No mention of burning in hell eternal...

No mention of burning in hell eternally in the OT, why???

Posted in the Christian Forum

Tall Guy

Decatur, GA

#1 Oct 6, 2013
We are taught, if you are not a believer and you are to burn in hell for all of eternity after this lifetime, why is something this important and critical never mentioned and pushed in the OT at all for people that were disobedient to God.

Why wasnt Adam and Eve told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Noah told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Abraham told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Moses told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt David told about hell and eternal suffering?
lol

Welch, WV

#2 Oct 6, 2013
Because there is no eternal burning hell. I think that was something started by the Catholics to scare people into their church to get their money. Much like the priests praying a loved ones soul out of purgatory early for a fee. Indulgence I think it was called.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
We are taught, if you are not a believer and you are to burn in hell for all of eternity after this lifetime, why is something this important and critical never mentioned and pushed in the OT at all for people that were disobedient to God.
Why wasnt Adam and Eve told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Noah told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Abraham told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt Moses told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasnt David told about hell and eternal suffering?
Personally I don't think that unbelievers wil burn for al eternity in Hell.
The Bible says that the wages of sin is death and to me death means the end of life. If someone is being eternally tormented then they can't be dead.
Also there is a verse somewhere about fearing Him that can destroy the soul. If a soul is destroyed it can't be burning for eternity.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#4 Oct 6, 2013
angelinaUK wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I don't think that unbelievers wil burn for al eternity in Hell.
The Bible says that the wages of sin is death and to me death means the end of life. If someone is being eternally tormented then they can't be dead.
Also there is a verse somewhere about fearing Him that can destroy the soul. If a soul is destroyed it can't be burning for eternity.
Hey Angel, welcome back!

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 6, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Angel, welcome back!
Thanks ND. x
Tall Guy

Decatur, GA

#6 Oct 6, 2013
lol wrote:
Because there is no eternal burning hell. I think that was something started by the Catholics to scare people into their church to get their money. Much like the priests praying a loved ones soul out of purgatory early for a fee. Indulgence I think it was called.
The RCC was really desperate to get people to follow them.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Tall Guy wrote:
Why weren't Adam and Eve told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasn't Noah told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasn't Abraham told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasn't Moses told about hell and eternal suffering?
Why wasn't David told about hell and eternal suffering?
Because the Bible has been rewritten over different centuries by a variety of people; it's been edited and tampered with so many times that it's probably best to take everything in it with a grain of salt. The thing is, none of the stuff in the Bible ever happened. It's a fable, a fairy tale.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Bible has been rewritten over different centuries by a variety of people; it's been edited and tampered with so many times that it's probably best to take everything in it with a grain of salt. The thing is, none of the stuff in the Bible ever happened. It's a fable, a fairy tale.
Then your comment(s) mean squat...why are you here? Why are you so concerned if it's just a fairy tale???
lol

Welch, WV

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something to be said about people who comment on fairy tales. And it's not very flattering.
lol

Welch, WV

#10 Oct 6, 2013
The whole of Psalm 37 tells the outcome of the finally unrepentant. And Malachi speaks of walking on the ashes of the final unrepentant. As Angelina says, Second Death means exactly that, DEATH. NOT lingering around for eternity and basting in hot coals.

Dantes Divine Comedy is the origin of many fables about hell. Or, the lake of fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy

https://www.google.com/search...
lol

Welch, WV

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Because cults like you don't know how to behave?
<quoted text>
For someone who calls themselves Thinking you couldn't have picked a better contradiction for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 2 min Taranis 384
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 18 min Taranis 26
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 27 min PhillGeorge 2,547
Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried... 28 min PhillGeorge 14
Early Christianity 47 min PhillGeorge 1,552
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 52 min PhillGeorge 10
The Deception of the Teaching of the Trinity 53 min PhillGeorge 110
More from around the web