How is Christianity the religion from...

How is Christianity the religion from God if...

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 17, 2014
(*Full subject: How is Christianity the religion from God if God changes not?)

Malachi 3:6
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

What was Adam's religion? and how could there be a *new* religion (Christianity) from God if God changes not?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 17, 2014
AAAM wrote:
(*Full subject: How is Christianity the religion from God if God changes not?)
Malachi 3:6
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
What was Adam's religion? and how could there be a *new* religion (Christianity) from God if God changes not?
He didn't change. He foretold the "New Covenant".

Jeremiah 31:31-32 (NKJV)
31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.
dollarsbill

Ashburn, VA

#3 Jul 17, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't change. He foretold the "New Covenant".
31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.
you need to wash up

What the Bible says about Wet Dreams

Deuteronomy 23:10-11
If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chanceth him by night, then shall he go abroad out of the camp, he shall not come within the camp. But it shall be, when evening cometh on, he shall wash himself with water: and when the sun is down, he shall come into the camp again.

Location hidden

#4 Jul 17, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
What the Bible says about Wet Dreams
Just like your mama. "Wet Dreams". See how STUPID you are ChristineM?
dollarsbill

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Just like your mama. "Wet Dreams". See how STUPID you are ChristineM?
you have wet dreams about jesus?

Location hidden

#6 Jul 17, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
you have wet dreams about jesus?
I have a beautiful wife. I don't need to dream.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#7 Jul 18, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
Greetings, Sir,

I didn't ask about the new covenant but about a new religion. The original religion would have been the one given to Adam. How can Jesus have a different religion than Adam if God changes not?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 18, 2014
Technically, Jesus followed the religion of his ancestors if you read theNT.

He wasnt a christian.

And for the record, that "religion" that Adam followed, wasnt Islam lol.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#9 Jul 18, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
He wasnt a christian.
I find myself in rare agreement with you. Jesus was born a Jew and followed Jewish custom and religious practice. He did not, however, blindly follow the intolerant religious dogma of his time. He preached do unto others (and that included heretic Samaritans and pagan Romans and Greeks) as you would have them do unto you because he understood that "we are all bozos on the same bus" regardless of what we believe or don't believe.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 18, 2014
AAAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, Sir,
I didn't ask about the new covenant but about a new religion. The original religion would have been the one given to Adam. How can Jesus have a different religion than Adam if God changes not?
Adam was long gone when Moses came on the scene. Also before the Son of God became flesh and dwelt among us. Yes things changed. A lot. Christians don't execute sinners.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 18, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
He wasnt a christian.
Lygerian doesn't have a clue about anything. OT or NT.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jul 18, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Lygerian doesn't have a clue about anything. OT or NT.
This is dollarsbill speak for "I cant address what you're saying, so I'll just include a personal attack"

Yep lol. FACT remains that Jesus followed the "religion" of his ancestors. Thats why he celebrated passover as well as the feast of tabernacles
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Jul 18, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I find myself in rare agreement with you. Jesus was born a Jew and followed Jewish custom and religious practice. He did not, however, blindly follow the intolerant religious dogma of his time. He preached do unto others (and that included heretic Samaritans and pagan Romans and Greeks) as you would have them do unto you because he understood that "we are all bozos on the same bus" regardless of what we believe or don't believe.
Most of Jesus' teaching is based off the OT.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 19, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
This is dollarsbill speak for "I cant address what you're saying, so I'll just include a personal attack"
Yep lol. FACT remains that Jesus followed the "religion" of his ancestors. Thats why he celebrated passover as well as the feast of tabernacles
FACT: Jesus said you're DAMNED. Why would any Christian want advice from you???

Location hidden

#15 Jul 19, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of Jesus' teaching is based off the OT.
Of course. He is the Author.

Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

“Right Makes might”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#16 Jul 19, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke,

-------->>> though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.
An abusive husband. Beating love into his peoples." I love you so I beat you!" POV of a socio-path, and the ones who hopelessly love them.

“Right Makes might”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#18 Jul 19, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. He is the Author.
Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Oh so he physically wrote the OT texts? Pen them himself? I wonder if he had to scratch things out...like any actual writer/author would...? Misspellings? Hmm...left notes in the margins...?

Did he also write down an actual canon of what was to be in the OT? Cause there seems to be some discrepancy as to what is In and what is Out.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 19, 2014
Scurge wrote:
<quoted text>An abusive husband. Beating love into his peoples." I love you so I beat you!" POV of a socio-path, and the ones who hopelessly love them.
Jude 1:23 (NKJV)
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

I don't want you to burn FOREVER.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 19, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
wipe, brown stuff
ChristineM, can't you control your family?

Location hidden

#21 Jul 19, 2014
Scurge wrote:
<quoted text>Oh so he physically wrote the OT texts?
Authors don't print their books. DUH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK is a Masonic police state (fact) 16 min Melchizedek 1
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 1 hr LORD THE MOUNT ROCK 227
Religious Freedom 1 hr LORD THE MOUNT ROCK 111
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 6 hr River Tam 165
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 7 hr Sceptical_Mal 19,897
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 9 hr 2all 2,571
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 12 hr Big Al 238
More from around the web