“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

London, UK

#2568 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no empirical evidence for a natural cause for the Big Bang.
I never mentioned the cause of the big bang. Re-read my previous comment, this is what I said.

"There is empirical evidence supporting the big bang."

IMHO no one knows for sure what caused it. Scientists admit they cannot be sure of the cause. People like you make absolute claims based on dogma and superstition. BTW Keltec, I think we have done this dance before
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no empirical evidence for Hawkings' M theory. There is no empirical evidence for spontaneous creation of life from non living matter.
Are you an expert in these areas? In fact do you know anything at all about them? No? Neither do I. So AFAIAC discussing them is utterly pointless.
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's something superstitious people invoke to explain things they do not understand and does not explain anything.
Thank you, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the proper instrument, a head without the blinders of naturalism might be a good start.
How does accepting something on the basis of religious faith help our understanding of the world around us?
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the main centres of resistance to Fr Georges Lemaître's scientifically rational theory was Cambridge. There were two reasons why the cosmologists at Cambridge University seemed to recoil at Lemaître's proposition - namely the fact that they happened to prefer the "steady state" theory and also because they appeared determined to hold onto the atheistic "eternal universe" concept.
http://areluctantsinner.blogspot.com/2011/09/...
And....?

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#2569 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman" ~Author Unknown
Love it!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2570 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same thing he would do to someone that claimed life began randomly from non living matter.
Yea, he would punch them in the face.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2571 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no empirical evidence for a natural cause for the Big Bang. There is absolutely no empirical evidence for Hawkings' M theory. There is no empirical evidence for spontaneous creation of life from non living matter. It's something superstitious people invoke to explain things they do not understand and does not explain anything.
As far as the proper instrument, a head without the blinders of naturalism might be a good start.
"One of the main centres of resistance to Fr Georges Lemaître's scientifically rational theory was Cambridge. There were two reasons why the cosmologists at Cambridge University seemed to recoil at Lemaître's proposition - namely the fact that they happened to prefer the "steady state" theory and also because they appeared determined to hold onto the atheistic "eternal universe" concept.
http://areluctantsinner.blogspot.com/2011/09/...
The cosmic background radiation is radiation left over from early development of the universe, and is a landmark proof of the Big Bang theory.

And much much more...

http://www.scienceandreason.net/oq/oq-co008.h...

London, UK

#2573 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman" ~Author Unknown
Oh the irony, a Catholic commenting on morality.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2575 May 19, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The total number of tattoos on a person is a field of study too.
I disagree that life was randomly created from non living matter and I use the word 'random' to differentiate from a planned creation by an intelligent designer.
Then that would merely be "naturalistic," not random. Random is an expression of predictability, not whether something was planned or unplanned. The opposite of planned is unplanned. The opposite of designed is non-designed. Here's an idea: use words properly. Sloppy word choice reveals the sloppiness of one's thoughts.
downhill246 wrote:
Can you show one instance of life being randomly created from non living matter? Just one. Didn't think so.
Can you show one instance of life being created by a magical wizard? Just one. Didn't think so.

We know life on Earth is composed of elements found on Earth. We know that the elements found on Earth can naturalistically combine in ways that form the building blocks of life. We have evidence to demonstrate these things. We have ZERO evidence that supports the magical poofing method that you advocate. How is "God did it with magic" a useful explanation of ANYTHING?
downhill246 wrote:
"The belief that life on earth arose spontaneously from non-living matter, is simply a matter of faith in strict reductionism and is based entirely on ideology."
Nuclear physicist and bioinformatician Dr. Hubert P. Yockey
Claiming that something is utterly unknowable (which is what Yockey says about the origins of life) is itself utterly unknowable.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2576 May 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, before you make a decision, he already knows what your decision will be. And, you are powerless to make any other decision, because if you acted in contradiction to his foreknowledge, he wouldn't be omniscient. But, because you can only make the decisions he already knows you will make via his omniscience, your free will is merely an illusion.
THINK!!!!!!!
You're powerless to alter the decision you will eventually make, but you still freely chose it!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2577 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
THINK!!!!!!!
You're powerless to alter the decision you will eventually make, but you still freely chose it!
That's the most retarded post yet.

Obviously you CAN'T think. That's why you're a Christian.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2578 May 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists exist. Atheists are demonstrable. God is not demonstrable. There is no rational reason to accept the claim that God exists. Same goes for Santa Claus.
Know what the difference between God and Santa Claus is? Most parents never tell their kids God isn't real.
THE REAL SANTA CLAUS:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-...

Dutch immigrant children brought to the America their stories of St. Nicholas.
Their "Sinterklas" evolved into "Santaclaus".
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2579 May 20, 2013
PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW SOMETHING CAN CREATE ITSELF FROM NOTHING BEFORE IT EXISTS!
..........and "evidence"????? God controls the evidence and wants to keep life's test alive.

London, UK

#2580 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW SOMETHING CAN CREATE ITSELF FROM NOTHING BEFORE IT EXISTS!
..........and "evidence"????? God controls the evidence and wants to keep life's test alive.
A straw man argument won't help you buffoon.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2581 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
THINK!!!!!!!
You're not free to choose that which you have no choice but to choose. That's an ILLUSION of free will, not actual free will.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2582 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
If we can't explain X, then God did it.

How is that not exactly an argument from ignorance?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2583 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
THE REAL SANTA CLAUS:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-...
Dutch immigrant children brought to the America their stories of St. Nicholas.
Their "Sinterklas" evolved into "Santaclaus".
And Santa Claus has as much evidence supporting his existence as God has supporting his.

Location hidden

#2585 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
How did God create himself when nothing existed?

If God always existed, then how did he come into existence?

And what was God doing for those billions of years before he created the heavens and the Earth?

Location hidden

#2586 May 20, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
You're really quite stupid. Your post makes no sense.

Once again, you cannot assume that if "something" created the universe that that "something" is your God.

Maybe it was Zeus, or Krishna. Can you prove it wasn't either of those gods?

Well, since you can't prove that Zeus didn't create the universe, then we have to conclude that he did. That's your own twisted logic shoved right back in your face, you moron.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2587 May 20, 2013
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
A straw man argument won't help you buffoon.
Explain "straw man argument".
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2588 May 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Santa Claus has as much evidence supporting his existence as God has supporting his.
ST. NICHOLAS OF MYRA:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/early-s...
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2589 May 20, 2013
WAS ST. NICHLAS A REAL PERSON?:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/real-pe...
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#2590 May 20, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
How did God create himself when nothing existed?
If God always existed, then how did he come into existence?
And what was God doing for those billions of years before he created the heavens and the Earth?
I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS SO WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT!
No matter which way you look at it something had to have always existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can This Be Believed Or Not, And If Yes Or No T... 3 min blacklagoon 1
Before The Big Bang 7 min janeebee 3,596
News Calling people cockroaches: limits of acceptabl... 13 min Old GT 4
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 14 min blacklagoon 190
“For god so loved the world” 25 min Old GT 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min isfahan 3,005
Jews are the Children of Satan 48 min truthandcommonsense 13
God's name is Yahweh 2 hr Just the Truth 44
WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT STATE of ISRAEL 16 hr Why 36
More from around the web