The "existence" of Satan exposes the ...

The "existence" of Satan exposes the absurdity of Christianity

Posted in the Christian Forum

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 28, 2013
I do not believe that Satan exists, but all Christians do.

I have asked over a hundred Christians the following questions about Satan, and not one has been able to answer them satisfactorily.

Instead of a straight and honest answer, I've gotten irrelevant Bible verses, admonitions that my soul is in danger of hellfire, and various responses in which I was called the spawn of Satan or the devil himself.

So, to any and all Christians who attempt to answer these questions, please know in advance that I know that NONE of you can answer these questions, simply because your insistence in the existence of Satan proves that the Christian faith is based upon an absurdity that cannot be reconciled or explained.

For those Christians who are not cowards, here are the questions:

If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel? How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?

If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?

I look forward to the onslaught of stupid, insipid, and evasive replies.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#2 Apr 29, 2013

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 29, 2013
Sceptical_Mal wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nBmkor9WF0UXX
Hmmmm. No answers?
I think it's too advanced a topic for most Christians.
BPArnold

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jan 11, 2015
The Bible doesn't really give enough specific information about Satan so I can only really answer according to literature I've read but I'll give it a shot! Satan is said to have been the "most beautiful angel and second only to God." Since that is explained in "human terms" we can only understand it in that light and we've seen many instances throughout history when a high ranking person attempts usurp their superior. It is believed by many that Satan was the "choir leader" in heaven and, being so beautiful, he would've received great adoration from the other angels. Whereas, being in heaven means to be in God's very presence, the additional attention Satan received resulted in him seeing himself as separate from God resulting in an existential crisis!
Before being acknowledged as "special" by the other angels (and, perhaps, even God!), being in God's presence, was completely fulfilling and was experienced as complete and whole as does an unborn baby while in the womb of its mother; but, after being born, the infant is separated from its mother for the 1st time and later, upon realizing itself as a separate being, forms an "ego" as a result of "individuation." This, I believe, is what happened with Satan! He sees himself as separate and even passed-along that belief to Eve, who told Adam, and humanity has believed that lie every since. We spend most of our lives feeling alone, afraid, and inadequate as did Satan only to realize, after our crossing-over, we were never alone or separated from God...
Except for when we choose, as did Satan, to choose accordingly
ManiacMagic

Apo, AE

#5 Jan 11, 2015
Here was my reasoning, prior to being de friended for not thinking like Mr Positive here :D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/Mani...
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/Mani...
Guess insecure people want to be agreed with and told how right they are where as secure people like to be challenged.
ManiacMagic

Apo, AE

#6 Jan 11, 2015
ManiacMagic wrote:
Here was my reasoning, prior to being de friended for not thinking like Mr Positive here :D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/Mani...
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/Mani...
Guess insecure people want to be agreed with and told how right they are where as secure people like to be challenged.
Sorry, part two http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/Mani...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 11, 2015
HighlyEvolved wrote:
I do not believe that Satan exists, but all Christians do.
I have asked over a hundred Christians the following questions about Satan, and not one has been able to answer them satisfactorily.
Instead of a straight and honest answer, I've gotten irrelevant Bible verses, admonitions that my soul is in danger of hellfire, and various responses in which I was called the spawn of Satan or the devil himself.
So, to any and all Christians who attempt to answer these questions, please know in advance that I know that NONE of you can answer these questions, simply because your insistence in the existence of Satan proves that the Christian faith is based upon an absurdity that cannot be reconciled or explained.
For those Christians who are not cowards, here are the questions:
If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel? How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?
If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?
I look forward to the onslaught of stupid, insipid, and evasive replies.
"HighlyEvolved" says it all. You're ignorant and arrogant.
witchie poo

