Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Jesus said the Father is the only true God!!!

John 17:1-3
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Jesus Prays for His Disciples

17 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said,[a]“Father...3 And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God,

Paul says yet to us there is one God the father.

1 Corinthians 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Paul say there is one God and Father.

6 one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.

Malachi 2;10 says we have one Father one God

Malachi 2:10

10 Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us?
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

While the word Trinity isn't in the bible, I kinda seem the whole concept of it to an extent. But I do agree there is one God, Jesus is greater than the father, was given power and authority by the father and he always points to the father as well.
Johnny Trunk

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
Hmmmmmm, the "trinity". So God "the spirit" who has the image of a human decides to clone himself by vaginally haunting a 12 or 14 year old female child and calling himself "the son of God". Then the clone Jesus, who is really God, prays to God the Father in heaven, but he's really praying to himself. Right before Jesus dies he screams out, "Father, why have you forsaken me?", but he was really yelling at himself for forsaking himself. Oh, and the resurrection was Jesus, who is really God, get reattached again.
OK..........
John>>
Jesus was not God.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

"Is the Trinity a true doctrine?"

YES!

There is one God eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These members form the Triune Godhead and are co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal.

The baptism of Jesus shows a clear example of the Trinity.

Matthew 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I could quote numerous verses that support the Trinity and the Deity of Jesus Christ but I'll just post a few.

Matthew 28:19- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 13:14- The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Colossians 2:9- For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Peter 1:2- Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

John 17:5- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jude 1:20-21
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Genesis 1:26- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

How To Be Saved According to the Word of God
http://www.soulwinning.info/tracts/how_to_be_...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
Jesus was not God.
John 8:58- Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Revelation 22:13- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

The Deity of Jesus Christ:
http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/deity.h...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Johnny Trunk wrote:
<quoted text>
John>>
Jesus was not God.
You don't believe Jesus is God, I do.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe Jesus is God, I do.
I don't believe Jesus is God either, but that's just my belief and it has no bearing on the beliefs of others, but then I also don't believe in the stories that were written and placed in a book people call the bible:-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Jesus is God either, but that's just my belief and it has no bearing on the beliefs of others, but then I also don't believe in the stories that were written and placed in a book people call the bible:-)
Hi NorCal. I hope all is well with you.

Will you check out these helpful links?

"How do we know the Bible is true?"
http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t003.h...

"How do we know that the Bible is the Word of God, and not the Apocrypha, the Qur’an, the Book of Mormon, etc.?"
http://www.gotquestions.org/which-book.html

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
"How do we know that the Bible is the Word of God, and not the Apocrypha, the Qur’an, the Book of Mormon, etc.?"
Evening Romans Road......hope today has found you in good spirits......I do appreciate your links and your beliefs in your faith, but I have live now for 50 years and I have gone through enough formalized religious training both as a Catholic and a Christian......and though I have a solid belief in God and what I believe is His words, but I have no use for that book you refer to as the bible and so therefore I respectfully decline to open these links, also I have already done so in the past and can see why you believe as you do.

Peace to you and yours:-)

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she will check out your links. I believe she passed your garbage up a long long time ago. She's been there and worked through it. Unlike you, she prefers to use her brain and come to her own conclusions about her own spirituality.
I don't mean to speak for her, but that is what I get from her posts. Could me wrong, but I am hoping not.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she will check out your links. I believe she passed your garbage up a long long time ago. She's been there and worked through it. Unlike you, she prefers to use her brain and come to her own conclusions about her own spirituality.
I don't mean to speak for her, but that is what I get from her posts. Could me wrong, but I am hoping not.
Actually John, you are rather spot on about my beliefs and I truly appreciate your comment:-)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each God. Trinity is as good as any term I've heard.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each God. Trinity is as good as any term I've heard.
lol

Now that is funny.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

And a lie.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
You're right.

The Trinity is One.
We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity.

The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire:
"The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is, i.e., by nature one God."

The divine persons are really distinct from one another.
"God is one but not solitary."

"Father," "Son," "Holy Spirit" are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:
"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."

They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin:
"It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."
The divine Unity is Triune.

(Catechism of The Catholic Church)

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
"Is the Trinity a true doctrine?"
YES!
There is one God eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These members form the Triune Godhead and are co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal.
The baptism of Jesus shows a clear example of the Trinity.
Matthew 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
I could quote numerous verses that support the Trinity and the Deity of Jesus Christ but I'll just post a few.
Matthew 28:19- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
2 Corinthians 13:14- The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Colossians 2:9- For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
1 Peter 1:2- Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
John 17:5- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Jude 1:20-21
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Genesis 1:26- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:14- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1 Timothy 3:16- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I am soooo sick of reading that lie about God from you spiritually ignorant buffoons. God has no special "son" as the Christian mythology lies about.

God is the vast and all powerful soul/spiritual energy Deity who creates, maintains, and controls the entire universe. For God is the living universe, and the universe is the living God.

God has no "parts", the universe has no "parts", it is all one God.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I am soooo sick of reading that lie about God from you spiritually ignorant buffoons. God has no special "son" as the Christian mythology lies about.
God is the vast and all powerful soul/spiritual energy Deity who creates, maintains, and controls the entire universe.

For God is the living universe, and the universe is the living God.
God has no "parts", the universe has no "parts", it is all one God.
So you think God is the creation and not the Creator?
You think the Universe is God and not of God?

Where did you get that idea? From upper Uranus?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
Oh, so now there's three clones.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so now there's three clones.
Wasn't that obvious? I mean remember your post from earlier......it was spot on from some of their perceptive......lol!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of183
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••