paganism fastest growing religion

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 27, 2008
paganism is the fastest growing religion in the U.S.A., Europe, and Australia.

survey in 1990 and again in 2001. The changes in the numbers of adherents to the various faiths in the US were extremely interesting.

Christians showed about a 0.05% growth in numbers, but a 9% decrease in percentage of the total population.

Muslims showed an impressive 109% growth during that time.
In the U.S.A.
However, the survey showed that between 1990 and 2001 there was a 1675% growth in PAGANISM!!! 1675%!!! The number of pagans went from about 35,000 to over 550,000!
http://www.druidry.org/obod/news/growth_pagan...

It's the fastest-growing religion in Australia, according to the 2001 census.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/08/104...

http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/156...

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 27, 2008
Wow, every religion is a fast growing religion, huh?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2008
There is paganism in every major religion aroun the world.

http://video.google.com/videoplay...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 27, 2008
tplj1984 wrote:
Wow, every religion is a fast growing religion, huh?
no religion can or will brainwash me.
I am atheist.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
no religion can or will brainwash me.
I am atheist.
OK. I'm happy for you?
Wayne

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2008
Paganism has been around since Cain slew Abel. It's nothing new and it SURE ain't something secret. The so-called mystery religions and all is nothing but satan blinding men to God and mankind is willing to let him. Jesus Christ is the only Way. Keep your eyes on Him and the pagan gods crumble and fall.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#7 Jul 27, 2008
yesterday Islam was the fastest growing religion, someone really needs to make up their minds.

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#8 Jul 27, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
yesterday Islam was the fastest growing religion, someone really needs to make up their minds.
making up there mind would require one first.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 27, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
yesterday Islam was the fastest growing religion, someone really needs to make up their minds.
Yeah, I don't care who the fastest growing is. I know I have a belief in something and that is all the matters. It's not a contest to me.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#10 Jul 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
Paganism has been around since Cain slew Abel. It's nothing new and it SURE ain't something secret. The so-called mystery religions and all is nothing but satan blinding men to God and mankind is willing to let him. Jesus Christ is the only Way. Keep your eyes on Him and the pagan gods crumble and fall.
Ha, too bad you've been fooled. Your Jesus IS Satan. HA, HA, HA... Bring your fireproof suit to Heaven.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 27, 2008
Wayne wrote:
Paganism has been around since Cain slew Abel. It's nothing new and it SURE ain't something secret. The so-called mystery religions and all is nothing but satan blinding men to God and mankind is willing to let him. Jesus Christ is the only Way. Keep your eyes on Him and the pagan gods crumble and fall.
Thats just it Wayne ther is all kinds of paganism is your religion. The cross comes from the solstice and equinox lines of zodiac calendar.
Circumcision is a pagan Ritual of marking males,there are egyptian painting showing this that are much older then Christian religions.
Weddings are pagan in nature by the wearing of rings symbol of the rings of saturn. Baptism is a
ritual to put a child under holy water to symblies the renewal of life just as rain is to renewal the earth in paganism. The holy grail filled with wine is a representation of the blood that comes from the birth canel of a mentral woman not the blood of christ.
That is jusy a little taste of the paganism in
christian religions.

Whayne do come back for more.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#12 Jul 27, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
yesterday Islam was the fastest growing religion, someone really needs to make up their minds.
Nope, you're wrong. Here's the fastest growing religion:
http://www.elroysemporium.com/news/archives/b...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Jul 27, 2008
tplj1984 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't care who the fastest growing is. I know I have a belief in something and that is all the matters. It's not a contest to me.
Fine by me many people believe that we have never landed on the moon others believe that 9/11 was a
conspiracy that the Holocaust never happened or that scientific creationism is science. Others believe in astrology and horoscopes Then there is big foot,lock ness monster,ghostand UFO's to name but a few.
What do all these have in common? People believe in these just as strongly as you believe in yours.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#14 Jul 27, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're wrong. Here's the fastest growing religion:
http://www.elroysemporium.com/news/archives/b...
I'm wrong that yesterday someone said Islam was the fastest growing religion?

