Steroids: neo-thunder
Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 May 5, 2013
Athletes in modern times have been accused of ingesting illegal performance-enhancing steroids to boost their prowess and media attention.

Steroids are known to cause addiction, pain, long-term detriments to the body, and unnatural strength fluctuations. However, in the media frenzy celebrity age, athletes often feel emotional and social pressure to take steroids to maintain performance-criterion media adulation.

Because steroids physically change the human body, many doctors and psychologists wonder if the ingestion of such dramatic substances literally changes the athlete into someone less interested in sportsmanship and fair play. Athletes claim, however, that the use of steroids is mostly based on media attention pressures and not simply vanity or pride.

Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Celebrity" (1998) explore modern pressures in civilization regarding wealth celebration and fame obsession. Do such trends regress wisdom?

Thomas Hobbes wrote in his eerie philosophy book "Leviathan" (1651) that society ambition is governed by two wealth forces: festivity and panic. Such considerations are emotionally revealing of ambition sensitivity in the modern age symbolically ruled by consumerism-pensive video games such as "Diner Dash" (GameLab).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel is anti christ, literally 23 min Ben Avraham 248
the essay of mark twain about the jews 41 min Ben Avraham 64
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 1 hr Big Al 1,163
The truth is difficult, I understand. 1 hr Jake999 163
breath of god, and how we come to light. 2 hr Here For Now 78
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 3 hr Big Al 1,935
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 3 hr Big Al 247
More from around the web