Why Christianity scares you!!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#119 Jun 14, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is a slight difference. Pedophiles admit they are sick, while you gays deny it. So know, the better part of recovery is admitting that you are sick.
You're terminally hateful. There's no cure for the rot in your black little heart.

For the record, not all pedophiles admit they are sick. The ones that refuse to admit it do something else - they become Christians.

Gay people aren't sick. If they are, then intersexed people are sick too. And if your God created intersexed people, then he created gay people as well.

I myself am not gay, but there is no denying that I fully support civil rights for gays, including the right to marry. I also supported the rights of blacks to vote in the 1960. Does that make me black?

You lost the argument when you accused me of being something I'm not. Once you employed the straw man argument you conceded that you're not a student of logic.

Location hidden

#123 Jun 14, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is a slight difference. Pedophiles admit they are sick, while you gays deny it. So know, the better part of recovery is admitting that you are sick.
LOL, nice try Poe. You just gave yourself away!

Location hidden

#124 Jun 14, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>You're terminally hateful. There's no cure for the rot in your black little heart.
For the record, not most gays and pedophiles admit they are sick. The ones that refuse to admit it do something else - they become gays and atheists.
Gay people are sick. What does being intersexed have to do when anything and yes that is a deformity. And if your devil created intersexed people, then he created gay people as well.
I myself think you are dumb, but there is no denying that you fully support civil rights for pedophiles, including the right to marry animals. You also supported the rights of children to be raped in the 1960. Does that make you evil?
You lost the argument when you accused me of being something I'm not. Once you employed the straw man argument you conceded that you're not a student of logic.
I call Poe. Who's with me?:)

Location hidden

#129 Jun 14, 2013
Stop-It-Now_ wrote:
<quoted text>I am the President of the 'Topix I don't have a life' club.
Happy birthday, Mr. President, happy birthday to you....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#132 Jun 14, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>I know, and so are flying pigs with wings. You can call that a fact too.
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bring your mother into this?
Just thought that was a funny retort and needs to be bumped up.

Location hidden

#133 Jun 14, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>You are confused and if you wish to engage in name calling, we can go there too.
If you want tolerance then you should go to a NAMBLA meeting, because Christians do not teach tolerance. In fact, God and Christ teach intolerance of all evil, all sin and all forms of worship that is not to Him.
And your "god" doesn't like liars either, but that doesn't seem to stop you any.

Location hidden

#135 Jun 15, 2013
Stop-It-Now_ wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares.
Presto! Forget the evidence. Claim the rocks are "upside down!" Those rocks just have no right to be sitting there, mute, weighing billions of tons, in a ridiculous posture, containing the wrong kind of fossils! Like many a clever defense attorney, just because the defendant is standing there, holding the gun, with the smoke still issuing forth, doesn't mean he was the one who pulled the trigger!
What kind of force would be required to superimpose massive layers of rock, weighing millions of tons, atop other layers? Why, the kind of forces which caused mountain-building; overthrusts, isoclines, synclines and geosynclines. When one sees twisted, tilted, and folded strata, which is clearly visible throughout the Swiss Alps, many other major mountain ranges, and in highway cuts in Southern California, one is seeing evidence of massive earthquakes on a scale never experienced in the history of mankind. Whenever a "younger" layer of rock is allegedly found beneath an "older" layer of rock, there is inescapable physical evidence which demonstrates how such an unusual phenomenon could have occurred. And, to be sure, there ARE cases where such things can and do occur. Such vast movement of massive regions of land would cause grinding, crushing destruction of the rocks closest to the moving layers, reforming them into "metamorphic" rocks, destroying most fossils. Certainly, there could not have survived such delicate fossil forms as worm tracks, ferns and leafs, ripple marks, and the like. Even a layman could look at two layers of rock, and determine if "slickensides," the polished rocks formed at the place where faulting and slippage of the rocks occurred, is present. But what if the layer of rock (stratum) containing the so-called "older" fossils, and the stratum containing the so-called "younger" fossils beneath it show absolutely no evidence of any twisting, faulting, or movement? What if there is perfect conformity between them?
Obviously, they were deposited just as you view them. Therefore, the assertion that the fossils below other fossils are younger than the fossils atop them--perhaps by countless millions of years--is simply false. Though evolutionists may claim they are somehow "out of order," or that we are viewing "deceptive conformity," we are actually seeing the fossils in their respective layers of rock reposing in the exact order in which they were deposited.
You and I know that when mud is deposited by flooding, then gradually hardens, it begins to crack. Then, it erodes. Animals walk about upon it. Wind blows. Summer storms come along. In other words, any deposits of alluvial soil, slowly drying as the water which carried it there recedes, will show obvious evidence of the passage of time. Especially when that time is assumed to be measured in the millions or even billions of years!
Evolution is a valid scientific theory.

