Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#419 Aug 15, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres something funny:
Deut 6
20 In the future when your children ask you,“What is the meaning of the laws,·commands [statutes; ordinances; requirements], and rules the Lord our God gave us
Wait, the children QUESTIONED and nothing happened? See how you didn't read bible?
They questioned the "meaning" of the laws, they never questioned the source of these requirements.
Same thing. The "meaning" would include the "source". Nice try though
blacklagoon wrote:
There are important questions, and then there are less important questions. Why did God create so many different kinds of insects? Not a very important question, it's a question a child would ask, just like the example you gave asking the meaning of the laws, and not questioning the source of these laws. The question should always be, is there a God who actually created these insects. Indoctrination and preconceived notions lead to childish questions. Higher intelligence and skepticism lead to the important questions, does God exist? Who wrote the Bible? Are miracles possible? Why can't science address the issue of the existence of God? Is there a supernatural realm? What evidence is there for life after death? These and many more are IMPORTANT questions. What do the laws that God issued mean, are not very important.
Dont try to change your tune now. First you said they couldnt question anything. Well there it is for you....
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#420 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Care to share that evidence?
If you had any REAL evidence, the whole world would be converting to your faith.
Why? You've read the words that Israel were given obviously and you didnt believe lol
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#421 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
On of the most sick and twisted concept of xianity is the idea that a supreme Deity would REQUIRE obeisance and would condemn an otherwise good person without that groveling.
Who defines who or what is a "otherwise good person"?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#422 Aug 15, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You've read the words that Israel were given obviously and you didnt believe lol
I asked for evidence. The Bible is no different from any other collection of ancient myths. It is not evidence until you can prove that it is factual. Your belief is meaningless as evidence.

#423 Aug 15, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Who defines who or what is a "otherwise good person"?
Behavior. If they try to help rather than harm, and just try to leave the world as a better place, they are a good person.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#424 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for evidence. The Bible is no different from any other collection of ancient myths. It is not evidence until you can prove that it is factual. Your belief is meaningless as evidence.
Exactly. You read the bible and didnt believe. Hey your loss not mine lol
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#425 Aug 15, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Behavior. If they try to help rather than harm, and just try to leave the world as a better place, they are a good person.
So by this definition, anyone that lives their life using transportation that destroys the earth (cars, planes, trains, buses etc...) is not a good person because they are leaving the world worse off while harming?
The truth works

United States

#426 Aug 15, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Escaping the eternal Hell fire.
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Where is this Book of Life? I'd like to read the list!!

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#427 Aug 15, 2014
The truth works wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this Book of Life? I'd like to read the list!!
I would imagine that nowadays all that information is stored on a computer. It is the 21st century after all!

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#428 Aug 16, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just as I expected, NEVER an answer to very simple questions. Read my post again, and really concentrate on what I'm asking. In a nutshell, what are the benefits of being a believer, how is my life going to change for the better? Give me a GOOD reason for me to seek out this being.
When you say its between God and me, you are assuming that God exists and I can have a relationship with this imaginary being. It's like saying "Its between you and Crom."
If my life would take a "turn for the worse" why the hell would I ever even consider "turning over my heart to God, whatever the hell that means?
There is no spirit world, and what you have experienced is called a delusion. There is a serious mental disease called DELUSIONAL DISORDER, were the person cannot distinguish between what is real and what isn't. The mental institutions are full of people who see and hear things that are NOT real, how are you any different from these sick people?
Why should I give you a 'good' reason as your mind has already been made up.

I KNOW GOD exists, so YES, it is between you and your Creator...nothing I can do...

And I would have to disagree as I know there is a Spiritual world...I have seen it first hand...

Don't tell me what you perceive I 'may' have...You haven't a friggin' clue...

How are you different? Your's however, is just an opinion...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#429 Aug 16, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Care to share that evidence?
If you had any REAL evidence, the whole world would be converting to your faith.
Hell, they didn't convert when Jesus walked the land, how do you figure they would convert now?

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#431 Aug 17, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If one accepts the central premise of the Bible, then not only did the God of the Bible accept the oath, but He also made the daughter be the first thing that Jephthah saw upon his reaching home...
Exactly. Why be jealous of other gods if they don't really exist?
jesus is

Sydney, Australia

#432 Aug 19, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one that worships a God that is no more than a terribly flawed and mentally deranged human. Perhaps it is you who needs a counselor.
What about this God?:

EZEKIEL 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?
32 FOR I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF ANYONE, declares the Sovereign Lord. REPENT AND LIVE!"
jesus is

Sydney, Australia

#433 Aug 19, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME AMAZING DISCOVERIES:
http://www.gotquestions.org/biblical-archaeol...

