Christianity's biggest lie

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#150 May 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Read the scripture. YOu have not proved your argument. The word wrongly translated fowl refers to creatures that fly. The reference to locust says four feet and two jumping legs above those feet. No flat earth the word "circle" means dome. As for men being created before and after animals. Please cite the specific verses?
<><
I accept you concession and apology. Brain dead atheASSts think they can quote 2-3 verses out-of-context and prove their lying attacks.
Genesis 1: God creates the Earth (which is covered with water), light and darkness, day and night (Day 1); God creates the sky (Day 2); God makes dry ground appear and creates vegetation (Day 4); God creates animals that live in the water and air (Day 5)God creates animals that live on land, saw that it was good, then creates man and woman (Day 6).

Genesis 2: "Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being... The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food... The Lord God said,'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him... Now the Lord God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky... But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."

In Genesis 1 God creates vegetation, then animals, then Man and Woman.

In genesis 2 God creates Man, then vegetation, then animals (to help the Man work the land), then Woman.

So, according to Scripture God made Man AFTER the animals (Genesis 1) and also BEFORE the animals (Genesis 2.)

Location hidden

#151 May 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>The rest of chap. 2 merely recaps the creation without specifically stating any order.
Bull crap.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

{Note: God made Man, THEN trees and other vegetation, which contradicts the order of creation in Genesis 1.]

10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

[Note: God created the animals AFTER he created Man, which contradicts the order of creation in Genesis 1.]

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

----------

This is clearly presented in chronological order. "This happened, then God did this, then he did that."

And the fact remains that the order of creation differs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2.

Either you're illiterate or a liar. Which is it?

Location hidden

#152 May 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
You made the first assertion you prove that you do?
Ah yes, the first person to make the assertion has the burden of proof.

Okay, smartass, you just bit the dust!

You claimed that God exists BEFORE I said he didn't. YOU made the first assertion, so YOU have to prove it.

And you can't.

Checkmate, AGAIN!

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#153 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1: God creates the Earth (which is covered with water), light and darkness, day and night (Day 1); God creates the sky (Day 2); God makes dry ground appear and creates vegetation (Day 4); God creates animals that live in the water and air (Day 5)God creates animals that live on land, saw that it was good, then creates man and woman (Day 6).
Genesis 2: "Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being... The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food... The Lord God said,'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him... Now the Lord God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky... But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."
In genesis 2 God creates Man, then vegetation, then animals (to help the Man work the land), then Woman.
So, according to Scripture God made Man AFTER the animals (Genesis 1) and also BEFORE the animals (Genesis 2.)
<><
For the idiots who can only copy/paste mindless arguments from atheASSts-R-us!
<><
Gen chap. 1 describes the creation. Chap. 2 v. 1-3. states that the creation was completed and God rested from His work.
<><Gen 2:1-3
(1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
(2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
(3) And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
<><
The rest of chap. 2 merely recaps the creation without specifically stating any order. Note plants are mentioned in vs. 5, man in vs. 7, and trees vs. 9. Note vs. 9 "God made to spring up also out of the earth every tree" ALSO TREES in addition to the plants which had already sprung up.
<><
Gen 2:9 And God made to spring up also out of the earth every tree beautiful to the eye and good for food, and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of learning the knowledge of good and evil.
<><
Got any more asinine C/Ps from atheASSts-R-us?

US 62 @ US 81

#154 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed that God exists BEFORE I said he didn't. YOU made the first assertion, so YOU have to prove it.
And you can't.
Checkmate, AGAIN!
<><
That was not the point. You claimed you had a degree is religion. I said Bulk Wrap. You said prove it. I said you made the first assertion on this point the burden of proof is on you. If you have a degree you should know that.
<><
Where did I say God exists to which you supposedly responded He doesn't?

