Who Is God?
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#1 Oct 26, 2013
“May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”

Psalm 83:18

“Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.”

Psalm 100:3

“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”

Isaiah 42:8

“Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Romans 10:13

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 27, 2013
Jesus is God.

"THE WORD was God"

John 1:1 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jesus Is

Kirribilli, Australia

#3 Oct 28, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
“May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”
PSALM 83:18
'18 Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord—
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.'

THE HEBREWS DIDN'T SPEAK OR WRITE GOD'S NAME, BECAUSETO THEM IT WAS TOO SACRED.
Jesus Is

Kirribilli, Australia

#4 Oct 28, 2013
a
HIS NAME IS NOT JEHOVAH.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#5 Oct 28, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Jesus is God.
"THE WORD was God"
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
How can the word be with God and be God? that would make 2 Gods!!!
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#6 Oct 28, 2013
Jesus Is wrote:
a
HIS NAME IS NOT JEHOVAH.
and your name is not your name.

Since: Jul 13

Toledo, OH

#7 Oct 28, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
“Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.”
Psalm 100:3
“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
Isaiah 42:8
“Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”
Romans 10:13
Exodus 6:3; Isaiah 12:2; Isaiah 26:4 (KJV).

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 29, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Jesus is God.
"THE WORD was God"
It's so amazing that our God would become flesh, and die for our sins.:)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#9 Oct 29, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so amazing that our God would become flesh, and die for our sins.:)
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
God did not become flesh God is invisible.

Colossians 1:15
Darby Translation (DARBY)
15 who is image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation;

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 30, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not become flesh God is invisible.
15 who is image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation;
Your argument is with the King James Bible, not me...

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#11 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay,dollarsbill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#12 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#13 Oct 30, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
I'm curious...You know how I interpret these verses, but how do you interpret them?

JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#14 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>I'm curious...You know how I interpret these verses, but how do you interpret them?
How could the word be with God and be God at the same time that would mean there are two Gods. other translations say "And the word was a god"
the word became flesh but he was the son of God not God himself.

Matthew 16:16
16 And Simon Peter answering said,*Thou* art the Christ, the Son of the living God

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 31, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
How could the word be with God and be God at the same time that would mean there are two Gods. other translations say "And the word was a god"
the word became flesh but he was the son of God not God himself.
Matthew 16:16
16 And Simon Peter answering said,*Thou* art the Christ, the Son of the living God
I'm not sure how the Word would be with God, and be God at the same time. I can't understand all the mysteries of God. I just trust in him, and know that I will understand when the time is right. The people that persecuted Jesus were upset with him saying he was the Son of God, because that is saying he is God. Idk...I don't really understand your point of view.

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 31, 2013
John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

I interpret these verses to mean Jesus is God, the creator of any thing that was made.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#17 Oct 31, 2013
John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
I interpret these verses to mean Jesus is God, the creator of any thing that was made.
If Jesus is God then How could he Be with God?
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#18 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how the Word would be with God, and be God at the same time. I can't understand all the mysteries of God. I just trust in him, and know that I will understand when the time is right. The people that persecuted Jesus were upset with him saying he was the Son of God, because that is saying he is God. Idk...I don't really understand your point of view.
How can Jesus Be the Son of God yet Be God at the same time is Jesus his own Son?

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#19 Oct 31, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Jesus Be the Son of God yet Be God at the same time is Jesus his own Son?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of...

The First Council of Nicaea was a council of Christian bishops convened in Nicaea in Bithynia by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in AD 325. This first ecumenical council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.

Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the nature of the Son of God and his relationship to God the Father,the construction of the first part of the Creed of Nicaea, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter, and promulgation of early canon law.

“God is Love”

Location hidden

#20 Nov 1, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you that I do not understand all the mysteries of God. Please tell me how you interpret the verses.
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 59 min PrufSammy 2,670
There is a National Rejection of God in America!! 3 hr Natalie 75
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 4 hr Natalie 1,379
Global Warming, Return of Christ. Any Relations... (Jul '07) 6 hr Natalie 21
jesus will never return 6 hr Natalie 144
Why has God stop communicating with man? 6 hr Natalie 136
Get the Chip at your employer 8 hr Natalie 17
More from around the web