Who Is God?

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#124 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up or shut up. I'll get us started, again.
God drowned all but 8 and burned Sodom alive "making them an example" to YOU!
2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
Actually it is you who needs to put up or shut up.
You pride yourself on ONLY the wrath and judgment of God.
Now show us the true meaning of the gospel.
You know,the parts where it talks about being saved,who the Lord is,why he died on the cross,God's loving mercy and forgiveness,how to obtain eternal life.walk in the path of righteousness and how to live righteously or is all of that too much for you to handle?
Because that is the Christian way of how to be a true witness for the Lord towards those who are lost.

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#125 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And His disciples also warned of the eternal Hell fire. You take a few Scriptures you like and ignore the rest. Is that the way you always read? You have no case.
LOL

Says the one ignoring anything but talk about "hell fire."

Says the one ignoring sleeping with your kids when you are drunk... using it as an excuse.

You are a sick sick man.

OK

So list all the times Jesus spoke of love and how many times he threatened people with hell.

I think that answer speaks for itself. You are not a christian, you are a fear monger.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#126 Nov 11, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is you who needs to put up or shut up.
You pride yourself on ONLY the wrath and judgment of God.
Now show us the true meaning of the gospel.
You know,the parts where it talks about being saved,who the Lord is,why he died on the cross,God's loving mercy and forgiveness,how to obtain eternal life.walk in the path of righteousness and how to live righteously or is all of that too much for you to handle?
Because that is the Christian way of how to be a true witness for the Lord towards those who are lost.
The reason you are without wisdom:

Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#127 Nov 11, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Says the one ignoring anything but talk about "hell fire."
Says the one ignoring sleeping with your kids when you are drunk... using it as an excuse.
You are a sick sick man.
OK
So list all the times Jesus spoke of love and how many times he threatened people with hell.
I think that answer speaks for itself. You are not a christian, you are a fear monger.
Hell is all you have to look forward to.

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#128 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'positive' only applies to those who repent.
Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
So you dont think a positive message would be a more effective one? I believe you are wrong here. Seems I remember Jesus speaking much more positive than negative. If you want to win souls for Jesus a positive message is the way to go.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#129 Nov 11, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>So you dont think a positive message would be a more effective one? I believe you are wrong here. Seems I remember Jesus speaking much more positive than negative. If you want to win souls for Jesus a positive message is the way to go.
I see many giving 'positive' messages to the lost. It just doesn't work.

Proverbs 1:7 (NKJV)
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

When someone fully realizes he is going to Hell then he can repent. Christians are responsible for telling them. We will be held accountable.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#130 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
When someone fully realizes he is going to Hell then he can repent. Christians are responsible for telling them. We will be held accountable.
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
You definitely don't work!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#131 Nov 11, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You definitely don't work!
Wrong. You are accountable. I have delivered my soul.

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#132 Nov 11, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>So you dont think a positive message would be a more effective one? I believe you are wrong here. Seems I remember Jesus speaking much more positive than negative. If you want to win souls for Jesus a positive message is the way to go.
All of us believers are apart of the body of Christ. I believe Dollars is doing exactly what the Lord put in his heart. I'm doing what the Lord put in my heart, and you're doing what the Lord put in your heart. As long as we don't deviate from the Word, we're doing His will.

1 Corinthians 12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Location hidden

#133 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let me simplify it for you. The joys of living a clean wholesome Christian life is a much more appealing reason to me to become a Christian than not going to hell. I know all about hell and so does everyone else. Share some of your personal joyous experiences. How has Jesus made you a better and happy person?

Location hidden

#134 Nov 11, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us believers are apart of the body of Christ. I believe Dollars is doing exactly what the Lord put in his heart. I'm doing what the Lord put in my heart, and you're doing what the Lord put in your heart. As long as we don't deviate from the Word, we're doing His will.
1 Corinthians 12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
Agreed!

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#135 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'positive' only applies to those who repent.
Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Amen!

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#136 Nov 11, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
I can honestly say that I repented for fear of the eternal Hell many years ago. The Biblical description of Hell is TERRIFYING!

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#137 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can honestly say that I repented for fear of the eternal Hell many years ago. The Biblical description of Hell is TERRIFYING!
That's what did it for me also! I was terrified the first time I read the bible!

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#138 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is all you have to look forward to.
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Really?

Are you judging me Dollarstard?

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Matthew 5:43-44

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Again... you are no christian, you are a FEAR MONGER.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#139 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that explains a lot.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

We go from that to this...

1 Peter 2:17

17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

Psalm 119:120
My flesh trembles in fear of you;

Isaiah 8:13

13 Sanctify the Lord of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Nope... no contradictions here...

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#140 Nov 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are without wisdom:
Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
That fits you to a "T".

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#141 Nov 11, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that explains a lot.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We go from that to this...
1 Peter 2:17
17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
Psalm 119:120
My flesh trembles in fear of you;
Isaiah 8:13
13 Sanctify the Lord of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
Nope... no contradictions here...
It has NO love and that is why it's trolling.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#142 Nov 12, 2013
In the latter years of this present earth age, God will come to earth and walk amongst us. Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth". This was and is the purpose of building the Temple in Jerusalem, the city of the Lord. When this happens, we will all know who God is. "For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". We will also all be witnesses. Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no god formed, neither shall there be after me".

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#143 Nov 13, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It has NO love and that is why it's trolling.
That was one of the many contradictions in the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity 3 min Barmsweb 293
gen 49: 27 2 hr Taranis 836
Gods Who Disagree With The Data 2 hr Taranis 23
Jehovah Witnesses collect addresses and phone n... 2 hr Taranis 121
The Nativity Story 2 hr The Tongue 230
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) (Feb '16) 2 hr par five 1,113
When did Satan ever tell "THE LIE?" (John 8:44) (Mar '10) 4 hr The Tongue 54
More from around the web