Location hidden

#155 May 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
For the idiots who can only copy/paste mindless arguments from atheASSts-R-us!
<><
Gen chap. 1 describes the creation. Chap. 2 v. 1-3. states that the creation was completed and God rested from His work.
<><Gen 2:1-3
(1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
(2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
(3) And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
<><
The rest of chap. 2 merely recaps the creation without specifically stating any order. Note plants are mentioned in vs. 5, man in vs. 7, and trees vs. 9. Note vs. 9 "God made to spring up also out of the earth every tree" ALSO TREES in addition to the plants which had already sprung up.
<><
Gen 2:9 And God made to spring up also out of the earth every tree beautiful to the eye and good for food, and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of learning the knowledge of good and evil.
<><
Got any more asinine C/Ps from atheASSts-R-us?
You're either a moron, or a Poe. Did you not see my previous post? I cut and pasted verses from an online Bible, you retard.

US 62 @ US 81

#156 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
----------
This is clearly presented in chronological order. "This happened, then God did this, then he did that."
And the fact remains that the order of creation differs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2.
Either you're illiterate or a liar. Which is it?
<><
Harsh Hit! Read the first 3 vss. The author states the creation was completed and God rested on the 7th day. After that is merely a recap.
<><
Either you are illiterate or you are stupid! The author would not write vss. 1-3, foget that he said the creation was complete, then start all over again.

US 62 @ US 81

#157 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You're either a moron, or a Poe. Did you not see my previous post? I cut and pasted verses from an online Bible, you retard.
<><
You're too stupid to realize we cross posted at the same time! Door Quad!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#158 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVE YOU EVER BOTHERED TO READ THE SOLUTION?

ANSWER:
Genesis 1 describes the “six days of creation”(WHO KNOWS HOW LONG GOD'S DAYS ARE? Genesis 2 covers only one day of that creation week—the sixth day—and there is no contradiction.

In Genesis 2, the author steps back in the temporal sequence to the sixth day, when God made man. In the first chapter, the author of Genesis presents the creation of man on the sixth day as the culmination or high point of creation. Then, in the second chapter, the author gives greater detail regarding the creation of man.

DO YOU THINK THEY HELD ON TO THESE 2 CHAPTERS FOR CENTURIES WITHOUT QUESTIONING THIS APPARENT CONTRADICTION?

Genesis 1:11 records God creating vegetation on the third day. Genesis 2:5 states that prior to the creation of man “NO SHRUB OF THE FIELD had yet appeared on the earth and NO PLANT OF THE FIELD had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground.”

Genesis 1:11 uses a term that refers to vegetation in general. Genesis 2:5 uses a more specific term that refers to VEGETATION THAT REQUIRES AGRICULTURE, i.e., a person to tend it, a gardener, a farmer. The books do not contradict.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#159 May 8, 2013
ANIMAL LIFE:

Genesis 1:24-25 records God creating animal life on the sixth day, before He created man. Genesis 2:19, in some translations, seems to record God creating the animals after He had created man.

However, a good and plausible translation of Genesis 2:19-20 reads,“Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them, and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.”

The text does not say that God created man, then created the animals, and then brought the animals to the man. Rather, the text says,“Now the LORD God had [already] created all the animals.” There is no contradiction. On the sixth day, God created the animals, then created man, and then brought the animals to the man, allowing the man to name the animals.

By considering the two creation accounts individually and then reconciling them, we see that God describes the sequence of creation in Genesis 1, then clarifies its most important details, especially of the sixth day, in Genesis 2. There is no contradiction here, merely a common literary device describing an event from the general to the specific.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/two-Creation-acco...
Me Myself and I

Welch, WV

#161 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus didn't actually die, because you can't kill a God.
So what was Jesus' actual sacrifice? His human body. Thousands of people have sacrificed their human lives for others, so how is Jesus any different?
Who should get more respect, a mortal human who gives up his or her life for others, or an immortal god who merely sheds a human skin?
Christianity is a perversion of the true meaning of sacrifice, and ultimately demeaning to the scores of humans who made the ultimate sacrifice knowing they would not rise again.
How do stupid jerks like you even know how to use a computer?

Jesus DID die a flesh death and that was the sacrifice.

You are a true perversion of Gods creation and the reason why it grieved Him that He made man in the flesh.

