This is one of your favorites.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#284 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE THIS IS NOT REAL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fpajHwwuzigXX
I'm not talking about other fraudulant healings, I'm talking about this one!
You're an idiot.

"Anna’s story: Another victim of TB Joshua’s bogus healing"

http://tbjoshuawatch.wordpress.com/2011/11/26...
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#285 May 8, 2013
THE BOOK OF ACTS:

The Book of Acts also provides us with a clue as to when the gospels were written. Acts records the highlights in the life and ministry of the Apostle Paul. The book concludes with Paul at Rome awaiting trial before Caesar.

ACTS: 28:30-31:
'For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ'(Acts 28:30-31).

The inference is that Acts was written while Paul was still alive, seeing his death is not recorded. Since there is good evidence that Paul died in the Neronian persecution about A.D. 67, the Book of Acts can be dated approximately A.D. 62.

AND IF ACTS WAS WRITTEN BY LUKE AFTER THE GOSPEL OF LUKE, then the gospel was written before AD 62.

and if Luke was dependant on Mark's gospel, then Mark's gospel had to have been circulating BEFORE AD 62.

Location hidden

#286 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
NEW VIDEO - EVOLUTION FRAUDS:
http://www.godtube.com/watch/...
Antibiotics and polymers were developed using models of evolutionary theory.

If evolutionary theory is false then antibiotics and polymers would not work.

Antibiotics and polymers work.

Therefore evolutionary theory is not false.

Therefore your video is bogus, and you are an idiot.

Location hidden

#287 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
THE BOOK OF ACTS:
The Book of Acts also provides us with a clue as to when the gospels were written. Acts records the highlights in the life and ministry of the Apostle Paul. The book concludes with Paul at Rome awaiting trial before Caesar.
'For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ'(Acts 28:30-31).
The inference is that Acts was written while Paul was still alive, seeing his death is not recorded. Since there is good evidence that Paul died in the Neronian persecution about A.D. 67, the Book of Acts can be dated approximately A.D. 62.
AND IF ACTS WAS WRITTEN BY LUKE AFTER THE GOSPEL OF LUKE, then the gospel was written before AD 62.
and if Luke was dependant on Mark's gospel, then Mark's gospel had to have been circulating BEFORE AD 62.
You're a complete idiot.

Read this book and then tell me you still believe that Jesus was the Son of God:

http://www.amazon.com/Born-Again-Skeptics-Gui...

I've loaned my copy to several Christians, and so far only one has remained a Christian (because his family would disown him if he strayed.)

I dare you to read it. I know you won't because your faith is weak already and deep down you really don't believe in God.

Location hidden

#288 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
THE BOOK OF ACTS:
The INFERENCE? LMAO!

If this and if that... all a bunch of ifs.

Do you have any solid evidence for your claims? No, you do not. You make an assumption, offer no proof that it's true, then continue to pile on assumptions until you reach a conclusion that is demonstrably false.

The Bible is bunk. Your faith is a sham. The person named "Jesus" depicted in the Bible is a mythical creature. Christianity is a sham.
OKAY

United States

#289 May 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text> the truth is always infinitely more than anyone can have
IOW, you cannot speak for God and His Judgment of anyone
say what?
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#290 May 8, 2013
ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IS A NATURAL PHENOMINA:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v477/n73...
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#291 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Antibiotics and polymers were developed using models of evolutionary theory.
If evolutionary theory is false then antibiotics and polymers would not work.
Antibiotics and polymers work.
Therefore evolutionary theory is not false.
Therefore your video is bogus, and you are an idiot.
DEBUNKING YOU:
http://www.skepticink.com/humesapprentice/201...

Location hidden

#295 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
Did you read the article, you moron? He debunks CREATIONISM.

"No creationist doubts that changes can occur in the genetic make-up of a population. They don’t doubt that the process of evolution occurs. Rather, they have trouble with believing that those kinds of processes have given rise to fish, whales, humans, frogs, and so on. This is a clear case of confusion."

"Most versions of creationism are abundantly testable not just in theory but in actuality. In fact, they’ve been tested and proven false dozens of times. Example: the thesis that the earth and universe are less than ten thousand years old entails that we ought not to be able to see stars that are millions of light years away, that we ought not have rocks with radiometric ages of millions of years, and so on. And we have all that. Of course, some creationists will make up un-evidenced excuses for all this stuff."

The willingness of creationists to engage in this to defend their position shows that they aren’t behaving like good scientists, or even remotely reasonable people.

"Ironically, I’ve seen a number of authors make the mistake of declaring that supernatural hypotheses cannot be tested, ignoring the fact that they have been tested repeatedly (psychic abilities have been tested by James Randi). I’ve seen authors claim that no evidence could possibly falsify creationism, and then go on to adduce a long list of evidence that falsifies creationism (example: Douglas Futuyma’s Evolutionary Biology under the section on creationism). Obvious contradictions. Creationism is falsified in light of the fact that it doesn’t predict the evidence we have as well as evolution (transitional fossils, biogeography, and so on)."

