Turning the other cheek

“Acts 1:7”

Since: Apr 08

thesecretary.wordpress.com/

#21 Apr 23, 2008
stoobee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Teresa. Once there was a man---a very cruel man who lived in a small town in the distant country. Being so, he was attracted to women without scruples and without morals. They hated him, because he was powerful and took from them what he desired. One day, a very beautiful woman rode into their town, and he immediately thought he would take her under his wing. But she was far more than beautiful, and as he watched her, he began to fall in love with her, but his past would surely make this impossible. He went home to think about what he could do, knowing she would be leaving within three weeks. He made a mask---a mask resembing the perfect gentleman---after all, she was the perfect lady. For hours each day he practiced in front of the mirror his speech, inflexions, style, etc. The day drew near. He had to talk to her, and when he did, she too began to fall in love with the masked man, and soon enough they spent much time with each other, eventually marrying and living in a cottage out in the country. Things could not have been better until one afternoon, as he gazed out of his front, living room window, he began hearing what sounded like hoof prints. Sure enough, from the distance came galloping what soon enough was to be seen an old, immodest relationship with one of the town prostitutes...
She would surely recognize his voice and find him out. He became frightened and did not know what to do. His wife, coming out from the bedroom, and standing behind him asked what was wrong, but he did not know what to say, and began trembling---trembling so hard that his mask fell off in front of him. He picked it up, and in terror ran into the bathroom and shut the door. But when he turned on the lights and lookat himself in the mirror, his face had changed into the face of the mask.
God tells us not only to know our Savior, but to be like Him. Jesus said, "If you love me, you will obey my commands." In doing so, we begin to change and act just like Jesus. It becomes us!
Regards,
Stoobee
What a beautiful story, is that your own writing?

“Acts 1:7”

Since: Apr 08

thesecretary.wordpress.com/

#22 Apr 23, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If we offend you so much, then you must ask yourself why you hang around us so much. You have to know that you do nothing but make our faith stronger by what you do. So, again, why do you hang around us so much?
Maybe that's what he wants. Maybe he's really a Christian testing our faith.

“Straight Shooter”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 Apr 23, 2008
Dryad wrote:
<quoted text>
What a beautiful story, is that your own writing?
Thank you. Yes and no. The core of the story was actually passed down many years ago. Some of it I changed for the purpose of the truth I was attempting to convey. The story is almost completely in my own words. I have authored my own parables and published a poem that I would not have published but for the persistance of a friend. Thanks for asking.

Regards,
Stoobee

“The Great Druid”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#24 Apr 23, 2008
I love to see the wind come out of the sails of the pirates by Christian behaving as Christians should. They will still huff and puff and try to blow your house down, but when your inside of a brick mansion it is just huffing and puffing. Eventually they will tire and turn on themselves.

I have been seeing a great thing happening on these forms of let, God has blessed us.

As others come to the faith, they need to be edified by those that have overcome the adversary so as not to fall into the trap of contending with the adversary.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
Writing in Paradise

Waipahu, HI

#25 Apr 23, 2008
Mechanic45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't lose heart, Angelina!
Romans 12:21...be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good...
Galatians 6:10...as we therefore have opportunity, let us do good unto all men,especiially those that are in the household of faith...
Jeremiah 23:29...is not My word like as a fire? saith the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock into pieces
You classify all non-christians as evil so that you can use the bible as justification for violence against them?

That's pretty sick.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#26 Apr 23, 2008
Dryad wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's what he wants. Maybe he's really a Christian testing our faith.
It doesnt seem likely.