Repent. That was the message of Jesus Christ, repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.
Me Myself and I

Welch, WV

#162 May 8, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus cannot be God, for two reasons:
1. God cannot die, and Jesus died.
2. God knows everything, but Jesus claimed that only God knew the day and hour of the End Times. If Jesus isn't omniscient he isn't God.
Some Christians claim that God stopped being God just for a moment so that he could experience death, or that he suspended his omniscience when he walked the Earth as Jesus.
They are convenient answers, but ultimately unsatisfying and illogical.
A god who impregnated a virgin woman, then gave birth to himself, then was forsaken by himself and died but didn't die? ROFLMAO!
Jesus and God are the same in only one way: they are both mythical creatures.
Jesus was the Word made flesh you ignorant twit. That was the WHOLE reason He took on flesh so He could mortify sin in the flesh.

How does someone as stupid as you even know how to use a computer?
Me Myself and I

Welch, WV

#163 May 8, 2013
jesus is wrote:
ANIMAL LIFE:
Genesis 1:24-25 records God creating animal life on the sixth day, before He created man. Genesis 2:19, in some translations, seems to record God creating the animals after He had created man.
However, a good and plausible translation of Genesis 2:19-20 reads,“Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them, and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.”
The text does not say that God created man, then created the animals, and then brought the animals to the man. Rather, the text says,“Now the LORD God had [already] created all the animals.” There is no contradiction. On the sixth day, God created the animals, then created man, and then brought the animals to the man, allowing the man to name the animals.
By considering the two creation accounts individually and then reconciling them, we see that God describes the sequence of creation in Genesis 1, then clarifies its most important details, especially of the sixth day, in Genesis 2. There is no contradiction here, merely a common literary device describing an event from the general to the specific.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/two-Creation-acco...
All of the races were created (made from nothing) in the first chapter of Genesis. THEN, in the 2nd chapter God FORMED from the ground the Hebrew race that Jesus Christ would come through.

Where do you think Cain got his wife? It wasn't his sister since incest is a sin and if it is a sin NOW, it was sin THEN and God does not change.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#167 May 8, 2013
Armed Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>Try Bible School Please!
So you cannot refute his statement. That was a given.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170 May 8, 2013
-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you are looking for proof of your demonic "god", hey?
Gay defenders make such IGNORANT posts. It's clear gay and ignorant fit hand in hand.

Location hidden

#171 May 9, 2013
jesus is wrote:
Rather, the text says,“Now the LORD God had [already] created all the animals.”
That's what the ENGLISH text says. The original Hebrew text doesn't say that.

And there's your answer: the translator spotted the contradiction and changed the tense.

Location hidden

#172 May 9, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Harsh Hit! Read the first 3 vss. The author states the creation was completed and God rested on the 7th day. After that is merely a recap.
<><
Either you are illiterate or you are stupid! The author would not write vss. 1-3, foget that he said the creation was complete, then start all over again.
A recap? For what purpose? Why didn't the author state it all clearly the first time?

I'll tell you why - because when you read Genesis 1 and 2 in Hebrew it's apparent that there were TWO authors.

This is way over your head, but I'll post it here for the others who have functioning brains.

When read in Hebrew it's apparent that one chapter is written in poetry and the other is written in prose.

Genesis 1:1-2:3 is a poetic text. It is metered, and probably the writer(s) intended for it to be sung as a hymnic chant. Rhyme is not all that important in Hebrew poetry, but Hebrew poems commonly use repetition, chiasmus, parallelism, and other rhetorical schemes and tropes. The Genesis 1 text uses "high style" and those artistic devices common to Hebrew poetry - especially catachresis, anaphora, and parallelism. To indicate these artistic qualities here, most NIV translations reproduce the text with hanging indentation to mark the poetic structure. Each section begins with an anaphora: "And God said..." Each section ends with epistrophe: "And there was evening, and there was morning - the _____ day."

Likewise, after the first two days, we have the artistic repetition of the phrase "And God saw that it was good," leading up to a final crescendo, "and it was very good" in Genesis 1:31. This structure is high poetry in the best Hebrew style.

