|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, Harry Potter is already on a downhill spiral being taken over by Twilight to be taken over by Hunger Games. The soulless Americana keeps searching and never quite fulfilling their insatiable desires.
Now, GOD on the other hand fulfills those desires. Ever wonder "WHY" it's been around for 2k yrs? Must be something to it, huh?
Isn't it interesting that all these movies are to do with witchy poohs and blood suckers..nothing nice and are all on the dark side..
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I think you idiots on here are mixing up true Christianity ( A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST) with Roman Catholosism and all of its pagan symbols

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I think you idiots on here are mixing up true Christianity ( A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST) with Roman Catholosism and all of its pagan symbols
Catholics are not pagans. I am a Pagan, I am proud to be a Pagan and a Satanist.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>

If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel?
I asked this very question when I (was forced to go to) sunday school when I was 16.
It made no sense to me that an all powerful god that gave free will only to man and not to the angels could have any angels rebel.
They gave me a hard time for asking this and went and told my father how disrespectful I am blah blah and i caught a lot of crap for asking questions.
Than I was given the Satanic Bible by Lavey which made a lot more sense, and have grown and learned from there (I am not a follow of Lavey but he said some great things and opened my eyes)
The bible is full of crap and church people are truly evil shits

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Christianity is itself based on pagan symbols, and every fable in the New Testament was taken from an earlier myth or legend.

The virgin birth announced by a star, the slaughter of the innocents, the transformation of water into wine, raising the dead, the twelve apostles, the crucifixion, the resurrection, the ascension into the heavens - all these aspects of the Jesus myth came from ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian, Persian, and Indian myths and legends.

Christianity is a mythology. You can call it a religion if you like, but then every precursor to Christianity - Mithraism, Buddhism, and all the rest - were religions as well.

And all were just as full of myth and legend as Christianity.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I asked this very question when I (was forced to go to) sunday school when I was 16.
It made no sense to me that an all powerful god that gave free will only to man and not to the angels could have any angels rebel.
They gave me a hard time for asking this and went and told my father how disrespectful I am blah blah and i caught a lot of crap for asking questions.
Than I was given the Satanic Bible by Lavey which made a lot more sense, and have grown and learned from there (I am not a follow of Lavey but he said some great things and opened my eyes)
The bible is full of crap and church people are truly evil shits
I disagree with the very last thing you wrote - not all churchgoing people are evil.

However, I don't think attending church is what makes them good. People are good or bad despite their belief or lack of belief in a Supreme Being.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with the very last thing you wrote - not all churchgoing people are evil.
However, I don't think attending church is what makes them good. People are good or bad despite their belief or lack of belief in a Supreme Being.
I use separate terms for different people; Christians are the ones who truly believe in their jesus and TRY to live by what their bible says, the christian cult are the fundies like the ones posting hatred here, church people are the ones who go to church just for social status.
You are correct that not every one who goes to church are evil.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I use separate terms for different people; Christians are the ones who truly believe in their jesus and TRY to live by what their bible says, the christian cult are the fundies like the ones posting hatred here, church people are the ones who go to church just for social status.
You are correct that not every one who goes to church are evil.
One thing about a Christian however, is before his own master he stands or fall...so i believe that is good news that you are not the master..
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about the bible, so stop you foolishness and go and read it in its context and you might stop making stupid posts all the time. Why don't you go on the atheist forum if you wanna B!t#h about Christianity so much, atleast you will be welcomed by your other ignorant wicked members there.
SALVATION
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Your faith produces good works. It is quite simple. Believe in and Love God, accept Jesus as your savior, repent of your sins and follow the commands of God.
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS in Matthew 25:31-46:

Mat 25:31-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They know nothing about the bible, try to make little effort to understand it, but all of a sudden are experts in it with their interpretation and everyone is a idiot for not believing the wicked and immoral thoughts they have.
Sounds like you have no answer to any of the original thoughtful points about how absurd your theology is. So you stamp your feet like a petualnt child. LOL.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
But I now use their name and make their negative posts positive and full of helpful scriptures. "Thinking" doesn't like that i took their name, but they will get over it.
Yes, typical lying fundamentalist Christian, full of deceit, etc.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about the bible, so stop you foolishness and go and read it in its context and you might stop making stupid posts all the time. Why don't you go on the atheist forum if you wanna B!t#h about Christianity so much, atleast you will be welcomed by your other ignorant wicked members there.
SALVATION
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Your faith produces good works. It is quite simple. Believe in and Love God, accept Jesus as your savior, repent of your sins and follow the commands of God.
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Yes, you quote the favorite clobber verses of your particular Protestant fundamentalist CULT.

But the point is the the NT says OTHER THINGS about salvation, and you pointedly ignore those, because well, Pastor Billy Bob TOLD you what the "Truth" is, didn't he?

Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...

Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...

Conflicts between the Gospel of John and the remaining three (Synoptic) gospels
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_john.ht...

Quote:

"The Gospel of John reflects a Christian tradition that is different from that of the other gospels. It was rejected as heretical by many individuals and groups within the early Christian movement. It was used extensively by the Gnostic Christians. But it was ultimately accepted into the official canon, over many objections. It is now the favorite gospel of many conservative Christians, and the gospel least referred to by many liberal Christians."

"Basis of personal salvation:
SYNOPTICS: Good works, helping the poor, sick, imprisoned, and needy
JOHN: Belief in Jesus as the Son of God (and Paul)"
OKAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Amelia Sugar COCAINE wrote:
Finally someone gets it. Christianity and any other religious cult is absurd. It's a great way for those so call leaders to take your money while all the time they are fornicating and breaking every law made by God known to man.
This isn't a political debate. You're in the wrong forum.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

“While Tertullian believed the atonement because it was absurd, I reject it because it is absurd. To accept the most fundamental Christain doctrine, namely that Jesus died for your sins, requires one to believe something that is illogical, immoral, and incoherent. In essence, it requires a sacrificium intellectus, the sacrifice of our own intelligence.”- Ken Pulliam, Ph.D. in Theology from Bob Jones University (1986), "Why I De-Converted from Evangelical Christianity"
OKAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Big Al wrote:
“While Tertullian believed the atonement because it was absurd, I reject it because it is absurd. To accept the most fundamental Christain doctrine, namely that Jesus died for your sins, requires one to believe something that is illogical, immoral, and incoherent. In essence, it requires a sacrificium intellectus, the sacrifice of our own intelligence.”- Ken Pulliam, Ph.D. in Theology from Bob Jones University (1986), "Why I De-Converted from Evangelical Christianity"
Relying on what a mere mortal writes...tsk, tsk.
OKAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the fact that Christianity was declared the only official religion of the Roman Empire in 380 CE with heresy punishable by death for the next 1,300 years might have had something to do with why Christianity has been around so long?
Not in the least.
OKAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that all these movies are to do with witchy poohs and blood suckers..nothing nice and are all on the dark side..
Yet not surprising.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the least.
I think that if the religion of Zeus had been declared the only official religion of the Roman Empire and heresy punishable by death for 1,300 years do you would be a Zeus believer today?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Relying on what a mere mortal writes...tsk, tsk.
…and you get your information directly from “God”.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." Susan B Anthony,
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that if the religion of Zeus had been declared the only official religion of the Roman Empire and heresy punishable by death for 1,300 years do you would be a Zeus believer today?
What religion did you go up in?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What religion did you go up in?
Christianity

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••