Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#1152 May 23, 2013
READ EZEKIEL 18 AND 33, WHICH IS AT THE END OF THE OLD TESTAMENT WHERE GOD ARGUES WITH THE ISRAELITES ABOUT THEIR KILLING LAWS:

EZEKIEL 33:10
“Son of man, say to the Israelites,‘This is what you are saying:“Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of[b] them. How then can we live?”’ 11 Say to them,‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF THE WICKED, BUT RATHER THAT THEY TURN FROM THEIR WAYS AND LIVE. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1154 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
They have indeed. Themselves.
What I meant - and you KNOW I meant this - is that atheists don;t proclaim that Christians will be somehow punished in the "next life" because they aren't atheists.

Christianity is an arrogant faith. It assumes that only Christians have the knowledge needed to attain salvation, and that anyone who is not a Christian will be punished for eternity.

Christians conveniently disregard babies who are born into Muslim, Jewish, or Hindu households and who die within days, before they've ever had a chance to decide whether or not to become Christians.

Christians conveniently disregard babies who are born with mental deficiencies, who may never be able to understand the message of Jesus and may never be able to consciously accept him as their savior.

Christians conveniently disregard people who are born in remote parts of the world, who never are exposed to Christianity ever in their lifetimes.

And you believe that all these people are damned?

That makes you an arrogant person, and it only proves what I've been saying all along: if there is a deity, it certainly is NOT the Christian God.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1155 May 23, 2013
When Jesus returns it will to Israel and fight against the enemies of Israel.

Zechariah 14:1-4 (NKJV)
1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east.

Location hidden

#1156 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the God of the OT who drowned all but 8 making them an example?
And after they exited the ark, what did God say? All humans will always be evil from childhood.

In other words, God failed to drown the evil of humanity. That's why he promised never to send another Flood, because he FAILED the first time and he realized it would be USELESS to try it again.

Your God is mythical. You're just too stupid to realize that.

Location hidden

#1157 May 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
And you believe that all these people are damned?
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
16 he that believeth not shall be damned.

Location hidden

#1158 May 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
Your God is mythical. You're just too stupid to realize that.
It's good that you are concerned. There may be hope for you yet. Maybe.

Location hidden

#1159 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed, you have earned your ticket to Hell fire FOREVER. They will soon be coming for you. They will find you.
"the furnace of fire"
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
You really ought to shut up about damnation already. According to the Bible, God damns people before he even creates them.
So, since my damnation is God's will, I don't have a choice.

All you're doing is reveling in someone else's misfortune, which makes you an evil person.

The ironic thing is, if the Bible is true, you're going to be my roommate in Hell.

----------

Romans 9:6-29

It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary,“It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. For this was how the promise was stated:“At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”

Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad — in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls — she was told,“The older will serve the younger.” Just as it is written:“Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. For Scripture says to Pharaoh:“I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

One of you will say to me:“Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God?“Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it,‘Why did you make me like this?’” Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath — prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory — even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? As he says in Hosea:“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people; and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,” and,“In the very place where it was said to them,‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’”

Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved. For the Lord will carry out his sentence on earth with speed and finality.”

It is just as Isaiah said previously:“Unless the Lord Almighty had left us descendants, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.”

--------

So there you have it - God makes people for his own purpose. Some he makes to be saved, and some he makes to be damned to use as an example.

If the Christian God exists, then we humans have no free will.

Christianity is therefore absurd.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1160 May 23, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
READ EZEKIEL 18 AND 33, WHICH IS AT THE END OF THE OLD TESTAMENT WHERE GOD ARGUES WITH THE ISRAELITES ABOUT THEIR KILLING LAWS:
EZEKIEL 33:10
“Son of man, say to the Israelites,‘This is what you are saying:“Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of[b] them. How then can we live?”’
----------
Say to them,‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF THE WICKED, BUT RATHER THAT THEY TURN FROM THEIR WAYS AND LIVE. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’
Hi, just wanted to help you out a little... The verse for the last part is... EZEKIEL 18:30

it didn't quite make sense... This might help other readers...:)

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1161 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And the God who burned the Sodomites alive?
You're a hypocrite.

Location hidden

#1162 May 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
The ironic thing is, if the Bible is true, you're going to be my roommate in Hell.
But we know you're a liar and Biblically illiterate.

Location hidden

#1163 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're a hypocrite.
Because I proved you are Biblically illiterate? LOL!

