Christianity is absurd

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#627 May 13, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
More lying gas atheASST bulk wrap.
Allen, is that all you can do? Call me a liar without offering evidence to support your claim?

You're a typical small-minded reactionary clod. All you know how to do is whine.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#628 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Just explained that above..
The problem couldn't be fixed until the seed crushed Satan in the head...
The flood just got rid of evil when it gets too wicked that even a righteous-man is in trouble of being overwhelmed
because God rescues the righteous...scripture states ' his angel is encamped all around the righteous to rescue him.'
The Flood did NOT get rid of evil, that's my point!

After the Flood God said "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood." (Genesis 8:21)

Which human heart was he talking about? The heart of Noah and his family, the only humans left after God destroyed all the others.

Can you not read? God admits AFTER the Flood that Man will always be evil.

The Flood solved nothing.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#629 May 13, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flood did NOT get rid of evil, that's my point!
After the Flood God said "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood." (Genesis 8:21)
Which human heart was he talking about? The heart of Noah and his family, the only humans left after God destroyed all the others.
Can you not read? God admits AFTER the Flood that Man will always be evil.
The Flood solved nothing.
So, you admit there was a flood! And you admit God wrote those words! You're coming around!

lol

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#631 May 13, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, and I believe Iron Man leads the Avengers....since we are flinging bulls-h-i-t...that has equivalent credibility..
Hey now on that we agree
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#632 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't punish ..the man punishes his family by his own actions..
This shows I believe how an atheist..blames God for the results his sins have , whilst allowing him to keep the bad he loves to do.
Isn’t it your “God” that demands that people be sent to eternal punishment in hell?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#633 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong....Holy Spirit was promised to all Christians,,
Ephesians 1 [13] " but you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth , the good news of your salvation . by means of him after you believed you were sealed with the promise Holy Spirit."
Also Jesus is the messenger of the new covenant...another name for testament..and it is his teachings that are recorded by the Apostles , and Paul...
Church may have collated the writings ..but certainly didn't write them
Holy Spirit has never led a 'sect' yet..the Holy Spirit has only led Gods people who are in his new covenant..
because you can be in what you call a 'church' but not be in the covenant which Jesus mediates..where God says he will be our god and we his people...so its only the new covenant that is what makes a Christian Gods people ..not belonging to any man made institution.
The scriptures do not say that the church is the final authority at all...what a lie
Scripture states Jesus said " All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth ...go and make disciples [ of him...not members for a church] and I will be with you until the end..
He will be with us, because of faith in his name..is what exercises the authority
Jesus is the only name given among men for salvation...
Jesus has all authority , not the Catholic church ..and he is with us, who exercise faith in him.
the Bible was composed so we can be helped to believe Jesus is the Messiah. It does not say the Bible is all we need for salvation, much less that the Bible is all we need for theology; nor does it say the Bible is even necessary to believe in Christ. After all, the earliest Christians had no New Testament to which they could appeal; they learned from oral, rather than written, instruction.
The Bible denies that it is sufficient as the complete rule of faith. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to "stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15).

This oral teaching was accepted by Christians, just as they accepted the written teaching that came to them later. Jesus told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). The Church, in the persons of the apostles, was given the authority to teach by Christ; the Church would be his representative. He commissioned them, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19).
The truth of the faith has been given primarily to the leaders of the Church (Eph. 3:5), who, with Christ, form the foundation of the Church (Eph. 2:20). The Church has been guided by the Holy Spirit, who protects this teaching from corruption (John 14:25-26, 16:13).
Without the Catholic Church’s teaching authority, we would not know with certainty which purported books of Scripture are authentic. If the Church revealed to us the canon of Scripture, it can also reveal to us the "canon of Tradition" by establishing which traditions have been passed down from the apostles. After all, Christ promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church (Matt. 16:18) and the New Testament itself declares the Church to be "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15).
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/scripture-and-...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#634 May 13, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, and I believe Iron Man leads the Avengers....since we are flinging bulls-h-i-t...that has equivalent credibility..
recognize your right to believe as you wish.
Recognize my right to believe as I wish.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#635 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong....Holy Spirit was promised to all Christians,,
Ephesians 1 [13] " but you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth , the good news of your salvation . by means of him after you believed you were sealed with the promise Holy Spirit."
Also Jesus is the messenger of the new covenant...another name for testament..and it is his teachings that are recorded by the Apostles , and Paul...
Church may have collated the writings ..but certainly didn't write them
Holy Spirit has never led a 'sect' yet..the Holy Spirit has only led Gods people who are in his new covenant..
because you can be in what you call a 'church' but not be in the covenant which Jesus mediates..where God says he will be our god and we his people...so its only the new covenant that is what makes a Christian Gods people ..not belonging to any man made institution.
The scriptures do not say that the church is the final authority at all...what a lie
Scripture states Jesus said " All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth ...go and make disciples [ of him...not members for a church] and I will be with you until the end..
He will be with us, because of faith in his name..is what exercises the authority
Jesus is the only name given among men for salvation...
Jesus has all authority , not the Catholic church ..and he is with us, who exercise faith in him.
I'll bet you must think that some southern Baptists wrote the New Testament, or was it Methodists? lol
There were no other Christians around during those times but members of one church, the Catholic Church.
Yes, it was the first Catholics who wrote those books in the NT, and it was the Catholic Church who gave us the Bible.
The New Testament is a Catholic document.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#636 May 13, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, is that all you can do? Call me a liar without offering evidence to support your claim?
You're a typical small-minded reactionary clod. All you know how to do is whine.
<><
You are just another brain dead atheASSt mad at mommy and daddy for making you go to church when you wanted to watch cartoons. I addressed your post which had several lies in it about scripturet. All you had to do was quote the scriptures and prove me wrong but you are too stupid to do that. You are the one whining. "You called me a liar without evidence, Boo hoo hoo."