#435 Aug 19, 2014
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME AMAZING DISCOVERIES:
http://www.gotquestions.org/biblical-archaeol...
Yeah, are you sure that you want to bring archaeology into this?

Legitimate archaeology shows that most of the early parts of the Bible did not happen as described. No vast kingdom under David & Solomon, no exodus out of Egypt. The battles and genocides committed during the conquest of Israel mentions tribes and locations that did not exist in the time frame of the conquest, but that did exist during the time of King Josiah, and which lend credence to the hypothesis that the earliest books of the Bible (the Torah, Joshua, Judges) were written during the time of Josiah to create a mythology of a previously unified nation combining Israel and Judah.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#436 Aug 19, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
So by this definition, anyone that lives their life using transportation that destroys the earth (cars, planes, trains, buses etc...) is not a good person because they are leaving the world worse off while harming?
I just have to jump in when I read stupid shit. What transportation "destroys" the earth? Cars, planes, trains and buses? The planet has survived impacts from asteroids, rather large ones at that, multiple ice ages, the shifting of the magnetic poles, has been blasted by massive solar flares, shaken by super-volcanos, and you think driving a car is going to destroy the earth? REALLY? Don't look now but people are laughing behind their hands.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#437 Aug 19, 2014
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this God?:
EZEKIEL 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?
32 FOR I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF ANYONE, declares the Sovereign Lord. REPENT AND LIVE!"
So he takes "no pleasure in the death of anyone." Really? Didn't seem to bother him much when he murdered innocent little babies! The teenagers he had torn to bit by bears, didn't seem to bother him either. Oh, you know why he had these mischievous boys slaughtered? Because they mocked an old man for being bald. Doing silly teenage shit, but God,(who takes no pleasure in the death of anyone) thought it best to have them torn limb to limb.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#438 Aug 19, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I give you a 'good' reason as your mind has already been made up.
I KNOW GOD exists, so YES, it is between you and your Creator...nothing I can do...
And I would have to disagree as I know there is a Spiritual world...I have seen it first hand...
Don't tell me what you perceive I 'may' have...You haven't a friggin' clue...
How are you different? Your's however, is just an opinion...
Like I said, no one has any good reason as to why anyone should seek the imaginary being. Worse, no one can give a good reason to believe, and not one person can offer any benefit to being a believer. Not one advantage offered for being a believer as opposed to being a non-believer. Why aren't you all terribly embarrassed? I can write volumes on the advantages of being a non-believer, but you........"Why should I give you a good reason." What a coward, you don't even have the strength of your own convictions.

No you do not KNOW God exists, you simple believe he does. Thee is no possible way you could KNOW. Knowing involved evidence. Knowing means you have gathered knowledge from the naturalistic realm, and this knowledge can be demonstrated. You have nothing but a belief and a vivid imagination, coupled with years of indoctrination. Throw in a few delusions, and you have a typical Theist.

Nor can you KNOW a spirit world exists. There is NO science that shows this spirit world exists, if you have seen it first hand then you have had a delusion. The mental wards are full of people who have claimed to have seen things, everything from demons to aliens, all have made unsupported claims. The world is full of alien abductees, but not one can verify their claim, just like you and your spirit world. You're no different from the person who claims they were abducted, flown to a strange planet and returned to earth. No difference at all.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#439 Aug 20, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I just have to jump in when I read stupid shit. What transportation "destroys" the earth? Cars, planes, trains and buses?
Do those things HELP or HARM the environment.?

You who believes in science lol
hilariosity

United States

#440 Aug 20, 2014
HOVAH means ruin, disaster. Christians worship the God of Ruin, Disaster, aka satan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Dumber than a Catholic who doesn't ... 3 min COOTERDOG 122
Evoution Frauds 16 min Justice_League 1,427
Anyone else ashamed of Obama? 33 min NDanger 29
Being Ready ? 35 min NDanger 170
Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You |... (Mar '10) 42 min janeebee 18,829
Should Homosexuals be accepted in the church? (Sep '09) 1 hr Sex Dwarf 979
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 2,402
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 4 hr GodSmacked 3,109
More from around the web