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#1164 May 23, 2013
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Seriously.... why is it an ignorant question?
If you will, please consider this question honestly..... if you had of been able to stop that destruction and loss and life.... would you have done it?
The bible states the following about god you believe in:
He stopped the sun from moving for a whole day..... he parted the red sea... in the form of Jesus he calmed the sea....
In other words he has the power the control the weather...
Give me one rational reason why, when he could have saved those people and stopped that destruction that he chose instead to watch it and do nothing?
Would there be any occasion at all where you as a christian could come across a person in a life threatening situation, and you have the ability to save their life without any effort or danger to yourself.....
And you would do nothing? Instead you would stand there and watch them die?
Of course not!!! Then why is it that you excuse your god for doing just that.....
The poster above... while his question comes across as perhaps lacking in empathy or at least tact.... no way is it an ignorant question....
What is ignorant, or to be more correct, highly dysfunctional, is to believe and worship a god that you believe is capable of ending all suffering and worse.... will remove it when he is good and ready.... How can you do that?
And the reason that you won't process this information is because of the cognitive dissonance it will cause you.
<><
More mindless atheASSt bulk wrap.
<><
Being a Christian does not exempt one from misfortune or death.
<><
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Location hidden

#1165 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know you're a liar and Biblically illiterate.
You know no such thing. Simply making a claim isn't good enough. You need to be able to back it up.

So put down that seventh cheese dog, you fat turd, and pony up some evidence.

Location hidden

#1166 May 23, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
<><
<><
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Allen Richards and dollarsbill are gay lovers.

Yep, it's true: I saw a video of the two of them in a public men's room. Allen Richards put a slice of Wonder bread in a urinal, and dollarsbill picked it up about three hours later and nibbled on it.

Since neither of them believes that claims ought to be backed up with evidence, all I have to do is make the claim and it's up to THEM to disprove it.

Location hidden

#1167 May 23, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You know no such thing. Simply making a claim isn't good enough. You need to be able to back it up.
So put down that seventh cheese dog, you fat turd, and pony up some evidence.
You just lied! LOL!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1168 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I proved you are Biblically illiterate? LOL!
You call everybody biblically illiterate. Not only are you a hypocrite, you also project.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1169 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell and eternal fire is CLEARLY taught throughout the NT. It's usually true that those who deny this fact will burn in Hell forever.
"the lake of fire" "tormented" "forever"
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
The problem is, I don't believe in the NT. I suppose you also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny? Your whole book is a myth and is based on a lie.
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

#1170 May 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He does nothing for you? How do you know He isn't hiding from you?
I did not say accuse your god of doing nothing for me..... I did not eve refer to myself.

I asked you a specific question.. and look at your reply above.

I asked you this:
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would there be any occasion at all where you as a christian could come across a person in a life threatening situation, and you have the ability to save their life without any effort, cost or danger to yourself.....And you would do nothing? Instead you would stand there and watch them die?.
And you cannot process what I have asked you.... you can't!!!!! And againin I'll explain why, and by the way this is not my opinion this accepted psychology.

For want of a better term, your present consciousness, the brain, ego, false self, it will not allow your subconscious, that is the real you, the part of you that will sometimes surface in times of stress or and ask the false ego.. "why do you do this to yourself"....etc

The 'real' you is mostly by-passed because we allow our brain (nothing more than an organic computer, artificial intelligence)) to run us on auto pilot......

It will not allow the real you to process the question that I have asked you...and again, your reply above is proof of the truth in what I'm saying.

We are not even aware that this is taking place..... and it occurs because of cognitive dissonance... Google it, look it up.

You see as soon as a christian begins to process what I've asked.... they will begin to feel physically ill on some level (it varies from person to person and on how long you have the beliefs that are now being challenged)

And this occurs because the real you, that is honest, you know you cannot reconcile this truth.

And because you already know that as soon as acknowlege this truth then your whole belief system is now being challenged on a rational logical and honest level and it won't stand the scrutiny......

It's easier to just ignore the question.
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

#1171 May 23, 2013
Prove me wrong......answer this....

'Would there be any occasion at all where you as a christian could come across a person in a life threatening situation, and you have the ability to save their life without any effort, cost or danger to yourself.....And you would do nothing? Instead you would stand there and watch them die?'

And when you give the only answer that can be given whcih is of course you would act immedialty to save a person's life or end their suffering..

Then try to explain why your god whi is the very personification of love (1Jihn 4:8) does not.

It can't be done.
JJJ

Surry Hills, Australia

#1172 May 23, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
<><
<><
And the same question for you..... if you past a starving child and you had ample food to share .....

Would you share it, or would you watch the child die...?

Would you share it immediately or perhpas wait a few more hours or day becasue you wanted the child to learn some lesson...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 4 min blacklagoon 1,150
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 15 min Seentheotherside 426
God's Love Vs God's Wrath 30 min Seentheotherside 156
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr Barnsweb 2,320
36 foot giant human skeleton prooves the bible ... (Nov '11) 1 hr blacklagoon 42
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr End Times 19,693
The post count of Dollarsbill 2 hr seenthisside 1,154
The Heathen's Home Page (Jun '13) 3 hr purplelady1040 4,392
More from around the web