I'm quite sure I read that with my own 2 eyes. I didn't say it was accurate :P

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 27, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine by me many people believe that we have never landed on the moon others believe that 9/11 was a
conspiracy that the Holocaust never happened or that scientific creationism is science. Others believe in astrology and horoscopes Then there is big foot,lock ness monster,ghostand UFO's to name but a few.
What do all these have in common? People believe in these just as strongly as you believe in yours.
OK?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 27, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're wrong. Here's the fastest growing religion:
http://www.elroysemporium.com/news/archives/b...
I a good one lol

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 Jul 27, 2008
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wrong that yesterday someone said Islam was the fastest growing religion?
I'm quite sure I read that with my own 2 eyes. I didn't say it was accurate :P
The Freedom Fighter's Journal: Islam Not The World's Fastest ...
http://ronbosoldier.blogspot.com/2007/09/isla...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#18 Jul 27, 2008
tplj1984 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK?
your to easy
Wayne

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats just it Wayne ther is all kinds of paganism is your religion. The cross comes from the solstice and equinox lines of zodiac calendar.
Circumcision is a pagan Ritual of marking males,there are egyptian painting showing this that are much older then Christian religions.
Weddings are pagan in nature by the wearing of rings symbol of the rings of saturn. Baptism is a
ritual to put a child under holy water to symblies the renewal of life just as rain is to renewal the earth in paganism. The holy grail filled with wine is a representation of the blood that comes from the birth canel of a mentral woman not the blood of christ.
That is jusy a little taste of the paganism in
christian religions.
Whayne do come back for more.
Jammercolo, why do you want me to come back for more? To make you look foolish? To uncover your lies and liberal assaults against Christianity? Which you are only repeating. You have nothing new to add, do you? Here,, learn something,, and follow the link and read about your "pagan" gods. You might actually LEARN something.

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/new_testament...

The Death of the Mystery Gods and the Death of Jesus

The best way to evaluate the alleged dependence of early Christian beliefs about Christ's death and resurrection on the pagan myths of a dying and rising savior-god is to examine carefully the supposed parallels. The death of Jesus differs from the deaths of the pagan gods in at least six ways:

(1) None of the so-called savior-gods died for someone else. The notion of the Son of God dying in place of His creatures is unique to Christianity.[13]

(2) Only Jesus died for sin. As Gunter Wagner observes, to none of the pagan gods "has the intention of helping men been attributed. The sort of death that they died is quite different (hunting accident, self-emasculation, etc.)."[14]

(3) Jesus died once and for all (Heb. 7:27; 9:25-28; 10:10-14). In contrast, the mystery gods were vegetation deities whose repeated deaths and resuscitations depict the annual cycle of nature.

(4) Jesus' death was an actual event in history. The death of the mystery god appears in a mythical drama with no historical ties; its continued rehearsal celebrates the recurring death and rebirth of nature. The incontestable fact that the early church believed that its proclamation of Jesus' death and resurrection was grounded in an actual historical event makes absurd any attempt to derive this belief from the mythical, nonhistorical stories of the pagan cults.[15]

(5) Unlike the mystery gods, Jesus died voluntarily. Nothing like this appears even implicitly in the mysteries.

(6) And finally, Jesus' death was not a defeat but a triumph. Christianity stands entirely apart from the pagan mysteries in that its report of Jesus' death is a message of triumph. Even as Jesus was experiencing the pain and humiliation of the cross, He was the victor. The New Testament's mood of exultation contrasts sharply with that of the mystery religions, whose followers wept and mourned for the terrible fate that overtook their gods.[16]

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 27, 2008
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
your to easy
Firstly, it is "you're", and secondly, I don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evoution Frauds 7 min Mr Ironhart 1,566
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 15 min Loveismygoal 2,410
The Bible Says....... 20 min greg 142
Should Homosexuals be accepted in the church? (Sep '09) 23 min Loveismygoal 994
YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED by THE DEVIL --------#1 35 min greg 67
What's Dumber than a Catholic who doesn't ... 57 min Loveismygoal 200
“Stop telling God what to do, Albert!” 1 hr Hardcore 210
Being Ready ? 3 hr NDanger 226
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 9 hr purplelady1040 3,123
Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You |... (Mar '10) 17 hr Homey 18,833
More from around the web