Did King James Change Bible?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Chuck

New York, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2014
Did King James introduce concepts into the Bible?

Is it possible the whole thing is a misinterpretation or has been altered to suit King James?

Before the King James Bible, he published something called "the divine rights of kings" , it explained how God wanted kings to rule the world

The idea of Kings having rights granted by God: is that based on Bible from Hebrew language? or do these concepts only appear when they got translated in English?(or into other modern languages spoken by other monarchy type society

Is it possible that concepts like "Kingdom of Heaven" teaches us to think of heaven and God in a hiearcry monarchy sort of way?(read KingDOMINATION of heaven)

So are things really set out like that in Hebrew bible
or do we have a kings version of the bible? one best translated to suit him/one designed to teach people to think of bible concepts in a monarchy sort of way.

the God a Lord? LandLords?
KingDomination of Heaven?

(Or did any of these words get twisted to what they now mean today, King Lord and KingDom,)

I ask these questions from an ignorant perspective, im trying to learn i haven't decided any conclusions and im not pushing any theory. i would just like to hear more, especially from somebody who speaks Hebrew.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2014
Isaiah 11:12 (NKJV)
12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.

God's Banner is waving at you. Israel is back.
Chuck

New York, NY

#3 Jan 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
Isaiah 11:12 (NKJV)
12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.
God's Banner is waving at you. Israel is back.
How do you account for the Palestinian nation, which also is the seed of Abraham and also inherited the land they are occupying now?

Location hidden

#4 Jan 15, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you account for the Palestinian nation, which also is the seed of Abraham and also inherited the land they are occupying now?
Irrelevant. Israel is back.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#5 Jan 15, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Is it possible the whole thing is a misinterpretation or has been altered to suit King James?
Before the King James Bible, he published something called "the divine rights of kings" , it explained how God wanted kings to rule the world
The idea of Kings having rights granted by God: is that based on Bible from Hebrew language? or do these concepts only appear when they got translated in English?(or into other modern languages spoken by other monarchy type society
Is it possible that concepts like "Kingdom of Heaven" teaches us to think of heaven and God in a hiearcry monarchy sort of way?(read KingDOMINATION of heaven)
or do we have a kings version of the bible? one best translated to suit him/one designed to teach people to think of bible concepts in a monarchy sort of way.
(Or did any of these words get twisted to what they now mean today, King Lord and KingDom,)
I ask these questions from an ignorant perspective, im trying to learn i haven't decided any conclusions and im not pushing any theory. i would just like to hear more, especially from somebody who speaks Hebrew.
You are probably meaning the Greek New Testament .
A lot of European governing terms are copied from the Bible.
But Romans 13 might answer some of your question.
Chuck

New York, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant. Israel is back.
So is the Palestinian nation with Israel!

Since: Feb 10

Floyd, VA

#7 Jan 15, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you account for the Palestinian nation, which also is the seed of Abraham and also inherited the land they are occupying now?
The Palestinians are not a nation,they are a criminal tribe of nomads and vagabonds who has invaded and took land thru acts of terrorism that doesn't belong to them.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#8 Jan 15, 2014
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The Palestinians are not a nation,they are a criminal tribe of nomads and vagabonds who has invaded and took land thru acts of terrorism that doesn't belong to them.

That is a falsehood, Mr Coaldigger. Palestine has lived there for over a thousand years.

Floyd, VA

#9 Jan 15, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a falsehood, Mr Coaldigger. Palestine has lived there for over a thousand years.
Israelis has lived there for over 2000 years...and to say that Palestine is a nation or that Islam is a religion of peace is falsehood.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#10 Jan 15, 2014
Chuck wrote:
What the King James Bible means is that the translation work was done under the authority (or OK) of the government of England, King James. Earlier translations were done "illegally". King James did not do the translating. The scholars were able to work without fear of persecution.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Jan 15, 2014
The OKJV is generally reliable and I've found it to be very accurate. Offhand, I can think of 2 mistranslations. Exodus 22:28 "Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people". The word translated "gods" is Elohim and also means "judges". This translation would make more sense. Isaiah 7:14 "...Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emanuel". The Hebrew word translated "virgin" is almah and it simply means a young woman. It has nothing to do with virginity. I've seen multitudes of scripture fulfilled and the OKJV is remarkably accurate. The only discrepancies I've found is that things are plural when they should be singular. Other than that, in English it is the word of the living God.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2014
susanblange wrote:
The OKJV is generally reliable and I've found it to be very accurate.
Too funny!

Floyd, VA

#13 Jan 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny!
I know,she doesn't even take scriptures seriously,she just tosses them around on here like they come out of those Chinese fortune cookies.
She probably uses Go Fish playing cards as Tarot Cards too.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Jan 16, 2014
Chuck wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if King James tampered with it.

However, some people can't even obey the books that are in the KJV.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 16, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>That is a falsehood, Mr Coaldigger. Palestine has lived there for over a thousand years.
Don't you know that there were already Jews in Israel prior to 1948 too?

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#16 Jan 16, 2014
susanblange wrote:
The OKJV is generally reliable and I've found it to be very accurate. Offhand, I can think of 2 mistranslations. Exodus 22:28 "Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people". The word translated "gods" is Elohim and also means "judges". This translation would make more sense. Isaiah 7:14 "...Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emanuel". The Hebrew word translated "virgin" is almah and it simply means a young woman. It has nothing to do with virginity. I've seen multitudes of scripture fulfilled and the OKJV is remarkably accurate. The only discrepancies I've found is that things are plural when they should be singular. Other than that, in English it is the word of the living God.
Seek Jesus.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 16, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Who are the seed of Ishmael?

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek Jesus.
Jesus will lead those who believe in him into the bottomless pit of hell. Jesus has been reincarnated and is a thief and a liar. He will burst into flames when God returns from heaven on the Mount of Olives. Prophecy ends with Zechariah 14 and Jesus' followers will have the same fate as him. Jesus has sinned against the living God and he will not be forgiven. His new name is Bill Troetschel. Rev. 3:12. I call him Mr. Bill Treacherous.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#19 Jan 17, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know that there were already Jews in Israel prior to 1948 too?
So ?
The land has been Palestine for over a 1,000 years. They fought Richard the Lion Heart.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2014
Chuck wrote:
The Palestinians are not the seed of Abraham. They are the Philistines who were also Canaanites and descended from Ham, the middle son of Noah. Genesis 10:14. From Mizraim (Egypt) came "Philistim".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 min KAB 1,849
Jesus admitted he isn't God, so why do Christia... (Oct '11) 2 min Justice Leaguer 57
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 12 min Justice Leaguer 181
Dead Sea Scrolls Fail To Mention Jesus 49 min little lamb 42
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Justice Leaguer 20,321
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr ROG 9,309
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr KAB 5,734
Design, Nowhere Evident 6 hr messianic114 255
More from around the web