|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>never said the bible was written in english, and have no idea what you said years ago. But I do say you are misinformed.
There is nothing written from before 340 ce (ad) about jesus or his disciples. I would think that some how something would have been written about him. The new testament was written to put the jews in their place and to control the masses. The leaders who ordered every one to convert or be killed did not believe in your jesus or god because they knew the truth
You would think an all-knowing god would have thought to have somebody on the scene that could document all that miracle stuff going on. I mean, Jesus was only supposed to be the most important figure in history. I mean really, I write down grocery lists. Just sayin

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what i know,
I do, and its not a lot!

LOL

Wow, you're one of the dumbnest SOB's Ive seen post here as of late!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I do, and its not a lot!
LOL
Now now, I am a bastard not a sob. And I know a lot, yep you beat me on the boy scout debate, no question about that but I bet there are subjects that you know little about as well.
And my point that similar groups can be formed that can snub your kind is valid.
Satan bless you and i will pray for you (to the good Lord Satan)

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I do, and its not a lot!
LOL
Well, I do not know if you are male or female, my take is you are a cross dresser.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
HERE'S MY THEORY:
When God created angels He didn't give them free-will. They had to obey Him.
Except satan.
Only Satan was given free will?

LOL, you really are an idiot!
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what i know, in fact did you know that your bible was written out of hundreds of questionable scrolls that disagreed with each other? Do you know that your gospels where changed because they conflicted with each other?
And tell me, how is it that the generation of the time of your jesus died with out all being fulfilled? Did jesus break his promise? No, the bible is a sham
a
SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE!
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

DID YOU KNOW,
that the Gospels have been translated into hundreds of different languages by different translators because not everyone understands the original languages?
And any differences are minor and change nothing important?

but a reader can always read what the text of the oldest New Testament said and catch any deliberate forgeries?

WHO WOULD BE SO DUMB?
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Burwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
DID YOU KNOW,
that the Gospels have been translated into hundreds of different languages by different translators because not everyone understands the original languages?
And any differences are minor and change nothing important?
but a reader can always read what the text of the oldest New Testament said and catch any deliberate forgeries?
WHO WOULD BE SO DUMB?
I even have a bible written in Klingon.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE!
After the death of Christ on the cross, and in the centuries before 419 A.D., there were many, perhaps hundreds of writings, and some forgeries that had to be sorted out and decided upon as to if they were canonical (canon = rule or official list) or not. The early Catholic Church was scattered out in communities over a wide geographic area. Many people in these communities liked the Shepherd of Hermas and it was very popular and read as if it were scripture. On The Shepherd of Hermas; in the document The Muratorian Fragment, approx. 170-180 A. D., it is written: "was written quite recently in our own time by Hermas, while his brother, Pius, was filling the chair of the Church of the city of Rome".( Pope Saint Pious I apparently occupied the chair of Peter approx. 140 - 155 A. D.). Origen ( 185-232 A.D.) believed the author of The Shepherd of Hermas to be the same Hermas referred to by Saint Paul in Romans 16:14. The Epistle of Barnabus was accepted as Scripture by Clement and Origen but not by Saint Jerome. While both of the books; the Shepherd of Hermas and the Epistle of Barnabus, were read and accepted by many Early Church communities they are not found in today's Bibles

The Gospel of Thomas was also in circulation and accepted by some followers of Mani ( Manicheans ). Saint Cyril of Jerusalem, in his Cathechesis V ( approx. 348 A.D.), states: "Let none read the gospel of Thomas, for it is the work, not of one of the twelve apostles, but one of Mani's three wicked disciples." Manichaeanism is a heretical idea that has echoed down the centuries and has persisted even unto today. Likewise, Gnosticism ( Gnostics were Docetists = Greek "to appear" ) teaches that salvation is liberation from the body because the material world is evil. These heretical teachings and writings were rejected as false by ecclestical authority. The important thing to remember about heretical ideas is that they will continue to re-emerge, in more virulent form ( variants ), and under different name, throughout the centuries.

Some communities did not accept the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) as Scripture, so it was not so popularly read and it was a disputed book. The Council of Laodicea about 360 A.D. did not include Revelation in the Canon of Scripture. Cyril, Bishop of Jerusalem, also rejected it and forbade it's reading in public or private as well. Athanasius, Bishop of Alexanderia, accepted it as Scripture as it is shown in his festal letter of 367 A.D.[1] Disputes over the canonicity of the Book of Revelation contributed to divisions in the Eastern Church communities, and some Greek Churches of today do not accept it as Sacred Scripture.[2][3]
http://www.catholicevangelism.org/h-canon1.sh...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

mztza wrote:
WOW,
GOD is funny, i guess,
he didn't want to force anybody like a slave to believe
isn't it strange, when a person wants someone to love, he wants it thru free will, instead of forcing them to love
But yet your God let's it be known (through people like YOU, mostly) that he will burn and torture you forever without ceasing if you DO NOT love him in just the right way and by just the right name.

How is that NOT "forcing us to believe"?

