What will keep you from going to Heaven?
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#21 Jan 18, 2013
Sceptical_Mal wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been modified to suit today's society, it now reads as follows.
Do unto others before they do unto you.
Yea that's the law of the jungle pretty much.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#22 Jan 18, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure he knew which ones were the magic ones?
Don't know about any longhorn connection.
The Texas longhorn, it's what's for dinner.

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#24 Jan 18, 2013
Ant wrote:
After looking at many of these different forum topics, i have seen some postings saying that if you dont follow every last one the 10 commandments, you will go to hell etc(Mainly sabbath breaking). I have listed pretty much every verse you could find on who will not inherent the kingdom of heaven. Now can someone please show where not keeping a 7th day Saturday sabbath or Feast days keeps you out of going to heaven, since it has been stated many times that breaking this command will equal your doom.
==========
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:2-17
1 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
==========
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
-Its quiet clear its more you can do outside the 10 commandments that will also cause you not to go to heaven, but not resting from your works all day Saturday and going to church on Sunday is not listed anywhere.
Works alone cannot save you!
Faith alone will save you! For faith includes all the comm. you mentioned! And above all the commandments, first and foremost, one must repent and baptize: and only this saves a person. Not baptizing = not going to heaven.

Baptism
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...
Faith
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/faith-m...
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#25 Jan 18, 2013
Cliff09 wrote:
<quoted text>
Works alone cannot save you!
Faith alone will save you! For faith includes all the comm. you mentioned! And above all the commandments, first and foremost, one must repent and baptize: and only this saves a person. Not baptizing = not going to heaven.
Baptism
Faith
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/faith-m...
faith is good when it's based on a spiritual apprehension, but according to James, faith alone won't save you, it's mandatory that you do good works as well.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 19, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>faith is good when it's based on a spiritual apprehension, but according to James, faith alone won't save you, it's mandatory that you do good works as well.
Correction|: not according to James, but according to Jesus.

The Apostles mimic Jesus: they Preach his word.

JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
JOH 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Darius

Long Beach, CA

#27 Jan 19, 2013
Cliff09 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction|: not according to James, but according to Jesus.
The Apostles mimic Jesus: they Preach his word.
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Let's look at Eph. 2:8-10 By grace we are saved through faith...for we are HIS workmanship. Christ, our sacrifice, shed His blood for us "while we were yet in our sins" (1Cor. 15:17). It is not shed for those who "decide to repent." It was shed for us "while we were yet in our sins". Those who fill the master's house at the wedding feast are not those who willingly chose to come to the wedding: the Lord said...go out into the highways and hedges and COMPEL them to come in, that my house may be filled." Luke 14:23.

Who fills the master's house for the wedding? Those people who are COMPELLED and DRAGGED to the wedding. That is what Scripture teaches. We don't even contribute to the faith of our calling. "It is the gift of God." We are DRAGGED and COMPELLED to accept Christ. The Greek for compel here in Luke 14:23 is anagkazo-Strong's #315. It appears nine times in the N.T. and never has anything in common with the concept of "free will" or "free moral agency."
Frank

Four Oaks, NC

#28 Jan 19, 2013
Everyone will eventually have a portion in the world to come, including whites after they've been terminated from the earth and the Arabs and others after they've been sufficiently punished... however "heaven" will be here on earth and not in some magical far away place.

The idea that people will go to a flaming pit for all of eternity for not being perfect and committing finite "sins"(i.e., sin means "missing the mark) is stupid.

Shalom

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#29 Jan 19, 2013
Darius wrote:
Heaven is the sky above our heads where the birds fly free. And God feeds those billions of birds each and every day as they sing their praises to Him. God is so awesome!
No, "I" am Awesome. You must be new here not to know that.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#30 Jan 20, 2013
Frank wrote:
Everyone will eventually have a portion in the world to come, including whites after they've been terminated from the earth and the Arabs and others after they've been sufficiently punished... however "heaven" will be here on earth and not in some magical far away place.
The idea that people will go to a flaming pit for all of eternity for not being perfect and committing finite "sins"(i.e., sin means "missing the mark) is stupid.
Shalom
Frank: "The idea that people will go to a flaming pit for all of eternity for not being perfect and committing finite "sins"(i.e., sin means "missing the mark) is stupid."

