What are these "two great lights" in ...

Since: Mar 07

Fresno, CA

#149 Sep 14, 2007
zazenmind wrote:
weird war i must say you chose the perfect name for your self because that battle you had over the sun and the moon was certainly weird. did you win the war or are you still fighting with your self over semantics about sun light and moon light. and im not even a christian. but i must say that was quite entertaining.
I won. The moon is not a light.
Yisrael

Jackson, MS

#150 Sep 23, 2007
@WEIRD WAR....

Well first off the bible tells us not to judge, but not in the sense of how you think. I mean honestly are we to hang around evil communication? I know theres a scripture that states,"evil communication corrupts good manners"
Think about it, why dont you hang around rapist and murderers? Could it be that you use judgement?
The bible is talking of the holier than thou attitude which she never implied since I have been reading her posts.With the holier than thou attitude I am better than you, and thats dangerous as we would never communicate with each other if we alL thought like that.So stop with the ignorance, also remember that even the animals that Noah used would have been small,Why bring an adult hippo?Why bring a full fledged lion?No you would bring cubs.As for species remember that dogs were domesticated from wolves and look at the species we have today. So the most high wouldnt have to bring every specie of animal to produce results like today, Where did the mule come from?See with the other animals there would be no reason to bring a mule, or donkey.You wouldnt need or have a mustang.As far as bugs, the most high could have done anything, they could have been on floating covered debris, or floating logs etc. All insects would not have to be in the ark.remember that every land has a flood story as well.
Now whats crazy is that we all Came from slime on rocks in the beginning after it rained.LOL!FOR SOME REASON THE UNIVERSE WHICH AS CREATED OUT OF CHAOS PRODUCED WHAT WE HAVE TODAY, THATS FUNNY.Try it some times create something that is non living and watch it so that it becomes a living organism. I mean with evolution wouldnt the heart have developed before the brain OR VICE VERSA, but BOTH are needed as the brain needs oxygen that comes from the blood that the heart beats. So where are these heartless or brainless corpses? Darwin pushed that blacks(I hate that word) were inferior as a species, because we came directly from apes, yet and still whites came from us so they were superior.This theory of whites coming from blacks is true as the white race is the black race! But whats funny is that evolution is to make species stronger as Darwin somehow overlooked that Blacks or people of color whom he stated was close to apes have the dominant genes! Isnt that funny how evolution should have made whites stronger, faster, actually just different, but whites actually are harmed even more so by something as natural as the sun. Its a farce, thats why you can find t rex bones with dried blood in them, or did you guys miss the memo? Honestly the funniest thing that gets me to laugh is really thinking that a tornado can go through a junk yard, and come out on the other side with a fully functional 747 boeing jet, if given enough time, but the funny thing is that life is billions of times more complicate, as science has not produced life as we speak, and truthfully it never will, yes we can create life from existing life, but we cant fashion and create life out of nothing. Life begats Life.
I could go on and on, but continue where you guys left off.I am not starting a racist argument just showing the flaws of what people believe.

Since: Mar 07

Fresno, CA

#151 Sep 24, 2007
Yisrael wrote:
@WEIRD WAR....
You talk a lot, but you say little. As for creating life out of non-living material, you obviously don't know about Stanley Miller (and others)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Miller
http://www.the-scientist.com/news/home/53251/
As far as Noah's Ark goes, yes most cultures have a flood story (not necessarily global), but most also have a dragon story. Are you to believe dragons have existed as well? The Bible talks about unicorns, so we might as well believe those exist too. LOL.
And what about the baby koala coming off Noah's Ark? How did he make it all the way back to Australia without his precious Eucalyptus leaves for sustenance? He couldn't very well just eat any leaf off the ground. LOL. But why bother with such technicalities. We shouldn't be using our minds to think.
The problem is that you have found your answer without even looking at the evidence...the fossil evidence. You've already made up your mind because you are afraid of death. The truth is out there and can only be found through scientific observation.
george

San Antonio, TX

#152 May 13, 2008
This is quite the little point of contention in some circles. Just ask Bill Nye:
http://dumbtexans.blogspot.com/2008/03/bill-n...
george anderson jr

Winter Garden, FL

#153 May 13, 2008
Weird War wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, if God is creating a "great light" I would expect it to be the Sun or the stars. The Moon is a giant rock, not a light. The passage should read that God created one great light called the Sun and one rock called the Moon.
oh brother.

Since: Aug 07

Jeffersonville, IN

#154 May 13, 2008
Weird War wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, if God is creating a "great light" I would expect it to be the Sun or the stars. The Moon is a giant rock, not a light. The passage should read that God created one great light called the Sun and one rock called the Moon.
you would think since god created the moon that god would know its not a light, and if the bible is the word of god there shouldn't be a problem with that sort of info wouldn't you?
I guess it might have something to do with the bible actually being written by man 2k years ago
with very limited intelligence.
Wayne

Clear Spring, MD

#155 May 13, 2008
Well, of course the moon doesn't "shine." it reflects. But the moon is "lit up" while the sun shines on it.
george anderson jr

Winter Garden, FL

#156 May 13, 2008
Wayne wrote:
Well, of course the moon doesn't "shine." it reflects. But the moon is "lit up" while the sun shines on it.
watch that go right over their heads lol.