You are a MORON.

Location hidden

#296 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IS A NATURAL PHENOMINA:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v477/n73...
Once again, you MORON, you prove that 1) you're completely ignorant and 2) you can't reads and 3) you don;t even bother to read the links you post.

This is what your link says, you fool:

"The discovery of antibiotics more than 70&#8201;years ago initiated a period of drug innovation and implementation in human and animal health and agriculture. These discoveries were tempered in all cases by the emergence of resistant microbes. This history has been interpreted to mean that antibiotic resistance in pathogenic bacteria is a modern phenomenon; this view is reinforced by the fact that collections of microbes that predate the antibiotic era are highly susceptible to antibiotics. Here we report targeted metagenomic analyses of rigorously authenticated ancient DNA from 30,000-year-old Beringian permafrost sediments and the identification of a highly diverse collection of genes encoding resistance to &#946;-lactam, tetracycline and glycopeptide antibiotics. Structure and function studies on the complete vancomycin resistance element VanA confirmed its similarity to modern variants. These results show conclusively that antibiotic resistance is a natural phenomenon that predates the modern selective pressure of clinical antibiotic use."

Antibiotic RESISTANCE is a natural phenomena. It occurs when organisms EVOLVE and ADAPT to their environments.

My point was that ANTIBIOTICS (meaning antibiotic drugs) were created based on a model of evolutionary theory. What you just read IS THE MODEL OF EVOLUTIONARY THEORY that was used as the basis for producing antibiotics in the lab.

You are incredibly stupid. You don't even bother to read the links you post, and you have NO CLUE what the arguments are before you go off half-cocked thinking you've "debunked" me.

You've done nothing of the sort, you pitiable fool. And you never will.

Location hidden

#297 May 8, 2013
The following is a small portion of the late Ruth Hurmence Green’s "The God From Galilee" which conclusively proves that Christianity is indeed absurd.

----------

Jesus bases his ministry upon the assumption that the end of the world is imminent and that he will return shortly and establish the king­dom he preaches. In the Gospel of Matthew alone, Jesus refers to this con­cept at least six times. "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17). These words of warning are an exact repetition of those of John the Baptist, whom many mistake for the Messiah (Matthew 3:2).

Sending his Disciples out onto the circuit, Jesus reminds them: "For ver­ily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come" (Matthew 10:23). Again Jesus asserts: "There shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" (Matthew 16:28). He makes it clear, after describing his early triumphant return: "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" (Matthew 24:34).

In Galilee Jesus repeats: "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand" (Mark 1:15). "The hour is come, and now is, when the dead shall hear the Voice of the Son of God" (John 5:25). Finally: "If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" (John 21:22). Here Jesus speaks of the Disci­ple John to Peter. Paul and the other evangelist Apostles take up Jesus’ clar­ion prediction, still echoed today.

As a natural accompaniment to the wording of impending doom, verbal pictures of the End are majestically painted by Jesus on several occasions. His second coming will bring about the redemption of the Jews from the Gentiles, and the establishment of the Jewish kingdom of God.

----------

Despite belief to the contrary prevalent today, Jesus was not a booster for family life. In the scriptures he treats his mother and siblings with something less than affection and respect. He does not marry or father children. After laying down rules about adultery and divorce, he proceeds to predict some rather astonishing effects that belief in him will have upon the family as an institution: "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household" (Matthew 10:35, 36). From the time he is twelve years old and doesn’t bother to tell his moth­er that he is remaining in the temple, he seems to have no close ties to his family and discourages his converts from having any with theirs.

He demands that they drop everything immediately to become his fol­lowers: "And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead... and another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but first let me go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:59-62). Two of his disciples actually leave their father mending the fishing nets (Matthew 4:21, 22).

It is a real puzzle where Christians today get their exalted view of the Christian family. And few Bible readers will understand the worshipful position accorded to Mary, for Jesus was rude to his mother at the marriage feast: "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" (John 2:1–4). And he was even more uncivil when she and his brothers waited at the edge of a crowd to speak to him, posing a question to his Disciples: "Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?" and indicating that the Disciples were now his family (Matthew 12:46–49). Then he added that all who do the will of God, "the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Location hidden

#298 May 8, 2013
More from "The God Of Galilee":

Before he departed this vale of tears, as God’s habitat for humanity this side of the grave has been described, the Savior of the entire world might have been expected to leave very lucid instructions as to how salvation might be achieved. And from his lips on various occasions do fall words that supposedly pinpoint "the way." Such words should leave not the smallest doubt, for they deal with everlasting happiness or inevitable everlasting torment. Let these words be examined!

When a lawyer questions Jesus about the requirements for eternal life (in heaven, one assumes), Jesus asks the lawyer what "the law" says, no doubt referring to the Mosaic law. The lawyer answers: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself." Jesus replies: "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live" (Luke 10:25–28).