If someone loves allah with all their hearth and soul because they are born and live their lives in Saudi Arabia and that;s how those people know God, why would that person be fit only to be tortured forever by your Jesus?
peaches

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet your God let's it be known (through people like YOU, mostly) that he will burn and torture you forever without ceasing if you DO NOT love him in just the right way and by just the right name.
How is that NOT "forcing us to believe"?
If someone loves allah with all their hearth and soul because they are born and live their lives in Saudi Arabia and that;s how those people know God, why would that person be fit only to be tortured forever by your Jesus?
it's quite simple, your basic earth father,
provides for you, love, forgiveness
when you rebel, against the basic father,
don't they get angry or use tough love or put you in a program for troubled teens
especially, when you don't
APOLOGISE
and promise to listen, but yet don't
what more for GOD, he created everything
us, the world, what we have, what we use, eat, drink, breathe
if we are going to rebel against GOD, thru free will,
nobody forced us to rebel, GOD never said be my slave, you have to love me
if you love GOD, it's thru free will, never forced
if their is rebelling, there will always be
CONSEQUENCES
be honest, regardless of the consequences, and stick to it
in the end, you'll see if YOUR CHOICE was right
CONSEQUENCES rebelling against parents authority
CONSEQUENCES against mans laws
CONSEQUENCES against GODS law
break laws of any kind will always be
CONSEQUENCES
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

peaches wrote:
<quoted text>
it's quite simple, your basic earth father,
provides for you, love, forgiveness
when you rebel, against the basic father,
don't they get angry or use tough love or put you in a program for troubled teens
especially, when you don't
APOLOGISE
and promise to listen, but yet don't
what more for GOD, he created everything
us, the world, what we have, what we use, eat, drink, breathe
if we are going to rebel against GOD, thru free will,
nobody forced us to rebel, GOD never said be my slave, you have to love me
if you love GOD, it's thru free will, never forced
if their is rebelling, there will always be
CONSEQUENCES
be honest, regardless of the consequences, and stick to it
in the end, you'll see if YOUR CHOICE was right
CONSEQUENCES rebelling against parents authority
CONSEQUENCES against mans laws
CONSEQUENCES against GODS law
break laws of any kind will always be
CONSEQUENCES
That's silly. Your analogies are as shallow as a birdbath.

Anybody has the free will they can use to love ME. If they choose not to, I let them go on with their lives and I go on with mine.

I don't torture them FOREVER, don't kill them, don't imprison them, etc. Why am I more kind, loving and moral than your GOD?

Why does your God need to respond by torturing people eternally? Why not just let them go their own way and live their lives without God -- unless and until they change their minds and want to come BACK to give loving God a second chance?(Cf. God's original, eternal covenant with Israel. Plus, cf. the parable of the Prodigal Son.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

And you ducked this part of the question:

Again, If someone loves Allah with all their hearth and soul because they are born and live their lives in Saudi Arabia and that's how those people know God, why would that person be fit only to be tortured forever by your Jesus?

Who CREATED that Muslim soul as a person who would live their entire life in Saudi Arabia in a Muslim environment?

YOUR GOD, right?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

That's actually "HEART and soul," of course.

Loving somebody with all your hearth could get a bit messy.:)
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

WHY WAS THE SHEPHARD OF HERMAS REJECTED"?

The Shepherd of Hermas is a book that gives interesting insight into the life of early Christianity in the second century, but it wasn't written by an apostle of Christ.

As to the popularity of The Shepherd there can be no doubt that it was widely accepted among the early Christian congregations. It appears that the reason why The Shepherd eventually fell from its celebrated position to one of entire neglect was primarily because it failed the criteria of apostolic authorship.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

THE GOSPEL OF BARNABAS IS A FAKE GOSPEL:
http://www.apologia.50megs.com/Gospel%20of%20...
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

None of the accepted Gospel authors gave their names in their writings nor felt a need to answer the question who the Gospel was recorded by, which is in sharp contrast to fake Barnabas and many other spurious Evangelists who abused the name of an apostle or a significant figure while struggling to authorize their forgeries.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

THE FAKE GOSPEL OF THOMAS:

The Gospel of Thomas claims to be written by Didymus Judas Thomas. Didymus is a nickname meaning "twin" and Thomas also means "twin" in Aramaic. The writer apparently forgot that.

The Gospel of Thomas contains 114 alleged sayings of Jesus. They are disconnected teachings, sort of like Proverbs. There is nothing in there about any humanity of this thoroughly Gnostic Jesus.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

THE BOOK OF REVELATION:

During the 1st century CE, Judaism was composed of about 24 separate religious groups. Some of these were the Sadducees, Pharisees, Essenes, various groups within the Christian movement, followers of John the Baptist, etc. One which had a strong political agenda was the Zealot party.

The Zealots taught that a military-political Messiah would soon appear, as prophesized in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). He would conquer the world, and rule for a thousand years from Jerusalem.

This concept of millennialism was promoted during the second century CE, by Montanus, a recent convert to Christianity.

Because millennialists had traditionally used Revelation as the main source of their teachings, the Church was slow to accept Revelation as scripture.

DID YOU BOTHER TO RESEARCH ANY OF THIS NETIEBELLE?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of1,202
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••