Mother Refuses Cancer Treatment for Son

Posted in the Christian Forum

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#1 May 23, 2009
Hello

Just seen this on the news...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

Mother Refuses Cancer Treatment for her son on Religious Grounds..

Although I'm slightly torn on this issue, as she is seeking alternative treatment, I think she's just another Fundie Kook...

A.
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#2 May 23, 2009
hmm...would she have aborted him had she known he would get cancer?

she just wants to be free of the little pain the ass.

can she bury the kid on those religious grounds..??

IMHO - parents should be legally responsible to pursue any and all forms of treatment...

quote - "Mr Hauser told the Star Tribune newspaper of Minneapolis: "I know many people around here who have had cancer. They did the chemo, it would come back. They did the chemo again and again and they are all in the grave. Chemo isn't foolproof."

no shyte Sherlock. and those herbs have such a great track record...and prayer too...
Some Dude

Apollo, PA

#3 May 23, 2009
"We briefly have viewed the miserable results obtained by orthodox surgery and radiation. However, the record of so-called anti-cancer drugs is even worse. The primary reason for this is that most of them currently in use are highly poisonous, not just to cancer but to the rest of the body as well. Generally they are more deadly to healthy tissue than they are to the malignant cell."

source:

http://www.curezone.com/diseases/cancer/chemo...
Some Dude

Apollo, PA

#4 May 23, 2009
Here's some promising research, but I bet pharmecutical companies wont let it become too widespread,not enough money in it....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester...

(take note of the date the article was written)

Flying_Spaghetti _Monster

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 May 23, 2009
Atheist wrote:
Hello
Just seen this on the news...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
Mother Refuses Cancer Treatment for her son on Religious Grounds..
Although I'm slightly torn on this issue, as she is seeking alternative treatment, I think she's just another Fundie Kook...
A.
Hello Atheist,

What is your opinion here? Should the parents be forced to seek conventional treatment by the government, or should the their choice of treatment be respected?
joe

UK

#6 May 23, 2009
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Atheist,
What is your opinion here? Should the parents be forced to seek conventional treatment by the government, or should the their choice of treatment be respected?
If christians value life, then they should opt for the cancer treatment.

I want to know why is god continuing to create such stupid parents?

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#7 May 23, 2009
Hello

FSM

//What is your opinion here? Should the parents be forced to seek conventional treatment by the government, or should the their choice of treatment be respected?//

Well... LOL

Hmmm...

although I do believe people should have their individual right to decide what is the best way to handle their own health care, I think in this case the court is correct, and must intervene and take charge of the situation in the best interest in the child..

However on the other hand, I don't like g-ment interference in people's lives...

I can only think of how Pissed I would be if someone was forcing me to do something against my will, or beliefs for that matter..

However on the other hand... LOL

Should we allow someone to use their religion to refuse treatment for a child, which may not be in the best interest of the child ?

Should we allow people to use alternative methods for treatment, and what kind of treatment should be allowed ??

I don't know, tough situation..

I guess if I had to vote or had to make a judgment I would side with traditional medical treatment...

An Individuals right should be protected,,but where do you draw the line ?

A.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 May 24, 2009
I first read this in the Denver Post.What got me was that this 13 yo boy can't read.

I quote:
In his ruling, Rodenberg noted that at age 13, Daniel can't read. "He lacks the ability to give informed consent to medical procedures," Rodenberg said.

This poor boy need more then help for a fight with cancer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_med_forced_chem...
resident

Piscataway, NJ

#9 May 24, 2009
I am grateful i am not in the position these parents are in. to have such a decision to make is heart breaking.
kit

Slough, UK

#10 Dec 19, 2012
resident wrote:
I am grateful i am not in the position these parents are in. to have such a decision to make is heart breaking.
i dont understand why its a hard decision?? What is so hard about it?? either you allow .your child to take life saving treatment or he dies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 27 min little lamb 7,274
Evidence Against God 42 min little lamb 2,708
The True Name Of The CREATOR 1 hr little lamb 23
All non-believers;GO AWAY. 1 hr little lamb 50
The same masonic gang will destroy Christianity 1 hr little lamb 2
The New Covenant 3 hr Praise Jesus 168
God's Still Not Dead 3 hr little lamb 2
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) 5 hr Praise Jesus 116
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 7 hr Praise Jesus 4,473
More from around the web