What will keep you from going to Heaven?

What will keep you from going to Heaven?

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
After looking at many of these different forum topics, i have seen some postings saying that if you dont follow every last one the 10 commandments, you will go to hell etc(Mainly sabbath breaking). I have listed pretty much every verse you could find on who will not inherent the kingdom of heaven. Now can someone please show where not keeping a 7th day Saturday sabbath or Feast days keeps you out of going to heaven, since it has been stated many times that breaking this command will equal your doom.

==========
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:2-17
1 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
==========

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

-Its quiet clear its more you can do outside the 10 commandments that will also cause you not to go to heaven, but not resting from your works all day Saturday and going to church on Sunday is not listed anywhere.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#2 Jan 18, 2013
What will keep me from going to Heaven is very simple. It's not there.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Heaven is the sky above our heads where the birds fly free. And God feeds those billions of birds each and every day as they sing their praises to Him. God is so awesome!
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
Heaven is the sky above our heads where the birds fly free. And God feeds those billions of birds each and every day as they sing their praises to Him. God is so awesome!
Awesome, I bet God loves to hear how awesome he is! Cause its just awesome, that he's so awesome...its awesome!

What are you 12?

Are these the same birds that crash into buildings, starve, or suffer a disease, riddled with mites, and the ripping off of their heads by various predators...? Is that what they sing about...?
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome, I bet God loves to hear how awesome he is! Cause its just awesome, that he's so awesome...its awesome!
What are you 12?
Are these the same birds that crash into buildings, starve, or suffer a disease, riddled with mites, and the ripping off of their heads by various predators...? Is that what they sing about...?
10 years ago, we had beautiful doves all over our neighborhood singing their tunes. But since the forest fires, we've had predator birds flying around looking for easy meals, and except for an occasional dove here and there, they're numbers have been decimated. It's only recent now that the crows have noticed the invasion of their turf and have ganged up on the big predator birds and chased them away. Too late for the doves though.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>10 years ago, we had beautiful doves all over our neighborhood singing their tunes. But since the forest fires, we've had predator birds flying around looking for easy meals, and except for an occasional dove here and there, they're numbers have been decimated. It's only recent now that the crows have noticed the invasion of their turf and have ganged up on the big predator birds and chased them away. Too late for the doves though.
Padre is opposed to smokin' bud but hasn't issued a blanket condemnation.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jan 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Padre is opposed to smokin' bud but hasn't issued a blanket condemnation.
Smoke pot to drive safer
http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2012/04/09...

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Smoke pot to drive safer
http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2012/04/09...
It's probably true. Nevertheless I have strict rules against mixing pot or alcohol with motor vehicles or power tools.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably true. Nevertheless I have strict rules against mixing pot or alcohol with motor vehicles or power tools.
I avoid both intoxicants so it's never been a problem for me. I understand the many circumstances of people who do indulge in life's tranquilizers, therefore, I never look down on them or think they are lesser a person for it.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I avoid both intoxicants so it's never been a problem for me. I understand the many circumstances of people who do indulge in life's tranquilizers, therefore, I never look down on them or think they are lesser a person for it.
Is that a fact? I never would have brought up the subject had I not figured you were stoned. I guess you're just naturally stoned. It's cheaper, anyway.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11 Jan 18, 2013
As Mal said, heaven's non existence is a bit of a show stopper.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#12 Jan 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a fact? I never would have brought up the subject had I not figured you were stoned. I guess you're just naturally stoned. It's cheaper, anyway.
You're a good guesser! I'm naturally stoned on God.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>You're a good guesser! I'm naturally stoned on God.
Indeed I am. My first guess was mentally impaired. Identifying the culprit isn't that big a deal.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome, I bet God loves to hear how awesome he is! Cause its just awesome, that he's so awesome...its awesome!
What are you 12?
I have witnessed a red tail hawk ripping the head off one of my innocent baby chicks. Are hawks fathered by Satan?
Was the hawk or the baby chicken singing praises to God? I am curious.
Jeese!!!
I think he's 10.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Ant wrote:
After looking at many of these different forum topics, i have seen some postings saying that if you dont follow every last one the 10 commandments, you will go to hell etc(Mainly sabbath breaking). I have listed pretty much every verse you could find on who will not inherent the kingdom of heaven. Now can someone please show where not keeping a 7th day Saturday sabbath or Feast days keeps you out of going to heaven, since it has been stated many times that breaking this command will equal your doom.
==========
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:2-17
1 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
==========
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
-Its quiet clear its more you can do outside the 10 commandments that will also cause you not to go to heaven, but not resting from your works all day Saturday and going to church on Sunday is not listed anywhere.
I like the first one, "You shall have no other gods before me."
And the golden rule: "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
No need for anything else because the rest is just filler.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Most days I am in heaven. Some days I am in hell. The other days I am in Limbo.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I avoid both intoxicants so it's never been a problem for me. I understand the many circumstances of people who do indulge in life's tranquilizers, therefore, I never look down on them or think they are lesser a person for it.
Shrooms are best, but one should stay put and enjoy a small camp fire. Don't forget to scratch the dog and check out the stars and moon.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#18 Jan 18, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrooms are best, but one should stay put and enjoy a small camp fire. Don't forget to scratch the dog and check out the stars and moon.
A friend of mine, hippie Chuck, he is and has been a hippie all his life. He looks like Moses now because his hair and beard are pure grey. He tried to turn me on to those a few years ago but they didn't take, nothing zilch. Maybe because they were growing out of a cow patty where he found them. I guess it wasn't a top notch longhorn eh?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

United States

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>A friend of mine, hippie Chuck, he is and has been a hippie all his life. He looks like Moses now because his hair and beard are pure grey. He tried to turn me on to those a few years ago but they didn't take, nothing zilch. Maybe because they were growing out of a cow patty where he found them. I guess it wasn't a top notch longhorn eh?
Are you sure he knew which ones were the magic ones?
Don't know about any longhorn connection.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>"do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
This has been modified to suit today's society, it now reads as follows.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 1 hr Ede 37
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 3 hr Bruce Shafer 2,558
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr Maverick 808 21,202
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 5 hr Blacklagoon 35
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 6 hr Hamilton Square 79
Predestination, All Things are Determined by God 6 hr Hamilton Square 90
The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings 6 hr Hamilton Square 13
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 7 hr Cats paw 118
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 8 hr Cats paw 107
Early Christianity 8 hr Cats paw 1,577