No mention of belief in himself as the Son of God or the Redeemer of the world from sin! In other words, one does not have to be a Christian to be saved. Love for God and fellow beings suffices.

Consider, then, Jesus’ words at another time: "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36). To Nicodemus, Jesus also expounded: "He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:17, 18).

No mention of love of God and neighbor! Unquestioning belief is all that is necessary for salvation. There are no other stipulations.

Jesus’ above statements are categorical, but in at least one sense the two requirements are at odds, for Deism and Christianity are not one and the same in every case, not by far. For, although Christianity may imply love of God and one’s neighbor, such love does not necessarily imply Christianity. Thus, Jesus himself is presented in the scriptures as denying the need of anyone for a Savior.

But that is not yet the end of the puzzle. Jesus continues to put up con­flicting guideposts: "The hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, unto the resurrec­tion of damnation" (John 5:28, 29). No mention of belief in Jesus Christ or of love of God and neighbor! Now only good deeds assure one of "life." No need here, or in above rules, to be reborn!

----------

See more at: http://disinfo.com/2009/12/the-real-jesus-of-...
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#299 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how people can accept the improbable the claims of virgin birth and rising from the dead simply on the basis of 2,000 year-old writings and then reject the museums full of physical evidence supporting the theory of evolution.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan (Dr. Arroway in Contact)
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#300 May 8, 2013
@ High Evolved. It seems that you will believe any book that debunks the bible and those books are just MANS opinion, but the bible also written by MAN , you seem to have a giant problem with.

Have you ever attempted to read the bible from front to back without any sort of bias in your mind in its complete context minus anything Christianity has passed down.

most of the questions you seem to ask are what Christianity has taught instead of what the bible teaches.

Location hidden

#301 May 8, 2013
Ant wrote:
@ High Evolved. It seems that you will believe any book that debunks the bible and those books are just MANS opinion, but the bible also written by MAN , you seem to have a giant problem with.
Have you ever attempted to read the bible from front to back without any sort of bias in your mind in its complete context minus anything Christianity has passed down.
most of the questions you seem to ask are what Christianity has taught instead of what the bible teaches.
Yes, I have read the Bible cover to cover and studied it in context. That's why I know that it's a collection of myths and fables.

There are multiple strains of Christianity in the Bible, did you know that? The New Testament is a reflection of its times. There were several competing schools of Christianity which emerged at the same time, and if you read the NT carefully you can parse out which author was from which camp.

I don't believe just any book that debunks the Bible, by the way. I've read several that were shoddy in their research. I've also read quite a few that conclusively prove that the Bible is a book of fables and legends.

I will take Man's logically deduced opinions over the rants of a zealot any day. If more people would do that the world would be a better place.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#304 May 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
BECAUSE JERUSALEM AND IT'S TEMPLE WERE DESTROYED IN AD70 AND THE INHABITANTS KILLED OR ENSLAVED!!!!!!
You freaks cry about Hitler killing six million jews, call him evil, but think that the christians who slaughtered 100,000,000 native Americans to steal their land, after the native Americans taught them what was good for food here and how to survive here, where good?
The christian cult is the most evil, hate filled, self serving, blood lusting, perverted people in history.
You freaks are the definition of the word evil
The christian cult owned slaves here, you freaks believe you have the right to own other humans.
The christian cult should be wiped off the face of the earth for the benefit of all humans
Hitler was a good man compared to the christian cult

“There is no god”

War, WV

#305 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have read the Bible cover to cover and studied it in context. That's why I know that it's a collection of myths and fables.
There are multiple strains of Christianity in the Bible, did you know that? The New Testament is a reflection of its times. There were several competing schools of Christianity which emerged at the same time, and if you read the NT carefully you can parse out which author was from which camp.
I don't believe just any book that debunks the Bible, by the way. I've read several that were shoddy in their research. I've also read quite a few that conclusively prove that the Bible is a book of fables and legends.
I will take Man's logically deduced opinions over the rants of a zealot any day. If more people would do that the world would be a better place.
May I ask your opinion on the Hubble telescope and Voyager 1 NOT seeing heaven, god, or angels? After all the bible claims that the tower of Babble was so tall man could climb to heaven?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#306 May 8, 2013
Proof that the bible is not real, that there is no god or jesus

Matthew 24:34
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#307 May 8, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
say what?
No one can have the whole Truth about God, hon.
Do you really think you can figure out God completely?
No human will ever be able to comprehend fully all there is to God.
Clear yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min Good-Evil 2,016
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Cookie_Parker 19,794
Before The Big Bang 3 hr Justice League 2,560
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 hr dollarsbill 83,961
Poll 2015 edition: who is the dumbest fundie on topix? 5 hr Just the Truth 168
ASK the BIBLE MAN? 5 hr par five 99
For Atheist, Agnostics, Whoever... 5 hr dollarsbill 683
Holocaustianity was made to replace Christianity 5 hr Just the Truth 95
Questions for Dollarsbill? 5 hr dollarsbill 51
More from around the web