Christianity's biggest lie
little lamb

Maribyrnong, Australia

#43 May 1, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Must HAVE made it up, moron. Where did you learn English?
Seriously, you suck at English but you profess to comprehend English that was transliterated from Koine Greek and ancient Hebrew? You're a joke.
If God became COMPLETELY human then stopped being God. Zero percent means zero percent.
I'll bet you suck at math too, don't you?
That's my biggest gripe with you Christards - you suck at English, math, logic, and science and you want everyone else to suck at them too, because the most highly educated people are the ones who know the Bible is a fable.
...what is the use of a man who thinks his smart but can't control himself. in how he communicates?

It is written ' better is a man who can control himself , then one who controls a city.'

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#44 May 1, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the SON of God..
The Father sent his SON..
Jesus fulfilled his Fathers will..
" Your will not mine be done"
And it is his BLOOD on the mercy seat in heaven, that obtains salvation by the forgiveness of sins for us...
So you do not have free will?

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#45 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I can certainly understand that you don’t believe that the crucifixion was a sacrifice to atone for sin but I find it very difficult to understand how you can deny that most other Christians believe that. Again, what do you believe the purpose of the crucifixion was?
<><
There are people claiming to be Christians, e.g. JW, UU, OP, LDS, MJ, SDA, etc. who believe all kinds oak wrap. My beliefs are more in line with mainline denominations. What those other groups believe is irrelevant to me. The crucifixion was a vicarious atonement. The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#46 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
There are people claiming to be Christians, e.g. JW, UU, OP, LDS, MJ, SDA, etc. who believe all kinds oak wrap. My beliefs are more in line with mainline denominations. What those other groups believe is irrelevant to me. The crucifixion was a vicarious atonement. The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me.
So you believe that “God” originally required that you be punished for your sins but “He” accepted the crucifixion of “Himself”(Jesus) instead as retribution for your offences?

US 62 @ US 81

#47 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that “God” originally required that you be punished for your sins but “He” accepted the crucifixion of “Himself”(Jesus) instead as retribution for your offences?
<><
Most of this is mindless anti-Christain bulk wrap.
<><
The wages of sin is death, Rom 6:23. The soul that sins shall surely die. Ezek 18:4. He who knew no sin became sin for us. 2Cor 5:21. God shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isa 53:11.
<><
There is one God. The Father is God but He is not the Son, or the Holy Spirit. The Son is God but He is not the Father, or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God but He is not the Son, or the Father. There is one God.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#48 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Most of this is mindless anti-Christain bulk wrap.
<><
The wages of sin is death, Rom 6:23. The soul that sins shall surely die. Ezek 18:4. He who knew no sin became sin for us. 2Cor 5:21. God shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isa 53:11.
<><
There is one God. The Father is God but He is not the Son, or the Holy Spirit. The Son is God but He is not the Father, or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God but He is not the Son, or the Father. There is one God.
So you believe that “God” the Father and “God” the Son are separate beings and that “God” the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against “Him” and “He” accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless Son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against “Him”?
Flygerian

Duncan, OK

#49 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that “God” the Father and “God” the Son are separate beings and that “God” the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against “Him” and “He” accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless Son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against “Him”?
Huh? LMAO

US 62 @ US 81

#50 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Read my post again. I did NOT say, "'God' the Father and 'God' the Son are separate beings."
<><
I did NOT say “'God' the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against 'Him'”
<><
I did NOT say “'He' accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless Son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against 'Him'”
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#51 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Read my post again. I did NOT say, "'God' the Father and 'God' the Son are separate beings."
<><
I did NOT say “'God' the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against 'Him'”
<><
I did NOT say “'He' accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless Son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against 'Him'”
You wrote “The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me”. How is that different from “God” the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against “Him” and “He” accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against “Him”?
little lamb

Park Orchards, Australia

#52 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Break any Law and there are consequences..

sin is the breaking of Law.

We are sold out under sin..and the mess you see in the world is a result of being sold out to sin..

Jesus is the repurchaser, he pays the ransom to bring us back from being sold out by Adam and Eve, to sin.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#53 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Nothing quoted from the Bible. Saying "see John 15:13 and Hebrews 9:26-28; 10:10, 12, 14" doesn't prove anything.
It appears that Allen is too lazy to look up the verses himself.

US 62 @ US 81

#54 May 1, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that Allen is too lazy to look up the verses himself.
<><
Why should I look up every scripture some door quad posts? It appears that the atheists/agnostics and other assorted Bible haters who post here are too lazy and/or stupid to look up the scriptures references they copy paste from atheists-r-us.

US 62 @ US 81

#55 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<><
<><
<><
End wrote:
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote “The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me”. How is that different from “God” the Father requires vengeance for offenses committed against “Him” and “He” accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless son as suitable retribution for the offenses you committed against “Him”?
<><
I did NOT say, "'God' the Father requires vengeance'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "offenses committed against 'Him'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "'He' accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless son!"
<><
I did not say, "suitable retribution'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "offenses you committed against 'Him'!"

Location hidden

#56 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Why should I look up every scripture some door quad posts? It appears that the atheists/agnostics and other assorted Bible haters who post here are too lazy and/or stupid to look up the scriptures references they copy paste from atheists-r-us.
Okay, the gloves are off. YOU are the stupid person. YOU possess a lazy mind. YOU refuse to corroborate what the Bible says.

