|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
BUT 'SIN' IS AN ENGLISH WORD AND THE BIBLE WASN'T ORIGINALLY ENGLISH!
Big deal. It's a concept that's not found outside the Bible. It only applies to those that believe the Bible BS.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
WRITINGS OF EARLY CHURCH FATHERS:
IRENAEUS:(120-203 AD -- click here ) in regard to the authors of the Gospels:
"Matthew published his Gospel among the Hebrews in their own language, while Peter and Paul were preaching and founding the church in Rome. After their departure Mark, the disciple and interpreter of Peter, also transmitted to us in writing those things which Peter had preached; and Luke, the attendant of Paul, recorded in a book the Gospel which Paul had declared. Afterwards John, the disciple of the Lord, who also reclined on his bosom, published his Gospel, while staying at Ephesus in Asia."
---- In "Against Heresies" 3.1.1, and also quoted in Church History, Book V, Chapter 8 (See: click here )
So a few hundred years after the events took place some con men said that the bible was written by other pople who are dead???? WOW

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
WRITINGS OF EARLY CHURCH FATHERS:
IRENAEUS:(120-203 AD -- click here ) in regard to the authors of the Gospels:
"Matthew published his Gospel among the Hebrews in their own language, while Peter and Paul were preaching and founding the church in Rome. After their departure Mark, the disciple and interpreter of Peter, also transmitted to us in writing those things which Peter had preached; and Luke, the attendant of Paul, recorded in a book the Gospel which Paul had declared. Afterwards John, the disciple of the Lord, who also reclined on his bosom, published his Gospel, while staying at Ephesus in Asia."
---- In "Against Heresies" 3.1.1, and also quoted in Church History, Book V, Chapter 8 (See: click here )
Luke 21:32 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:34 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

OOPS, they died
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. It's a concept that's not found outside the Bible. It only applies to those that believe the Bible BS.
HINDUISM:
Most Hindus worship one Being of ultimate oneness (Brahman) through infinite representations of gods and goddesses. These various manifestations of gods and goddesses become incarnate within idols, temples, gurus, rivers, animals, etc.

Hindus see their position in this present life as based on their actions in a previous life. If their behavior before was evil, they might experience tremendous hardships in this life.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
HINDUISM:
Most Hindus worship one Being of ultimate oneness (Brahman) through infinite representations of gods and goddesses. These various manifestations of gods and goddesses become incarnate within idols, temples, gurus, rivers, animals, etc.
Hindus see their position in this present life as based on their actions in a previous life. If their behavior before was evil, they might experience tremendous hardships in this life.
Makes more sense than the crap that the christian cult is spewing

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
HINDUISM:
And what does this have to do with Bible sin?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does this have to do with Bible sin?
S/he is clutching at straws because s/he can not justify the bible (no one can)
The truth is there is no such thing as sin, there are bad acts and acts that we will not allow but no divine "sin"
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

THE RELIGION OF THE BAHA'IS:

the Bahá'í teachings compare the human heart to a mirror, which, if turned away from the light of the sun (i.e. God), is incapable of receiving God's love.

It is only by turning unto God that the spiritual advancement can be made. In this sense, "sinning" is to follow the inclinations of one's own lower nature, to turn the mirror of one's heart away from God.

Bahá'ís are also forbidden to confess their sins to others in order to have their sins removed. Forgiveness is between a person and God alone, and is thus a very personal affair.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>S/he is clutching at straws because s/he can not justify the bible (no one can)
The truth is there is no such thing as sin, there are bad acts and acts that we will not allow but no divine "sin"
Spot on

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
THE RELIGION OF THE BAHA'IS:
the Bahá'í teachings compare the human heart to a mirror, which, if turned away from the light of the sun (i.e. God), is incapable of receiving God's love.
It is only by turning unto God that the spiritual advancement can be made. In this sense, "sinning" is to follow the inclinations of one's own lower nature, to turn the mirror of one's heart away from God.
Bahá'ís are also forbidden to confess their sins to others in order to have their sins removed. Forgiveness is between a person and God alone, and is thus a very personal affair.
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bia...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bia...
You just described the christian cult.
Modern American christians pick and choose from the bible to justify themselves. Most have never read the whole bible
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So a few hundred years after the events took place some con men said that the bible was written by other pople who are dead???? WOW
A FEW HUNDRED YEARS?????????? WHAT ARE YOU ON?

Jesus is said to have been crucified aroun AD30,
The Disciples taught verbally because not everyone could read or afford written text!

Most were killed for what they taught and Matthew and John thankfully wrote Gospels before they died. BUT YEARS LATER!

HAVE A LOOK AT THE YEARS THIS MAN LIVED. AND TELL ME HOW YOU COME UP WITH "A FEW HUNDRED YEARS"!!!!!!!!

Then tell me who argued with what he wrote! and why no christian ever bothered to forge earlier evidence.

I DON'T FEEL UP TO SITTING HERE ALL DAY ARGUING OVER THINGS I ARGUED ABOUT YEARS AGO WITH PEOPLE WHO THINK THE BIBLEWAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN IN ENGLISH!
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>S/he is clutching at straws because s/he can not justify the bible (no one can)
a
I AM NOT CLUTCHING AT STRAWS AND I DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND THE BIBLE!
YOU HAVE TO DO MORE STUDY BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE BIBLE'S ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You just described the christian cult.
Modern American christians pick and choose from the bible to justify themselves. Most have never read the whole bible
Yep

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
The Disciples taught verbally because not everyone could read or afford written text!
Most were killed for what they taught and Matthew and John thankfully wrote Gospels before they died. BUT YEARS LATER!
HAVE A LOOK AT THE YEARS THIS MAN LIVED. AND TELL ME HOW YOU COME UP WITH "A FEW HUNDRED YEARS"!!!!!!!!
Then tell me who argued with what he wrote! and why no christian ever bothered to forge earlier evidence.
I DON'T FEEL UP TO SITTING HERE ALL DAY ARGUING OVER THINGS I ARGUED ABOUT YEARS AGO WITH PEOPLE WHO THINK THE BIBLEWAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN IN ENGLISH!
So you could remember word for word what someone told you 30 years ago?

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
YOU HAVE TO DO MORE STUDY BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE BIBLE'S ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!
Why is that even relevant?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
never said the bible was written in english, and have no idea what you said years ago. But I do say you are misinformed.
There is nothing written from before 340 ce (ad) about jesus or his disciples. I would think that some how something would have been written about him. The new testament was written to put the jews in their place and to control the masses. The leaders who ordered every one to convert or be killed did not believe in your jesus or god because they knew the truth
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

AND STUDY THIS:
http://www.google.com.au/webhp...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
You have no idea what i know, in fact did you know that your bible was written out of hundreds of questionable scrolls that disagreed with each other? Do you know that your gospels where changed because they conflicted with each other?
And tell me, how is it that the generation of the time of your jesus died with out all being fulfilled? Did jesus break his promise? No, the bible is a sham

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus is wrote:
What, books written by people who want to further their own agenda? No facts there.
That is like the faked shroud of Turin, even if it where thousands of years old what proof that it was your jesus's? Fraud is the best you have

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••