US 62 @ US 81

#637 May 13, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
I guess I did miss something. What are you talking about?
<><
I guess you did. You missed this.
<><
Allen Richards wrote:
<><
How many lies in this piece ash hit?
<><
a. 10
b. 11
c. 12
<><
Another brain dead atheASSt who thinks he can prove something about the Bible by quoting bits and pieces of scripture out-of-context. Just another scarecrow singing, "If I only had a brain." Guess he's mad at mommy and daddy for making him go to church when he wanted to stay home and watch cartoons.
End wrote:

<><
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was just relating bible stories. It sounded right to me.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638 May 13, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid at all. Do you know why? Because you cannot tell me, in detail, what your soul felt, thought, saw or heard when it first entered your body.
I've asked you several times to describe what your soul experienced as you were being born.
And you've never been able to.
That tells me that the soul has no capacity for thinking, feeling, seeing, or hearing. And therefore the soul cannot feel pain or joy. Heaven and hell are meaningless.
It's a fact that you cannot think, feel, see or hear until your brain develops. Which means that those things depend on the brain.
When the brain is destroyed, so is your personality, your memories, your essence. You stop existing.
That may scare you, but it doesn't scare me.
Nothing you say scares me, you stupid punk.
When you're burning in Hell you will remember.

Matthew 13:50 (NKJV)
50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#639 May 13, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
LOL....that's it? That's all you've got?
Sheesh.
<quoted text>
That's plenty. That's where Jesus will return, this generation.

Zechariah 14:2-4 (NKJV)
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#640 May 13, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
israel is back?...bwhahahahhah...back from what....when Hitler was wiping them out, where was your god....retard....
israel came into being in 1949....thanks to American taxpayers....
That was 1948. The State of Israel ceased to exist. They are back. God doesn't ask for you money. He just takes it. God fights for Israel. They are back to stay.

Amos 9:15 (NKJV)
15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#641 May 13, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
But billy-boy....
You don't speak for all Christians, you're not representative of them, and as of yet, it's still highly doubtable you even are one.
What's more, NOOOOOOObody EVER lost an argument with YOU!
Thanks for the laugh, though.
But you are Biblically illiterate. Your opinions do not overrule God. Now you know.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#642 May 13, 2013
janeebee wrote:
FALSE. Gay defenders will NOT burn in Hell.
They will indeed.
"God gave them up to vile passions" "men with men" "also those who approve"

Romans 1:26-32 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

US 62 @ US 81

#643 May 13, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you must think that some southern Baptists wrote the New Testament, or was it Methodists? lol
There were no other Christians around during those times but members of one church, the Catholic Church.
Yes, it was the first Catholics who wrote those books in the NT, and it was the Catholic Church who gave us the Bible.
The New Testament is a Catholic document.
<><
I'll bet you think some Catholics wrote the New Testament, 700 +/- years before there was a church in Rome with a pope in charge. The Catholic church did not give us anything but the Inquisition. God gave us the New Testament and the Old Testament. The people who wrote the NT were NOT Catholics. They were merely Christians.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#644 May 13, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
I'll bet you think some Catholics wrote the New Testament, 700 +/- years before there was a church in Rome with a pope in charge. The Catholic church did not give us anything but the Inquisition. God gave us the New Testament and the Old Testament. The people who wrote the NT were NOT Catholics. They were merely Christians.
The Catholic church started when it was founded by Jesus.
The first Christians were Catholic, there simply was no other Christian church around at that time.
Bible Canon came out of the Catholic Church.
Religious beliefs/Canon had already been established and accepted and taught long before any of these things were written down.
All these things came out of the Catholic church.
If you don't accept this then why do you accept the NT?
It was the authority of the Catholic church who determined which books were inspired and were to BE the NT.
YOU accept the NT yet reject the authority who GAVE it to you.

Silly you.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#646 May 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>That was 1948. The State of Israel ceased to exist. They are back. God doesn't ask for you money. He just takes it. God fights for Israel. They are back to stay.
Amos 9:15 (NKJV)
15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God.
Amen brother!.. I'm moving to Israel... lol :)

Have a nice day!

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#647 May 13, 2013
Every generation has been making the same claim. He hasn't returned yet, so pardon me if I don't get all worked up about it.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's plenty. That's where Jesus will return, this generation.
Zechariah 14:2-4 (NKJV)
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#648 May 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother!.. I'm moving to Israel... lol :)
Have a nice day!
Praise Jesus! He is alive forevermore.

Revelation 1:18 (NKJV)
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the essay of mark twain about the jews 1 hr Seentheotherside 71
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Seentheotherside 1,938
The truth is difficult, I understand. 1 hr Seentheotherside 166
breath of god, and how we come to light. 2 hr Seentheotherside 80
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 2 hr Seen Is Awesome 1,165
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 2 hr Seentheotherside 248
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 5 hr Barmsweb 2,620
More from around the web