1949
Yet in the song of moses was the prophesy , of what curses would fall upon the Jews if they didn't keep covenant...and whether you like it or not..Jehovah god chose Jacob as one of his witnesses..

and all the curses he said that would fall upon them for breaking covenant , has happened ..and its there for a witness to the whole world ..down to being arrayed in sack cloth, and having a brand...

We Christians on the other hand have been grafted into the real Israel of God, because our God is a covenant God, and we have entered a new covenant Jeremiah foretold..

and God writes his Laws in our hearts and minds and promises us to be his people, and he will be our God...So we boast in the Holy One of Israel...and would not want a life without our God being with us.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1894 Apr 25, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
“Thus I came - though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents - to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking…”- Albert Einstein, excerpt from Albert Einstein's Autobiographical Notes, 1979
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them." — Albert Einstein, letter, handwritten in German to Eric Gutkind in January 1954
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being. " - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner, Jr., September 28, 1949
The fact that he didn't believe in a personal god does not mean he didn't believe in a higher power.

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."
Prince Hubertus zu Löwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#1895 Apr 25, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its useless throwing pearls before swine..because scripture states , they turn around and rip you open.
I believe that Gods house , his people , are to be a house of prayer.
And I believe Jesus said ' if we have faith the size of a mustard seed , we could tell a mountain to move into the sea, and it would be done for us, and he went on to say : nothing would be impossible for us'
but I wouldn't bother trying to share that with scoffers..but there should be other Christians on this forum , that you can share with and encourage one another's faith...
As soon as you have something more compelling than "the Bible says the Bible is true, therefore it's true," let us know. Until then, it goes on the same shelf as the Torah, the Koran, the Upanishads, and every other religious text that has ever been.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#1896 Apr 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that he didn't believe in a personal god does not mean he didn't believe in a higher power.
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."
Prince Hubertus zu Löwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer
That "higher power" was the workings of the universe. Spinoza's God. Not some supernatural being.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#1897 Apr 25, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet in the song of moses was the prophesy , of what curses would fall upon the Jews if they didn't keep covenant...and whether you like it or not..Jehovah god chose Jacob as one of his witnesses..
and all the curses he said that would fall upon them for breaking covenant , has happened ..and its there for a witness to the whole world ..down to being arrayed in sack cloth, and having a brand...
We Christians on the other hand have been grafted into the real Israel of God, because our God is a covenant God, and we have entered a new covenant Jeremiah foretold..
and God writes his Laws in our hearts and minds and promises us to be his people, and he will be our God...So we boast in the Holy One of Israel...and would not want a life without our God being with us.
You do know that the Watchtower is a cult, right?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#1898 Apr 25, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
“Thus I came - though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents - to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking…”- Albert Einstein, excerpt from Albert Einstein's Autobiographical Notes, 1979
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them." — Albert Einstein, letter, handwritten in German to Eric Gutkind in January 1954
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and our own being. " - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner, Jr., September 28, 1949
They ignored it when I posted it. Expect no better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm here with the answers/salvation is possible... 7 min Ol Fuddy Duddy 8
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 16 min NDanger 855
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 1 hr janeebee 1,519
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr purplelady1040 595
"God wanted women in the home in this time" 1 hr Ol Fuddy Duddy 14
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Cookie_Parker 13,784
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,181

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE