Why would God allow MH17 to be shot d...

Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down???

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Disciple

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2014
What is accomplished in allowing this?

Did they deserve this, even though im sure half the plane didnt even believe in God.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 21, 2014
Disciple wrote:
What is accomplished in allowing this?
Did they deserve this, even though im sure half the plane didnt even believe in God.
Why did He drown all on Earth but 8, including children?
FSM

Melbourne, Australia

#3 Jul 21, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
Why did He drown all on Earth but 8, including children?
He's sadistic.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Jul 21, 2014
Same reason as anything else bad that happens, we dont know.
Flygerian

Arlington, TX

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Free will

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#7 Jul 21, 2014
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>He's sadistic.
He's sovereign.

Daniel 4:35 (NKJV)
35 All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, "What have You done?"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#9 Jul 21, 2014
stupid is not a disease wrote:
<quoted text>
why did your mom's abortion survive, and now haunts this forum?
You must be thinking of yours.
joe 7

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>You must be thinking of yours.
Hey dollarsbill. Jesus was a black man. Is it true what they say???

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12 Jul 21, 2014
stupid is not a disease wrote:
<quoted text>
so you never knew your mom... figures.. she probably killed herself when she gave birth to you.. her abortion...
You must be thinking of your Mom.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13 Jul 21, 2014
joe 7 wrote:
Is it true what they say???
That all your "socks" are liars? Yep.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#14 Jul 21, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
Free will
There is no such thing as "free will" it's an illusion.

There can be NO free will when you must fear the consequences. The concept of free will is in complete conflict with the definition of "free." I hold a gun to your head and say you have "free will" to give me your wallet or not, but if you don't, I'll blow your brains out.

Free will means to give or receive something without expectation of return.

Your God is said to be all powerful all "knowing" he knows what will happen, he can see the future, knows exactly what you will do. You come to a fork in the road, the future see's you taking the left fork, God see's you taking the left fork, you have no other option than to take the left fork, hence, you had NO free will as to which direction you took. Now if you want to say that God didn't know which direction you took, could NOT see the future, well thats another conversation.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#15 Jul 21, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Why did He drown all on Earth but 8, including children?
Because he, has to be a he,no she could possibly be such a prick, harbors human traits, and along with those traits come human frailties. You worship a God that is no different from any other human. He possesses traits considered to be extremely undesirable. Anger is at the top of the list. People who can't control their anger are considered to be mentally ill. Vanity, vengefulness, and capricious when dealing with human life are all considered to be major flaws. Uncontrollable anger-----Capricious about human life---------Vengeful-------an d vain, all sum up your God. He drowned all on Earth including innocent little babies and fetuses, because he harbors all of the worst human traits, and you nitwit drop to your knee's and worship this piece monkey dung, how unbelievably pathetic of you!!

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#16 Jul 21, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Because he, has to be a he,no she could possibly be such a prick, harbors human traits, and along with those traits come human frailties. You worship a God that is no different from any other human. He possesses traits considered to be extremely undesirable. Anger is at the top of the list. People who can't control their anger are considered to be mentally ill. Vanity, vengefulness, and capricious when dealing with human life are all considered to be major flaws. Uncontrollable anger-----Capricious about human life---------Vengeful-------an d vain, all sum up your God. He drowned all on Earth including innocent little babies and fetuses, because he harbors all of the worst human traits, and you nitwit drop to your knee's and worship this piece monkey dung, how unbelievably pathetic of you!!
Need a tissue for all that whining? or just a counselor...
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#17 Jul 21, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as "free will" it's an illusion.
There can be NO free will when you must fear the consequences. The concept of free will is in complete conflict with the definition of "free." I hold a gun to your head and say you have "free will" to give me your wallet or not, but if you don't, I'll blow your brains out.
Free will means to give or receive something without expectation of return.
Quick answer. Can you choose or choose not to give your wallet?
blacklagoon wrote:
Your God is said to be all powerful all "knowing" he knows what will happen, he can see the future, knows exactly what you will do. You come to a fork in the road, the future see's you taking the left fork, God see's you taking the left fork, you have no other option than to take the left fork, hence, you had NO free will as to which direction you took. Now if you want to say that God didn't know which direction you took, could NOT see the future, well thats another conversation.
Lets worry about your perception FIRST before worrying about God's. If you do not know what will happen next, and your faced with a decision, you have the free will to choose one way or another. Deal with that FIRST, then we can deal with God's perception