Contrast that with the material following. Genesis 2:4-3:23 is a non-poetic text. It is written in prose rather than in poetic lines - no meter. It does not use anaphora and parallelism the same way as that first section. To indicate the non-poetic nature of the text here, most NIV translations break the text into paragraphs.

In terms of literary devices, the primary schemes and tropes are puns providing Hebrew folk etymologies. For instance, the narrative voice tells us that humanity (the Hebrew word adam) is called adam because God made him from adamah (ground or dust). The folk etymology provides an etiology explaining why the word for "woman" in Hebrew sounds so much like the Hebrew word for "man."

Partly because of the difference between poetic devices and puns, and partly because of changes in diction, the tone of each passage is quite different. In the Genesis 1 passage, the diction is grandiose - designed to emphasize the majesty and the ordered nature of creation.

In Genesis 2:4 and following, the tone becomes more familiar - more "folksy" and simple. We have moved away from the grandeur of the heavens where a disembodied Spirit of God hovers over the dark waters to a smaller setting - the mud and dirt of a single garden where we find God shaping men out of mud and where animals like the serpent can talk in the best beast fable tradition.

According to scholars of Hebrew, the differences in each passage's diction sharply contrast in tone. Even in translation, without looking at the original Hebrew, a modern reader can see significant differences in the narrative voice.

These differences make it clear that there are two creation stories appearing in Genesis - possibly written by two (or more) different authors and later anthologized together by a single believer.

Location hidden

#173 May 9, 2013
Here's a direct comparison of Genesis 1 and 2:

(1) Creation is divided into days.(2)No days or other periods of time are mentioned.

(1) Creation has a cosmic scope.(2) Creation has to do with the earth only.

(1) Animals are created before man.(2) Man is created before animals.

(1) Animals are part of a cosmic design (along with plants and everything else.)(2) Animals are created for a limited purpose: to keep man company or be "a helper" - though they turn out to be unsuitable for Adam, forcing God to make Eve instead.

(1) Man is to rule the world.(2) Man is to have charge of Eden only and, presumably, is never to leave it.

(1) Woman is created simultaneously with man.(2) Woman is created after (and from) the body of man.

(1) No names are given to creatures.(2) All creatures, including man and woman, are given names.

(1) Only the deity speaks.(2) Four speakers engage in dialogue, one of them an animal.

(1) The deity makes a day of the week holy.(2) The deity forbids eating the fruit of a tree.

----------

Side note: Has anyone ever considered that God made the animals hoping that among them there would be a suitable helper for the man, and FAILED? Right off the bat we have a fallible God.

Another side note: The creation stories in Genesis have their roots in two myths. Genesis 1 is taken from the Mesopotamian creation stories found in "The Epic of Gilgamesh", and Genesis 2 is taken from an ancient Egyptian creation myth.

Two sources, two styles, two authors, two orders of creation.

The Holy Babble is debunked in the first two chapters alone!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#174 May 9, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can't.
Checkmate, AGAIN!
I can prove that the christian god does not exist
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#175 May 9, 2013
“The historical saga contained in the Bible – from Abraham’s encounter with God and his journey to Canaan, to Moses, deliverance of the children of Israel from bondage, to the rise and fall of the kingdoms of Israel and Judah – was not a miraculous revelation, but a product of human imagination.

It was first conceived – as recent archaeological findings suggest – during the span of two or three generations, about twenty-six hundred years ago....the goal was to create a myth saying that Judah is the center of the world…”– Archaeologist Israel Finkelstein, Ph.D., director of the Sonia and Marco Nadler Institute of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 3 min Passing thru 9,184
Jesus did not claim to be God 4 min Osmius 292
False Prophet Wesley Van Johnson (Jan '10) 12 min Atheistgirl 37
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 14 min Atheistgirl 203
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 16 min KAB 5,705
Is it possible for Jesus to be Messiah and Rabbi 34 min Passing thru 22
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 36 min Atheistgirl 20,302
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 hr backlagoon 1,783
More from around the web