Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#373 May 9, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
For several reasons:
1. The Path of Salvation
There is no consistent Christian account of how humans are supposed to be saved, although this is of the utmost practical urgency.
The thief on the cross simply believed in Jesus, and said so. He obtained salvation.

Luke 23:42-43 (NKJV)
42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." 43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#374 May 9, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
Remarriage is Adultery
Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and the one who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.(Luke 16:18 NAB)
Guess that makes me a sinner HAHAHAHAHAHA
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#375 May 9, 2013
According to the generally accepted Christian theory of atonement the sin of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden was subsequently credited to all of their descendants worldwide down to the present generation. Thomas Paine had this to say about that…

"The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice.”- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Would anyone think it just to put the children of convicted criminals in jail simply because they are the children of criminals?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#376 May 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The thief on the cross simply believed in Jesus, and said so. He obtained salvation.
Luke 23:42-43 (NKJV)
42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." 43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
Yes, and in Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus makes EXPLICITLY CLEAR who gets eternal life (those who have done selfless good works) and who gets eternal punishment (those who failed to do such good works).

As a previous poster said, there is NO CONSISTENT account of salvation in the Bible.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...

Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
Me Myself and I

Pineville, WV

#377 May 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and in Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus makes EXPLICITLY CLEAR who gets eternal life (those who have done selfless good works) and who gets eternal punishment (those who failed to do such good works).
As a previous poster said, there is NO CONSISTENT account of salvation in the Bible.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...
Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
Wow, the dumbass Gillette still lurks. You have been shown wrong numerous times. I hope the ones that post know what a whiny ass jerk you really are.
Me Myself and I

Pineville, WV

#378 May 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and in Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus makes EXPLICITLY CLEAR who gets eternal life (those who have done selfless good works) and who gets eternal punishment (those who failed to do such good works).
As a previous poster said, there is NO CONSISTENT account of salvation in the Bible.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...
Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
What a LIAR and biblical illiterate you really are. You must be a nonbelieving Jew. Here, Jesus is EXPLICITLY telling those who did "wonderful" works what He thinks of them.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And you dumbass twit, the bible is VERY CLEAR about salvation.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You may not answer me and I don't blame you because I just handed you your ass on a platter but at least others will know the truth. The truth being you are an illiterate hack.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#379 May 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and in Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus makes EXPLICITLY CLEAR who gets eternal life (those who have done selfless good works) and who gets eternal punishment (those who failed to do such good works).
As a previous poster said, there is NO CONSISTENT account of salvation in the Bible.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savc.ht...
Salvation: According to the ancient creeds & the Bible
Exactly my point - there are at least three different schools of Christian thought shoehorned into the NT.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#380 May 9, 2013
Me Myself and I wrote:
<quoted text>
What a LIAR and biblical illiterate you really are. You must be a nonbelieving Jew. Here, Jesus is EXPLICITLY telling those who did "wonderful" works what He thinks of them.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
And you dumbass twit, the bible is VERY CLEAR about salvation.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
You may not answer me and I don't blame you because I just handed you your ass on a platter but at least others will know the truth. The truth being you are an illiterate hack.
Wayne, as usual, you pull the typical fundie trick of ignoring scripture:

Good Works

Matthew 7:21 - It is not anyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Matthew 19:16-17 - to have life, keep the commandments
John 14:21 - he who keeps the commandments loves me
Romans 2:2-8 - eternal life by perseverance in good works
Galatians 5:4-6 - nothing counts but faith working through love
Ephesians 2:8-10 - we are created in Christ Jesus for good works
Philippians 2:12-13 - work out salvation with fear and trembling
James 2:14-26 - a man is justified by works and not faith alone

Judged according to deeds

Romans 2:5-8 - God will repay each man according to his works
2 Corinthians 11:15 - recompense accord to what one did in their body (their end will correspond to their deeds)
Colossians 3:24-25 - will receive due payment for whatever you do
1 Peter 1:17 - God judges impartially accordingly to one's works
Revelation 20:12-13 - dead judged according to their deeds

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#381 May 9, 2013
What do you expect? The Bible was written by human men who labored under a delusion.....of helping an imaginary God.
little lamb

Australia

#382 May 9, 2013
Big Al wrote:
According to the generally accepted Christian theory of atonement the sin of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden was subsequently credited to all of their descendants worldwide down to the present generation. Thomas Paine had this to say about that…
"The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice.”- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
Would anyone think it just to put the children of convicted criminals in jail simply because they are the children of criminals?
Its more along the lines that even science acknowledges..that we inherit genes ..and the genetic code that come from a fallen man..are flawed...

" Can someone produce something clean out of a unclean thing'

That is why it takes the BLOOD of Christ , to wash away the sin of the world.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#384 May 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more along the lines that even science acknowledges..that we inherit genes ..and the genetic code that come from a fallen man..are flawed...
" Can someone produce something clean out of a unclean thing'
That is why it takes the BLOOD of Christ , to wash away the sin of the world.
So you think it’s just to punish the children for the wrongdoing of the parents?
little lamb

Australia

#385 May 9, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it’s just to punish the children for the wrongdoing of the parents?
God made us out of the dust of the earth...we are all just clay vessels..if the first mold gets a crack in it we all inherit the crack..

But God promises to fix us up, through Jesus Christ..and Jesus baptizes us with fire and spirit.

puts us through the furnace to smelt all the scummy doss off and leaves behind the precious gold.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#387 May 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
God made us out of the dust of the earth...we are all just clay vessels..if the first mold gets a crack in it we all inherit the crack..
But God promises to fix us up, through Jesus Christ..and Jesus baptizes us with fire and spirit.
puts us through the furnace to smelt all the scummy doss off and leaves behind the precious gold.
If your “God” is omnipotent and omniscient Adam and Eve were created exactly the way “He” wanted them to be created and if their actions offended “Him” in some way “He” has nobody to blame but “Himself”.