“The Great Druid”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Apr 23, 2008
angelina wrote:
I have found it interesting to see how each of us Christians react differently to non christian posters which of course is to be expected due to the varying personalities here.
In Matthew 5.39 Jesus instructs us to "turn the other cheek."
I'd be interested to know what the Christians on this forum feel about how we should react to ridiculing posts from non believers.
How far do you feel we should go when turning the other cheek?
Should we fight back with a like for like attitude?
I would be interested in other christians thought here and if possible it would be good if you could back up your views with a scripture or two so that maybe this can be a bit of a bible study for us all:)
Thanks
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#28 Apr 23, 2008
stoobee wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your thumbs away. People all over the world, all the time, use parables and analogies to present a point. If I used a toy automobile to explain the simple concept of wheel rotation, is that not sufficient---or must I purchase a real autombile to make my point. BTW, check out the parables in the Bible---Jesus offers them as examples to validate his teaching. If an ant is smart, it moves aside when an elephant approaches---and while the ant is neither smart nor fast enough, the underlying truth of that proverb is just as real. You are playing word games to suggest that the analogy I am trying to make isn't valid. Or...maybe you do not understand the point, in which case I would be most happy to explain it.
But so that you know, I am unwilling to argue this back and forth with you; most people who read the story understand its simple, intended meaning.
Stoobee
No don't bother, I now understand why you posted such a silly story thinking it was the most profound post ever.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#29 Apr 23, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how would you know? Hmmmmm?
Read the whole thing and find out.
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're deluding yourself by saying that. For it is only your pride and arrogance that gets confirmed.
The main problem with Christians is that they've been brainwashed into believing everything they've been told. And it is a very effective reward/punishment brainwashing system at that, I see the effects of it every day on these forums.
Thus, when confronted with some fact showing the falseness of their religion they automatically become defensive and lash out. Mostly through fear, but also their pride doesn't want to admit they could be wrong, and they don't want to give up that holier than thou arrogance that's been driven into their heads.
Although all you Christians deny it, you've been brainwashed over and over and over, to blindly accept the Jesus myth and everything else about Christianity. And you're "saved" if you do and damned if you don't. AND YOU CANNOT GET BEYOND THAT BRAINWASHING!
And that's why you absolutely cannot allow yourself to see the evil truths of your religion or agree with any other belief. Your pride and arrogance blinds you from seeing the truth or any other spiritual path. And the biggest problem with that is that you're being lied to.
Every minute of every day you all have the opportunity to learn, understand, and evolve. You do this by listening to others, exchanging ideas, observing the world around you etc. And you can't spiritually evolve by doing nothing more than shutting everything out and living your entire life based upon some awesomely corrupted primitive old books of inane gibberish. You should not be "turning the other cheek" (hiding), you should be listening, exchanging ideas, and be part of and observe the world around you, to spiritually evolve.

Since: Sep 07

tampa

#30 Apr 23, 2008
stoobee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Teresa. Once there was a man---a very cruel man who lived in a small town in the distant country. Being so, he was attracted to women without scruples and without morals. They hated him, because he was powerful and took from them what he desired. One day, a very beautiful woman rode into their town, and he immediately thought he would take her under his wing. But she was far more than beautiful, and as he watched her, he began to fall in love with her, but his past would surely make this impossible. He went home to think about what he could do, knowing she would be leaving within three weeks. He made a mask---a mask resembing the perfect gentleman---after all, she was the perfect lady. For hours each day he practiced in front of the mirror his speech, inflexions, style, etc. The day drew near. He had to talk to her, and when he did, she too began to fall in love with the masked man, and soon enough they spent much time with each other, eventually marrying and living in a cottage out in the country. Things could not have been better until one afternoon, as he gazed out of his front, living room window, he began hearing what sounded like hoof prints. Sure enough, from the distance came galloping what soon enough was to be seen an old, immodest relationship with one of the town prostitutes...
She would surely recognize his voice and find him out. He became frightened and did not know what to do. His wife, coming out from the bedroom, and standing behind him asked what was wrong, but he did not know what to say, and began trembling---trembling so hard that his mask fell off in front of him. He picked it up, and in terror ran into the bathroom and shut the door. But when he turned on the lights and lookat himself in the mirror, his face had changed into the face of the mask.
God tells us not only to know our Savior, but to be like Him. Jesus said, "If you love me, you will obey my commands." In doing so, we begin to change and act just like Jesus. It becomes us!
Regards,
Stoobee
The problem is, their is jesus the sinless myth, invented after his death and the real Jesus the outcast rejected by his own for being born a bastard, who was unconditionally embrace by the other outcast and the poor, and their burdens became equal to his own, to the point he was moved by the unconditional love they showed him, that gave his life to them from the retribution that the Roman government was going to perpetrate on them if Jesus did not turn himself in, because he went around teaching that the outcast were equal if not better in the eyes of god, because while they were willing to forgive their unjust oppressor, the unjust oppressors were unwilling to forgive the outcast, this anger the Jewish and Roman authorities....So since they could not put a stop to his movement, they hired their own pharisee (Paul) to take it over, and write the mythical jesus into history,(thus you have the creation of the catholic church) that you now worship, because you could not get yourselves accept reality that a bastard could actually be your redeemer...JESUS WAS A SINNER WHO WAS HIMSELF REDEEMED BY THE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE OF THE OTHER OUTCAST...