You're a delusional paranoid idiot. I've read the Bible all the way through. I took comparative religion classes as part of my minor in philosophy. I've read books and scholarly articles on biblical archeology.

What have you done? Nothing. It's very easy to accept something without proof, especially something that says you will continue to live while the people who disagree with you, or who refuse to conform to your worldview, will suffer.

Atheism is much harder than theism, because we have to accept reality. I've done it, and I've transcended the fear of death, and I've derived a moral code without thinking that I should be nice to others because an imaginary being said I should.

Jesus was a sin sacrifice, you moron, whether you agree or not. Read the f-cking Bible.

Location hidden

#57 May 1, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't used the word rapture..you have not me..
How about "free will"? That's not biblical, yet you believe God gave humans and angels free will.

Location hidden

#58 May 1, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
...what is the use of a man who thinks his smart but can't control himself. in how he communicates?
It is written ' better is a man who can control himself , then one who controls a city.'
I hate stupid people. They make me ill. Stupid people are the reason why "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" is a hit show, and "How The Universe Works" isn't.

Stupid people that are religious are even worse, because they hate science and medicine, and they want to ban the teaching of evolution in our schools.

So yes, I'm pissed. People like you suck. You want to reverse the course of human progress - you think global warming is a hoax, you refuse to allow stem-cell research, you don't want women to have the final say about their reproductive health, you oppose gay marriage.

And you justify your retarded agenda by citing verses from a book that is 99% bunk, and 100% outdated.

If I offended you, I'm GLAD. You idiots cannot reason, so what else is there for me to do but ridicule you?
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#59 May 1, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
<><
<><
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<><
I did NOT say, "'God' the Father requires vengeance'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "offenses committed against 'Him'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "'He' accepted the torture and murder of his own guiltless son!"
<><
I did not say, "suitable retribution'!"
<><
I did NOT say, "offenses you committed against 'Him'!"
You did say “The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me”.

"The most serious demand for unquestioned belief is, of course, the atonement. First the believer is to suspend familiar notions of justice, such as punishment of the guilty as opposed to an innocent party. You are then expected to accept the necessity of blood sacrifice for sin; that wrongdoing must be paid for, and not necessarily in proportion to the crime. A father's sacrifice of his innocent son is supposed to be not only just but generous and wonderful." - Marlene Winell, Ph.D in Human Development and Family Studies from Penn State University,

US 62 @ US 81

#60 May 1, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You did say “The punishment I deserved, Jesus took for me”.
"The most serious demand for unquestioned belief is, of course, the atonement. First the believer is to suspend familiar notions of justice, such as punishment of the guilty as opposed to an innocent party. You are then expected to accept the necessity of blood sacrifice for sin; that wrongdoing must be paid for, and not necessarily in proportion to the crime. A father's sacrifice of his innocent son is supposed to be not only just but generous and wonderful." - Marlene Winell, Ph.D in Human Development and Family Studies from Penn State University,
<><
Who the "H" is Marlene Winell, and what makes you think I should be forced to conform to her brain flatulations? How the "H" does a PhD in Human Development and Family Studies qualify her as an expert in the Christian faith? I just love how atheists, agnostics and other assorted Bible haters think that any piece of anti-Christian bulk wrap they find posted online is supposed to be authoritative.
little lamb

Saint Albans, Australia

#61 May 1, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate stupid people. They make me ill. Stupid people are the reason why "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" is a hit show, and "How The Universe Works" isn't.
Stupid people that are religious are even worse, because they hate science and medicine, and they want to ban the teaching of evolution in our schools.
So yes, I'm pissed. People like you suck. You want to reverse the course of human progress - you think global warming is a hoax, you refuse to allow stem-cell research, you don't want women to have the final say about their reproductive health, you oppose gay marriage.
And you justify your retarded agenda by citing verses from a book that is 99% bunk, and 100% outdated.
If I offended you, I'm GLAD. You idiots cannot reason, so what else is there for me to do but ridicule you?
I like the little book full of scriptures ..because all your books do is make you proud , whereas scriptures are able to make you wise for salvation

All your books are incapable of teaching you respect and care for others..

while our little book full of scriptures warn us ' one despising his fellow man is sinning'

so sweet , so short , so true...

If all your books can do is teach you knowledge to make a nuclear bomb to wipe out civilization??...then everything else you learned a long the way is doomed to destruction

whereas the knowledge to know how to love another allows one who is perhaps not educated as much , wisdom for life..
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#62 May 2, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Who the "H" is Marlene Winell, and what makes you think I should be forced to conform to her brain flatulations? How the "H" does a PhD in Human Development and Family Studies qualify her as an expert in the Christian faith? I just love how atheists, agnostics and other assorted Bible haters think that any piece of anti-Christian bulk wrap they find posted online is supposed to be authoritative.
Dr. Marlene Winell does not claim to speak with authority of “God” as holy book believers such as you do. She is merely pointing out the fact that believing the “God” who determined that you must be punished for your sins would accept the torture and of murder of “His” innocent Son as a fair and equitable substitute for the punishment due to you is irrational, illogical, absolutely contrary to any rational standard of justice and patently absurd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breath of god, and how we come to light. 20 min Big Al 81
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 37 min Big Al 2,621
The truth is difficult, I understand. 2 hr Barmsweb 168
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 3 hr Barmsweb 1,939
the essay of mark twain about the jews 10 hr Seentheotherside 71
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 11 hr Seen Is Awesome 1,165
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 11 hr Seentheotherside 248
More from around the web