1noteasilyfooled

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#157 May 13, 2008
PROV1X81 wrote:
<quoted text>

I guess it might have something to do with the bible actually being written by man 2k years ago
with very limited intelligence.
We have a WINNER!..
george anderson jr

Winter Garden, FL

#158 May 13, 2008
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>We have a WINNER!..
the only thing his posting shows is that he knows nothing about the bible and that you know even less than he does how pathetic.
ALI

Australia

#159 Jul 28, 2008
"He granteth wisdom to whom He pleaseth; and he to whom wisdom is granted receiveth indeed a benefit overflowing; but none will grasp the Message but men of understanding."
(Surah al-Baqarah, 2:269)

"O my Lord! Bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous."
(Surah ash-Shu'ara', 26:83)

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#160 Jul 28, 2008
Islamic Terrorism Timeline
As an expert on Islam and terror, I know that all good Muslims are terrorists and that most all terrorists are Muslims. These are irrefutable statements of fact. This comprehensive review of terrorism from 1960 to 2004 confirms that 95% of all terrorist acts are the result of Islam. If just 20% of Muslims are fundamentalists, they are 3,000% more violent than the rest of the world.
cecilia

Bayside, NY

#161 Feb 22, 2013
the sun and the moon represent the male and female. It has something to do with the connection between wisdom and action. It is not meant to be literal. Hebrew is a complex language jampacked with symbolism.
Nissi

UK

#162 Feb 23, 2013
Where in Genesis 1 does God specify that He made the moon to rule the night. Who can understand God's wisdom of His creation for He is the everlasting all powerful God. Science has been trying to disprove God forever and yet have failed miserably by there own misinterpretation of the bible. "Let go and Let God" .
TheIndigoRevolut ion

United States

#163 May 7, 2015
The bible (all scripture, actually) is
1) obviously translated from language of Antiquity. Ask me how or why and I'd start going off the rail about philo-psycho-spirituality (love) and world government (hate)
2) poetry of Passion, love, peace overcoming worlds at war despite any and all odds.
Not meant to baffle you, meant to inspire you!
If Christ (or Buddha, or Ghandi or Cleopatra or Isis or Allah...all the same person, all the good ones) read our stupid language and saw an argument occurring over a message meant to inspire goodness and peace he'd laugh out loud and shake his tired head saying "fuck. I gotta go down there again and do all this shit over for these people?! How many indescribable things do they need to see to stop killing each other?"

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164 May 7, 2015
TheIndigoRevolution wrote:
The bible (all scripture, actually) is
1) obviously translated from language of Antiquity. Ask me how or why and I'd start going off the rail about philo-psycho-spirituality (love) and world government (hate)
2) poetry of Passion, love, peace overcoming worlds at war despite any and all odds.
Not meant to baffle you, meant to inspire you!
If Christ (or Buddha, or Ghandi or Cleopatra or Isis or Allah...all the same person, all the good ones) read our stupid language and saw an argument occurring over a message meant to inspire goodness and peace he'd laugh out loud and shake his tired head saying "fuck. I gotta go down there again and do all this shit over for these people?! How many indescribable things do they need to see to stop killing each other?"
Glad you're not burning in Hell yet!

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
truthandcommonse nse

Phoenix, AZ

#165 May 8, 2015
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're not burning in Hell yet!
Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
how is that burning in your butt?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#166 May 8, 2015
truthandcommonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
how is that burning in your butt?
Right on schedule!

Luke 17:28-29 (NKJV)
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot:...
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
truthandcommonse nse

Phoenix, AZ

#167 May 8, 2015
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on schedule!
Luke 17:28-29 (NKJV)
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot:...
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
In the likely event any of you happen to come in contact with the schizophrenic called dollarsbill and/or any of his aliases.. immediately hide your children. A panel of experts has recently determined that this poor jew’s complete inability to attract any attention from either sex has driven him to the rather bizarre behavior of impersonating christians. He is doing this in the hope of attracting either reverend ted haggard or a priest with a tub of vaseline. What ever you do .. DO NOT BEND OVER IN FRONT OF HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. It is also highly recommended that in the case of accidental contact you rinse yourself off with bleach and burn the clothes you were wearing. This creature can most commonly found on the Topix Christian theads” in a soiled diaper having a conversation with himself.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#168 May 8, 2015
truthandcommonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
In the likely event any of you happen to come in contact with the schizophrenic called dollarsbill and/or any of his aliases.. immediately hide your children. A panel of experts has recently determined that this poor jew’s complete inability to attract any attention from either sex has driven him to the rather bizarre behavior of impersonating christians. He is doing this in the hope of attracting either reverend ted haggard or a priest with a tub of vaseline. What ever you do .. DO NOT BEND OVER IN FRONT OF HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. It is also highly recommended that in the case of accidental contact you rinse yourself off with bleach and burn the clothes you were wearing. This creature can most commonly found on the Topix Christian theads” in a soiled diaper having a conversation with himself.
LGBT infestation!

The Exterminator will be here soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jesus will never return 23 min ROG 471
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 36 min ROG 1,598
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 10 hr Our time is now 602
Our time is here, prophecy fulfilled! 10 hr Our time is now 33
America is a constitutional republic, based on ... Fri Bloodflower 43
Gambler's Abyss: Deuteronomy Fri Bloodflower 2
>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK the PROPHET <<<<<<<<<<<< (Nov '13) Fri Bloodflower 25
More from around the web