Revelation
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 12, 2011
I don't know if there has been a discussion on Revelations, but this is one of the most interesting books in the Bible...in my opinion.

The Bible states all of these signs, and prophecies that shall come true before Christ's return. Everyday, more signs and prophecies are being fulfilled.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#2 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
I don't know if there has been a discussion on Revelations, but this is one of the most interesting books in the Bible...in my opinion.
The Bible states all of these signs, and prophecies that shall come true before Christ's return. Everyday, more signs and prophecies are being fulfilled.
And all the so called prophecies were suppose to be fulfilled >>WITHIN<< THE LIFETIME OF HIS DISCIPLES. And they are long ago dead and gone, without any of them happening.

And Revelations is a work of evil that has nothing to do with God. If you had the Spirit of God you would know this, and that it doesn't even have anything to do our planet. It was just a spiritual vision that someone had about the activities of some evil souls/demons that occurred ages ago. It is the most evil and dangerous book in the book of lies for anyone to read. It will harm anyone's soul who tries to get spiritual understanding from it. For they will will only get EVIL spiritual understanding, and possibly alter their soul's energy so that evil souls can influence them.
Punisher

New York, NY

#3 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
It almost didnt make the canon. for obvious reasons. But please do some research as to why it was such a contentious addition...it should at least give you pause...
Punisher

New York, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
"The Bible states..." what the readers says it states. Not the other way around...

This is one of those things that drives me nutz. The Bible doesnt state anything as its inferred by this much over used terminology. You all make it sound like the Bible itself delivers your doctrine, which it doesnt. The bible is inert till someone picks it up, reads it and interprets it...

You all use this short remark to make it sound like the Bible is clear and all is explained by the bible itself...as if interpretation has no place in the use of the bible...that all one has to do is open the book and the messages will all be obvious and that it didnt take a few thousand years of debate and fighting to interpret it...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
"merely the ravings of a maniac"
-- Thomas Jefferson

"a curious record of the visions of a drug addict"
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Revelation, the insanest of all books"
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

"a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia"
-- Pope Benedict XVI

"Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
-- Martin Luther

"John Calvin had grave doubts about it's value"
-- John Drane,'Revelation of St John'

http://www.constitution.org/tj/jeff16.htm
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/keith_...
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/ro...
http://www.bible-researcher.com/antilegomena....

Location hidden

#6 Jan 12, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
"merely the ravings of a maniac"
-- Thomas Jefferson
"a curious record of the visions of a drug addict"
-- George Bernard Shaw
"Revelation, the insanest of all books"
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
"a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia"
-- Pope Benedict XVI
"Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
-- Martin Luther
"John Calvin had grave doubts about it's value"
-- John Drane,'Revelation of St John'
http://www.constitution.org/tj/jeff16.htm
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/keith_...
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/ro...
http://www.bible-researcher.com/antilegomena....
And...why would I care what any of those people said? If they deny God, fine. But just because they don't believe in God, it won't change my mind.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 12, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
And all the so called prophecies were suppose to be fulfilled >>WITHIN<< THE LIFETIME OF HIS DISCIPLES. And they are long ago dead and gone, without any of them happening.
And Revelations is a work of evil that has nothing to do with God. If you had the Spirit of God you would know this, and that it doesn't even have anything to do our planet. It was just a spiritual vision that someone had about the activities of some evil souls/demons that occurred ages ago. It is the most evil and dangerous book in the book of lies for anyone to read. It will harm anyone's soul who tries to get spiritual understanding from it. For they will will only get EVIL spiritual understanding, and possibly alter their soul's energy so that evil souls can influence them.
Why do you consider it 'dangerous'? I think that somewhere, deep, deep inside of you, you know that it's true. But you're too afraid to face the truth.
nidhogg

Madisonville, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

behold he is coming with the clouds = nimbus, or thunderhead

the thunder, perfect mind.

[ The Seals ] I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder,“Come!”

And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say,“Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down.”

23 “Then if anyone says to you,‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you,‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven,“Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free[i] and slave, both small and great.”

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

At the link is a list of over 200 times Christians have been wrong on end times.

This is old news.Every generation of Christians for over 2000 years had a good number of persons beliveing the end times were apond us. All were totaly wrong.
nidhogg

Madisonville, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
before the fall they felt no shame. then they felt vulnerable and they covered their nakedness. and the first question was......who told you, you were naked?

man does not live by bread alone but by every word as god.

behold i come like a thief. blessed is he who stays awake. lest he go naked and they see his shame.

wake up!

Location hidden

#11 Jan 12, 2011

Location hidden

#12 Jan 12, 2011
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
At the link is a list of over 200 times Christians have been wrong on end times.
This is old news.Every generation of Christians for over 2000 years had a good number of persons beliveing the end times were apond us. All were totaly wrong.
Good site. Apparently, they were wrong. I don't know when the end is, angels don't know when the end is, even Jesus doesn't know when the end is. But God gave us signs to know when the time is near.

Matthew 24:36- "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"

Location hidden

#13 Jan 12, 2011
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good website. Thanks for sharing. And they're exactly right, those people were wrong (apparently). No one knows when Christ will return. Not me, not his angels, not even Jesus.

Matthew 24:36- "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
<quoted text>
And...why would I care what any of those people said? If they deny God, fine. But just because they don't believe in God, it won't change my mind.
You can't change your mind if you have forfeited the use of it, a necessary condition for being 'born again'.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 12, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I don't think so.
What

Statts Mills, WV

#16 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
Revelations is a great study but forget any true discussion here. If you haven't noticed all the worlds smartest atheists and spiritualists (really anti-Christs) reside here.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 12, 2011
Sorry for the double post. I didn't realize it went through the first time.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 12, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't change your mind if you have forfeited the use of it, a necessary condition for being 'born again'.
Hey, your ignorance is showing. It's just another one of your opinions. As if they really matter to me.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 12, 2011
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelations is a great study but forget any true discussion here. If you haven't noticed all the worlds smartest atheists and spiritualists (really anti-Christs) reside here.
Yeah, I figured that. I was hoping I could at least squeeze a little bit of conversation out. But hey, let them come. We can just prove them wrong.
bible teacher

San Gabriel, CA

#20 Jan 12, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
My favorite book is the Song of Solomon, haha just kidding.

Christ could return tomorrow or even 500 yrs from now, who knows???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MESSAGE FROM GOD to THE REPUBLICANS of USA (Nov '14) 6 min Hell Is Eternal 40
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) 32 min Elganned 194
Where Did GOD Come From?! 38 min Elganned 66
What Does God Hate? 2 hr Hell Is Eternal 253
Why doesn't god heal amputees? 2 hr Hell Is Eternal 35
Original Sin? 7 hr The Wise man 11
John 15:12 the BEST verse in the bible? (Oct '15) 10 hr Hell Is Eternal 32