So is the idea that a sociopath like yourself would have any say in what God will have happen on Earth, much less be One of His Chosen Elect.

Location hidden

#31 Jan 20, 2013
Sin means: to commit a act of which God disapproves.

Missing the mark means: to, while following the commandments of God, seriously, accidentally committing an act of which God disapproves. And thus it is no SIN for it has not been premeditated.

GOD IS NOT STUPID! CHRISTIAN (repented and baptised people) ARE NEIGHTER.

JOH 3: 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

REV 2: 11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
REV 20: 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
REV 20: 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

REV 20: 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
REV 20: 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
REV 20: 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

REV 20: 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
REV 20: 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

BORN AGAINWHAT ONE MUST TO TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN

Darius

Long Beach, CA

#33 Jan 20, 2013
Cliff09 wrote:
Missing the mark means: to, while following the commandments of God, seriously, accidentally committing an act of which God disapproves. And thus it is no SIN for it has not been premeditated.
JOH 3: 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
REV 2: 11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
REV 20: 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
I love it, it works every time I tell the truth. They bring out the Revelation passages to clobber you with and they don't even understand what they're reading. It's a sign of their own desperation and insecurity. Right Cliff?
danielle

Saint Albans, UK

#34 Jan 20, 2013
common sense?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#35 Jan 20, 2013
Is your posting a fake missing child notice and attempting to pass it off as your own a sin, cliff?

www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian/TF3923...
Cliff09 wrote:
Frank

Clinton, NC

#36 Jan 20, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank: "The idea that people will go to a flaming pit for all of eternity for not being perfect and committing finite "sins"(i.e., sin means "missing the mark) is stupid."
So is the idea that a sociopath like yourself would have any say in what God will have happen on Earth, much less be One of His Chosen Elect.
You're simply speaking from personal opinion. You dislike me because of my doctrine, that's all. If I was a white boy talking about magical horned devils and so forth, you'd be perfectly fine with me. Each to their own.

And no, I'm not a "sociopath". I probaly do more for my community than you could ever hope to do for yours, believe that.

And while I refuse to fully trust white people, there are several whom I consider friendly aquaintances, including my elderly white neighbors to whom I'm very kind---you don't know me, devil.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#37 Jan 20, 2013
If you're Poeing playing the race card is disgusting.
If you're not, you're just a retard. All races have those.
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You're simply speaking from personal opinion. You dislike me because of my doctrine, that's all. If I was a white boy talking about magical horned devils and so forth, you'd be perfectly fine with me. Each to their own.
And no, I'm not a "sociopath". I probaly do more for my community than you could ever hope to do for yours, believe that.
And while I refuse to fully trust white people, there are several whom I consider friendly aquaintances, including my elderly white neighbors to whom I'm very kind---you don't know me, devil.
Frank

Clinton, NC

#38 Jan 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If you're Poeing playing the race card is disgusting.
If you're not, you're just a retard. All races have those.
<quoted text>
No, I don't play the "race card" and I'm far from retarded.

I just call it how I see it Mr. Internet tough-guy.

Shalom
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#39 Jan 20, 2013
allahu akbar.
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom
Frank

Clinton, NC

#40 Jan 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
allahu akbar.
<quoted text>
no.
Frank

Clinton, NC

#41 Jan 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
allahu akbar.
<quoted text>
But then again, perhaps you should practice saying "allahu akbar" and the such--it might come in Handy, I hear the Muhammadans are taking parts of Europe over. No?

Shalom
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#42 Jan 21, 2013
Yes, and the reds are taking over SE Asia. You must do something. And your slaves will murder you in your beds. What's the next thing you gits need to be scared of?
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again, perhaps you should practice saying "allahu akbar" and the such--it might come in Handy, I hear the Muhammadans are taking parts of Europe over. No?
Shalom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 18 min messianic114 479
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 51 min 15th Dalai Lama 2,484
2nd Cor 12: 16 59 min Barnsweb 4
Design, Nowhere Evident 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 506
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 5,966
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 1 hr I love jesus 1,099
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 1 hr I love jesus 83
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 12 hr I love jesus 20,565
More from around the web