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#18 Jul 21, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Because he, has to be a he,no she could possibly be such a prick, harbors human traits, and along with those traits come human frailties. You worship a God that is no different from any other human. He possesses traits considered to be extremely undesirable. Anger is at the top of the list. People who can't control their anger are considered to be mentally ill. Vanity, vengefulness, and capricious when dealing with human life are all considered to be major flaws. Uncontrollable anger-----Capricious about human life---------Vengeful-------an d vain, all sum up your God. He drowned all on Earth including innocent little babies and fetuses, because he harbors all of the worst human traits, and you nitwit drop to your knee's and worship this piece monkey dung, how unbelievably pathetic of you!!
Then you should understand how much trouble you are in.

Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

BIG trouble.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#19 Jul 21, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Need a tissue for all that whining? or just a counselor...
I'm not the one that worships a God that is no more than a terribly flawed and mentally deranged human. Perhaps it is you who needs a counselor.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#20 Jul 21, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick answer. Can you choose or choose not to give your wallet?
<quoted text>
Lets worry about your perception FIRST before worrying about God's. If you do not know what will happen next, and your faced with a decision, you have the free will to choose one way or another. Deal with that FIRST, then we can deal with God's perception
With a gun pointed at my head there is No choice. Give it up or die, no choice at all. When you MUST fear the consequences then that is in direct conflict with "free."

Once again free will means to give or receive without expectation of return.

You only think you have free will to choose one way or another, your path has already been chosen for you by God. He KNOWS exactly which path you will choose, you can not alter that pathway. Free will is an illusion, you think you are making a choice but your choice has already been determined. Unless you want to say God does NOT know which choice you will make.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#21 Jul 21, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should understand how much trouble you are in.
Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
BIG trouble.
I should understand that I'm in trouble from an imaginary demon God? Really?

You're quoting the bible?

You mean that book with the childish view of the universe and the unceasing tyranny of a vengeful sky wizard. A book promoted by a self-serving male dominated bureaucracy deriving it's authority from anonymously authored ancient tales and antiquated edicts? Yeah I thought so.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#22 Jul 21, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>With a gun pointed at my head there is No choice. Give it up or die, no choice at all. When you MUST fear the consequences then that is in direct conflict with "free."
So what you're saying is you dont even have the choice NOT to give your wallet? Like the person wouldnt be able to?
blacklagoon wrote:
Once again free will means to give or receive without expectation of return.
Yes. You made up this definition
blacklagoon wrote:
You only think you have free will to choose one way or another, your path has already been chosen for you by God. He KNOWS exactly which path you will choose, you can not alter that pathway. Free will is an illusion, you think you are making a choice but your choice has already been determined. Unless you want to say God does NOT know which choice you will make.
As I said, lets deal with YOUR PERCEPTION, FIRST, then we can deal with God's. Lets not get ahead of ourselves

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#23 Jul 21, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I should understand that I'm in trouble from an imaginary demon God? Really?
You're quoting the bible?
You mean that book with the childish view of the universe and the unceasing tyranny of a vengeful sky wizard. A book promoted by a self-serving male dominated bureaucracy deriving it's authority from anonymously authored ancient tales and antiquated edicts? Yeah I thought so.
God's Banner is waving at you.

Isaiah 11:12 (NKJV)
12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.

And He did in 1948.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breath of god, and how we come to light. 14 min Seentheotherside 82
Israel is anti christ, literally 14 min Ben Avraham 258
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 30 min Seen Is Awesome 1,169
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 8 hr Big Al 250
the essay of mark twain about the jews 8 hr Big Al 74
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 8 hr Big Al 2,623
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 9 hr Big Al 1,942
More from around the web