"...if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself.”- Albert Einstein
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#388 May 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, as usual, you pull the typical fundie trick of ignoring scripture:
Good Works
Matthew 7:21 - It is not anyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Matthew 19:16-17 - to have life, keep the commandments
John 14:21 - he who keeps the commandments loves me
Romans 2:2-8 - eternal life by perseverance in good works
Galatians 5:4-6 - nothing counts but faith working through love
Ephesians 2:8-10 - we are created in Christ Jesus for good works
Philippians 2:12-13 - work out salvation with fear and trembling
James 2:14-26 - a man is justified by works and not faith alone
Judged according to deeds
Romans 2:5-8 - God will repay each man according to his works
2 Corinthians 11:15 - recompense accord to what one did in their body (their end will correspond to their deeds)
Colossians 3:24-25 - will receive due payment for whatever you do
1 Peter 1:17 - God judges impartially accordingly to one's works
Revelation 20:12-13 - dead judged according to their deeds
I love how people of this ilk, when shown a certain scripture passage where Jesus advocates or will judge by good works, will say, "Oh yeah? You're WRONG because over HERE in Paul it says XXX!"

Well, whatever it says in Paul, etc. that never negates the CLEAR words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46, for example.

At the very least, they need to admit, at least to themselves, that the Bible says MANY DIFFERENT THINGS abut salvation, etc. Why WOULD it, if it is, in fact, the inerrant "Wod of God"?
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#389 May 9, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
If your &#8220;God&#8221; is omnipotent and omniscient Adam and Eve were created exactly the way &#8220;He&#8221; wanted them to be created and if their actions offended &#8220;Him&#8221; in some way &#8220;He&#8221; has nobody to blame but &#8220;Himself&#8221;.
"...if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself.&#8221; - Albert Einstein
should GOD,
be blamed for the sins you've committed
with your free WILL
were we not given a brain, a conscience,
thinking process, to evaluate what good or bad actions to take
i can't imagine, how some people, never think thru, before they represent themselves as being so
NAIVE??
if one has free will, it's only
LOGIC
everybody else has
FREE WILL
Me Myself and I

Pineville, WV

#390 May 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how people of this ilk, when shown a certain scripture passage where Jesus advocates or will judge by good works, will say, "Oh yeah? You're WRONG because over HERE in Paul it says XXX!"
Well, whatever it says in Paul, etc. that never negates the CLEAR words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46, for example.
At the very least, they need to admit, at least to themselves, that the Bible says MANY DIFFERENT THINGS abut salvation, etc. Why WOULD it, if it is, in fact, the inerrant "Wod of God"?
Answer me directly you wuss. PAUL didn't write Matthew you stupid twit.

And yes, Jesus DOES say many things about salvation and they ALL line up with each other. Just because you re too stupid to understand it means nothing.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#391 May 9, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wayne, as usual, you pull the typical fundie trick of ignoring scripture:
Good Works
Matthew 7:21 - It is not anyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Matthew 19:16-17 - to have life, keep the commandments
John 14:21 - he who keeps the commandments loves me
Romans 2:2-8 - eternal life by perseverance in good works
Galatians 5:4-6 - nothing counts but faith working through love
Ephesians 2:8-10 - we are created in Christ Jesus for good works
Philippians 2:12-13 - work out salvation with fear and trembling
James 2:14-26 - a man is justified by works and not faith alone
Judged according to deeds
Romans 2:5-8 - God will repay each man according to his works
2 Corinthians 11:15 - recompense according to what one did in their body (their end will correspond to their deeds)
Colossians 3:24-25 - will receive due payment for whatever you do
1 Peter 1:17 - God judges impartially accordingly to one's works
Revelation 20:12-13 - dead judged according to their deeds
Nettibelle, I believe this is the first time we have spoken to one another. I have seen you on here for many years, but have never really gotten the chance to talk to you. It's a pleasure to meet you. Can we be friends?

I am not religious, per se, but I found the points you raised to be interesting.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#392 May 9, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
If your “God” is omnipotent and omniscient Adam and Eve were created exactly the way “He” wanted them to be created and if their actions offended “Him” in some way “He” has nobody to blame but “Himself”.
a
HEY YEAAAAAAH, HE MUST HAVE KNOWN THAT HE COULD BEAT SIN.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#393 May 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more along the lines that even science acknowledges..that we inherit genes ..and the genetic code that come from a fallen man..are flawed...
" Can someone produce something clean out of a unclean thing'
That is why it takes the BLOOD of Christ , to wash away the sin of the world.
Amen. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#394 May 9, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nettibelle, I believe this is the first time we have spoken to one another. I have seen you on here for many years, but have never really gotten the chance to talk to you. It's a pleasure to meet you. Can we be friends?
I am not religious, per se, but I found the points you raised to be interesting.
It would be my pleasure.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
From The Desk Of Pastor LDM 8 min The Branch 68
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 37 min ste 407
happy birthday, jesus!!! 45 min dollarsbill 8
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr dollarsbill 1,911
CARE 2 SHARE Ur Favorite Scriptures ? 1 hr Hope 68
Is there a microchip implant in your future? 1 hr dollarsbill 1
Christian Topix forum? 2 hr dollarsbill 298
sex talk addiction 2 hr dollarsbill 128
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 8 hr dollarsbill 44
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 10 hr Sundog512 18,473
More from around the web