Paris, TN

#8 Jan 12, 2015
HighlyEvolved wrote:
I do not believe that Satan exists, but all Christians do.
I have asked over a hundred Christians the following questions about Satan, and not one has been able to answer them satisfactorily.
Instead of a straight and honest answer, I've gotten irrelevant Bible verses, admonitions that my soul is in danger of hellfire, and various responses in which I was called the spawn of Satan or the devil himself.
So, to any and all Christians who attempt to answer these questions, please know in advance that I know that NONE of you can answer these questions, simply because your insistence in the existence of Satan proves that the Christian faith is based upon an absurdity that cannot be reconciled or explained.
For those Christians who are not cowards, here are the questions:
If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel? How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?
If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?
I look forward to the onslaught of stupid, insipid, and evasive replies.
because the bible is an allegory, a parable with a hidden meaning. When reading the bible the easily accessed story is the lie. the Christian god is the devil. Devi in sanscrit means Divine the devil was a god but stripped of his power, becoming the devil. satan means advisory and is a word used only to confuse. The Christian god is the one flawed and he corrupts the thinking of humans. That is his only power.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 12, 2015
witchie poo wrote:
<quoted text>
because the bible is an allegory, a parable with a hidden meaning. When reading the bible the easily accessed story is the lie. the Christian god is the devil. Devi in sanscrit means Divine the devil was a god but stripped of his power, becoming the devil. satan means advisory and is a word used only to confuse. The Christian god is the one flawed and he corrupts the thinking of humans. That is his only power.
Witchie hates Jesus. Jesus said witchie is DAMNED and will burn in Hell FOREVER. Poor witchie.
witchie poo

Paris, TN

#10 Jan 12, 2015
BPArnold wrote:
The Bible doesn't really give enough specific information about Satan so I can only really answer according to literature I've read but I'll give it a shot! Satan is said to have been the "most beautiful angel and second only to God." Since that is explained in "human terms" we can only understand it in that light and we've seen many instances throughout history when a high ranking person attempts usurp their superior. It is believed by many that Satan was the "choir leader" in heaven and, being so beautiful, he would've received great adoration from the other angels. Whereas, being in heaven means to be in God's very presence, the additional attention Satan received resulted in him seeing himself as separate from God resulting in an existential crisis!
Before being acknowledged as "special" by the other angels (and, perhaps, even God!), being in God's presence, was completely fulfilling and was experienced as complete and whole as does an unborn baby while in the womb of its mother; but, after being born, the infant is separated from its mother for the 1st time and later, upon realizing itself as a separate being, forms an "ego" as a result of "individuation." This, I believe, is what happened with Satan! He sees himself as separate and even passed-along that belief to Eve, who told Adam, and humanity has believed that lie every since. We spend most of our lives feeling alone, afraid, and inadequate as did Satan only to realize, after our crossing-over, we were never alone or separated from God...
Except for when we choose, as did Satan, to choose accordingly
the bible is an allegory, parable with a hidden meaning. god was at one time androgynous, both masculine and feminine energies. When the masculine became corrupted they split apart. He was stripped of his power and became the devil. the divine feminine (represented by the golem Eve in genesis) is the creator. the devil lied because he is jealous and wants all glory though he did not earn it. the bible is the double edged sword that protrudes from gesus mouth. It is the weapon of truth with lies. Gesus/jesus is the anti-Christ. The savioress is Tara, which means morning star. She is also known as Venus, goddess of love. Lucifer was the most beautiful. Lucifer is latin for morning star. Gesus claims to be the morning star but he is a thief.

the word satan is a word used in the bible to confuse the reader. It means advisory. The true words are Devi for the divine feminine and devil for the Christian god.
witchie poo

Versailles, IN

#12 Jan 12, 2015
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchie hates Jesus. Jesus said witchie is DAMNED and will burn in Hell FOREVER. Poor witchie.
gesus is a golem not a living man. he is the anti-Christ. you worship the devil

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 14, 2015
witchie poo wrote:
<quoted text>
gesus is a golem not a living man. he is the anti-Christ. you worship the devil
Witchie is filled with LYING Jesus hating demons leading witchie to the eternal fire.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Bye bye witchie, "forever".

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 14, 2015
Theoneandonly wrote:
<quoted text>
how did you enema treatments go? not well, I see you are still having online bowel movements.
Witchie and "dumbschit" together FOREVER.

Mark 14:21 (NKJV)
21 It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.
BPArnold

Shreveport, LA

#17 Jan 14, 2015
The Bible is allegorical but is also literal; however, it covers too great a span of time to include thorough details on every account.
In an infinite universe, dimensions will continue unfolding that have yet to appear. Dimensions intersect into virtual points fr which arises consciousness.
W consciousness comes intent & it was God's intent which poured into the dark womb of the Universe fr which arose awareness, like a sperm swimming to an egg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity 14 min Big Al 1,831
Longinus Chronicles - Fighting for Christ 57 min Blacklagoon 64
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 1 hr Jasonville 120
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 1 hr Big Al 611
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Jasonville 733
Faith during hard times 1 hr Jasonville 32
World War Two Veteran tells a story 2 hr -Prince Of Darkness- 6
More from around the web