Creationism is not.

There is a fourth type of rock that you failed to discuss: the dense mass of rock that is situated directly between your left ear and your right ear.

http://www.agiweb.org/news/evolution/fossilre...

Location hidden

#136 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Make up your mind, idiot, if God does not exist then those thing never happened in your mind. How funny, you assign a monster to something that you think does not exist.
Have you ever read a work of fiction? Besides the Bible, I mean.

There are villains in works of fiction, and it is perfectly valid to discuss them in the same ways we would discuss real people.

Consider Hannibal Lecter, from the Thomas Harris novels. I would argue that he is a demented, yet fascinating, character, who is vile and brutal yet possesses the ability to show mercy and compassion.

Does that therefore mean that he exists, or that I believe he exists?

Of course not.

Harry Potter is a beloved fictional character. Young people admire him, and have conversations about what would do in this or that conversation.

Does Harry Potter exist? Do all those young readers believe he exists?

Of course not.

Your God is a fictional character, as are Jesus and Moses and many other characters from your big book of myths and fables.

The value of the stories in the Bible is in the lessons they impart, NOT their historical veracity.

Everyone knows that Aesop's Fables are just stories, but no one doubts the wisdom contained in those stories.

Somewhere along the way the Bible was averred to be historically true and 100% inerrant, and since that time it has been used to cause more grief, misery, and destruction that it has been used to do good deeds.

That's why it's important for blowhards like you(not you specifically, since you're a Poe) to be taken down a few notches and exposed as the dangerous nutjobs they are.

You're just bad at being a Poe. That's YOUR sin!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#137 Jun 15, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a valid scientific theory.
Creationism is not.
There is a fourth type of rock that you failed to discuss: the dense mass of rock that is situated directly between your left ear and your right ear.
http://www.agiweb.org/news/evolution/fossilre...
You got a simple math equation wrong, do you really believe you're intelligent enough to have the universe figured out? lol Let me answer that for you!

NO!!!

lol

Flying_Spaghetti _Monster

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#138 Jun 15, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
You got a simple math equation wrong, do you really believe you're intelligent enough to have the universe figured out? lol Let me answer that for you!
NO!!!
lol
Amen. Praise the lawd. Intelligent people have the answer to every difficult question...goddidit.

Location hidden

#139 Jun 15, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You got a simple math equation wrong, do you really believe I'm intelligent enough to have the universe figured out? lol Let me answer that for you!
NO!!!
lol
Just as I figured.

Location hidden

#142 Jun 16, 2013
Stop-It-Now_ wrote:
<quoted text>That is what he said. You got a simple math question wrong, just as you figured.
If that was suppose to make sense, epic failure.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#145 Jun 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
THis is bizarre logic and self-serving nonsense you've been taught by pastors and Bible teachers, etc.
Most of us who argue against your brand of immature, fundamentalist Christianity are not "scared"at all, but puzzled at the irrational silliness that you guys believe.
Just logically, why would something "scare us" if it is inerrant and true?
If Christianity WERE obviously inerrant and true, wouldn't it CONVERT us, effortlessly PERSUADE us, win everyone over? And yet it DOESN'T, does it? And the answer your pastors give you is "Oh, well, they're scared, that's why!"
You should go back and ask Pastor Billy Bob for a much better answer.:)
Christianity doesn't scare people but Judaism does. Judaism teaches you have to be righteous and keep the covenant to go to heaven. People don't want to believe that, it's too difficult for them.

Location hidden

#146 Jun 22, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>It must have gone over your head, like 1+1=11.
Is that the best you can do?

It simply did not make any sense. Well, maybe since you are drunk most of the time and never make much sense yourself, you might think you understand it. Since it's one of your drunken socks anyway.

Why do you converse with your own socks anyway?

Location hidden

#148 Jun 22, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>You still have flashback growing up memories. No, Seen 1+1 is not 11 or 3. But, keep trying. Why do you troll your own socks and pretend like you have a thought? Oops, you lost another one.
You're in drunkspeak so early in the day, that's sad.
Thinking

San Jose, CA

#149 Jun 22, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in dogspeak so early in the day, that's sad.
What?

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#151 Jun 22, 2013
What's with all the what? What do you mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just A Talk With You Christians. 10 min Barmsweb 511
Bible Interpretation 16 min Barmsweb 1,638
Intelligent People Question Everything 27 min Barmsweb 915
gen 49: 27 29 min Barmsweb 639
What If God Was Non-Existent? 6 hr Seentheotherside 78
Why did Christ come to Earth? 6 hr Seentheotherside 807
The Moral Failure Of Christians 7 hr Seentheotherside 327
More from around the web