NOT EVERYTHING in THE BIBLE IS TRUE
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#44 Aug 26, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this was part of this morning's sermon. Every time you condemn someone to hell, a common fundie practice, "You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees. You hypocrites.
God bless you.
NONE OF MY CHRISTIAN FRIENDS CONDEMN PEOPLE TO HELL!
Who do you consider the "fundies"?

If that's what they do then I believe it's wrong too.
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#45 Aug 26, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
He is God. All the Godhead dwells in Him.
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Do you believe Jesus or Paul?

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Matthew 22
29But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven. 31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
PreacherOfTruth

San Antonio, TX

#46 Aug 26, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Jesus or Paul?
Do you believe that everything written in the new testament that Jesus said is the truth?
Yes or no?
PreacherOfTruth

San Antonio, TX

#47 Aug 26, 2013
If not...why not?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#48 Aug 27, 2013
COLLOSSIANS 2:9 IS:

'9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,'(NIV)
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#49 Aug 27, 2013
COLLISSIANS 2:9 (VARIOUS TRANSLATIONS):

RSV: For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily...

NIV: For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form...

NEB: For it is in Christ that the complete being of the Godhead dwells embodied...

Barclay: For it is in Christ that godhead in all its completeness dwells in bodily form.

Amplified: For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead), continues to dwell in bodily form - giving complete expression of the divine nature.

MY INTERPRETATION: For in the now risen Jesus the full divinity of God dwells in bodily form.(a complete link between God and mankind.)
JohnnyTrunk

Abington, PA

#50 Aug 27, 2013
lol wrote:
http://www.exadventist.com/Hom e/Articles/Jesu...
Jesus is Not Michael the Archangel
The teaching that Jesus is Michael the Archangel is an old, tired Arian argument. The early Adventist pioneers taught the heresy called "Arianism" which teaches that Jesus is not God the Son, the second Person of the Trinity. Those who believe this false doctrine teach that Jesus is an exalted angel. Those, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, who promote this heresy today teach that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.
This early Adventist heresy appeared in several books and articles published by the church. It even manifested itself in the hymnology of the church. In the official Seventh-day Adventist hymnal, published from 1941 until its recent revision in 1985, the church had changed the words of the hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy" which says, "God in three Persons, blessed Trinity" to "God overall who rules eternity."
Evidence of this doctrinal pollution is found in the writings of Ellen White:
"Moses passed through death, but Michael came down and gave him life before his body had seen corruption. Satan tried to hold the body, claiming it as his; but Michael resurrected Moses and took him to heaven. Satan railed bitterly against God...but Christ did not rebuke His adversary... He meekly referred him to His Father, saying,'The Lord rebuke thee.'" Early Writings, p. 164 (emphasis added).
"When Jesus stands up; when his work is finished in the Most Holy, then there will be not another ray of light to be imparted to the sinner....The light is made to reach far ahead, where all is total darkness. MICHAEL stands up." Spiritual Gifts, vol. 2, p. 276 (emphasis added).
"As Christ and the angels approached the grave, Satan and his angels appeared at the grave, and were guarding the body of Moses, lest it should be removed. As Christ and his angels drew nigh, Satan resisted their approach, but was compelled, by the glory and power of Christ and his angels to fall back. Satan claimed the body of Moses, because of his one transgression; but Christ meekly referred him to his Father, saying, "The Lord rebuke thee." Spiritual Gifts, vol. 4a, p. 58 (emphasis added).
"Just before going into the meeting, I had a revival of some interesting scenes which had passed before me in vision...It seemed to me that the angels were making a rift in the cloud and letting in the beams of light from heaven. The subject that was presented so strikingly was the case of Moses....The angels buried him, but the Son of God soon came down and raised him from the dead and took him to heaven." Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, p. 659 (emphasis added).
"As a people we must stand as did the world's Redeemer. When in controversy with Satan, in regard to the body of Moses, Christ durst not bring against him a railing accusation." Testimonies for the Church, vol. 9, p. 239.
I know testimonies for the church again how sad.where is your proof from the Bible if you don`t prove it from the Bible i am going to go.
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#51 Aug 27, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
I know testimonies for the church again how sad.where is your proof from the Bible if you don`t prove it from the Bible i am going to go.
How about this:

Jude 1
9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said,“The Lord rebuke you!”[d

Verse 9 says Micheal but verse 1 says "servant of Jesus Christ". Why?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#52 Aug 28, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
MATTHEW 16:27 reads,
“For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father WITH HIS ANGELS: and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
MARK 8:38:
“Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father WITH THE HOLY ANGELS.”
NOT 'WITH HIS OTHER ANGELS'!!!!!!!!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#53 Aug 28, 2013
JESS AS PRAYED TO, WHICH WOULD BE BLASPHEMUS IF HE WERE AN ANGL:
In Acts 7:59, according to their own Kingdom Interlinear Translation, Stephen makes a direct prayer to Jesus.

Also in Revelation 22:20, this is a prayer to Jesus accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses themselves.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#54 Aug 28, 2013
Concerning the Second Coming of Christ, Paul wrote:“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first”.
Supposedly, since Jesus is described as descending from heaven “with the voice of an archangel,” then some fools believe he must be the archangel Michael.
However, this verse does not teach that THE VOICE WILL BELONG TO JESUS NOR THAT HE WILL BE BLOWING THE TRUMPET!
How can he shout while he is blowing a trumpet?
He will be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Just as He will be attended “with a shout” and “with the trumpet of God,” so will He be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.”
ANNOUNCED BY AN ARCHANGEL!!!!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#55 Aug 28, 2013
jesus is wrote:
Concerning the Second Coming of Christ, Paul wrote:“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first”.
Supposedly, since Jesus is described as descending from heaven “with the voice of an archangel,” then some fools believe he must be the archangel Michael.
However, this verse does not teach that THE VOICE WILL BELONG TO JESUS NOR THAT HE WILL BE BLOWING THE TRUMPET!
How can he shout while he is blowing a trumpet?
He will be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Just as He will be attended “with a shout” and “with the trumpet of God,” so will He be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.”
ANNOUNCED BY AN ARCHANGEL!!!!!
You're wasting your time studying a mythological book. The book of Revelation is a delusion and it has no parallel in the OT. The bible basically ends with the second coming on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14. There is no rapture, tribulation, or millennium.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#56 Aug 29, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this:
Jude 1
9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said,“The Lord rebuke you!”[d
Jude 1
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Salutation

1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James,

Jude 1:9
9 But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, disputed about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a reviling judgment upon him, but said,“The Lord rebuke you.”[

what are you talking about?
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#57 Aug 29, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this:
Jude 1
because Jesus was was know as Michael back then.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#58 Aug 29, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
He is God. All the Godhead dwells in Him.
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
If all the Godhead dwell in Him is Jesus part of the Godhead? does Jesus dwell in Jesus?
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#59 Aug 29, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 1
Salutation
1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James,
Jude 1:9
9 But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, disputed about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a reviling judgment upon him, but said,“The Lord rebuke you.”[
what are you talking about?
It clearly differentiates between Jesus and Michael. If you have the bible saying different, Im all ears
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#60 Aug 29, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
because Jesus was was know as Michael back then.
Sorry, there it doesnt act as if they're the same being. It differentiates them. Why?
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#61 Aug 30, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, there it doesnt act as if they're the same being. It differentiates them. Why?
sorry your just seeing things the way you want to.
JohnnyTrunk

Westland, MI

#62 Aug 30, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
It clearly differentiates between Jesus and Michael. If you have the bible saying different, Im all ears
Because in the Time of Moses Jesus was only known as Micheal the archangel.
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#63 Aug 30, 2013
JohnnyTrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry your just seeing things the way you want to.
I simply read whats there lol. Its on you to explain why it differentiates "Jesus" and "Michael"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
failed prophecies 19 min Gary Coaldigger 565
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 1 hr Le Monde 1,350
Forum has gone to the dogs 2 hr Allen Richards 42
Early Christianity 2 hr Allen Richards 1,270
Turns Out 3 hr BillyHerman45 164
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 3 hr BillyHerman45 364
temporary travel ban 3 hr BillyHerman45 10
More from around the web