Location hidden

#31 Apr 23, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the whole thing and find out.
<quoted text>
You dont know, thats the point.

Location hidden

#32 Apr 23, 2008
zazenmind wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is, their is jesus the sinless myth, invented after his death and the real Jesus the outcast rejected by his own for being born a bastard, who was unconditionally embrace by the other outcast
STILL waiting on the evidence to support this that has never been presented, ever.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#33 Apr 23, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know, thats the point.
You don't want to face the answer I gave, that's your problem. Denial.

Location hidden

#34 Apr 23, 2008
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want to face the answer I gave, that's your problem. Denial.
LOL! Wow! Hey, remember to try and stay inside the lines tonight when you are coloring in your picture book.

Since: Sep 07

tampa

#35 Apr 23, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL waiting on the evidence to support this that has never been presented, ever.
Its simple remove all the myths and superstitions about Jesus, and add some good old common sense and reason, and you will understand, what I have written is the truth, and for me this actual realistic truth makes Jesus more of a compassionate all embracing human being than all the myth about him put together.....The sinless jesus stinks just as bad as the pope, the priest and all the parasite pastors and religious authorities of all the religions...HUMANITIES PROBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN CORRUPT ELITIST...

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#36 Apr 23, 2008
Hello

WIP..
Writing in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
You classify all non-christians as evil so that you can use the bible as justification for violence against them?
That's pretty sick.
That's Why we are Here...
In a Nutshell...

This is prt of the stigma attached to being an Atheist..
It's people like this who perpetuate the stigma against Atheists and non believers...

Good reply !!

Atheist

Location hidden

#37 Apr 23, 2008
zazenmind wrote:
<quoted text>Its simple remove all the myths and superstitions about Jesus, and add some good old common sense and reason, and you will understand,...
Nope, didnt work. Common sense is how I live my entire life. Thats where wisdom originates.

Location hidden

#38 Apr 23, 2008
I guess I am bothering Seenthe darkside since he is judging my posts and being a meany, lol!
angelina

Chatham, UK

#39 Apr 23, 2008
Isn't it nice to that so many non believers have joined us here to provide practice for us all in whether we should turn the other cheek:)

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#40 Apr 24, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
I guess I am bothering Seenthe darkside since he is judging my posts and being a meany, lol!
You're being paranoid again. Maybe you need to get a new tin foil hat to protect you from those meanies out to control your mind.

But thanks for making it so easy to show what hypocrites Christians are, and how evil you are in particular. I mean you come to a Christian forum titled "Turning the other cheek" and spew out your hatred like venom. Perfect, just perfect. Your Jesus would be so proud of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 25 min janeebee 25
Religious Freedom 51 min janeebee 39
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 5,757
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 3 hr janeebee 2,541
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 4 hr EVERLASTING FATHER 166
Welcome all to the new CF 6 hr Huntington Guy 5
where are the Storms?. 7 hr Big Al 16
More from around the web